• Azn2101
    Are the quartz going to be coming with new units or is it an upgrade similar to what EQ is doing?

By the way does anyone know what are the holes right above the threaded part but not the larger oval ones for the airpath for? If I had to guessing something to do with repairing/replacing the heating plate?
  • Gman
    It was probably meant to allow oil to escape that inside area if it gets in there. However it's main use is to allow oil to get stuck in there...
  • OhHello
    all optional upgrades at this point, I’ve only seen them show it one time so far
  • Azn2101
    That makes sense. I was bummed to see the news that the Mr. Bonsai quartz inserts didnt work out cause they looked sturdy as hell.

Thanks man.
  • Zep4
    Senior Stoner bought a KandyPens Oura!!!
  • LabPong
    Senior Stoner bought a KandyPens Oura!!!Zep4

I was waiting for his video to emerge....lol

......i must resist....i must resist......i luv my crystal and ff2+......i luv my crystal and ff2+ :pray:
  • EconMan
    Senior Stoner bought a KandyPens Oura!!!Zep4

Of course he did! :lol:

And he buys his stuff....
  • EconMan
    It was probably meant to allow oil to escape that inside area if it gets in there. However it's main use is to allow oil to get stuck in there...Gman

LMAO :rofl:
  • EconMan

I've grown to love and admire your "passive sarcasm" :100:
  • Gman
    I'm just happy someone catches them as I thrown them down, subtlety suffers the fate of ignorance often. :)
  • EconMan
    Something odd I've come to note about the Carta. The glassworks possess considerable variance in shape. My business partner also has one. Mine works fine but his lets oil flow UNDER the bottom of the glass between the silicone and the glass. Mine doesn't do it but his does. We switched globes for a couple days, and confirmed. His glass is defective!!

Upon examination, the placement of the "hole" in my globe is VERY different than the globe on his. This tells me there may be considerable variance in actual unit performance (are they hand blown?). Hence, probabilistically, person can buy a carta that works great or a person can get one that happens to have a defective globe. Of course, the problem is it is unknown what the specific statistical variance of the globes are.

Are one in a hundred "bad" or one in ten? :scream:
  • Rich
    Funny mine also has some oil under the glass and I clean with Iso .I thought it just needed cleaning like the airway build up...I have a 2nd stock glass because they replaced unit for me and let me keep all the extras..Will try for a few days and report back..

Update..Just looked at my other glass and the hole in it that meets up to the base is much bigger.Almost twice as big.It may improve performance some..So maybe hand blown..Interesting for sure..

Update #2..The bigger hole had no effect on the draw or function..Time will tell about mess under glass..
  • Rich
    After only using my Carta a few times since yesterday I have some reclaim under my glass that touches the base..Ow well just more cleaning of this unit to do..
  • EconMan

Damn weird. Got one that dose it, and one that doesn't. The variance on the glass is just too great.
  • Azn2101
    So I went against all my morals and basic commonsense...skills (or lack thereof) after trying the FadeSpace Insert and bought one from DabNationLA and I figured at least there I could check them out before dropping the money to avoid the horror stories of having to deal with returns to these advanced vaporization companies, and I got to choose my engraved numbers but since insert 2101 hadnt been released i had to settle for 101.

20190816-220121.jpg

Anyways to the preformance: Spot on. Worth the money? Not unless it's worth it to you or else any other sane person would tell you to go buy anything from that new...whatever that's been needing to be replaced forever to a 25mm or 30mm SiC dishes for about same price or cheaper. But something smaller than a thimble weighing in at a whopping 1.562 grams is absolutely batshit(if I'm counting the gas to go out of the way and wear & tear to my vehicle) for $150

On FadeSpaces end everything looks good, the Biggest problem I see will come from the atomizer getting too hot from housing the thick walled insert that leads to a very hot piece of ceramic resting inside the atomizer and on the heating pad and it can get to the point where it'll leave a burn marks by touching the outside of the atomizer if using over 554 but the huge thing is it knocks out atomizers in two different ways.

1) it retains heat so well that the plastic cap for the atomizer that has The threading for the atomizer and the carb cap can't take the heat and crack.

20190816-214636.jpgtd bank near by

2) The insert stays so hot it burns out the ceramic heating element and has powered down an atomizer to the point that at level 4 it barely melts shatter.

The insert is really nice, but if they intend to make anything that's going to retain more heat than the Titanium/Quartz inserts they need to make the caps threading steel lined too or something to remedy the issue.
  • John Cocktostone
    v8x4wkajklpmvejy.jpg

Just bought this and an email todayeda3hheax8l0kq5f.jpg
  • EconMan

Welcome to the club!

The insert is really nice, but if they intend to make anything that's going to retain more heat than the Titanium/Quartz inserts they need to make the caps threading steel lined too or something to remedy the issue.Azn2101

I love your adventurousness! :cool:
  • John Cocktostone
    settting rosin in bucket is hardest part so far. Vapor is like full cotton candy. Very smooth
  • EconMan

The negative of the Carta... tiny bowl.... but you get used to it. Try running a heat cycle just for a few second to heat up the bowl, and then add your rosin/wax/butter/oil/etc just melts off the dabber. :nerd:
  • LabPong
    Just bought this and an email todayJohn Cocktostone

yea haaaa......fasten your seat-belts and stow all luggage....
  • John Cocktostone
    this pic sums up your thoughts
    3tgniz0o3tl25htt.jpg
  • Azn2101
    Thanks man. I really wanted to wait for FocusV but they're just so busy (adding a new project every other week [i.e. Crimson Carta / Full Quartz build Atomizers] doesn't help inspire faith) that I took the dive.

It sucked losing those atty's but I looked at it like they were free to begin with cause 2 extra were kept in the process of getting a functioning base.

I see the Everlasts helping the ceramic pad burning out but actually making the Atomizer Cap issue worse cause that extra heat is still going to either loosen (more people seem to be having this issue) or crack the cap since the threading is still planned to be made from ceramic like the v2's.

The cool thing is that the overflow seems to be much less common since the walls get hot enough to vaporize material and again it is super efficient and flavor is great.
1678910Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet