• Azn2101
    :lol: Mr. Bonsai

Screenshot-20190819-211611.png
  • Gman
    lol
  • Azn2101
    I couldn't get the pic up on IG but I figured I could post it here for you =D

20190824-094755.jpg
  • Triad
    Is the atomizer rebuild kit worth it. Also how many heat plates come with it.
  • Azn2101
    Website's back up with the Rep. Program.

If anyone wants to recommend each other for the everlast/SiC order to get "points" it's a good win win situation and save some each other cash on the next order.

The SiC inserts look nice though.
    Website is not very iOS friendly, kinda like the Carta. Maybe the sic dish will make the one of the preset temps work better but that’s another $45. If your going to advertise and sell a device that works best with the app, the app should work first. Atty that last less then a month, maybe the ever last atty should have been developed first too? My opinion, Carta was released too soon. Yup, that’s how I really feel, I really wanted to like this vape too(it’s why I started this thread so I wasn’t always a hater, lol.)

I was an 8 week beta tester for a yet to be released vape and was provided for free, the vape, app, AND product(yes they sent me to a dispensary and was given(for a penny? To be legal I guess) a lot of material! The vape was packaged like it was in full production mode with box, instructions, everything. It wasn’t ready and has still not been released although they thought it was ready to go. That’s the way to test a vape! BTW, the iOS version was and still is available to be downloaded through the official apple App Store like a normal app, no “side loading” which makes me believe the app for the carta was an afterthought.
    The beta vape I tested is not competition for the carta and I am not putting the carta down to promote another vape. In fact I did not care for the beta vape I tested nor would I recommend it to anyone in the state I tested it in and probably not even the final version when it’s released so I have absolutely no skin in this game. Oh, I also get a free production vape just for helping them test it, didn’t have to buy it at full price or even at a discounted price(I bought my Carta cheaper then the Carta beta team!)
  • Azn2101
    I definitely agree. And while they did follow through on the rep program it's in no way what they described and looking at what they've put up it is not something I will be participating in cause it's 99% social media based when I know more shop owners/managers by name and face than online...

As for the atty' s you're right but it makes me wonder how much smoke was blown up our ass (thank God for Mr. Bonsai' s ingenious double purposed invention :rofl:) because for the first time last night I tasted plastic from the cap that's been heated to a point that it starts degrading the material cause SiC retains heat so well but with this latest cap (#4 and when this one breaks I'll have 3 broken atomizers with no caps...and thus no atomizer) I noticed that it was giving off actual wisps of that bluish colored smoke so when I unscrewed the cap thinking I had overflowed it really bad or something to my surprise the smoke had gathered under the caps. Now when reheating the inner most plastic that touches the beveled part instantly turns to that white color that plastic makes when it starts being heated or bent/stretched and unfortunately I don't see the Everlast solving the issue for this cause there will be no alteration in caps and the insert is what's giving off the heat and the steel post is just going to make things hotter in there.

I can't hate the Carta cause it's everything I wanted except having to inhale air like you were breathing thru a straw or else you begin wasting good amounts of material. But yes this Instagram based thing they have going is absolutely ridiculous...

Why can't the see that this is not a good way to spread info or create an easy process for reaching them for returns and questions, In fact we tested something. We had a set of atomizer that were basically broken within the day and so I filled the warranty claim online and she contacted them thru IG and the warranty email went out to her like that night while mine took till the next morning.

My point: Why have a website if you're going to give priority to people on IG and even then if you don't pay close attention to their feed you'll miss the one tidbit of info mashed up between Homeboy doing a dab and someone doing a seizure Inducing "look what just arrived" post.

Ya I'm not happy with Randall and FocusV but it is a cure for my situational need of having a dab device that can be carried around fairly easily.

I do feel like it was a decent bargain at $160 but if they can't find a way to help the customers with their compounding issues with the device and quickly they'll eventually ruin themselves.

I feel like they believe the iOS thing is fixed since you can sideload it if you are competent with computers or whatever the process is but I agree. When I first used my iPhone with it I was having trouble with compacting the file so I just went and got a separate android just for it.

Lol, oh yea I could just switch phone platforms because there aren’t really a lot of iPhone users out there anyway :wink:
  • Azn2101
    I've had the same phone for so long now I'm genuinely surprised that the app is downloadable in the playstore for this model lol.

Ya that's ridiculous, and the iOS version won't have "Vape/Dab", it'll have something gauge that doesn't indicate in any form that it's to be used for marijuana.

Well it appears from my comments on FC I need to either buy another computer so I can “side load/hack into” my iphone to get the app(I have tried three times without luck) or buy another phone. Two completely reasonable options to use a vape, lol.

AND it’s my fault for buying an apple product and agreeing to their policy :rofl: :rofl: Even though I have five apps working on my phone from other vape manufacturers working just fine all downloaded from the App Store. “Side load” and “jailbreak” same shit to me.

Edit: None of the above was suggested from Focus, just fanboys, some with androids, lol. (I have nothing against android devices). And, I’m definitely a fanboy of some other vapes so I get it, well no I don’t in this situation

You would think I am old, wise, mature, grown up and any other word that can be thrown in, enough to lay back, get vaped and avoid the drama like I believe I can. But sadly I can not :joke:
  • Azn2101
    Dude I'm slowly seeing why everyone abandoned this page...

I'm thinking this needs a thread of it's own cause of how hazardous it is and how FocusV is reacting to it: I, personally, have had 4 working atomizers since about June and now I have 2 working. One with out a cap and one that creates smoke when used with the FS insert. When my first 2 caps split (see picture above) I tried gluing with the highest temp resistant glue I had (JB Weld) and realized it wasn't going to do when it slowly started piece by piece to break away again. So technically I have one usable atomizer at a time that Off-Gasses at 556 for the SiC insert on both atomizer housings.

I've tried contacting FocusV all weekend and today especially since my last cap is already splitting and now it's making dabs taste like plastic. They have not even looked at my messages since alerting them to a post on Reddit that got a lot of steam regarding how the atomizers were giving out so easily.

But my lady just sent them a message saying that "I'd like to buy one of your inserts but don't want one if it's not made in the USA" to which they got back to her within 15 minutes. They haven't even looked at my message containing the information that their caps are OFF-GASSING!

Why should I have to go buy an entire new insert when all I need if the fucking cap? Hell sell 'em in 5 packs they have so many RMA'ed atomizers but they won't even look my way now and this is no longer a "3rd party incident" if their caps are creating smoke when the other 3 that split/cracked didn't.

So now I can't use a Carta unless I want to taste and inhale plastic.
  • Azn2101
    Wow...this is their unofficial statement to all FadeSpace SiC users (compared against two other owners) who are experiencing the same issues...even the Off-Gassing in one other case than mine.

Screenshot-20190827-010710.pngimagehosting

So they just want us to stop using a piece that costed almost HALF the price of the entire device???

Yet from the V1, FocusV were HEAVILY endorsing FadeSpace as a option for a SiC insert and from May when I started watching the live streams until the price was announced Randall recommended we go for a FadeSpace Insert Cause they were already in the development stage that a SiC insert was "Kept in mind since the inception of the Carta" but "Recommended" we go with FadeSpace as they already had plans in development for a SiC insert for the Carta. Only when the FS price was announced did they announce 2 live' s later that the SiC would be released soon.

They did offer me a 50% off coupon but with the new rep program by spending the extra 50% you would get 50% more reward points so I feel like it's just a slight escape from this...cycle of spending they expect US as customers to buy into but if you plan on continuing to use the Carta it's actually smarter to use the 50% and get bonus bonus points if you spend over X.XX between a period of time.

They also have no intentions of changing the plastic threading that Crack & Off-Gass/add that plastic taste to the dab with the New Everlast atomizers, the only thing that changed was the addition of a steel post. I can almost promise That the same problems will become an issue with their SiC inserts (if they're any good) in the Everlast Atomizers.

This just seems absolutely ridiculous that there are so many people reporting the breaking of atomizers by burn-out of the pad or breaking of the cap from heat and yet they won't be making the effort to release the caps by themselves either.

I don't understand what turned a company that was so transparent and willing to go beyond the necessary level of customer care to what they are now when it comes to serious health concerns like Off-Gassing and plastic taste, not to mention the Destruction of the atomizer in places they never intended for. They act like this is an issue for the 3rd party but it's their atomizers that are being ripped to shreds and yet they are the ones that claim it can be used "At max temp without degrading the device or atomizer." When I'm fairly sure the SiC insert doesn't go above 900°F either.

I always had pleasurable customer care from them and while this was said politely I feel like it's more of an "F-Off, we have ours coming out soon so just wait for that and/or the Everlast."

In my opinion if they cared they would give me a discount on the SiC that could be used with the v2 atty that I have and because they "never really rested the SiC on the regular atty" they don't know of it'll preform in the same manor. They also don't know if they design has changed, they said it might've saying the indentation Would be there at first and now saying they aren't sure and will have to wait until they arrive but until then I can't use the Carta without either going back to Titanium and not using a $120 insert or tasting plastic...

Really disappointed about this...
  • EconMan
    Carta's bullshit pisses me off in many ways.

Carta's absurd heater sales policy offends me. One has to buy a "kit"? Newsflash! Many of us already have tools and much better ones than these shitty things. And once the kit is bought, you get ONLY two ceramic heaters? TWO!!!!!!! ONLY two!??????? And if you want to repair three atomizers you have to buy the tools all over again. Bullshit Carta.

BULLSHIT! Carta. :angry:

So. I bought a kit. Made measurements to confirm specs, and made a DHgate order.
    I ordered twenty of them. $3 each. :)
    https://www.dhgate.com/product/9mm-diameter-ceramic-heating-coil-for-focus/484302632.html
  • Azn2101
    Randall screwed the pooch on this one...he could've just said "Ya we should've made the caps better." But instead he says things like "SiC shouldn't retain that much heat".

could it be that they are stretched so extremely thin in funding that providing such a large RMA warranty on...lets say 3 atomizers per FS SiC owner (a few hundred are out in the wild so lets say) with a total of about 600 Warrantied atomizers at once would seriously hurt them at this stage in their development. Could it be they are just stalling for dear life?

I mean they say they have 10-12,000 working units but how many of those had to go through 2 or 3 bases before they got a good one in the v1 to v2 switch. I mean it took me 3 bases. Could it be these warranties are catching up to them?

They haven't blocked me but they won't even talk to me about working something out where my money doesn't end up in their "rewards program" piggy bank instead of just returning the money for the unshipped SiC because "I bought the Everlast+SiC combo" but I never got the discount and it was 2 items so I'm not sure what they mean by that? I've tried contacting them via Email/IG DM/Phone Line/Website Live Chat since Tuesday and are forcing me to do a chargeback. This is some straight Puffco shit...
  • EconMan

I know so little about the company as a company and nothing about its human proprietor. I do know quite a bit about small businesses in general. I don't mind purchasing a new atomizer now and then. I knew what I was signing up for. And for the record, my Carta (got it used) has been fine. I've gone through one atomizer and that is it (puffco is a different story) HOWEVER my business partner also has one he shares with his wife and his attys break about every other day. He bought four, and a week later is down to one.

So I went researching for aftermarket "ceramic heaters", found them. If I bought in volume I could get the average cost down to about $1 per rebuilt atty.

Yeah, your business problem with them seems odd. Any merchant that does "sales" knows one of the costs of a sale are refund-requests from people who bought a few days earlier before the sale and want the same net price. Saying "fuck you" doesn't really endear customers to a merchant, so they've learned to go with it and usually give partial refunds under the brand of "price protection". Else, customers who purchased via credit card will take advantage of their legislated rights.
  • Gman
    to be fair, I haven't broken 1 atomizer besides the one that caught fire in the beta unit. And I work the fuck out of this thing. SO I believe there are a LOT of happy customers.

They aren't perfect, that's for sure.
  • John Cocktostone
    I'm happy. This device is great for gamers for a quick dab. Hopefully whatever concerns and praise we can give Focus will only help and improve their next E-rig.
  • Yadayadayada
    Also happy!

Have a two tone from the first public release in April and a first release Magna Carta... no issues in either, 400+ dabs in the two tone, broke one atomizer but was my fault fo putting a huge glob in and it spilled over, they sent me a replacement free, that was after I had it a month, now the same atty in that one for 4 months , 175 dabs on the all black with zero issues, also on dry herb, same attys. Both units used a lot.

I get people can have issues and bad units, the Carta is still very new. I know what to expect when I’m an early adopter of any product. I also don’t really expect any company to warranty any product that had an issue because of a third party add on.
  • EconMan
    This seems shady. Less than half price? Anyone know of this retailer?
    https://www.highmountainimports.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=31

I'm happy. This device is great for gamers for a quick dab.John Cocktostone

Me too. I use mine for dabbing convenience. It is working for what I got it for. One thing is certain, the Carta atomizer, despite its issues, is a light-year ahead of Puffco's. It's clockwise/counterclockwise threaded assembly is SOOOOOOOOOO much better than the absurd silicone "pushon" Puffco mechanism.
  • Gman
    Got the APP working finally, it's become a whole new device. Sadly can't change the default temps... but whatever. For now it's working at the exact temps I want.

Also, for the SiC cups, what's the point really? I like the glass myself, does the SIC really taste better?
  • EconMan

The BIGGEST amazement of the Carta, taste wise, for me was how tasty the titanium actually was.
    I've struggled getting the quartz to work well for me, but the Ti is quite nice actually. Does Ti degrade over time (i.e. corrode?) I suppose all metal corrodes some?

Ti will form a protective(to the rest of the Ti) oxidized coating if not cleaned regularly. No idea how it effects vaping though.
  • EconMan

Got it. I'm sure it is fine. I'm a clean freak on vapes and rigs.

I was shocked mostly because the metal surface rigs I'd used in the past tasted like :vomit:
  • Gman
    Ti should not tarnish, that's why they use it in medical screws. Titanium Dioxide is caused by over heating the Titanium and it then forms an extra brittle layer of TiO2 which is bad if you breathe it in. This is why you ONLY run Ti coils in Temp control and never wattage. If you glow them too hot, they are ruined and you'd have to scrape off the TIO2.

All metals form a layer of oxidation, otherwise metal would cold weld to itself like it does in space. Only in our oxygen rich environment can we use metals like we do.
  • Zep4
    My SIC insert’s coming Sept. 13. :hearts: :sparkle:
  • EconMan
    Their new "Everlast" atomizers (lifetime warranty) are for sale now.

My SIC insert’s coming Sept. 13.Zep4

You just must give us your report! :cool:
  • Zep4
    I got the Everlast atty yesterday, mounted it. It’s lasted so far, lol. :rofl:
    The SIC pail comes Sept. 13. Got the little atty repair kit cuz I love little cases and it might come in handy and a tether for the Carta so I can give my Peak back the one I stole from it FOR my Carta.
    I’m also impatiently waiting for a Dio double coil for my Linx Zero as well.
  • OhHello

What’s the Linx coil? Have a link?
  • Zep4
    I got it at their place.b0h2cz77vycp7kte.jpeg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention