• The Rogue Wax Works
    Thought i would share this simple hack for using a reclaim drop down as a carb for your dab rig.

These are cheap on DHgate.

3k89lrd4hqu4906m.jpg
    8c7viw5alh51yiw9.jpg
  • EconMan

What a great notion! I like the ability to carb midstream. Using the carb cap to adjust the intensity of the vapor cools the banger down. I must tinker with this idea! :cool:
  • LabPong
    What a great notion! I like the ability to carb midstream. Using the carb cap to adjust the intensity of the vapor cools the banger down. I must tinker with this idea! :cool:EconMan

Which is why I have drilled out almost all my medium and large glass pieces .....with a OG carb hole.

21-QBCPVdb.jpg

15-e-Tqhj-EN.jpg

WINNING! lol
  • EconMan

I need to do this, and if I break my rig I am going to sue you! :nerd:
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @LabPong thats awesome and you are a brave man!!
  • LabPong
    LabPong thats awesome and you are a brave man!!The Rogue Wax Works

Nawwww...not brave...just a tinkerer and not scared to use power tools. haaaa

Actually, since I was young I could not stand it if I was not allowed to take stuff apart. I needed to see how things worked at a young age. Since then....I have destroyed, rebuilt, redesigned, made better, fixed.....many things in my life and others....lol

I need to do this, and if I break my rig I am going to sue you! :nerd:EconMan

All you need is a 3/16th's diamond (for ceramic and glass) bit from a big box store.

Put glass in a bucket filled with water that just covers the area you are going to drill.

Mark a spot with some masking tape and in X on it. Then submerge glass and start drilling........but most importantly.....DRILL SLOWLY. Usually takes me 15-20 mins or so to get through that 4-5mm thickness. Take a few breaks in between every 5 mins or so.

If I had a drill press and setup the rig below it so it wont move.....that would be the ticket! :wink:

*Warning, this action may cause harm or even death. You should not use a drill with a diamond bit if you:
    A. are unable to go more than 10 mins without vaping....
    B. are unable to concentrate more than 20 seconds....
    C. do not have safety equipment like eyeglasses, helmet, fire extinguisher, eye cleansing station, mental health experts on duty, surgical and trauma professionals on duty, or have up to date health insurance coverage.
  • EconMan

I've torched holes into glass before but never drilled into it. Very cool !

https://www.familyhandyman.com/tools/drills/how-to-drill-a-hole-in-glass/
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    Ok this is more of an art project than innovation.

zsdrlggrw163y0bi.jpg
    20kip3odqj4f8nh6.jpg
    legzyvv03u80woox.jpg
    6u1fhfn0j4rx7j9o.jpg
    jimamd7xsq5cim2d.jpg
    8lhfuu7mgx6564e4.jpg
    3n7q79ikx658pdel.jpg
  • Pakalolo2
    Sweet! Beautiful woodwork,
  • UbarDog

I like it, But it also confuses me. What is it when its "not" a Stem ? Infact .... Are they Stems or just storage for ya vaps ?

20190211-182350.jpg

Here is some of my unskilled tinkers

20190302-150655.jpg
  • Pakalolo2
    To my unskilled eyes, nice work by-the-way, from left to right you have a stem, stem + storage and a G43 storage box. :cool: Good work Dog, looks like a fun project!
  • UbarDog

Scrapwood challenge!
  • Pakalolo2
    Dude! If only I had the tools and time to make that happen! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I will have to live vicariously thru you guys and gals for now. :cool:
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @UbarDog yah just a big stem and a way to store it that doesn't look like paraphernalia.

I like your stuff. What size is the middle glass stem?
  • UbarDog

Ty dude . Its from a little hydrotube I got for the IQ. Its a 10F-14M With a tiny bit of Grade 2 Ti sanded down for a 9 to 10mm slope.

I had to put it in there because the cap hits the rim of glass otherwise. I could try another o ring but its good as is.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    I do some serious tinkering with my flip brick. Its not my most used vape but it is my favorite for sure! Lots more of this on the flip brick thread :joke: olf218hvwbtfcdt4.jpg
    32dqwrs1ng0udrh0.png
    The flip brick limited only by your imagination :love:
  • beezee420
    what temp you running
  • Ctipp22
    coil is on 640 for bong 585 for wand.
  • SourMalk
    So today my Portside Mini came in the mail, and I decided to celebrate with a new stem.

It's a nice piece of oak and trust me the grain looks wayyyy better in person.

7afd5h8vuvi0ewxq.jpg
    gdryv973j29xli1t.jpg
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @SourMalk Your stem looks really good! That grain looks great in the photo.
  • SourMalk

Thanks!
    I just ordered some stainless steel tubing so I can start experimenting with fitting condensers into my design. It shouldn't be long before they start really looking professional (inside and out).
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    Cool. So you are making a condenser like the DV one? Do you notice a difference with and without a condenser? i like the idea of no condenser with wood to get some of the flavor. If you are going to slip a condenser in there would you also maybe be able to slip just the mouthpiece from the Ti XL in it?
  • SourMalk

Personally I love using the condenser and airport. The video dynavap posted a few days ago inspired me to bust out my M again and try it out. I now have a piece of rolling paper wrapped around the airport with a small hole pierced in it so I get the perfect hit every time.

As for my design, right now I'm thinking I'll line the inside of the wood with 8mm inner diameter stainless tubing. Then i can make either standard or XL length custom stems, that will fit a standard dynavap condenser and o-rings.

An alternative, is creating my own condenser so that I can choose the length of my stem (versus being constrained by the two dynavap lengths). This way I can make a stem of any length, that will still have a functioning condenser and airport. I personally have been more fond of a longer and bulkier stem, so this method would be really neat to perfect.

It'll all take some tinkering around and figuring out. I do still love the airpath being all wood, as it just soaks up the good juices and is basically zero maintenance. But it eliminates the possibility of a properly functioning "airport".
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @SourMalk Ok, The "airport" is the carb hole. I have closed all mine and dont use it. Sounds like you are going to have some cool stems when you are done.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    I now have a piece of rolling paper wrapped around the airport with a small hole pierced in it so I get the perfect hit every time.SourMalk

Even if its not your idea im giving you credit!
  • SourMalk

I believe I originally got the idea from Vapelife X on YouTube. He has some very entertaining and educational videos.
    Credit where credit is due :D
  • SourMalk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MG43molwP14

This is where I pulled inspiration from to start using the carb again (although George explains how it's not actually a carb in the video).

I haven't been let down by the results.
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @SourMalk very interesting. I stand corrected, lol. I will try and play with it a little more. I figured it just thinned out the vapor by adding air.

So that was the "Airport". I would love to hear his explanation of use with and without the condenser.

Yah, I really like Vapelife X. I want to go vape some bowls with him.
  • SourMalk

I believe the condenser causes the fresh air to be moved closer to the tip before going straight into your mouth. That is what creates the "turbulence" George describes.

I had the same thought at first, I didn't want any extra air "thinning" out my hit, but I've found the results to be the opposite. It blew my mind at first how big of a hit you can get.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment