• Stants
    Hello, I've searched here and googled but I can't get a definitive answer or close up enough picture so hopefully you guys & girls will be able to help me out,

I've had the ghost for about a week and all was great untll I've come to strip down and rebuild after a clean, i've noticed a small tear in the top of the gasket looks like a manufacturing defect, buts surely that shouldn't impact its performance

no matter what I try I cannot get the rubber gasket to seat correctly with the retaining cap in place, it will sit in the heatsink flush but as soon as I replace the cap it either lifts at either corner or the small cut out at the back raises up a couple of mm. It's almost as if it's too large and the cap just squishes out of sync,

I've raised a ticket with ghost but I understand it's a public holiday in the US? So it will be a few days before they reply, I'm at my wits end as I was really enjoying using it, now I hardly get any vapour at all on any temp,

Hopefully I've attached a picture (rubbish at this kind of thing)

But if anyone has any tips or tricks that will help out that would be great

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jKmUfkyzjNwXag4h9

If anyone got any better hosting sites than photo bucket that would also greatly be appreciated
  • OhHello
    It all only goes in one way, I had to really press mine hard to get it to seat... I held it against a flat surface. Can you post pics of how you are assembling it? You can test for leaks by putting the heat sink flat and firmly in the palm of your hand and blowing into it..if you can’t blow then there no leaks

I also snap one side in and then lift the other side down over until it snaps in place
  • Baron23
    tagging @GHOSTTEAM and @GhostVapesNerissa for you.

It’s a USA holiday today?? Not that I’m aware of??
  • VapeCritic
    Normal!

Push the silicone down REALLY hard before you try putting the top on, it's a PITA but you can get it to sit flush again.
  • martinstraka8282
    I had trouble as well, but you can get in there flush eventually!
  • Ctipp22
    Just suck and plug the holes to see how airtight is it
  • GHOSTTEAM
    Hi Everyone!

We are in fact not on vacation lol, but the jury is out on whether or not there's a holiday in the US today. Seems there's a new one every week! We've taken care of @Stants ... I'm not too sure if it's causing even a minute air bypass, but I'm a little concerned about the tear in the gasket so I thought it best to get ahead of the issue and send a couple out.

Thanks for the tips guys and gals and for always looking out for the community!

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • bgrpph
    i've had MV1 for > a yr now & with the new style gasket I also have not been able to get the top piece to fit totally tight against the heat sink- no matter what i try. The small lip on the top piece is always raised up a bit on mine also as in the OP pics. However when assembled & i put the bottom against my palm & suck on it- its absolutely air tight- so i've not been worrying about the small gap as it doesn't seem to have any leaks and works fine. I've 4 different complete heat sinks & they all fit this way with none of the tops sitting flush to heat sink when i use the new gaskets. But they don't leak air at all so i've not worried about it- I've tried many hard pushes on the gasket to get it lower so the top fits better but nothing works for me- the MV1 works fine like this though .
  • OhHello

Same as above...never sits right after first cleaning but also never an air leak
  • Stants
    Thanks again everyone for the help & info
    @GHOSTTEAM have been brilliant once again and however daft my questions are they have helped out, new gasket is on the way, should be with my by the end of the week,

I'll be ordering another heatsink for convienice as always good to have a spare or two,

Really impressed by how friendly the forum is considering I'm a noob here thanks again everyone !
  • Frosty1
    Yer I've found the same too. Probably no issue but if you want it to sit flush you need to almost tuck the gasket into the heatsink on the side where the heatsink has a cut out.
  • Stants
    @GHOSTTEAM gasket arrived this morning, massive thank you to virgil and the team, shipped from the US to UK in 2 days, one of the best companies I've delt with customer service wise
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment