• ssaucyc515
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/2018/12/20/ilo-dabtab-ceramic-pellets/

Interesting concept. When I read a bit more it reminded me of the future where we didn't have to eat and everything was in pill form :lol:

Has any one tried? It says it can be stopped mid session without losing flavor or potency .
  • Dr green thumb

The article has multiple times where they refer to a dab rig as a vape. Plush how do they keep the concentrate from tasting burnt.
  • ssaucyc515
    I read articles about weed with an extremely open mind. I should expect the writer to know more about the industry and it's products but most pieces I've read were filled with misinformation. So.... Yeah I have my doubts. Hoping some one has tried em hehe

Yeah I call bs on that too Dr.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    but a dab rig can be a vape thats whatcha doing with your quartz banger. Not too far of a strecth on that note. Might not be credible but thats not why :joke:
  • LabPong
    So......All i need to survive then is:

Vape
    Water
    Spacefood sticks (if your old you'll know what these are)
    Dab Tabs
  • Azn2101
    Some dude posted on Reddit at 330am PST that he "Ate One" and wanted to share. I thought about asking him cause ever since the article I've been looking for them to try and being that I'm in Hollywood, if it's made. It can be bought in some form around here (under a different brand or whatever) and I can't find them but really didn't feel like having a full on discussion at 330am lol.

No more than 2 days ago
  • PuffItUp
    Got a chance to try one at champs. It was a great experience, exactly what they say - super convenient and easy to dose with. If they sold them near me I might grab some for hikes and whatnot! Hiking with wax is a pain in the ass.
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    Cool idea!

Terrible Idea!
  • Dr green thumb
    What side effects does inhaling ceramic have? I imagine it cannot be good.
  • wall
    Still need to try the ones I got from Champs, I'm way behind over here
  • Baron23
    From CHAMPS? CBD infused only?
  • PuffItUp
    One of the guys that runs Dab Tab was at the show with samples of 'CBD' dab tabs (hint they weren't CBD)
  • MothChewMoth
    how different is this from ceramic vape bowls or heaters? Ceramic is inert "glass" that is non-reactive up to insanely hot temperatures. Think about things like high performance brakes and heat insulators. Very frequently these are ceramic.

IMO this is a really great idea.

the Engadget folks are usually pretty knowledgeable. The author did talk about trying this in other vaporizers including the Evo, an it sounds to me like they were pretty experienced with dabbing.
  • Dr green thumb

Heating ceramic to dab temps is different. And when was the last time you went and inhaled off of ceramic brake pads. I just want more info on this. Rosin and other concentrates have no foreign materials.
  • ssaucyc515
    oh it wasn't specific to this article. I'm sure you've read vape reviews with misinformation before haha.

@PuffItUp do you think they are able to be stopped mid session and be used again with no I'll effect?
  • PuffItUp
    I tested this with the one I tried, there was a slight difference in taste. That's it though.
  • MothChewMoth
    all I mean is chemically it's silica, same as glass and quartz. I don't have references for you other than some basic Google searching, but I'd be willing to bet the testing you're looking for exists.
  • Baron23
    Thanks Zakk!!

How did you use it...just drop it in a banger or......?
  • PuffItUp
    Dropped it into the TI bucket of my carta :D
  • Dr green thumb
    I am currently reading about how it works for pots and pans. I remember someone saying something about grinders with the non stick coating as well.
  • MothChewMoth
    fo sho. Post up links if you find anything interesting!
  • Dr green thumb
    inhaling ceramic dust over time can cause a condition called silicosis. This is a fatal condition similar to inhaling asbestos.

The danger lies in inhaling something you cannot see.
  • MothChewMoth
    yep, so it will likely depend on how they harden and coat it. Agreed that more info on how all the parts work is important. What about the Peak, isn't that ceramic? I'm pretty sure there are ceramic vapes out there for dabs, so it would be good to have specific temp tolerances for what they're using.

I think if these were reusable, I'd be more concerned. Since it's a non-moving, single-use part, I'm not sure how it would be problematic if made properly. It would be interesting to see more about their process.
  • Dr green thumb
    I agree :100: and the part about keep it in your pocket should change. If the ceramic should somehow become damaged it is likely that someone would still use it due to human nature.
  • MothChewMoth
    yep if they want to promote portability, it would be interesting to see what protections are in place.

Conversely, I'm curious about the amount of ceramic dust it would take to be a health hazard. Sometimes it's a risk only with absurd amounts, like someone working in a ceramic factory with no airway protection or something. If it's from small amounts, then your concern is very valid.
  • Dr green thumb

How much silica dust is too much?
    It only takes a very small amount of the very fine respirable silica dust to create a health hazard. Recognizing that very small, respirable silica particles are hazardous, OSHA regulation 29 CFR 1926.55(a) requires construction employers to keep worker exposures at or below a Permissible Exposure Level (PEL) of 50 µg/m3. The American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists has a lower non-regulatory Threshold Limit Value of 25 µg/m3. More information about the hazard and links to examples of exposures with and without controls compared to the OSHA PEL, can be found at "Know the Hazard? Why is Silica Hazardous?".

Source: https://www.silica-safe.org/ask-a-question/faq
  • MothChewMoth
    great info, thanks for posting. It's then especially important to detail their protection plans or show what is safe about the product they are using.
  • wall
    Yep what Zakk said
  • wall
    I've also been reading that concentrates give off carcinogens at a fairly low temp so it sounds like in general dabbing isn't the healthiest way of doing things
  • samanthas
    Persoanlly I prefer vaping dabs. Smoking dabs gives me a little bit of a hangover the next day where as vaping does not.Just found an interesting article that compares all methods of using dabs. Quite informative..
  • EconMan

Interesting. I rarely "smoke" anything anymore.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment