• MunicipalBlack
    I thought I posted an updated pic with my HR coarse plate grind but apparently I vaped all the others and forgot :rofl:

I'll do another picture today but for now I find the grinds from finest to coarsest are in this order:

HR - Fine
    BCG - Fine
    HR - Medium
    BCG - Medium
    BCG - Coarse
    HR - Coarse

My most used right now are the BCG medium and HR coarse. My MV1 does the best with these two plates and they also work very well with my Splinter. The coarse from the HR leaves occasional (depending on the flower) flavour nugs where as the BCG is more consistent. The HR medium or fine or the BCG fine work well on my Dynavap's but I usually reach for the HR for no particular reason other then I like the weight.
  • Boombastik

Why dont you use BCG fine for MV1? because some grain will fall through the crucible? I ordered BCG with only fine and medium, didnt feel like coarse was needed.

I may order a dynavap at some point as well

Almost exactly what I expected from experience with using the BCG and receiving and comparing the HR plates except, I was expecting the BCG to be finer as the holes “look” a little smaller to me but have also heard others say the HR was finer. I couldn’t resist trying the fine plate even though I have plenty already ground. I ground up about a gram of my favorite strain and looked about the same as the bcg but didn’t compare them yet. I like to look at the size of the dry ABV to compare grind size as it removes the fluffy ness and is more apples to apples to me.
  • MunicipalBlack
    @Boombastik
    I find I get more hot spotting with a fine grid and flavour seems to drop off quicker. I haven't had issues with material falling through at least that I've noticed. Some like a fine plate with their MV1 so it could be preference.

@52
    It can be hard to compare grinds especially when you're looking through a monitor. As you said, it is easier to see the difference in the ABV. Then of course (no pun intended) you need to test with the same strain too as results can vary between strains.

It's no wonder my tolerance had jumped lately ha ha.

I agree, lucky I vape the same strain at least once daily and have some sort of baseline fine grind from the bcg in my brain. I mostly use it in a flowerpot and is easy to see, stir and inspect the ABV right in the FP’s Unique bowl.
    Fine plate on both. BCG is blue. BCG is finer and I like it better for FlowerPot vapes.
    iqf9bsraniktnjl9.jpeg
    p0b7bbmcda4ox2by.jpeg
    Medium HR
    x8rmyal9cr4do246.jpeg
    0g1afofo56419dhv.jpeg
    Attachment
    40827476-4B1D-41DF-8FFA-4D6511EBF0CE (229K)
    Ok, different strain(Columbian Gold) but not dry like the above, 62%. I can’t really tell the difference, both were a little fluffier before I stirred them a little. Just vaped some from the HR and it vaped excellent!
    4itn91tjipqbfjpr.jpeg
    r7axnlceh84vu1xx.jpeg
    603af4gs6wybbz7b.png
  • Other Side
    Just thought I would drop this here.
    qls1vdh3vyv8p43a.jpg

Now this is not exactly an apples to apples comparison but I believe these are some of the nicest grinders on the market and this should give you a decent comparison of what you get.

The Lift is using the medium plate, the BCG the fine plate and the Ripper the standard medium plate. Personally I like the Lift the bear based on the larger capacity and grind texture. As you can see the Ripper is real close to the BCG grind which for the most part is not for me as I prefer a course or medium grind most times.

All three grinders have excellent build quality. The BGC is probably the easiest to switch grind consistency because you simply swap the plate. That is a very nice feature for sure.
  • EconMan
    I have a degree in economics so I love the work and function of econometrics.fatbiker

We must hang. :starstruck:

"Three econometricians went out hunting, and came across a large deer. The first econometrician fired, but missed, by a meter to the left. The second econometrician fired, but also missed, by a meter to the right. The third econometrician didn't fire, but shouted in triumph, "We got it! We got it!" :joke:

On the HR-xl I like all three plates. My favorite is the coarse which I use for my FF2 and G43. Medium for Dyna Omni and for near everything else, except I use fine for my Pax3, which I rarely use.

I've moved away from using a fine grind as all it does is dirty my rigs. I use a four piece slx grinder and the grind it produces for me is perfect.Dr green thumb

Yes! Me too.

Now this is not exactly an apples to apples comparison but I believe these are some of the nicest grinders on the market and this should give you a decent comparison of what you get.Other Side

Indeed! All three are wonderful grinders. :starstruck:
    The choice is down to personal preference. I went for the SOLID stainless because it is just so damned cool to me, it "feels" better to me in my hand, and I prefer the "fire-hose" quick screw/unscrew to the magnet based ones. But I think the BCG's are so darn pretty and love the mix-and-match.

I've experienced no vape yet where the HR between the three plates (and I have both sizes) was unable to easily supply ripped flower. :cool:
  • LabPong
    I would just love to find someone that has a BC coarse plate and does not use it..but wants a fine plate instead......anyone..........Bueller?

The coarse plate in the HR is noticeably coarser then the coarse BCG coarse plate. Both work in the ff2 but I find, with my limited use of the HR, the HR kind of breaks up your bud nicely and the bcg grinds it.
  • LabPong
    I find, with my limited use of the HR, the HR kind of breaks up your bud nicely and the bcg grinds it.52

Interesting.....that is the first time I have heard someone say that in comparison.

I wish HR made a 2' two piece same as the S&B herb mill. I would buy it ....yesterday.
  • EconMan
    The coarse plate in the HR is noticeably coarser then the coarse BCG coarse plate. Both work in the FF2+ but I find, with my limited use of the HR, the HR kind of breaks up your bud nicely and the bcg grinds it.52

I *might* have had a tiny influence on that because I was an early tester of his "coarse" since I was already a customer... I kept bitching COARSE SHOULD BE MORE COARSE. I listened to myself and others and think he got it right. Not quite as coarse as I wanted, but the right level statistically to actually sell grinders :nerd:

Coarse to me is chunky salsa. Fine is hot sauce. Hot sauce you grind the peppers. Salsa you cut the peppers.
  • Summer
    @Other Side, if the 2 grinders were medium grinds, why the BCG fine grind? Don't you have a med. plate?

Do you have the coarse Lift plate? If so, could you post a pic of that next to the medium grind? As I'm on a phone, the pics only enlarge so much so it's tough see the grinds clearly, like upfront & personal. Maybe more close up with brighter lighting & a more contrasting background? (Sorry for being a pain!) I have been waiting for a very long time for someone to post a comparison pic of all 3 Lift grinds. Very few seem to have the coarse plate.
  • Other Side
    I'll do a better comparison...this was just a quick one off and I was doing some comparisons myself. I have all the plates except the herb ripper. Just the regular plate from them.
  • Vapster707
    So any word on where tha ss bits came from ???
  • Other Side
    I know I'm not giving you all you want. I need to dig up the Lift Course plate but here is an apples to apples with medium plates across the board.

gwhfwfckwf036ohp.jpg
    h5wlqt9m1emiehba.jpg
    cd0hkc0n9g103ezs.jpg
    634jeqiuje18s6zn.jpg
    nwfqqw9epn43jjh9.jpg
    1psemnyjg1t2t44l.jpg
    gdldgawxzieq6rjd.jpg
    d2gtaumz94z64ifo.jpg
    ps2w5i9ch206i1r7.jpg

The lift medium plate is certainly the most course followed by the BCG and then Ripper. The Ripper medium plate is really finer than I would like so with that and the size it gets the least use in my collection.

Nice, thanks!
  • fatbiker
    I also wish the medium plate of the HR was a bit more course.
  • Other Side
    my thoughts exactly. Historically I'm not a huge fan of a fine grind .
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    I agree. I found i prefered the beta coarse grinder plate as a medium grind. The medium really is fine
  • fatbiker
    @HerbRipper Any plans to make a plate with a grind consistency between the current medium and course plates?
  • HerbRipper
    If enough people tell me that they think the medium should be coarser, then yes I will make it coarser.

Funny as I’m running a batch this weekend. Now the fun begins about how much more coarse to make it.

I’ll take any input y’all have.
  • LabPong
    I also wish the medium plate of the HR was a bit more course.fatbiker

I feel the same thing with my BC grinder.....and wonder why I got a fine plate and not the coarse plate.... (insert homer remark here)
  • Illinois
    the new space case 3 piece grinder should be in the running.

Measure the size of the holes on the fine and on the coarse and try one right in between.
  • HerbRipper
    I think the fine should be the size in between the medium and the fine. Thoughts?

No, finer if anything. I like the grind size I get from the BCG, it’s just a little finer then yours but I’m splitting hairs, both work great in a Flowerpot or a conduction oven vape.
    Or call your current fine, extra fine and make another like you suggested.
  • HerbRipper
    thanks for the feedback!
  • HerbRipper
    @VapeCritic any input? Would love your input.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment