• Zep4
    it’s sposed to give big rips, naturally.
  • OhHello
    Ahhh a replacement for their coiled pens, I thought I heard someone else say something about a zero replacement that was either quartz or a different style ceramic one recently too ?
  • Azn2101
    I think it's in Randall's best interest to stop these Live Streams at this point.

Blew up on the feed just like Roger does when he dislikes the what's being said to him then deleted the feed right after it ended yesterday night.

Also I know that we're registering for something that's Free of actual money but requires us to be on the Live Stream to win the giveaway that you register through the website.

Well if he decides that he's just going to ignore that and choose the winner from the live chat audience without attempting to use the "Random Name Generator", like he did today it just seems stupid, especially cause it's not like it's a 3rd party offering the giveaway, It's the Home company.

Come on Randall...
  • Triad
    @Gman
    how did you actually get Bluetooth to connect. I got Carta when it first came out . I was unable to connect to Bluetooth with first base I kept trying for about 3-4 weeks to no avail called carta spoke to Randall and he said he was surprised because he didn't hear from any others that we're having this issue connecting to Bluetooth as we found out that wasn't true. sent back first base and they sent me another and to this day have not been able to connect to Bluetooth. I tried many different phones with android and also on iPad but nothing. Any help be great. I am learning to wait some time after a products been released and all the bugs worked out no more pre release purchases for me.
  • Gman
    I just side loaded it onto an Iphone and once I run the app, it askes to turn on the carta, the moment I do, it starts working.

Did you drag the app onto the impact side loader? Then it asks for your app password?
  • Triad
    No I didn't I'll have to figure out how to do with side loader . Can I do that on iPad. Thanks
  • EconMan
    No I didn't I'll have to figure out how to do with side loader . Can I do that on iPad. ThanksTriad

Yes. For *most* people I don't recommend it. There is a reason iOS is the way it is, and side-loads *can* cause you problems in other areas of iOS. If you're an advanced tech user, that's a different story.

I keep an old purposely NOT updated iPad to run some music apps I find essential and their authors are not updating.... so I used it for the side-load. A fancy name for a "hack".
  • Gman
    The device is a paperweight without the app for me, sadly.

For the IOS app, If you follow the instructions stickied at reddit /r/focusvcarta then you should be good to go. Most of the work for me was installing itunes and getting the phone connected to my PC. At that point getting your app password and running impact was tricky but doable. When your phone is up and showing in Itunes, then run impactor, then drag the IOS carta app to it on the desktop. It'll ask for your IOS acount email but then the password is the APP password, not your account password.
  • EconMan
    The device is a paperweight without the app for me, sadly.Gman

What custom temp(s) are you using?
  • Gman
    400-550 depending on atomizer and concentrate
  • Zep4
    Dio works as advertised.
  • EconMan
    400-550 depending on atomizer and concentrateGman

400! Low and slow... that's your rosin? :cool:

Blew up on the feed just like Roger does when he dislikes the what's being said to him then deleted the feed right after it ended yesterday night.Azn2101

Now this is interesting. My business partner when he read the law suit, watched a couple of Roger's emotionally charged moments, and chose to stopped using his Puffco (and buying atomizers). Said he refused to subsidize him.

I am more forgiving. Not that it is acceptable, but working with entrepreneurs like I do, I note particular "personality" traits in common. One being a little bit of a "fuck you world" attitude. They don't really have a "boss" and sometimes forget their customers, at lease in aggregate, are their boss.
    The guy is young, and once life slaps him around a bit, he'll grow in wisdom. Right now he is riding high on a successful product that sells out quickly with every batch he orders.
    The Ego is naturally HUGE and always advises itself to be yet larger. It is VERY difficult even for a Yogi to accept criticism of one's own "baby" except for the most emotionally healthy.

You should see my sorry "butt-hurt" self once a producer/engineer starts bitching about my drumming... too much double base, too busy, not enough snare, too much snare..... why so many fills?
    Can't you keep time dude?.... But in the big picture he is just making me better-- better fit within the songwriting, and most important making the song better.

Not an excuse, merely some balance in context. :pray:
  • Triad
    After trying 5 different phones an ipad still could not get app to work. I found an old phone buried away and finally the clouds parted and the app is working. I wasn't using the Carta because the set temps I didn't like they were too hot. It's like night and day with the working app can adjust to temp of my liking. It's so much better . I wish I would of had this months ago better late then never.
  • EconMan
    I wasn't using the Carta because the set temps I didn't like they were too hot.Triad

Yeah, I put it on a near ten year old iPad I use for music apps.
    I don't put any unsecure apps on my phone, which is also my business phone. I can't risk a hack, so I'm very security obsessed.

Yeah, for Rosin to me Heat 1 is too cold and Heat 2 is too hot. For high grade concentrates, including THCa, Heat 3 is too cold and Heat 4 is too hot.
    Then what is really annoying is the atomizers degrade way before they break (at least for me -- my bus partner, his just break). Level 2 on a brand new one is not the same as a Level 2 on a geriatric one.
  • Azn2101
    no I feel you on that, I felt the pressure about the whole "Plastic Cap" issue made Randall act abnormal to his usual calm demeanour.

I am interested in trying their SiC inserts cause they are Chinese Made Silicon Carbide Inserts but I guess he's trying to obtain the same "Medical Grade" paperwork that FadeSpace has.

Meanwhile Fade is firing on all cannons right now bashing back at FocusV for their part in company bashing him

Just some insight though this isn't Randall's first rodeo when it comes to using pastics in a...questionable manner with vapes (but if we were judged entirely based on the past I'm pretty no one would have a clean sheet.) I believe he was released during the TERA incident cause there was plastic in the earlier models that he took part in prior to the final V3 design..

Either way, a SiC insert and a V2 atty are on their way out in the mail today so I'll be able to weigh it against the FadeSpace and see how it performs compared to the FadeSpace.but the cap thing I've chalked up to Quality Control.

I'll say it here before I drop it anywhere else but I'm gonna see this one through. I have over dabs in 200 on this atomizer cap with the FadeSpace SiC insert and there has been minimal/almost no cracking at 554-572°F but it has...powered down in the sense of the atomizer isn't broken but it's level 4 is about it's level 2 on the default temps. The one thing that's very interesting is that when you heat the atomizer after cleaning it thoroughly in iso the cap will release this green Colored residue that looks like material that just splashed onto the cap and seeped to where the lid & carb cap meet but it seems to be coming from the crack lines. When I take my morning dab and swap the atty lip I'll post a picture. But as for them cracking & Off-Gassing it seems to be the caps that weigh less than the average one, which is hard to tell cause from the 5 atomizer caps (including the Everlast cap) they had a variance of about 1 to 4g difference. The one that was 4 grams lighter was the one that gave off a distinct plastic taste and the others caps just crumbled and heat pads burnt out.
  • Azn2101
    This is the material that is rubbed off a clean black outer rim on the Atomizer Cap (post dab. 572°F, 1min run time, 9-10 sec heat-up) that is over 200 dabs in with a v2 + FS insert. If you look close there is absolutely no yellow/golden color from un-vaporized wax or splash from the insert to the top of the carb cap then to the outer edges of the cap itself.

20190912-113117.jpg
  • Gman
    That doesn't look good. I may hold off on the sic inserts.
    Too much Drama with these guys too. Just not professional.
189101112Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet