• KennyBosem
    My Mighty works great with a high temp silicone whip hooked up to a bong. The whip fits perfect into the 14mm bong. Using a one-way check valve on my whip prevents water backing up into my electronics if i cough or hack.

ebay: Food Grade Clear Silicone Tubing 5/16" I.D. X 7/16" - Temperature Rated to 500F

ebay: 3/8'' 10mm Inline One Way Check Valve Fuel Diesel Gas Liquid No Return Aluminium

s-l500.jpg

vape-bong-checkvalve.jpg

vape-checkvalve.jpg

checkvalve-whip.jpg
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    very smart idea with the check valve sir.
  • KennyBosem
    very smart idea with the check valve sir.Tyedyesamuraiguy

it's very affordable too.
  • KennyBosem
    I tried medical grade check valves but their flow rate and cracking pressure weren't as good as this one.
  • Startedat52
    What does the check valve offer or prevent?
  • LabPong
    hold vape higher than joint on rig.....no water....no need for a one-way valve to add in the vapor path.

Just ........ing
  • KennyBosem
    What does the check valve offer or prevent?Startedat52

it only allows air to flow one-way, so it prevents water in the bong from backing up into the vaporizer if you cough while you are hitting the bong. And saves you from bricking your vape device.
  • Startedat52

Ask and you will receive the answer, lol. Great explanation. Thanks!
  • KennyBosem
    hold vape higher than joint on rig..LabPong

That won't work if you cough.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    kennys gotta cough to get off :shade: lol
  • KennyBosem
    kennys gotta cough to get off :shade: lolTyedyesamuraiguy

FYI: Sometimes my lungs are sensitive to the vaping.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    im just razzing ya :razz: . Have you ever tried hot or warm water? Sounded strangre to me until i tried it, now its all i suggest and use.
  • KennyBosem
    im just razzing ya :razz: . Have you ever tried hot or warm water? Sounded strangre to me until i tried it, now its all i suggest and use.Tyedyesamuraiguy

i've never heard of that method before..
  • LabPong
    hold vape higher than joint on rig.. — LabPong

That won't work if you cough.
    KennyBosem

I see....hope that doesn't happen to you too often.

I am wondering if it could be better with a diff rig. Not sure how tall that glass is you have....looks maybe 10 inches tall.... nice super thick TAG (one of my favs) glass. Maybe a bigger inner chamber size and different perc might be able to be bigger to accommodate your whip setup better.

Just trying to help you get a better experience, not making you have to spend money. But it also depends on your feeling with the vapor quality you are getting.....ie taste and any harshness. I am pretty sensitive with taste and hot/harmlessness....so for me I would have a hard time handling the vapor from your setup. The mighty is strong for sure ....taste is medium...but the whip + added metal and other possible things in the check valve... are in the vapor path to disturb these elements of the vapor you get.

But some have no problem handling the "ok" taste or hotness/harshness from most average vapes.....I am just not in that camp.. :nerd:

EDIT....just saw this

FYI: My lungs are sensitive to the vaping.KennyBosem

Then you are like me....but there is also the feel and sensitivity in the throat as well...that is my bigger senstive area with so much continued hot air hitting it for a couple years now.

There are better experiences for you if you are so sensitive. First thing is....Glass glass glass. As much as can be will be the smoothest and best tasting too. So it is a win win situation....but harder to find a good setup mobile wise.....in home no problem...lots of good choices that are not too expensive.

To give you an idea....I use G43, Elev8r, Arizers mainly. They all have glass ovens and this is key. You want to remove as much metal or other elements (like silicone) in the vapor path as possible. I also need to go through water for 99% of my vaping besides distillate carts when I am out.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    the water is still cooler then the vapour, but the steam really lubracates things instead of drying you out. I have sensitiveish lungs as well. Since ive been using water right from the kettle i dont cough very often and if i do its not a painful dry one.

Its just like holding your head over a bowl of hot soup when your sick and inhaling that. Or a steam sinus cleanse kind of deal. It is most pleasant.
  • KennyBosem
    Its just like holding your head over a bowl of hot soup when your sick and inhaling that. Or a steam sinus cleanse kind of deal. It is most pleasant.Tyedyesamuraiguy

thank you for sharing the tip.
    I will give it a try.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    your welcome, i think you will enjoy. I really do
  • LabPong
    Def try some warm water....when I had a bad problem with a cold and could not vape for several days...warm water helped when I started back in....feels much easier on your system going down.
  • KennyBosem
    Def try some warm water....when I had a bad problem with a cold and could not vape for several days...warm water helped when I started back in....feels much easier on your system going down.LabPong

Thank you for the hot water tip! It definitely helped reduce cough fits.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment