• Ctipp22
    5xrprr1y8gqgqjyv.jpeg
    Anyone put anything together or add something to an already existing vape that you want to share with the forum? Airflow improvements, heating improvements and last but surely not least FLAVOR improvements.
  • Ctipp22
    c4i9rhhcb8f5ucg5.jpeg

Labpongs Elev8r coil hookup, just added some glass beads inside so it constricts the airpath a little and retains heat better. Still dialing this one a bit

#Frankenvapeclub
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @Ctipp22 saw your idea the other day, looks like a winner!

My glass convection vape kit, the Smokestack!!

• Ctipp22
    I like your ways of moving the hot parts :smile: I feel the smokestack should get a little attention. Probably better vapor quality of 90% of the dogshit out there.
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    Hay @Ctipp22 thanks. Its simple, effective, cheap and all the glass can be used for other things.

I like your idea with the e-coil and Elev8r. What temperature are you running the coil?
  • Ctipp22
    598 F half filled with glass beads, best I’ve used yet.
  • EconMan
    I've posted these separately before elsewhere, but it's a new thread and it is on topic so I will consolidate.

I suppose my most used "invention" is removing the tiny ss screen in the FF2 mouthpiece, something I tried my first week with it. Don't use fine grind, which shouldn't be done anyway, and you'll seldom if ever have a problem. I can count on my hand the times a "plant particle" got through without the ss screen.

I also enjoy using carts with a bong. (see pic below)
    I've figured out how to get THCa and other isolates into usable carts now, and can make my own "super carts" that are twice as strong, taste better, and at quarter of the net price.

Dab rigs. One little G43 bead makes quite the difference in the Puffco Peak, or any flat bottom banger. I use one now instead of the larger terp "pearls" in all my flat-bottom bangers/buckets. Keep that oil out of the corners and edges !!

Cart Bong
    yz3ti9sqcng4rj7j.jpeg

Lastly, I need to learn more about the elevator..... I can see that even as parts, it can open up some options! :cool:
  • LabPong
    I need to learn more about the elevator.EconMan

Yes you do.....you really do..... :wink:
  • EconMan

Yep. Honestly, a year ago it scared me and other shiny things caught my eye. But it seems to check so many of my treasure boxes. Glass, glass, glass = taste, taste, taste

I predict a dabbed out purchase soon (I should NOT be permitted, by law, to online shop after I've dabbed) :joke:

Edit:
    Technically, it is against the law for me to shop high. :rofl:
  • LabPong
    Edit:
    Technically, it is against the law for me to shop high. :rofl:
    EconMan

Ok.....order just after you have gotten up for the day.....use coffee, tea, or what ever non-thc product prior to turning PC on. Then simply shop with clear concise attentions and do not fall victim to impulse items prior to checkout!

:point:
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @Ctipp22 that seems pretty good for lack of heat loss.

@EconMan I understand from the rosin thread that you are not using any thinners in your carts? I wanted to make some oil usable in an e-liquid atomizer but did not want to use VG or PPG.

I can't tell you guys how may times I have woken up and said "WTF did I buy last night?". Luckily its usually tools and not very expensive. LOL. Stoned shopping late at night is dangerous!!
  • Dr green thumb

Shopping is dangerous online while stoned and so is visiting taco bell and having to pay $43 for food for just yourself.
  • BestBuds
    I am so damn happy to know I'm not the only one here who has fallen victim to SWV (shopping while vaped). But my Elev8r was a stoned purchase and it's one of my favorite vapes.

Not a modification, but I have been using the drydrotube with the G43 and eNano. That was pretty fun. I just got a Lotus for 420 so I'm obsessed with that for now.
  • MothChewMoth
    @Dr green thumb how does $43 at taco bell even happen? I overeat with their $5 box deal...
  • BobCat
    Shopping is dangerous online while stoned and so is visiting taco bell and having to pay $43 for food for just yourself.Dr green thumb
    Does that price include the needed toilet paper?
  • SourMalk
    Not so much an invention, nor an original idea whatsoever, but I've been tinkering with Dynavap stems, they're super simple to make and don't look too bad either. It's good to fulfill the VAS by just going and turning a new stem.

I'm by no means an expert, and consider myself better at turning bigger projects, but I'm starting to get the hang of the small detail work.

If you're like me, the Dynavap M is absolutely amazing vaporizer, but sometimes the hits are just a little too rough on the throat. So I thought making a stem longer (hence a little more heat diffusion) would help cooling the vapour.
    I wasn't wrong, my next endeavour is going to be a Gandalf Pipe style Dynavap stem.

va8coluamgfza06g.jpg
  • EconMan
    If you're like me, the Dynavap M is absolutely amazing vaporizer, but sometimes the hits are just a little too rough on the throat.SourMalk

Awesome!
    So odd. I used a friend's M, and hated it. Stayed away from Dyna ever after. Then I tried a Omni TiXl, and love it.
  • acstorfer
    I wasn't wrong, my next endeavour is going to be a Gandalf Pipe style Dynavap stem.SourMalk

Just stay away from my Picard’s flute idea! Damn, I can’t wait until I’m caught up with my bills!

i5nxrhhkpki4zn38.jpeg
  • EconMan

Over morning coffee and G43 time ritual, I read this and learned new urban slang -- douche flutes. :rofl:

Vapers say the problem lies with the representation of the culture. “Vaping is literally saving lives, but society loves to poke fun at our ‘douche flutes’,” says Nick Green, a former Starbucks taster who quit caffeine for vaping

Squonkers, drippers and cloud chasers: ​the rise of vape culture
  • acstorfer
    ”Vaping is literally saving lives, but society loves to poke fun at our ‘douche flutes’”EconMan

Considering that I’m going on about wanting to suck on Captain Picard’s flute, the term ‘douche flute’ is really phuckin’ tame. Yup, I can live with ‘douche flutes’.

Be sure to check out Bud’s video on how vapists look like a bunch of loser idiots. Okay, he’s kinder with the wording.
  • Mangu
    Dude that thing is awesome! Have you had any issues with the “cap” cracking from heating with a torch or any concerns? Next vape purchase is the Smokestack for me! Only problem is I just got my G43 and have put everything else away in a box.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    everybody has heard at sometime that its healthier. I think the people that rag on us the hardest secretly want to vape the most buy they dont know how to start and sometimes have already drawn first blood because its so different and foriegn to them.

I find it to be really conserving too. The other day i was talking about my firefly with a buddy at work before the shift, i mentioned how conserving it was and then somebody that wasnt even a part of the conversation tells me that "that is so stupid you sound like my friend that would make a whole E last a week" its like excuse me how did i go from conserving an expensive extract to a pill fiend?
    Ill tell you its straight jealousy hes old school and smokes dirt weed. I get my shatter for really cheap and he thinks its a waste of money. Its almost like he is incapable of rational thought or something and just because i do things differently then him all of a sudden im less then human somehow. He completely lacks the concept that i spend almost the same amount as he does maybe less and i thoroughly enjoy myself.
    I guess i would hate vaping too if it was just going to taste like horse food :lol: guys my friend but he tottally cranks me up
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @Mangu I have gone through 3 heater caps in one year. One I dropped and the other two broke from heat. One just developed a crack and the other I broke while trying to get it out of the bowl when it was really hot. I expect to go through 2 a year. I'm going to offer replacement caps and bowls for less than $10 shipped.

@EconMan thank you for introducing me to the term "Douche Flute". My life will be forever more interesting and my language more colorful.

I love that you can make a stem out of anything for a VapCap!
    50y9b9ft6jjaj22b.jpg
    4mx5zmp5gafvohm5.jpg
    dipnurrnj451ohmf.jpg
  • BestBuds
    @The Rogue Wax Works I didn't buy a Smokestack, but I did have all the parts and so I gave it a go. :100:

I will say this: If you are interested in some of the best tasting butane vapes out there like lotus, Elev8r, and a few others. You must try this Smokestack. It's a cheap alternative to those other butane vapes but it delivers. It's tasty vapor that will knock you on your arse and leave a nice light tan/sun scorched grass colored avb. AND! It will vape crumbs. Great idea
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @BestBuds THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I'm not a shameless self promoter nor do i trust those who are. But this thing rips!! Build your own or buy it from me. This thing is not a gimmick!!
  • Ctipp22
    You need the Elev8r
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    just a thought but have youconsidered using the sticky brick whip adaptors? Its a thicker glass, which might hold up to the heat a lil better.
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @SouthboundPachyderm I have used other whip adapters and they all seem to have a similar design which is to have a really big opening on the whip end. The Q glass is the only one I can find with a really small opening to help constrict air flow. As it is the draw restriction is wide open. There is a sweetspot where the screen gets just clogged up enough, lol.

I found that the more the cap restricted the air, the better performance. Believe me I want(ed) to get away from using the Q glass if possible, unfortunately it works the best.

I would really like to have a heater custom made, someday.

On the note of airflow and restriction, I have ordered a 14mm J Hook and an 18 to 14 connector to see if it changes the vapor.
  • SourMalk
    Another creation I made today! Still far from perfect by any means but definitely improving.

dhvmvzy5xco68wy9.jpg
    ptm40r44d48akq4l.jpg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube