• Rudis21
    I am looking for a good vape for when I am golfing. I own a MV1 and love it. I like the on demand aspect of it, but it is not a reasonable option for while I am golfing. I know that the overwhelming pick for this is going to be a Dynavap, but I really don’t want a butane vape. Any session vape is also not an option here, looking for something that I can hit quickly and be done. I know my best option is probably a Dynavap or just sticking with carts and my palm battery. Only problem with that is a lot of carts are way to potent for the golf course lol. My tolerance is low and most carts kick my ass, except when I am able to get 1:1 carts or heavy CBD carts, but my dispensary doesn’t stock those often. So are there any other good on demand options other than a Dynavap? Or should I just get over the butane aspect of it?
  • Baron23
    Well, I view the Fury 2 as full convection and therefore sort of on-demand.....that is, it shouldn't cook you herb if not drawing on it.

I have one and for me its a fishing, field party, backyard BBQ type vape. Works well enough (no, not a top tier vape...second tier in my judgement) and I don't worry about it.

I would think this would be a good golf vape....but I don't golf. :-)
  • VapeCritic
    believe it or not, the MV1 is still my first choice for golfing, it's the only battery travel-friendly portable that can give me the strong hits i need, i used to bring the Crafty every time but now i rotate, or bring both :sweat: but yea, MV1 or Crafty first choices, then Dynavap. And also, blunts :cool:

Edit: i re-read what you said and you're not like me lol, if you're a lightweight and want on-demand then Dynavap is probly your best bet.
  • Microvaper
    LoL this is so funny to me. Haha if I was to break out a blunt on the golf course over here I can just imagine the reaction i would get. I would imagine it would be severely frowned upon! Stoned golf though does sound awesome! :chin:
  • welshman
    I would say a butane vape would be the last vape I’d want with me playing golf. It’s often windy which is terrible for torch’s or sometimes it’s sunny so you can’t see the torch. I guess an induction heater would somewhat solve this.

I actually use my mv1 too, on demand occasional hits is where I’m at when golfing
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    look into a nice Induction heater you can stash in your golf bag then you dont need a torch for the dyna... The splinter v1 with a mod box would treat you very well too.
  • Startedat52
    I would think a no button, on demand by draw pen would be perfectly accepted on a golf course. Pax era maybe.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    OP stated carts kick his ass to much on the course
  • fatbiker
    HVT Sai or Sequoia would be perfect
  • Startedat52

Guess I would be of more help if I read more then just the title, lol.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    :rofl: its the thought that counts
  • Ctipp22
    Mighty or Ghost for the coarse IMO
  • Nwhite2443
    check out the firewood 5. Easily pocketable, 5 pre-loadable bowls built in, full convection, and on demand. One bowl is a perfect micro dose for me and having 5 on hand is nice for when you need it.
  • Rudis21
    Ya carts seem like overkill for the golf course. There ease of use makes them the best choice, but only if I have a 1:1 cart. I'm mainly looking for something quick and easy for a few hits here and there. Ghost is too expensive of a device for me to bring out there, although I do love mine. I figured dynavap would be an overwhelming choice with its size and I assume its quick to load up? I will look more into the Fury 2 and Firewood 5 though for sure! I'd also like to stay under $200 if possible.
  • Startedat52

Take the mv1! I bet the ghost cost less then the putter you will throw into the water at least once this year :lol:
  • SourMalk
    I would try just lowering the heat setting on your MV1 and maybe only draw for 8-10seconds instead of the full 15. This will give you a much more tame hit and a much more tame high.

Take one hit, put it away and come back later. It's exactly what the MV1 is for.

You already have a great device for the job so why not just make it work?

Then when you get home later you can finish off those bowls at a higher temp for a more intense effect.

**Edit: if the effects are still too intense from this then I would say a dynavap is probably your best bet and you'll have to deal with the torch or get an induction heater.**
  • VapeCritic
    damn i really wanna go golfing, but not warm enough here yet...

we should do a Vapelife golf outing!!!!
  • VapeCritic
    but where :chin: lol
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    at a frisbee golf course. Lol, any real course would throw all of us and the giant cloud that seemed to follow our group right the F out. :rofl:
  • EasyToSlip
    I would join in on a VapeLife golf outing... Vaping required. I have had no issue vaping on the golf course.
  • Gonzo
    @VapeCriticWeather is great here in Florida....just saying!! :cool:
  • Rudis21
    @SourMalk My main issue with using my MV1 is possible damage, not the intensity of hits or the high. I can handle a couple of crucibles no problem. That's mainly why I was looking for a cheaper option just in case my dumb ass drops it lol.

@VapeCritic My course is opening this weekend, so hopefully I'll get a chance soon to get out there.

I'm leaning towards a dynavap, it seems like the smallest most durable option. Plus the price is hard to top, the starter kit looks like it has a nice case and everything.
  • SourMalk

My mistake, I must have misinterpreted the original post. Totally understand not wanting to take such an expensive device out into the wild.

In that case definitely the Dynavap M, it's damn near indestructible and not very expensive to replace if lost.

Unless you plan on getting an induction heater right away, the torch lighter you select will be very important. A single flame torch will most likely heat up too slow and be affected by the wind too much. I would probably recommend a triple flame torch (my favourite for out and about) for a quicker heat up time and a little more discretion.
  • Rudis21
    I believe the lighter in the starter pack is a triple flame. I'll double check though.
  • Other Side
    they actually vary a bit... We have some starter packs and some are two, others are three. I spoke to Dynavap at Champs and some of this stems from them looking for the perfect torch.
  • Other Side
    go visit mom and we'll hook up down here. Nice courses everywhere and golf season is already upon us!
  • Other Side
    Whatever you do I'd recommend something on demand for sure.
  • Rudis21
    So I am looking into this starter pack....

https://www.dynavap.com/dynashop/kits/the-quotmquot-starter-pack-2019

I wish they had a pack for the omni though, just looks so much nicer. I do have a question, can I build up from this starter pack? Meaning, I can exchange in a new body, mouthpiece, etc? I am wondering if I should just build one and add a cleaning pack and case to that instead?
  • SourMalk

That looks like a great kit for your needs. The pipe cleaners and stuff are a little unnecessary but the extra O-Rings will be nice.

If you want you can just get an omni and add the torch lighter?
  • Rudis21
    I actually ordered the omnivap and added the deluxe accessory kit and one of the wooden dynastash cases that comes with the special wooden tool. I'm excited for a new toy, now I play the waiting game!

I ordered a Airis Tick today too.
  • SourMalk

Awesome man!! Actually pretty excited for you too!

Don't forget to come back and post a picture of the whole setup when you get it :D
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment