• EconMan
    your the famous kid from the cereal commercial 30+ years agoLabPong

Life cereal baby! :cool:

• EconMan
    Does anyone have an authentic (natural not synthetic) brand of terpenes they recommend ?

As always, thank you.
  • EconMan
    18 grams of truly wonderful BHO supposedly of White Widow. This stuff is so thick it is like shatter in molds :cool: Just “cut” off a piece with a slightly warm dab tool and drop it in. I did a .5 yesterday and was high the entire day. Lol

Dabs perfectly. No residual plant matter. Learning.

v5jvbtmo4uwnnxwv.jpeg
    fgod365v79f33s13.jpeg
    ouwkvfiv09rz5fao.jpeg
  • okla68m
    DAMN......Do I need to send you my address, lol ? That's too much responsibility for one person to have alone, lol !
    Wouldn't want you to hurt yourself !
  • Gman
    Nice work! Just a dab'll do ya eh?
  • EconMan
    Now THIS is an extraction!!!! :nerd:

Never made my own projectiles but do make my own cartridges. Well use to and still can but don’t much anymore, especially not 9mm as I can buy it for a few penny’s per more.
  • Baron23
    Yeah, we do lead reclamation at skeet and trap clubs....and from the rifle/pistol ranges....and it all gets recycled. #9 lead shot, spread over a 40 acre skeet field, is a trick to reclaim but there are companies you can sign a deal with and they come in with the equipment and split the proceeds of selling the lead with the club.

There was even...and may be now....home shot makers that people used to make new shot from....well, shot shot! haha Was popular when lead shot zoomed from about $16/25 lbs to....well, I think its still around $0 a bag now.
  • EconMan
    Anyone ever do any Dry Sift?

• EconMan
    Wow, saw this and generally don't watch vids of that length, but I started on it and I do like it very, very much.Baron23

Yeah, I just watched it again and came upon this. On "pressing" and it is fascinating. A philosophical treatise almost. And the chemistry discussion was accessible yet rigorous. "Rosin protects itself".... Kept me for 40 minutes :)

He's like having a cool stoner grandpa who knows everything about weed. :love:

• Baron23
    So, I watched all four vids in the series from Frenchie published on YouTube by Extraction Magazine and love it.

But after seeing the final resulting Temple Ball, I now have to change my clothes from drooling all over myself.

His hashish is sold in CA...well, at least southern CA in Medmen stores. They get $60/g for it.

Back in the day...like 1970...we paid $10/g but you could get ounces for about $100. I believe inflation takes $10 in 1970 and makes that just a bit over $60 now.

But still, bit expensive but it is labor intensive and I frakin LOVE traditional hashish.
  • Ctipp22
    Baron you try Hash rosins? those are pretty epic too!
  • Baron23
    you mean raisin squished from kief?

Nope, have not.

Bet it’s good.
  • Ctipp22
    they take bubble hash and press that into rosin.
  • Ctipp22
    I have a R2D2 mini fridge with 7-8 of them. Check out my Instagram _joonyer_

I like that appearance
  • Baron23
    nah, ain’t seen that here.

Sorry for brevity, on phone.

I think I would just rather smoke very good bubble just as it is.
  • Ctipp22
    yeah it’s just different cause one is better for smoking and dry herb vaping but I think for dabs the hash rosin is king.
  • Dankpup

Dam that’s a lot of work, sorry if this is a repeat post.
  • Baron23
    Thanks for posting. I like Pete a lot, like his vids and his store, but the Frenchy Cannoli vid that @econman posted seems to be the definitive take on high end bubble hash.

I watched all four vids in the Frenchy series and I usually will never spend that much time watching vids online.

I believe, if I understood correctly, that Frenchy does NOT use a bag in the washing machine and tries to keep his ice level to the minimum required to keep the water as cold as its needs to be as it does not appear that we really want a lot of direct mechanical agitation but rather get it very cold so trichs fall off easily with the water movement.

But I have never done this, probably will never have a big enough source of affordable plant material, but I do dearly love traditional middle and far east hashish. Cut my teeth on it on the late 60's/early 70's.

Cheers
  • Dankpup
    yeah I really enjoy Pete’s videos.
    I didn’t experience hash til I think 1997, went to Denmark with our danish friend, in Copenhagen there was a hippie area Christania that had an open air pot market, vendors would take the hash and light it under you nose to let you sample( not that I could tell if it was good or not). I remember lot of different hues of it. Went to a festival and I was shocked people would go around selling prerolled joints filled with tobacco and hash chunks and people would just trust them lol. I’m from new jersey we are distrusting people. But I remember all the people we hung with were far more into hash then bud.
  • EconMan
    but the Frenchy Cannoli vid that econman posted seems to be the definitive take on high end bubble hash.

I watched all four vids in the Frenchy series and I usually will never spend that much time watching vids online.
    Baron23

Yeah, I did too. He is the real deal. Frenchy really impressed me. Old School Thoughtful. Intelligent. :starstruck: :cool:
    bjlohyfihv2d9i67.jpeg
    Double posted on FC also. I’m using regular Reynolds, normal? This is after 7-8 presses from new.
  • EconMan
    I’m using regular Reynolds, normal?52

Not normal.
    I'm a big fan of Cosco parchment :love:
    Else, double line it until you get something more robust.

Oh, what temp?
    170-200 mostly 170-180
  • Pud
    i double Reynolds also
  • Baron23
    As others have said, yeah...that's a lot of leakage.

I use Reynolds...well, its easy to find is why, I guess.

But I do double it but latelly I have also put the parchment in an outer envelope of Slick Paper.

As @gman correctly has stated a number of times, the Slick Paper is good when using filter bags but is too slick for bare nug presses and your flower just oozes everywhere. But its great

PTFE Slick Sheet is not for pressing. Per manf, ok for extraction collection (i.e. BHO and the like) but not for hot squishing. I have used it to package up rosin and its ok at that but I still far prefer Slick Paper.

Also, look to your pressure.....when I get a lot of bleed through, its usually the result of too much pressure.

Also, consider cleaning your plates after every squish. I just use paper towel and ISO. I have lots of ISO but bought a can of spray ISO that @econman suggested and it works fine for this.

Cheers
  • Gman
    Yes I clean my plates often but I use oil slick parchment sheets to prevent bleeding. All regular parchment bleeds I find.

Thanks guys and anyone I may have missed.
  • okla68m
    I figure Ethanol Extraction fits in with Extraction Science, right ?
    Making Concentrate using Ethanol Wash, I've Never(once) Purged...just evap in a cake pan over a slow cooker base, then collect the results....while researching "decarboxilation" of concentrates, people putting it in an Oven for an hour at 250F....actually, until it quits Bubbling....my question is...
    Should I do this
    Will it effect potency
    This Does make it Edible, Correct ? And Dabable(lol) also ??
    I'm using a friend's material for a split(we Both grow and harvested More Flower than is permissible by OMMA, as if they are gonna come to my house), as patients we can have 1 oz of Concentrate also.
    Made Several batches of Shatter/Wax without any purging....Am I Way Off base Without a stint in the oven ???
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment