• warren0728
    like the title says ... i just picked up a milaana 1.5 maple with purpleheart ... it is in perfect condition! i have noticed that the milaana 1.5 heats up way faster than my 2 ... i can see the heater glowing red in 8-9 seconds on the milaana 1.5 and i don't see the 2 glowing red til after 30 seconds (and then it is still faint compared to the 1.5)

i noticed it's easy to char the herb in the 1.5 and i don't think i've ever come close to charring in the 2.

is this normal or do i have a 1.5 that's getting too hot or a 2 that isn't getting hot enough?

any thoughts?

milaana1-5-01mine.jpg
  • LabPong
    Did'nt they make a change in the heater.....like V2 or something....like the Splinter or Splinter Z difference? The newer one takes slightly longer to heat up but holds the heat better. Maybe this is the case...
  • Dr green thumb

I do not have a 1.5 but I have two Mi2 and the heater behaves slightly different between the two. @Otherside may be able to answer this.
  • warren0728
    there is a pretty big difference in my 1.5 and my 2 ... i could char the herb in the 1.5 (have come close several times) and i don't think i've ever come close to charring in the 2.
  • AsUwish
    I have both and can confirm the same on my end. My Mi2 takes a little longer to heat soak for sure and zero charring. Of course that depends on how long you hold down the trigger button as well.
  • Other Side
    Yes there has been some different "tuning" over the years so speed to heat up could be impacted better or worse.
  • warren0728
    cool that’s what i figured ... i really like the 1.5 ... been using it all day!
  • ssaucyc515
    hey warren.... I have that exact same milaana 1.5.... and it is beastly.... almost like my zion.... I only found this thread cause I was Google searching milaana 1 pictures lol. I wonder if I have yours if you got rid of it? It is MUCH stronger than my 2
  • warren0728
    i still have my 1.5 and i actually sent the 2 to ryan to check out because it was running really cold and when i got it back from him it was like a different vape ... i love it!

as for my 1.5 i’ve started using a second screen on the stem (one rimless screen inside the stem and a rimmed one to cap the stem with the herb in between ) and it mellowed it out just enough!

i wouldn’t mind getting a 1 as well but honestly the 3 being made in china doesn’t do anything for me ... just my opinion
  • LabPong
    i wouldn’t mind getting a 1 as well but honestly the 3 being made in china doesn’t do anything for me ... just my opinionwarren0728

$135 for the 3......did something to me...lol
  • mmx
    $135 for the 3......did something to me...lolLabPong

haha, same. I always wanted one and im getting it for christmas. gift to myself. well done :lol:
  • Terpenetime
    being made in china doesn’t do anything for mewarren0728

Assuming that the components are correctly specified I can’t see that having it assembled in China will make any difference whatsoever, other than possibly (hopefully) preventing the demise of RBT.

$135 for the 3......did something to me...lolLabPong

Me too! You can still buy brand new Mi2’s in the UK for the equivalent of $320, so the Mi3 is a total no-brainier at the pre-launch price.
  • warren0728
    "Assuming that the components are correctly specified I can’t see that having it assembled in China will make any difference whatsoever, other than possibly (hopefully) preventing the demise of RBT."

i agree ... but for me (again as i said before ... my opinion) what drew me to the milaana was the fact that it was handmade by one guy/artisan ... so for me (my opinion) what drew me to the milaana is no longer there ... my milaana 2 is one of my favorite vapes and i use the 1.5 a lot too.

hopefully this move will allow ryan to generate some cash flow and hopefully free up his time to build some more handbuilt vapes ... those i will be interested in!
  • Terpenetime
    i agree ... but for me (again as i said before ... my opinion) what drew me to the milaana was the fact that it was handmade by one guy/artisan ... so for me (my opinion) what drew me to the milaana is no longer there ... my milaana 2 is one of my favorite vapes and i use the 1.5 a lot too.

hopefully this move will allow ryan to generate some cash flow and hopefully free up his time to build some more handbuilt vapes ... those i will be interested in!
    warren0728

I get that. To be fair, if I had an Mi 1.5 and a 2, I probably wouldn’t be interested in having a 3 as well either. I’m waiting patiently in line for a Nomad so I had decided not to buy a Milaana as they are so similar in concept. However, at that price I caved and let VAS get the better of me :monkey:
  • warren0728
    i'm on the nomad list too lol ... you will love your milaana ... it's a great device
  • Vapster707
    al5o54nokjl7eqy7.jpg

Now this thing is so sweet almost no heat ... DDave mod cooling stem ... Came with a bunch of baskets ...
  • LabPong
    Now this thing is so sweet almost no heat ... DDave mod cooling stem ... Came with a bunch of baskets ...Vapster707

I'm a Mi3 shipping waiter......lol

That Ddave cooling stem looks nice.....will it work with water...or only ment to be used dry?

I will have to check it out before the Mi3 is shipped.....it will fit the Milaana 3 ok? Sorry, I have no experience with any RBT so far.
  • Vapster707
    I've been thinking about pre ordering tha MI3 still unsure ... Other vapes I'd like to get up dates about first ...

Ddave cooling stem is very nice and I feel almost no heat using it dry ... I did wonder about water also but haven't tried it ... It looks very hard to get a 100% dry ...
  • Dr green thumb
    8vc8m4ne8nrrlpdx.jpg

The ddave mouthpiece cools the vapor noticeably I've tried it with water but it did not make a large enough difference to keep using that way. I've always driven this stem the white glove treatment as it feels more fragile than my other cooling stems.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment