• Brian420PM
    During a recent smoke-cation to Colorado I compiled this shopping list. I hear Oregon is even cheaper this year.
    bcf8pjgkzz9lfmiz.jpg
  • acstorfer
    Our prices in Florida are criminal.
  • Startedat52
    Yea, every month it gets cheaper in Colorado. 8 grams of wax, mix match $88 at a few places now.
  • iamdiosa
    WOW!! Those prices are amazing! Here in MA it's easily $300+ an oz.
  • okla68m
    We still have $10@gm SPECIALS, LOL !
    Glad I didn't drop $2,500 for a Commercial Grow license !
  • charismaddict
    That seems almost unbelievably low.. i'm stunned. I thought I had a great deal at $175/oz.

So is this all basically top shelf quality bud or it varies? I would be hesitant to buy anything under $100/oz.
  • AnVom
    someday. Is that out the door or before outrageous taxes? Either still sounds cool
  • Brian420PM
    So is this all basically top shelf quality bud or it varies?charismaddict

Yah my list was all bud prices, not trim or shake. The most surprising thing is how fast the recreational stock and prices change. Most dispensaries do really well updating their leafly page throughout the day, but all the popular strains I wanted were NEVER there more than 1 day in a row!

One place I waited in the lot 10 minutes to open, another buyer came in as the owner opened up and I went in a couple minutes after, I didn't think it was a big deal. At the counter I asked for 1/2oz of GG4, and was told, "The guy that just left bought the last oz". DOH! lol Three other places sold out of GG4 that day, so the next morning I finally got some at $70 for 1/2 oz. :)
  • Brian420PM
    Is that out the door or before outrageous taxes?AnVom

B4 20% tax
  • Brian420PM
    Glad I didn't drop $2,500 for a Commercial Grow license !okla68m

I just looked up the fees for CO... at least $5,500 and they have such a backlog it's now lottery selection. I would love to open an extraction business... buy bud from growers, use all the solventless methods (ice hash, rosin, dry sift) and do everything in house like distill out natural terps and oils, etc. then deliver to retail places to sell as their brand or my own, but that's another thread lol
  • SirSixPence
    Cant touch that in Illinois. Fer example Durban Kush is $133 1/2 oz. Thats on sale and a bulk price.
  • Paul247to
    I just had a oz of Hindu Kush dropped of at my door for $100. cad($75 USD) taxes and delivery charge included :razz:
  • EconMan

I need to move back to Colorado :nerd:
  • okla68m
    IMO, It's gonna drift towards the Conniseur market....Since medical in June, I've sampled a dozen Different Strains? of Cannabis...IMO....NOT A DIMES BIT OF DIFFERENCE ! I'm sure it has something to do with my tolerance tho. After a Countless # of hits of Concentrate, using Pens(coil, dish), Bangers and getting Definitely Medicated, I Finally got a OH MY GOD HIT of the concentrate I made from Homegrown White Widow.........heated the banger until Red, waited 30 seconds, Dabbed.....OMG.....BACK TO 1970 INSTANTLY !
    Unfortunately, using a Torch is, well, Kinda Neanderthalic to me...besides, everytime I pull that trigger, my dog comes and sits beside me because she Knows the Coughing is about to begin...she's concerned !
  • okla68m
    $150@Oz is too cheap to mess with growing, IMO.
    In my case, that would be $600-750 every 120 days.....TOO MUCH WORK (even tho I Love it) to do for that amount of money and time.....and that's with only a 2x4 tent....the Bigger you go, the Price of Everything goes UP ALSO !
    Lots of Advantages, tho.....FOR PERSONAL! And if ya have Money..you can pay $150 for GOVT CONSPIRACY WEED, LOL !
  • EconMan
    I Finally got a OH MY GOD HIT of the concentrate I made from Homegrown White Widow.........heated the banger until Red, waited 30 seconds, Dabbed.....OMG.....BACK TO 1970 INSTANTLY !okla68m

:party: :100: :party:
    Awesome! It is so fulfilling :)
    And I love the torch. e-nails are not my thing.

Re prices, don't forget those are retail. The grower would receive considerably less.
  • okla68m
    You got $150@Oz Colorado weed...bring that Same to Oklahoma, it's $250 MINIMUM....WHERE IS THE MONEY GOING. .....NOT that many Miles Different!
    So, seeing that prices Are going to Drop, Not go Up....Why would you want to do it for Money ? That doesn't Add to me. Again....GENUINE OLD SCHOOL CANNABIS, IMO, is where the $ is !
    Just Look at the List......I only see ONE "OLD SCHOOL"(why do I doubt it) strain...the Rest....a Mix Master Smear of what Used To Be.....now Fiddled with and Given a NEW NAME....GOTTA HAVE A "NEW NAME" !
    Sorry. !
  • EconMan
    Well, it is just economics. lol

It is the exact same phenomena government tries to fight with agricultural subsidies (got a very rich relative in Tulsa who gets paid quite a bit to NOT plant). The more points of supply the government permits, the greater is aggregate supply. The greater the aggregate supply, the lower the market price. The lower the market price, the probability of a farm failing increases. Of course, in a free-market, as farms fail aggregate supply decreases and the market price rises....

It is the big growers and wholesalers who lobby to make home-grown planting illegal or hard. Remember, Amazon once was THE champion of a tax-free internet, but now wants every transaction taxed. Likewise, successful large growers and other conglomerates will practice "rent-seeking" and seek to have government keep prices high by keeping competitors out. It is the same argument made by electric companies -- granted monopolies by government -- for why individuals should not be allowed to produce their own electricity. Also, the same worn argument made by the AMA with respect to the legal supply of physicians.

The farms of the future will be owned by corporations seeking quarterly profits, not passionate individuals who love to grow. The former however, will employ the latter assuming the can pass the corporate background and drug abuse tests.

EDIT:
    Fascinating! The weed farms of the future will be staffed by a "couple of guys" and run by a computer.

• Brian420PM
    The farms of the future will be owned by corporations seeking quarterly profitsEconMan

Yup, prices will drop so low that you'll hear someone say they want to grow their own as often as you currently hear someone say they want to grow their own tobacco. But in the meantime, say 15 years, there's opportunity!
  • ssaucyc515
    What needs to be shoved into my body for these prices in NY?
  • LabPong
    What needs to be shoved into my body for these prices in NY?ssaucyc515

Bars of gold......so you can just buy any $500 oz you want! :ok:
  • EconMan

Gold or BTC? :rofl:

Oh yeah. Lots of opportunity. I think the key is to plan rigorously and execute flexibly. In chaos, like a big pot of soup, all the ingredients get shifted and stirred into new positions. i.e., we planned hard and entered the cannabis payments space. Quickly figured out all our assumptions were wrong and there was no money to be made after all, and now we stopped doing them (except for current clients).

The market in such times is a perilous roller coaster. One day the Puffco Peak is on top, and suddenly something will knock it off its pedestal. It either innovates and evolves, or it is "creatively destroyed" by another that does (unless they can successfully petition the government to bail them out and punish their competition).
  • Microvaper
    These kinds of posts are so annoying for geographically unfortunate people like me. I probably pay 3 or more times the amount for absolute crap! I mean ABSOLUTE crap. Just can't seem to come across anything worth more than a 3 out of 10 lately. It honestly makes me want to sell all my vapes and just quit altogether. I'm convinced that people are spraying herb lately to make it smell too. It's probably really not good for health to be vaping some of this shit. Sorry for the rant but had a shit day which included buying shitty bud which is going straight in the bin :meh:
  • EconMan

It sucks. And explains the rapid rise of concentrates in the "illegal" states. I can get any legit brand of cart, but regular flower is something one has to buy in bulk when it comes alone. The rest is adequate, but when you've been doing primo trates, adequate flower is so disappointing.
  • Baron23
    Move maybe? Sorry, just jk but WTF do you live?
  • Microvaper
    LoL honestly I have thought about moving to Holland! I am in the UK. The quality fluctuates massively and I hate not knowing wether pesticides (or worse) have been used. It's a genuine health concern really. :sad:
  • Razshiro
    These kinds of posts are so annoying for geographically unfortunate people like me. I probably pay 3 or more times the amount for absolute crap! I mean ABSOLUTE crap. Just can't seem to come across anything worth more than a 3 out of 10 lately. It honestly makes me want to sell all my vapes and just quit altogether. I'm convinced that people are spraying herb lately to make it smell too. It's probably really not good for health to be vaping some of this shit. Sorry for the rant but had a shit day which included buying shitty bud which is going straight in the binMicrovaper

Grow your own herb :wink: ....
  • Baron23
    Wow, yeah.....last company I worked for before retiring was a UK firm (well, we were spread all over the world but HQ and most folks were in Enfield).

Love the company, loved the UK (on the occasions that it wasn't raining! haha) and for the life of me I cannot understand why the UK is so resistant to any progress on MJ legalization.

Holland sounds good. Washington state even better...the rain will make you feel at home. :joke: :rofl:
  • Microvaper
    Haha yeah the rain is something we have to embrace here. It's been snowing today and I got caught in the most brutal hail storm earlier! It was like getting rained on with snooker balls!! LoL. Well as long as the conservatives are running the show, there is zero chance of legalization or even decriminalisation! So frustrating! But if it's liquid poison or cancer sticks you're into, you're in luck. That shit is available on every street corner and in every restaurant and cinema and grocery store! Hypocrisy at its finest!! :down:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment