Mine arrived early today. Unboxed it, cleaned it and put pre charged batteries in it. Dropped the carb cap 3 times in the process so I had to improvise a tether :chin:

Did three small sessions with about .025 shatter in each.
    First one on level one in quartz did not produce much vapor at all. Second on level two in quartz not much better but better. Third was on level one in the Ti cup and it was better then both quartz but not crazy good. Level two might rock, I’ll let ya know. I’m still learning it and will try some wax crumble or budda before bed.
    p5c3zcjruqx09il6.jpeg
    h41fvv75eentv2gz.jpeg
  • okla68m
    Seriously, is something like this WORTH THE COST ?
    I know I have a Cheap Banger setup, have difficulty repeating torch temps, too hot, not hot enough, seems my Pens just don't do it right either. Sometimes I feel I'm Wasting the product I made. Been thinking of a Mod and Atomizer, but, know Nothing about which atomizer or mod is the best for the expense, yet NOT $200....for someone on SS, that's kinda Childish (like $225-MV1, $245 E-Nano, $180 for Airvape XS ISN'T !!!!!! Hopefully this comment VANISHES, as if my wife saw just How Much I spent on those 3 pieces, I'd be sleeping in the Backyard of the house I OWN with those pieces !)
    Albeit a Better price than the Peak, but, STILL !
  • EconMan
    Dropped the carb cap 3 times in the process so I had to improvise a tether :chin:Startedat52

Damit! Puffco did that too. I bought a travel kit just to have a damned tether and splash guard.

Look forward to your experiences. In all fairness, the Peak does not always give a good vapor, and its "cold start" instructions might be good for ease of use, but you are ONLY going to get a KILLER hit if you do a dry cycle first, and then drop your load onto a hot bucket, draw and go into sesh mode to keep it going.

Seriously, is something like this WORTH THE COSTokla68m

Okla, it depends. I can identify three places where it may be.
    First, $400 can not be a lot of money to a person. A retired person living on SS is doubtfully in this market. They should pay their mortgage before buying a vape.
    Second, those who love dabbing, but are frightened of the torch and/or electric wires, (or their partner is) and want a dabbing appliance that is easy to use.
    Third, people obsessed with efficiency. If your goal is to get the most high with the least material, the Peak does quite well, and I would expect the carta would too.

I bought the Peak because of number 2. As the song says, "and so it waaaaaaas a lady, as the mirror told its tale" :joke:
    But I will say this. If it was a choice between my Peak with ALL of my accessories for it, and a $50 water rig with an appropriate drop-down and quartz banger.... it will take me one second to choose -- cheap dab rig wins.

Obviously, I don't actually know you (only like and admire you) but I doubt this would be "worth it" to you if you were a billionaire. You seem truly "old school" to me.

I'm always envious of folks who can grow their own. Talk about knowing what is in your flower :100:
  • LabPong
    Seriously, is something like this WORTH THE COST ?
    I know I have a Cheap Banger setup, have difficulty repeating torch temps, too hot, not hot enough, seems my Pens just don't do it right either. Sometimes I feel I'm Wasting the product I made
    okla68m

Get a enail setup for your banger......then you will have perfect dabs at what ever temp works best for you. I do the same thing with my Elev8r.....

I do not feel these devices like Peak or Carta are worth it ......yet. When the hardware gets better and the price is sub $200....then it will be more worth it.
  • Law7764
    I’ve got to say I am not completely blown away by the Carta. I think they need to improve on their atomizer’s and their insert cups. The cups allow concentrates to get to the atomizer too easily. They sound like a decent company and they seem interested about resolving some of their issues. I’ve used it numerous times and it gives me inconsistent results and wax inside atomizer. I’ll either put it away until they fix the issues or sell it.
    I have to admit I’m second guessing the purchase as I believe my SAI with a water piece would be better. I’m going to get a bubbler for the sai as the hot hit is the only thing that I don’t like about it. If I figure the Carta out over time and it doesn’t break I’ll be happy with a stand alone portable desktop in addition to my SAI for pocket portability.
    Question, how much water? I think I have too much in mine compared to others I see. I put in as much as I could without any getting into my mouth while drawing.
  • Law7764
    I just had the best session on my carta since I purchased it. The session came right after I fully charge my batteries. I loaded some up in the titanium cup. Put it on level two and got some super strong flavorful hits. I ran the cycle twice on number two and when I swapped it out there was no char. When I took off the carb and looked down there it look like it was going to be charred up, but when I swabbed it wasn’t.
    Will see if I can get some better consistency now. I’m definitely going to keep more of a eye on my batteries levels.
  • Gman
    you should use only enough to keep the holes covered imo
  • EconMan
    My business partner uses his Peak much more than I do. Him and his wife sesh with it together. She is a sipper and we were trying to figure out why his crucibles get so gnarly while mine stay so pristine....? it is the sesh mode passing around. He has big lungs that can take big draws of vapor. She has little lungs and needs to "sip" her way through. But she NEVER takes the carb cap off when she sets it down or passes it.... and never really finishes her hit... so the oil just burns on the bottom of the hot ceramic crucible. I'm guessing the Carta is similar, so on my Peak I'm quick to remove the cap when not toking.
  • Gman
    I got my V2 today and have been using the quartz all day on level 1 and 2. I'll need to reset my temps with the app to be more like 500-550-600-650 but even as is, WOW. So much better than the beta unit. They are still making adjustments to the atomizer but so far sooo good.

If your quzrtz is not rocking on level 2 then maybe your atomizer is not screwed in all the way. People have had those issues. Cause if it was working right, lvl 2 would almost be too much on the quartz. I started to get chazing it's hitting so hard.
  • Triad
    Has anybody downloaded and used the v2 app if so can you tell me how to I have no idea why its not appearing on Bluetooths devices available. I never had a problem with my other vaporizer apps. I'm lost with this one.
  • OhHello
    I’ve tried the Android app on 2 separate phones as well as a direct download link from focus....still won’t connect, they told me a new version is still in the works.

I also broke my original v2 atomizer, 2 weeks to the day, it was on 4/20 and first time i used it with a group of friends and did two globs back to back, past around and it was the ONLY time I didn’t Qtip it and when I came back to the Carta a few hours later I got blinking lights, pulled the cup and a couple of cracks were through the ceramic, must have dripped over the bucket, I bought spares beforehand but focus literally mailed me a new one the next business day. Still working like a charm but DEFINITELY noticed the newer atomizer does not get as hot as the broken one. I am curious to see how the one they send behaves.

Focus is also currently testing different shaped buckets to try and remedy this, i saw one and it being tested and it didn’t look like it was getting close enough to the ceramic and not getting as hot as the current buckets.
  • Zep4
    My Puffco Peak has been freaking me out since yesterday...not turning on. Changed the atomizer for first time. Worked fine, then failed again this morning. Charged it for 5 min. Worked fine. Charging it more. ....and...bought a Carta V cuz I will go crazy if I gotta go thru this every friggin’ time!! Senior Stoner’s looks great. I’ll report back with my results. Over and out.
  • EconMan

Looking forward to your views on that.
    I hear they are having similar atomizer issues but their CS is good. I think they warrant their atomizers 30 days. Puffco not at all.
  • Zep4
    Thanks Econ. I just checked my Peak battery level...green. Took 1 session. Started heating another. Shut right off and was dead after that. Unbelievable. So it charges IF it wants to and works if it wants to. Sent Puffco a complaint. Knowing they have competition now hopefully will motivate them to do their best to fulfill their wish for satisfied customers.
  • LabPong
    Zep and Econ.....I am wondering what the hits/vapor is like with these all in one dab water rigs. Have you both tried doing dabs/rosin on a healthstone in any vape setups?

Thinking that if you compare a full normal dab with a dab rig going through water....then going to one of these Peak/Carta type vapes maybe a slower and more mellow hit.....then using a healthstone in say a Elev8r or G43...or glass flowerpot bowl as I do/did......which is a much lighter power vapor hit from the dab because it extracts much slower.....

Just trying to get an idea of what to expect if I bypass using a carta/peak....and just go from using my KP Crystal, FF2 with steal pad....arizers, Elev8r, G43 with stone for doing my dabs......to just going full on enail dabbing.

Seems like for me....the carta/peak would be an expensive and unneeded vape experience?
  • VapeCritic
    Got a Carta the other day havent tried it yet but interested to see how good it works especially compared to Peak, ill give it a whirl tonite :ok:
  • LabPong
    Got a Carta the other day havent tried it yet but interested to see how good it works especially compared to Peak, ill give it a whirl tonite :ok:VapeCritic

:eyes:
  • OhHello
    @VapeCritic my Carta was bought the first day available and I love it!
    I’ll break mine out tonight too........LIVE STREAM BUDDY!?!?!?!?

I’m on my second base and atomizer. Worked ok with shatter and the fitted ti bucket then I tried budder wax and meh on level 1 and 2 but on 3 it was a freaking smoke stack and almost choked me to death, lol!! Hardest hit I personally have ever had and scared to do it again :lol:, not saying much from me I know but the glass filled up with dense vape like the videos. I need to take the time to get the app set up. BS process if you ask me, Ghost, DaVinci, and FF2 apps much easier to install on iOS. Newest atomizer and Ti bucket pics below.
    yb9kgqxc4yp91rx0.jpeg
    etboi6f8xjstvpr8.jpeg
  • Gman
    I run mine with the quartz on level 1 and I run it twice. The first time is the taste session, the second time it seems to run a little hotter so I don't need to go to level 2. And by the end of session 2 it's done.

Awesome, awesome, awesome. Some upkeep, more than the SAI but worth it imo.
    If a top airflow atomizer is in the future I think it would be better. I have a couple taf SAI’s that I like but burns my tongue occasionally(don’t realize till the next morning if done right, :lol:) . Anyone have a SAI or with the Poseidon bubbler to compare?
  • Gman
    Yes I have them both and I love them, but it just isn't as nicer as the all in one unit. And the quartz cups for the sai always leaked for me. If you have the SAI you need the Poseidon in my opinion. But if you have the carta now, no reason. The sai is only good for on the go now. Which it's great for.
  • EconMan

I've written a lot on the Peak, but to answer your question in short-order, NO it is NOT a replacement for a dab rig, at least not for me. I like the Peak as an appliance. It is an easy quick way to take a dab that is non-threatening (some have issues with torches and wires).

On no planet where real dabbers live is the Peak an effective substitute. My business partner who has $1000 in his two Peaks, ALWAYS prefers my dab rig. He will tell you the hits don't compare. His wife however, with tiny lungs and short draw ability (and fear of "crack torches") loves it, and is why they have two.

That said, IMO the Peak is a bit like the grasshopper. I don't find it all that usable "as is". I hate devices that let water into my mouth. I HATE IT. Destroys whatever pleasure the hit brought me.
    For me the Peak MUST have the splashguard that comes in the stupid "travel kit" (should have been a stock part of the kit) OR (better but more expensive choice) a new properly designed glass altogether.
    The travel kit is $30 and a new 3rd-party glass will cost at least $150. Then for bigger dabs, you need 3rd party quartz crucibles.

A dabbing purist will hate the Peak. I suspect also the Cart, but not as much I suspect.
    My Peak is rarely used. In fact, only with particular company who likes dabs but not torches and hot wires.

For $100, you can get a nice beginner's dabbing rig with all you need, including torch. For $200, you can get a really nice setup. For the price most people put into their Peaks, they can get an AWESOME rig and setup with a lovely assortment of quartz bangers and accessories (where most of my spending $ are going these days).
  • Zep4
    I hated email dabs even after getting my MinNail. Too harsh imo.
    I can get a similar experience on high on the Peak which is why I stick to green, low or red, medium. You would be very satisfied with the hits I believe no problem.
    BTW I heard back from Matt at Puffco the next day who is sending a free replacement base/battery since I’d just gotten my Peak in Jan. My Carta comes Tuesday.
  • EconMan
    [quote="Zep4;112828"
    I hated email dabs even after getting my MinNail. Too harsh imo.
    I can get a similar experience on high on the Peak which is why I stick to green, low or red, medium. You would be very satisfied with the hits I believe no problem.
    BTW I heard back from Matt at Puffco the next day who is sending a free replacement base/battery since I’d just gotten my Peak in Jan. My Carta comes Tuesday.[/quote]

You're too cool! :cool:

I'm not a big fan of e-nails either. I like to "theorize" where I put my heat. Each banger and concentrate type is different, and I'm a torch boy when I can be. I also don't use the mega-torches with seemingly two settings -- off and full. I like to use finesse in my concentrates vaping. Especially important with cold starts. So I use an adjustable "medium" strength torch (that can even work as a regular lighter)

Good to hear about Puffco service..... I've never needed to use it (on my one atomizer fail, the store replaced it for me, and they dealt with whatever at puffco).

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Carta. :party:
  • LabPong
    Good info .....cant wait to hear Zep's opinions after she gets the Pufco going again to compare with the Carta.

I was not sure if an enail was much different from a torch setup for direct dabbing.
  • Zep4
    I used a med. torch til my MiniNail came, so I got enough experience to know it wasn’t for me and played with different temps on the MN too but never could not burn my lungs. The MiniNail I’d definitely recommend tho for stoners with asbestos-lined lungs. Very simple setup onto any glass as it has various sized adapters. Even little me had np.
  • EconMan
    I was not sure if an enail was much different from a torch setup for direct dabbing.LabPong

It's so damned different. I like to use dab pearls and there are "torch techs" for this depending on the banger. For instance, in that last shot of my dab vid, you'll see a favorite banger -- it is thin quartz with a round bottom where I can "spin" my terp pearl). I use a "cyclone" type carb cap which spins the pearl.
    The physics of heat makes the "run" from the heat. So I heat the sides of the banger, not the bottom where the oil is, and get those sides pretty darn hot (~650f, but it cools quickly). So with this banger, the pearl dips in the oil then spins on the hot quartz, then falls into the oil, and spins again around the hot sides of the banger.... on and on. One determines the "cycle" by draw strength and technique. If it seems a little harsh, then toke softer and let the pearl fall back down into the oil to cool, and pick up some more oil, with less "side-time" on the banger. This takes torch work hitting the quartz at the right time and in the right place. When done right, the spinning balls gets all residual oil vaped. It is a really efficient banger.
  • LabPong
    LabPong
    I used a med. torch til my MiniNail came, so I got enough experience to know it wasn’t for me and payed with different temps on the MN too but never could not burn my lungs. The MiniNail I’d definitely recommend tho for stoners with asbestos-lined lungs. Very simple setup onto any glass as it has various sized adapters. Even little me had np.
    Zep4

Zep....i have big lungs....but they are sensitive and my throat is even more sensitive. So I always go through water. I like using the FF2 for rosin....but want something more efficient for smaller hits. So between my KP Crystal with a mini bubble stem...and my health stones with various vapes....just wanted to find something that would be a step up but maybe not a full on dab rig just yet.

So I will see what shakes down with the Carta when they get things sorted out. I would not think to spend over $200 for a basic concentrate vape. When I use my FF2, KP crystal, or G43/Elev8r......I do not see a reason yet to spend so much on something that will be a problem with keeping it working because of atomizers going out, cups over flowing....big mess in cleaning up.......or things like that.
  • Zep4
    I have loved my Peak best of anything yet. I’m surviving the temporary separation with the Puffco Plus and Pro2 which give great hits, better than any other wax pens I’ve ever tried....but TOO much wax will make the Plus leak and clog. The Pro’s splatter guard gets gummed up with too much wax, but I’m learning less is more. I need to spend more time with my Crystal to give it a fair chance, but taste hasn’t been there for me, so it’s in the bottom drawer.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment