• VapeCritic
    I've mentioned this a few times over the years but it's starting to become a reality...

Yesterday I went to the dentist, the same one I've been seeing for years, and she said my mouth is in rougher shape than last time, even though I brush and floss every day like a good boy. The gums around the inside of my top molars, pretty much right where the vapor hits, have been slowly receding and she said it's happening faster than it should be for someone my age.

She knows all about VC and what I do, and after explaining to her how vapes work and how often I vape she said it's highly likely that it's affecting my gum problem, which is made worse by persistent dry mouth. Vaping the way most of us do, taking long big hits, is rougher on your mouth and gums than smoking because of the extended exposure to the heat and hot air.

This was the first time I got a cleaning and it actually hurt when they went over that spot, so now I'm a little concerned. She also said it looked like the roof of my mouth was a little raw and burned, and asked if I recently ate hot pizza or something, I was like uhhh no :brow:

So take care of your mouths doods!

This might actually make me start using water again in my glass rigs :sweat:

If you have dry mouth often the two best mouthwashes to use are Biotene and Oasis.

That is your health lesson for today.

:100: :100:
  • Cl4ud3
    Time to become The Edible Critic :lol:
  • Ctipp22
    Bud I never really used water but on certain types of vapes it is just way easier for your throat and lungs. I am a very sensitive person to hot shitty vapor, or just really drying types of vapes. I honestly had an issue with the Enano being like that as well as vapcaps cause im a bitch like that but at least now my shit doesn't hurt and feel bad. My suggestion would be use only one smooth ass vape for a week instead of jumping around a lot and see how you feel.
  • Law7764
    I noticed it when I’m doing Dabs through my sequoia sometimes. With certain strands
  • BobCat
    Your mouth is your money maker. Well, and @Hazel- she's a good sugar momma. Treat that mandible like gold.

Actually, I had a similar concern with my dentist 6 months ago. I actually rescheduled my next appointment which was next week. My gum issue is probably more attributable to ejuice because I don't vape the amounts you do (who does?) but hot air is hot air. :rofl: Be well.
  • BestBuds
    I have been contemplating switching my methods. Right now I vape 80% of the time, I take edibles the other 20%. I might be switching to 80% edibles and I'll only vape the really good stuff. I have receding gums already so I don't think this bodes well for my vape life.
  • Hazel
    I wonder if the air is hotter from dabs... from things like the Elevator and the Dick Pump one I can't remember the name of. You are after all using temps of 650+ degrees F to do dabs and decks etc. Would make sense right?

But is the vapor actually "hot" and affecting your mouth during a dab when it's just being heated and inhaled quickly at that temp? You're not taking long slow draws with dabs like you are with some other vapes, so would the temp being so high have no increased negative impact on your gums because of the quick draw, or equal or more negative impact because temp is so high and temp is temp?
  • Ctipp22
    9p3cjgg22nikb4qe.jpg

The Vacuum Critic. If bud Quits vaping
  • John Cocktostone
    Well dip me in molasses and roll me down a hill made of oats....

I was just told the same thing by my ENT.
    I've been combusting all week because of it.
  • Gman
    Time to switch to rosin 100% :)

And also, water.... I'm sure this is most of your issue right there. You NEVER cool your vapor.
  • McNuggetsTrip
    4L a day is good for me
  • MothChewMoth
    I wonder if it's actually the vaping or if it's your paper vapes...?

Maybe time to start using water?
  • EconMan

Yeah, if you think it out, a vape is just like a food dehydrator. I like to get a little "steam" in my water even for hydration. I even use water when I use carts most the time now.
  • TheZman
    Stop taking huge long bong rips. Lol. Seriously though. I bet if you stop that and start vaping on low temperature you would be fine. I was vaping at 385 to 400 degrees and it was messing with my throat. I lowered my temps to 370 degrees and all is fine so far. Probably would be better to go even lower like 355. It definitely makes a difference.
  • ssaucyc515
    Great great info bud thanks dude. Start putting better things in your mouth :smirk: I heard @Dr green thumb has the nicest mouth on the forum
  • OhHello
    I had to start using biotene this past winter, increased vape usage and the dry air, I was waking up feeling like my tongue was gonna snap off
  • EconMan

Yeah, I agree. But I'm more of a taste chaser who wants to get high. There are cloud chasers who by definition have to live on the edge of combustion; or add a few drops of vegetable-glycerine to the load - lol.
  • nowayout
    Geez, something I didn't want to hear...might have to invest in that MV1 bubbler then.
    Or invest in a new vape that I can use water pieces with....hmm....
  • TheZman
    Haha. I am as well. I love the taste and the effects more then a huge cloud. It's much healthier too.
  • zancru

Is Buds scrotum, pull and yank on/off vacuum switch??
    By the looks of his face, seems like Hazel, got a good grip!!! Jajajajajaja jajajajajaja
  • zancru

Best thread answer ;) jajajajajaja triple jajajajajaja
  • Dr green thumb
    Buds gums could be receding due to gingivitis, alcohol use, poor oral hygiene, eating sugary snacks at strange hours of the day. Genetics etc
  • Baron23
    Do you think it might have to do with the very large qty of MJ you vape/smoke?

And what DGT said above.
  • Zenjamin
    Try a ice cube in the air path and start oil "pulling" hold coconut oil in your mouth for 10-15 minutes it will restore gums remove toxins and clean teeth... I GAROOONTEEE YOU WONT BE SORRY AFTER TRYING IT.
  • bum karacho

try ice rigs or bongs...my throoat loves it
    ix646krf5d581lzd.jpg
  • To the Cloud
    Time to become The Edible CriticCl4ud3

The live streams would be us watching how long it takes for the edible to hit.
  • Paxhead
    ZenjaminZenjamin

Yes oil pulling is very good! You don't have to use coconut oil but it is the best as it's antibacterial. A good book to check is called Oil Pulling Therapy, Dr. Bruce Fife. I had serious periodontal problems a few years ago, mainly from my abuse of sugar for 50 years. I did manage to stop the carnage with the help of oil pulling, and doing my best to kick the addiction to sugar and that is so hard for me with my sweet tooth. Brushing the gums and teeth with magnesium oil is also very good, but takes some getting used to the taste. The best thing you can do for yourself is being obsessive about looking after your own teeth because nothing is as efficient as your own. My biggest regret in life is ending up loosing two thirds of my teeth. Not a day goes by that I find dentures to be an absolute nuisance and eating is not so pleasurable any more.
  • Ram1
    I also definitely recommend oil pulling with sesame seed oil for gum health.. My moms dentist has started recommending to other patients after noticing significant improvements in gum health.. if you can spare the time and extra brushing definitely go for it ..
  • evolve
    I noticed you stopped using water in your bong type vapes, maybe its time to have a rethink and embrace water again? Ice maybe a good idea too.
  • Dr green thumb
    Gingivitis

Risk factors
    Gingivitis is common, and anyone can develop it. Factors that can increase your risk of gingivitis include:

Poor oral care habits
    Smoking or chewing tobacco
    Older age
    Dry mouth
    Poor nutrition, including vitamin C deficiency
    Dental restorations that don't fit properly or crooked teeth that are difficult to clean
    Conditions that decrease immunity such as leukemia, HIV/AIDS or cancer treatment
    Certain drugs, such as phenytoin (Dilantin, Phenytek) for epileptic seizures, and some calcium channel blockers, used for angina, high blood pressure and other conditions
    Hormonal changes, such as those related to pregnancy, menstrual cycle or use of birth control pills
    Genetics
    Medical conditions such as certain viral and fungal infections

Source: mayo clinic
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal