• letsnotbespecific
    get Molecule RDA or TRVP..like $50 bucks..
  • Zep4
    You da man! Thank you so much for the info. Yay!! Checking it out now. :up: :heart:
  • Azn2101
    No prob man, I have never heard of them but it seems like those are the places/websites that are picking up the Carta and its accessories.
  • Zep4
    I just ordered mine:) :cool:
  • Azn2101
    Awesome man =) Hopefully they get shipped out in a timely fashion. If I didn't have a atomizer subscription I'd be on that...

I still might :grin:

Edit: Couldn't let FC have all the fun =) and I figure by the time everyone here has one or two they'll be gone.
  • Zep4
    I know the subscription is the way to go, but knock on wood, luckily I’m still on my first atomizer. Of course I bought a 3 pack for my Peak, whose faulty base got lost in the mail :yikes: when I tried to return it to Puffco for a replacement. Good old USPS fails me!!! Save those receipt s!
  • Azn2101
    Dude that's a serious bummer, my OCD would not be able to let that go. Especially at the price of those things. I'm surprised at how often it seems to be happening lately. It was my fault but I didn't ship a main accessory (power cord and extra screens. I know I'm dumber than rocks) and the buyer alerted me to them not recieving it a week later.

A week this member has gone without being able to use his new Vape. If they decide to let themselves be known they're a Zen master for putting up with me.

Anyways, I asked about the Atomizer failure rate and they said it was MUCH lower than they expected and more problems have arisen with the bases and Bluetooth syncing (also base) than atomizers so I'm very confident that with the rebuilt kits being released that most of us will need an atomizer once every time we drop it or it's just been allowed to be gunked for a long time.

It was an impulse buy based on not having ample time with the Atomizer but one I don't regret as having 2 Carta's in the house we'll definitely need a few extras you know =)
  • Zep4
    Perhaps I made a mistake when I told Matt at Puffco “Thank God I have my new flawless Carta to hold me til my new Peak base comes.” The post office is positive they had to have gotten it....but that is just one more reason not to deal with them anymore (Puffco...I WISH I could say post office, lol) I watched the lady scan the label as she took it, but a month later the tracking number still says “awaiting shippment” implying it has NOT been scanned. I tossed the receipt like a fool, walking out of the post office so now I have NO proof. Fortunately I had photographed the label so at least I had the tracking number. I will also get another Carta eventually. You lucky shit, haha. I have been very happy with my Puffco Pro2 wax pen, however, tho imho their much touted Plus sucks.
  • EconMan

You could be a "Puffco Calendar Girl" :love: :rofl:

Yeah, the USPS has upped its game from what it once was. Agree on the plus. :vomit:

I know I will NEVER be using flower with my carta or peak.

Going to post something later today on my judgement of their differences
  • Zep4
    ....a Puffco calendar girl..or an honest consumer!
  • EconMan

LOL :joke:
    Your reviews are always honest. :cool:

I just "enjoyed" the Carta, and now I need to enjoy the Peak. :nerd:

Wonder if their atomizers are interchangable?
  • Azn2101
    Thank God brother at least there's some form of recourse. Even if it might take some time but damn man you had me sweating! And that's actually really funny that you said that to the Puffco rep. Not anything against Puffco, just the situation of telling a company you're using their competitors product in the meantime. Hahaha. But ya maybe not the smartest considering how far they're willing to go to not refund in some cases.

Really looking forward to your conclusions EconMan. I'll let you know if that Riptide comes in =D
  • EconMan
    Ok, having a fun and lovely morning. Raining here so I'm listening and watching as I just enjoy....

However, I got so high just now I *just* mindlessly took a drink from the Carta. :scream:
    LOL. They should use that in their marketing... "A hit so good, you'll want to drink it (but don't)" :joke:

It didn't taste bad, but it was pretty fresh water.
  • Azn2101
    Dude I can't blame you! The way my table sits lower than my couch slightly so when your at any angle you can only see the glass attachment and it looks like the top of a old school Coke bottle and I think it is every time!
  • EconMan

Yeah, I upgraded my glass on the Peak, and it is like a sidecar design so hard to mistake for a beverage. But the Carta "spindletop" design (superior to the stock Peak) just had me naturally taking a swig.... lol :rofl:

I just grabbed the Carta instead of the glass of juice.....
  • Azn2101
    I just followed suit by taking a dab off my mini slab of nug run shatter (Slurricane) and noticed that today when I pulled the dab off it kind of acted more like a crumble. Did I leave it out too long over the period of time that I've had it? It was 5 grams and now is closer to 3. And been like 3 weeks of in & out of the fridge excuse the mess of it. I swear it's not as dirty as it looks...except when my Roommate decided to rest her reclaim scooper' s head smack dab in the middle leaving those dark circles.

20190608-091840.jpg

Did it lose potency? How do I properly store this much at a time cause when I recieve it by the 5/7/14 it's really gooey and hard to break up even while in the freezer resting on ice.

It's not live resin shatter but it was sticker than the LRS I have in the fridge now

Edit: I totally didn't mean to Cyber Rudely change the conversation about the start to your awesome day buddy. I jumped the gun by not saying "Damn EconMan, It's beautiful out here and man you would be a damn salesman the way you describe things. Making me want a dab now lol."

I really wanna upgrade this to the OJ Klein but it's our of stock and every time it comes in they get cleared in a few hours

Also been reading your Rosin press reviews and advice. Is it worth buying if I can get good Nug Run Live Resin Shatter or regular shatter for 6 or 7 g's at $130?
  • Triad
    Can somebody tell where to find carta app. Had downloaded a couple weeks ago and it didn't work so i figured I'd try again now maybe the updated it but can't find app .
  • Zep4
    idk where to get the app but I don’t have nor intend to get it. I have the Crafty app. Don’t use that either. Not necessary.
  • Zep4
    I get it off the parchment paper asa I can and into a silicone container. It can start sticking to the paper imo after a while. Then I refrigerate it if I don’t think I’ll get to it in a couple days.
  • Zep4
    I was hoping it would motivate them by mentioning the Carta so they don’t feel we have no other choices but alas...
  • Azn2101
    Ya I feel you, Sometimes you get that rep that wants to genuinely help and sometimes (more than often with PC it seems) you get that person who could give a flying crap.

I'm glad we're all enjoying it though =D

it depends on what OS you have. Android or Apple? Look up "FocusV"
  • EconMan

Doesn't usually lose potency in that short of time unless exposed to heat and light.

Yeah, the black burn marks, those have to go -- lol :)
    The consistency is certainly shattery and ALL shatter is to some degree "unstable" (loses its structure) so it is vulnerable to environmental variables (humidity, drying, heat, cold, etc). It's a relatively small amount, so I would store it in a convenient silicone container short term, and in a small glass jar (I buy them on amazon) for longer term. I use glass to store all my BHO derived products, including distillates, my preferred method now.

Re Rosin. It is just different. It just is. First, it is a mechanical separation. No chemicals of any kind. Second, it retains all the terps. Third, it "ages" well like cheese. I like mine about a week old, once it has "breathed" a bit and hardened up a bit. Fourth, unlike BHO, it really requires great bud. No trim, just isn't worth it. But if you got some good bud, a hit from a good Rosin squish is to die for. Most of the output is a function of the quality of the input.

I tried hard to get into squishing bubblehash -- the ultimate to many -- but I suck at making bubblehash so it's hard to squish it. :joke: But yes, "squishing" is simply fun. Rewarding too because it is so primal. You, some bud, some heat, some pressure, some scraping, some tasty hits.... :nerd:
  • Azn2101
    When you talk like that about Rosin (and I saw your post on the economics on the Puffco thread)
    Like that makes my nips get hard :rofl:

But ya that sounds way to far out of my comfort zone and will stick to buying concentrates, My roommate and her boyfriend are in the process of buying a set-up with a pump and gauge and bells and whistles....as long as she can only blow up her side of the place I'm cool with it.

Just took my first irresponsible dabs out of the Carta and I don't think I'll be awake much longer but man was it nice. Also leaving small puddles with the ruby terp pearls I there make no flavor difference in either the quartz or To for some reason or maybe I just have that bad of taste buds. Either way it's nice to not have to clean the insert every time cause there's literally like no residue at 598°F

Edit: The munchies are FOR REaL right now lol
  • Azn2101
    So it looks like the Repair kits are where they spent their time going good in r&d.

First dry herb & Repair Kit review on FC
  • EconMan
    I'm with @Gman... no flower is touching my Peak or Carta... the smell and taste gets into it and it takes a full cleaning (for me) to convert from one to another. :vomit:

So even if it works, I won't want one unless I have multiple units. Even my bongs I use for dabbing are never used for flower, vape or combustion.

My only exception I suppose is my FF2, where I use both (after a 2-min rigorous cleaning).
  • Gman
    luckily I have multiple units!!
  • Azn2101
    Anyone needing the IPhone version of the app it is available to sideload through the main website

https://www.focusvproducts.com/pages/carta-ios-app-install-guide
  • EconMan

Now that is a roundabout method! :gasp:
  • Startedat52

More like nuts! Till there is an app available through the App Store I’ll wait. Till then I’m having better success starting a cold dab on level two, then back to level one to finish off. Kind of like how you or someone else advised.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment