• gildp67
    So I just installed the latest vers of the Pax app and now I can no longer connect to the Vape. Anyone else having this issue? Anyone have any ideas as how to fix this issue?
  • LabPong
    I heard of some that had issues when the update happened last week or so (3.0)...then just yesterday I got another update 3.0.1(99). I only use the Era....but had no issues with either updates.

I believe the 3.0.1 was supposed to fix the issue with connections.
  • gildp67
    Ya have the latest and still no go. Pax has really failed on this one, not sure how they managed to release such a bad vers of this app but they should be ashamed. Not impressed at all.
  • LabPong
    It may not be everyone that has issue with the latest update. I know some said their Era would not connect too....but like I said...it is not every one as mine works fine through both updates.

Can you uninstall and reinstall to see if anything changes?

Did you contact Pax?
  • Señor Negro
    That's basically why I don't auto-update any phone app :scream:

I have 2.4.2 and felt no need to update it, so I have no problem. But thanks for the info :up:

Pax is a renowed company so I'm sure that if you still have any issue they will fix it :100:
  • LabPong
    That's basically why I don't auto-update any phone app :scream:Señor Negro

which is why I have "app extractor".....I save all my main working apps...(maybe 20 or so). This has saved me so many times.
  • BudsofWar
    the issue appears to be fixed
  • LabPong
    the issue appears to be fixedBudsofWar

So funny....while going to bed last night and watching some NHL playoff action.....I got a 3rd Pax update. So this was the 3rd one in about a week or so. Hope everyone's Pax's are working again.
  • BudsofWar
    and another update this morning :rofl:
  • LabPong
    ↪LabPong
    and another update this morning :rofl:
    BudsofWar

haaaaaa I woke up to it as well.....

Even if they have a few issues with an app update not working well.....I love how they respond fast. That is a good thing!
  • BudsofWar
    it's good to know that they're on the ball....
  • LabPong
    So on the ball they are.... #4 update this morning. :eyes:
  • EconMan
    So on the ball they are.... #4 update this morning.LabPong

Can someone spell "P r o j e c t M a n a g e m e n t" LMFAO

APPS are the bane of so many companies... they get into it without knowing the ongoing overhead and deal with the devil that is required.
  • gildp67
    Still nothing but complete garbage, not working here. Have written to them a few times now. They keep asking if the updates are helping, and I keeping telling them its useless. Not impressed to say the least, this whole issue has been actually making my anxiety worse.
  • Dr green thumb

One last thing to try, is to reset the PAX back to its default setting by following these steps: Turn PAX 3 on Long press power button to enter temperature setting mode Hold PAX "long ways" (oven in right hand mouthpiece in left) Rotate the PAX away from you 10 times
  • LabPong
    I saw there was another update a few days ago....hope that and a reset helps your vape gildp67.
  • gildp67
    well after a reset, and updates. Nope still complete and utter Garbage.
  • Señor Negro
    As you keep saying it doesn't work but Pax hasn't updated their app since 3 May I decided to take the plunge and update it to see if it works for myself. :chin:
    But not after making a backup as suggested. :sweat: . Thank you Lab :wink:

And, I have to say, that it works even better than the version I had (2.4.2) as it doesn't act as weird as it was before. :up:
    The first time I re-paired my phone with my Pax required the same weird stuff it did before (it required a specific order on what to turn on first: Not 100% sure but I think that was 1 phone app and 2 turn on Pax if I can recall it correctly) but once paired I do not have to worry about that order anymore because it will connect either way.
    So, for me, it's a clear advantage over the older version. :ok:

I don't know why it doesn't work for you but qualifying an app that doesn't work just for you "utter garbage" doesn't sound fair to me. Specially considering that you do not require the app for the Pax to work.
    I actually have not used the app for months because after the initial hype to experiment all options available it doesn't seem that usefull (at least to be used constantly).

So, assuming you have a non-fake unit I can't see why it does not work for you. I can only suggest that you should contact Pax Labs customer service (not the app store) to fix the problem for you.
    By the way, I still have my old version apk file if you want to install it. As I said before it's a 2.4.2v that should work perfectly fine. Just give a shout and I will attach the apk file.

PD: Are you sure you have gps enabled on your phone when trying to connect to your Pax? Sound weird but seems like it's required for advanced bluetooth conectivity (as it did on my 2.4.2v).
  • gildp67
    Hearing lots of complaints from others as well, seems to be mostly Android devices. I get what your saying about being a bit harsh, but for what I spent I do expect a product that works. And the old vers of the app was rock solid with no issues. I understand that coding can be a pain as well. But since I can not run out and buy a new vape and how much I used to love my pax, the frustration has gotten to me.
  • gildp67
    And yes location is turned on, have tried everything that Pax suggested as well as other users to no avail again just adding to my frustration.
  • Señor Negro

Most, if not all the coments on app store about Pax app not working are older than the last version released on May 3. So I would assume they did not try after that last update or they just did not updated their coments.

Here's the apk backup I made of my old version app:

PD: I have not tried it myself as I don't want to go back the old version, so please tell me if you find any trouble installing it.

EDIT: I know I've already said this but you don't need the app for the Pax 3 to vape so I still can't see why this is such a big deal :roll:
    Attachment
    PAX_com.pax.app[1].apk (24M)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube