• Zep4
    ok tnx
  • Azn2101
    Hey guys, I'm wondering what would be a good company to go with for maybe ruby or sapphire terp pearls or if that's even smart idea since the pooling is pretty minimal.

I just went with some from bud's shop. Does anyone know off the top of their head if they're Boro or Quartz?

Thanks
  • LabPong
    Azn.....I would put my money on that they are just boro...
  • Azn2101
    ya I feel stupid when it says boro in the description.

Feeling pretty stupid...

Thanks though man.
  • EconMan
    Too big for the size of the buckets.

For the Peak, and I suspect the Carta (will let you know) the little 3mm "glass-heater balls" that comes with the G43 and available from @VapeCritic are great a improvement. The relatively "tiny" ball (use one only) keeps the oil out of the edges. One package would last for life (they are easy to lose).

They work so well, both companies ought to include them.
  • JonnyFrontrow
    Bud's pearls are the best boro pearl value anywhere 200+ for <$10. I didn't need hundreds so went with these "lab grown ruby pearls" for my Peak (don't have a Carta ... yet).
  • Azn2101
    oh ok sweet. That was my issue too. I dont really need 200+ and while thats about a 10-1 difference I have little to no knowledge on what the terp pearl' s purpose is other than to create more surface area and be able to roll over bubbles and reduce climbing (I think that last one?)

So does Ruby heat up more quickly than Boro?
  • Azn2101
    Oh shit my bad Econ. I missed your post.

You're so right. They totally need to come with. Especially the Carta cause the chamber is just so damn TINY! If I can't get this Free Shipping from that place that ↪JonnyFrontrow recommended (I checked them out but I have no idea what to look for...om FC everyone has their vendor of choice and a lot of the other companies are "not legit" or whatever so I have no idea who's a reliable store for these type of accessories since @Barron22 and @Mothchewmoth got me started down my Concentrate journey and I was so indecisive that they basically had to tell me what to buy and that I'd be happy with it.

Which I definitely am but the Carta is just more for me since my roommate and lady figure don't like the aspect of a hot ass coil that's not protected from fire if tipped over like the the Log vapes that are plugged in around here.

Sorry for my long posts guys. I'm by no means, and probably will never be, a concise person haha.

BTW: ↪JonnyFrontrow do you have any coupon codes from that website?
  • EconMan

Yeah, I will find out on Thursday when my used Carta arrives. I enjoy my Peak and the social network and comradery around it.... meet lots of interesting people at "Peak Parties". I'm sure I will like the Carta.

But nothing will replace my torch and banger as my prefered device. :nerd:
  • Azn2101
    I Wish I had a more stable grip on holding things in the same place for long periods of time from muscular spasm issues cause I LOVED when my buddy was around who had the Primo set-up (Toro Thermal Core stuck on some Custom beauty with a spiral drop down that went back up the twists like a knot you'd tie a fishing hook onto the line with and this Amazingly Beautiful Bong that some also amazingly Cool guy gave to him for soccer kicking his bong into his closet mirror breaking everything but that Toro Banger :wink: :lol:) and a temp gun and gave me the best Dabs ever and I have wasted *SO MUCH* concentrates trying to learn how to dab off a 20mm EQ beveled edge that a seasoned fanned gave me when he upgraded.

I was just about to post a thread about "How do you prep for a Lazy Day?" And it was a picture of the Carta's (and Herbalizer + ENano) with GoT in the Background because I woke up with symptoms of my GI condition/Auto immune Disease and have to be cleared before going in. Which I didn't so another 14 day Quarantine before they reassess.

I actually liked the entire idea of the Peak and always fought the urge to get one and instead bought a Switch that a smoke shop that was closing wanted $150 out the door for and it was awesome but the glass attachment broke and concentrates prices didn't start to become truly affordable until around January this year where I am.

So I understand that the reason why people like SiC/Sapp/Ruby because of the low temp capabilities. What I'm not understanding is how? Does Ruby heat up faster than Sapphire and Sapphire more than SiC? Or is the heat retention over a long time period what we're going for with the purpose of the Gemstone parts?

AAARRRGGGHHHHHH I wish this guy from that ruby website would get back to me! I won free freaking shipping but it never showed the code!!!!!!

Edit: Shootout to Kevin at the Rubypearlco.com . I didn't know there was a difference between Lab grown and CZ

Edit EDIT: Oh shit there's a Day & Night difference between the two for the uses we use them
  • Azn2101
    Love you ↪EconMan & ↪JonnyFrontrow :love:

Thanks for the help. I was trying to get an answer all weekend on FC.
  • JonnyFrontrow
    @Azn2101 Sorry don't have a coupon for RubyPearlCo.com.
  • Mangu
    Dang that 175 is such a good deal. How do I know I’ll get the most updated version? Is there a chance that there’s a group of faulty old units floating around in the wild?
  • Azn2101
    All units that are being sold are the V2. The same can't be said about the atomizer as recently someone posted that they bought the Carta at CCV from Sam (Cool dude btw) anx bought a spare atomizer from slickvapes and it was the V1 Pronged version.

Personally I think for the betterment of these really tiny inserts that the prongs were a idea that could be expanded on later as there are similar holders on the top that do essentially the same thing that the bottom prongs did.

The reasoning were the extra gunk it might collect and a few other things but from my experience of the 3x V2 atomizers on both of the Carta's in the appt, the only insert at the moment that has an indentation so it doesnt slide is the Ti so the Quartz just skates across the ceramic heating pad until you secure the cap with it's...not so much prongs but it creates very little room for it to move around but because we're dealing with such tiny inserts I'm sure a 1/2mm of the heating plate being to low like on the atomizer recieved from the 6 month subscription from FocusV has a plate that is a hair shorter to meet the top so the insert sits lower and if I don't use the Ti insert on that one I have to bump the temp to over the ~80°F temp difference between quartz and Ti inserts (According to Randall.) I'm hoping with the Atomizer rebuild kits that I can move that pad up just a smidge.

If there was ever a product I'd pay to be a Beta Tester for it would be this to be able to be tinkering with a rebuilt kit right now!

Either way though I'm more shocked at myself for being so open to daily concentrate use because just the way the tolerance builds up from them makes me go through so much more material and next thing I know I'm pressing all the material that I'm harvesting and at one point I even just chopped the stalks and brought them over to a buddies to blast.

In other words concentrates are a real Drug for me if so let them be haha

Edit: My first thought was the same except that they would be V1's instead of the V2's but to be honest the first model my roommate bought was not able to sync with the Android version she had and had to buy some random unlocked Android with some of the models with android versions proven to work with other people but the 2nd unit from CCV had only the slight issue of needing to be actively synced into the app every time but after following instructions from the FV team It fixed itself and it is a fully functioning unit that is on par with the first Carta and between the Carta's we have about 600 dabs rounded up and most on the first atomizer from the original V2 she purchased.
  • OhHello
    any Info in the IOS app?

I’ve been using it almost always on level 2 for about 5 grams worth

What’s the range you guys are running at and for how long?

Surprisingly I’m enjoy the Ti and quartz equally still
  • Azn2101
    Awesome man! I went and bought some android pay as you go phone and the app installed without a hitch but I only started using it upon receiving the 2nd unit.

I highly recommend getting a few 3mm ruby terp pearls cause they make a HUGE difference and leave no pooling. I thought the Carta was efficient before but now it feels like a a pinch lasts forever on 572 or 590 on the Ti. Randall said that he felt the quartz heated up easier and said that he ran it colder by ~50°F but that was when he has the v1 atomizer that secured the base slightly more to the ceramic pad but either way I took someone's advice of bumping about ~100 and it does really well now with the pearls but before it felt like I git tremendpus flavor and a a little less effects frpm the quartz but it also pooled more from not having the indentations to help keep the insert as tight on the pad a possible.

I'm really new to modern day dab tech so don't take my word as solid but it definitely works for me =)
  • Gman
    Where did you get the pearls? And do they work with the quartz?
  • EconMan
    Where did you get the pearls? And do they work with the quartz?Gman

I use one of the 3mm perls Bud has for sale that ships with the G43. Works great on the Peak and I suspect Carta. Big bag - lifetime supply - for $9

I've just got my Carta and have only used the quartz thus far. The first hit was near wasted - user error. The 2nd hit pretty awesome.... the hits since sort of weak.... not getting much efficiency.... Will try varying heat levels.

There are things I like/dislike more than the Peak -- I can tell already the small bucket size may end up really annoying me....? -- but too soon to chronicle it right now. When I've taken a couple dozen hits, I'll speak out as I did with the Peak.
  • Azn2101
    Rubypearlco.com and Kevin (I believe the owner) sells great products but I decided to go with Ruby and he isn't new on the scene but I guess brands like Constant Gems (who isn't bad, they're working on a SiC insert for the Carta cause they already made an indented bottom one for the Peak) are just the goto places that people know about more but I could be wrong since it wasn't the first option to pop up on the search engine but all his pearls were extremely spherical and much better quality than the ones I recieved from a second hand 710 set up from someone. They retain heat for a really long time and have eliminated all puddling and make the flavor so much better.

Heck ya buddy they kick ass in the quartz but I feel like until there's a way to secure the quartz like in the V1 version than that way the dish wont tilt/slide slightly with the movement of the pearls which is slight but I feel like any space between the plate and ceramic heating dish being that it's only 10mm providing all that heat but long story short they do work. =)

I use the Ti insert with the ruby because I felt it almost rivaled it with them and with more results.
  • Gman
    If your hits are weak there's an issue with your device. Level 2 should char the bottom of the quartz.

awesome, thanks!
  • Azn2101
    :cool: very happy to be among other Carta members =D.

Ya buddy! Welcome to the party. From listening to the Senior Stoner on YT I think you might be right that people coming from the Peak might feel the smaller atomizer hole can be a pain (and it can) but even when I accidentally drew on it like it was my Enail. There was barely enough splash to hit the carb cap and only one of the slits had a little raw-ish concentrate from the splash. This is also before the terp pearls, which I would really love if they would spin instead of having to angle the Carta around a little but I'm worried that the Gordo Riptide Mini for the Peak will have the same issue of allowing too much airflow that the regular one can do without the right banger.

I can see the custom things making this easily the most expensive piece I'll own with my finger camped on the Buy button for the OJ recycler and money waiting for a response from Constant Gems l about how much they want for 2x SiC inserts

Does anyone have first hand experiences with a Riptide?
  • EconMan
    Does anyone have first hand experiences with a Riptide?Azn2101

I do. I just love them. :100:
    On the "biggest dab" thread I posted a video session where I "spun the ball" at the end where I was using a Riptide. For my rig, they are my favorite caps especially with my new love of round-bottom bangers. One can alternate between hard/easy airflow and obtain great "splash tech". On cold starts I start heating at the top of the banger all around the rim, then heat up the entrance into the stem, then cap it and I use the "splash tech" to splash oil on the sides... as I draw, the oil-covered ball works its way up the hot sides of the banger, and one can control the intensity of their hit via draw speed alone. Quite a fun thing to pull off.

I am using the G43 3mm balls in the Carta/Peak. I get it to move by slightly angling the cap as I draw, but they migrate naturally with the oil to the corners anyway. However, optimally, it begs for a directional cap, especially for larger dabs.

I might get use to the tiny bucket. Don't know. I do know it is annoying. Certainly a "con" for me.
  • Azn2101
    That was a beautiful dab man. I have got to own one after checking them out and I should've done futher researching to find that only the Fake Riptides allow for too much airflow and someone even stayed that they measure the air intake rate yo see if it is too open before making it available to sell but that could be BS as it was posted 9 months ago.

Edit: How would they go about checking airflow?
  • Gman
    They would easily make bigger cups, but they tend to pool more and require more power of course.
  • EconMan

Yeah, there HAS to be a trade-off, I know. I will reluctantly get used to it. For an individual dab, they are sufficiently large..... mostly an annoyance.... but I get why they did it.... makes engineering sense.
    Because they used smaller buckets, the ceramic atomizers are smaller, requiring less battery drain, excessive heat.
    I do notice the quartz buckets seem to "strain" the Carta's power curve much more than the Ti ones do? The couple "wasted" dabs have both been on the quartz bucket.... It seems to tend to extremes for me.... can't get much vapor then suddenly BANG! and lots of vapor but rather burnt in color and taste. Still experimenting... but thus far the quartz buckets have been a bitch for me to work with.

Fake Riptides allow for too much airflowAzn2101

Yeah, and even among "fake" all fakes are not equal. There is good Chinese glass and bad.
    Re airflow, "too much" is a very relative thing. It's why the Volcano was such a successful "dependable and consistent" vape -- it took the wild human diaphragm out of the equation.

Regardless, any "spinning ball" needs a directional carb! lol :nerd:
  • Gman
    just do one session time on level 1, then do a second on the same level. It'll be hotter this time. Should be able to run though any dab in 2 sessions.
  • Azn2101
    The Quartz are interesting. Randall actually said that for the Quartz he actually lowered the temp ~50°F but that was the V1 and they definitely are going be less...consistant if nothing else but the ruby inside the Ti are extremely similar.

I decided to stay "flavor numb" because I've never truly dabbed consistently on a banger with anything better than quartz like SiC cause I never got the hang of using a torch and getting the timing right and the whole drop tech thing on an Enail is too much effort for me and broke the one good insert I had from it slipping from the tweezers so I kinda started off bad.

I'm finding that 2x Ruby terp pearls is the magic number for flavor (in the Ti, Quartz im still getting the hang of) but if you're looking for that dab that you start feeling the effects before it's even done producing vapor than 1x is better since it seems to heat up more (darker red almost black) than the 2x but with that extra pearl if you have a high tolerance than doing a B2B without Q tipping makes HUGE clouds and great flavor at 590°F

My Concentrate usage has dropped by over 2/3rds from using the Carta over a 25mm Opaque 710 with SiC pearls yet I still feel the effects throughout the day. Sometimes I swear I feel more medicated.

Grabbed that Mini Riptide and it should be here by tomorrow and we'll see how much of a difference it'll make but my fear is that it'll create too much turbulence in the 10.5mm bucket since it is made for the Peak but I have a buddy who owns a Peak who said he'd buy it if it doesn't work.

Thedablab needs to restock those OJ Klein's cause I love me some recycling action but from the reviews it does make more efficient use of B2B dabs apparently but without them ever being restocked for more than a few hours than I'll never know first hand!!$!@!$!%#^@
  • EconMan
    My Concentrate usage has dropped by over 2/3rds from using the CartaAzn2101

That I believe. I take bigger dabs on a banger than on a Carta or Peak.
    Especially with this new thick round-bottom one I just got.... the cap sits on it perfect, and it can handle a .25-.50 easy... a nice perl to spin around, and it is delightful excess.

And, $90 for a carb cap. I remember when I knew nothing and they came free with a $15 banger... lol

a78a2775cd96927764651acddf4f17751a7864cc.jpg?v=1557450123
  • Azn2101
    I really bounced between the Carta and Rio (with Troy's cold start method.) But i. The end chose the Carta because of it's Micro-dabbing abilities and wondered if the concept would work with concentrates as it did. And the fact that my issue with catching up to modern day "Dab Tech" was because everyone kept telling me to do the whole "trial and error" thing but concentrates only became affordable (when bought by the Half Slab [7g] and Slab [14g] or else the prices really haven't changed) in January in my area so I just couldn't understand wasting as much as I was so I just said F it and grabbed the Carta and prayed lol.

It doesn't help that I'm sandwiched inbetween two counties that are filthy rich and can afford to pay $100/G of diamonds
  • Azn2101

Dry Herb Atomizers are up at Kingspipeonline.com

Awaiting confirmation Email from FocusV but it matches up with when Randall & Kristina expected to have them available.

Edit: I don't think I've ever been this excited over a Vape. I have a feeling this house will end up with at least one more when they release the Magna's (Solid Black or White.) Plus every 100,000 unit produced they'll be altering the aesthetic design and I really like that idea but that was said very early on in the thread. First few if not the first response from FocusV and things change and maybe this was their alternative.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment