• jungpunk420
    Dilemma folks...
    Which vape should I purchase on 4/20? The Ghost MV1, which I like for the on-demand feature, or the Mighty Mighty for just rock-solid performance? Help!
  • EconMan

Do you mostly need another convection or conduction vape in your collection?

Having used a Mighty several times now, I do so realize not having one is a hole in my particular collection.
  • jungpunk420
    @EconMan
    i picked up the Arizer Solo 2 on Black Friday last year and it's pretty rad, but I love the idea of being able to take on-demand hits when there are time restraints, and not roast your herb unintentionally... I have the latest version of the Boundless CFV, which is supposedly fully convection, and I love it! It is actually one of my favorite vapes and my first introduction to full convection. If the Ghost is anything like it, I think I'm leaning more towards it; plus you can get the fast charger and extra battery packs.
  • EconMan

MV1 it is. I got a Firefly2 instead of the MV1 and have been happy with it (about a year). But I like the MV1. THe crucible dispenser is a must for real portability. Quick reloads.
  • jungpunk420
    @EconMan
    I really wanted to love the FF2... but with all the issues people seem to have with it and the price for something that is so hit or miss, I couldn't pull the trigger on that one. I am glad yours works for you!
    Cheers!
  • acstorfer
    I have both. I love both. You haven’t given us any information for us to provide a helpful answer. That being said, Omnivap!
  • Stants
    Just picked up the ghost & signed up here

I've come from the boundless cfv & the ghost hits a lot harder, however I'm suffering some teething issues with the ghost hence why I've joined
  • erruve
    Hi Stants! I joined this forum first too, but it turns out this other forum is a bit more comprehensive. It has more info on vaping with feedback and reviews etc. Both forums are awesome communities :)

http://fuckcombustion.com/
  • Stants
    Thanks I'll have a look
  • Lucic and Chong
    since they're both awesome vapes, maybe choose the one that you can get a better deal on, it is 420 sales after all.

All things being equal though, I would probably choose the MV1.
  • Detroitvapes420
    Ghost for sure.. However I got my first dynavap my brother gave me his Karmavap and WOW it's amazing.. Wish I could find a vape with that smooth of a hit. Out of all the Vapes K have the Ghost Mv1 is the best for Portability.
  • McNuggetsTrip
    It really depends. How do you use your vape? Do you sit down and watch some shows with it ? Are you out and about most of the time and use it then? Questions like these will determine what type of functionality you need. I personally have the Air 2 and Ghost MV1 which satisfies both sides. With the MV1 as my daily driver and the Air 2 as lounging vape. I would really suggest the MV1. heads up this is biased since I've never tried the crafty before so take it with a grain of salt. The Mv1 is a pain in the ass! I had to say it. Without keeping this thing clean almost all the time you shouldn't expect top notch vapour to come out. Make sure your crucible lids are unclogged, heatsink is seated properly and clean enough where resin won't effect performance. If you get the mv1 I highly recommend the add-ons. The crafty on the other hand personally is put together better as a kit. While the Mv1 lacks with the long charge time and further purchases of a Fast charger and crucible dispenser. I don't know too much about the crafty so I'll keep my blabbing mouth shut aha :snicker: I'm not going to bother giving you the upsides. You will get the same answer with almost every video you watch online. Anyways I hope you find what's best for you. Stay frosty and have a good one buddy :victory:
  • Tdog420
    Mighty easily and i have 2 mv1s. I dont even touch them anymore for multiple reasons. I dont feel its very practical for heavy users. I can wipe out half of a crucible dispenser in one sitting myself. Also the fact that for good results you must stir which while on the go sucks.
  • iamdiosa
    I had a Ghost MV1 and have a Mighty. I like them both but both have/had deal breaker issues for me.
    The Ghost: Loved the full convection. On demand is cool. But I'm a heavier user and as @Tdog420 said, burning through multiple crucibles in a single sitting was just not my bag. BUT... You can easily temp step with the Ghost to really clean out the crucibles. (I didn't do that, I just set the two reds for higher temps). If the bowls were bigger, I'd have likely kept it. Cleaning was easy for me and I liked using concentrates in there.
    The Mighty: Bigger bowl. Good for sessions, sharing, etc. Dosing capsules are also convenient and a bit bigger than the Ghost's crucibles. The deeper clean is a PITA, not gonna lie. I'm not a fan of how you have to take the mouthpiece apart and the fact it's plastic so soaking in iso is pretty much out. I HATE that it only goes to 410F. This is a major deal breaker for me as I need the terps and such that are up there. I also start many of my sativas at 392, which means I don't have places to go with them. The Solo 2 and Mighty are pretty much neck and neck for performance, clouds, battery life (taste edge goes to the Solo, imho), but the bowl size for the Solo is smaller (hair bigger than the crucibles). Both extract pretty quickly. I can finish either bowl in under 5 minutes.

So honestly, it depends what you are looking to get out of each. Both are really great, both will get the job done, depending on what you are asking of them.
  • jungpunk420
    Thanks for all your comments and advice everyone!
    @Lucic and Chong
    I think i will see who's got the better deal on 4/20. If they are so neck and neck, then that should make my decision for me (Working smarter, not harder)! :wink:
    Cheers everyone!
  • acstorfer
    These threads are silly. They are based on a false premise. “Which vape should I purchase?” At it’s surface the question seems simple, but it’s far from being complete. The real question is, which vape to purchase first? I remember my search. All roads led to Mighty. Everything else I bought I knew I wasn’t stopping without a Mighty. With all that, don’t overlook the Crafty. I had one, and in many ways it was better. I only vape at home and battery life was my main concern so I stayed with Mighty. Still, the Crafty was realistically pocketable, usb chargeable, more comfortable, and less expensive. I only vape at two temps so my onboard display isn’t even useful.

I’m gonna say it again, if you don’t have a vapcap get one. Things made by Dynavap are really the only vapes I feel comfortable fully recommending. As far as I’m concerned my Omnivap XL has no failings. I still use a torch with it, and I still love it.
  • iamdiosa
    For me, Vapcaps have two failings - 1) being a one hitter/micro-doser. 2) torch powered. ;)
    I respect all the people that love Vapcaps, but those two things are a total non-starter for me. They look great though.
  • acstorfer
    Vapcaps have three bowl settings with titanium tips. I would only consider the shallowest setting as a microdose. There are induction heaters available for those who don’t like torches as well.
  • iamdiosa
    At the full bowl pack, how much actually fits? .1g, .15g? Assume medium grind and pack?
  • acstorfer
    Is say every slot is .05. So, .05, .1, .15
  • iamdiosa
    Gotcha - yep for me, that's a micro-doser. :) That's why I got rid of the Ghost and am frustrated with my Solo 2. Small bowl size. As a med patient, I need bigger. :(
  • acstorfer
    Biggest bowl I ever had was for my GPen Elite that I gave away. If I recall it held .75 grams. Jheez, not a great vape but damnnnnnn!
  • iamdiosa
    The Boundless CFX has a respectable bowl size. I can get .5g in there. My Ditanium also has a big bowl, and big flavor. Those are what I use for the most part. I wish there was a portable with varying bowl sizes that is easy to maintain, easy to use and just *works* and goes to at least 428. :) Apparently I'm a unicorn hunter. ;)
  • Dr green thumb
    The splinter v1 is a great convection option and depending on which stem you are using and how you load it will hold quite a bit.
  • iamdiosa
    Thanks!! I thought about that one. I opted for the StemPod to try first. I can see the Splinter may well be in there if this works out. But I saw how you can load the stems in various ways, and it's reasonably house portable. Hopefully this will be it!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment