• LuckyVape
    If you like to get more then one strain at a time or more then you'll be able to vape in a moth or so, then you need to store it right to keep it fresh.

I bought Bodeva packs that are 62% RH (relative humidity), and as long as the temp in the room was between 60%-70%, they work very well. My problem is, I store all my vape stuff in our spare bedroom which is now a computer room. It gets very hot in this room as we live on the third floor, corner apartment facing south and west. We have a so-so air conditioner which is located in the living room and that is down a hll and around a corner.

Lately, the temp in this room is now as high as 26%C. My Bodeva packs will have to work real hard to keepo the bud at 62%RH, and I will soon need fresh ones. I really need to find a way to keep my buds stored at cooler temps- how do I do this? Any ideas would be appreciated.

i looked at mini fridges, but they don;t seem to solve my problem. There just is no cool place in my apartment. I thought there might be some kind of storage container taht could keep my buds stored at the right temp for them, but so far, can't find anything.

Summer heat is coming and I sure would like to find a solution.
  • acstorfer
    How about vacuum sealed mason jars?
  • LuckyVape
    I need to control the temperature as it gets too hot. I thought of a wine refrigerator. That just might work. If nyone knows anything about that, i'd like to hear. I am looking into possibly getting one.
  • MrGreen
    Google cigar humidor with temperature control.
  • LuckyVape
    startedat52 is that both temp controlled and humidity" if so, whaty is it called and how can I look it up? Thanks in advance.

MrGreen, Humidors that are temp controlled aqs well as humidity, from what I have found, are too expensive. If I can help it, I don't want to spend more then $200. I found a wine cooler that is under $200 and that is why i am talking about a wine cooler.
  • Dr green thumb

The problem with modern refrigerators is that they are designed to remove excess moisture. That is why purpose built humidity and temperature controlled humidors are expensive.

Whynter CHC-122BD Elite Touch Control $199 Stainless Cigar Cooler, Black Humidor One Size https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FSERAXW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Chf0Cb2RHK88E
  • LuckyVape
    Dr Green thumb, you bring up a good point- fridges do suck up the moisture and that would interfere with the moisture in the buds.

There is a cannabis humidor at our BC Government online store, but it's over $400! Too rich for me.
  • LabPong
    LuckyVape....just get some CVault stainless containers. They have a pocket in the lids to put the boveda or other packs in. I use those or big glass jars with the boveda packs taped to the lid or top areas that do not allow the flower to touch it.

2lids-off-2-1024x685.png
  • okla68m
    Is there a Problem letting the packs touch product ?
  • LabPong
    ↪LabPong
    Is there a Problem letting the packs touch product ?
    okla68m

I have found there is a light smell....maybe just the outer packaging? Not sure...but I do notice a smell from boveda packs when I used them in smaller containers...with say 3.5- 7g in it where the flower was directly touching the packet that was placed on the outside edge of the container.....which was glass.

Bovita pack taped to lid controls the humidity, dark closet controls the temperature, lol.
  • Papic914
    I have noticed that my buds have lost a little of there taste. In my 7g jyarz maybe i will look into those cvault cans for at home storage and have the jyarz for on-the go transport.
  • okla68m
    I have a couple Boveda's that have something HARD inside...these are 62% packs...not all have it...out of 20, maybe 4...haven't cut one open to see WTF. Any Clue ?
  • LuckyVape
    i do use boveda packs. but the temps are now srating to get real high and I have no way of controlling the temp. And this is myu problem.
  • okla68m
    I wouldn't think Glass Jars placed in the Crisper would be a problem...dont know any moisture would be removed if inside a glass jar and that would eleminate the temp problem....or....a $200 Humidor, lol !
  • LabPong
    LabPong
    I have a couple Boveda's that have something HARD inside...these are 62% packs...not all have it...out of 20, maybe 4...haven't cut one open to see WTF. Any Clue ?
    okla68m

Okla...that is an old pack...the material on the inside is going bad and it gets hard like that. I believe there is a way to bring them back some......google that and you will find it.

I have got brand new CVaults with bad packs......only because they sat around so long.
  • LuckyVape
    The crisper would be too cold. Between 60%F - 70%F are the perfect range for cannabis.

C Vaults don;t control temps, do they?
  • LabPong
    C Vaults don;t control temps, do they?LuckyVape

No....unfortunately heat is the biggest enemy with preserving things plant like.
  • LuckyVape
    I'm back to the wine cooler idea. You can set the tempo as high as 64%F, which is a good range for buds, and you can use Bodeva packs for the RH. Why wouldn;t that work? I can get something like this for under $200.
  • Dr green thumb
    the electric humidor I listed above is only $199 why buy something else designed for wine?
  • LabPong
    That humidor looks nice......you can put wine in the wine color at some point...lol

Id go with which one draws less power.
  • LuckyVape
    Dr Green, I have looked a few times and an't find your post that shows me the electric humidor. Can you give me a link to it please? Oh, and I am in Canada, so if it is U.S. $'s, then you have to add another 38% or so.

I did find the one drawback to the wine cooler I am looking at- they operate best in a stable temp environment. So the heat in the summer will make it work a lot harder and it may not function as well.

Boveda packs can be recharged! Well at least once because that’s only as many times I have done it so far.
    Mine were as hard as a rock and were like a pouch of water after. Put them in a sealed container with a separate water source.
    299u2a8or0g65zb6.jpeg
  • MrGreen
    Google mini refrigeration unit
  • LuckyVape
    So I ahve come to the conclusion that my hot computer room will not be conducive to using either a wine cooler or humidor, as they both require a more stable, cooler environment to work well.

I then thought about cooling down the room as the solution. Looking at evaporative coolers, i got very confused. at first, I thought they might be the solution, but the more I read, it made me wonder if they even work to bring down the temps or will they just put moisture in the air and make it too moist thus causing a mold problem.

We do have AC in the living room but that is down a hall and around a corner, so it doesn;t cool the computer room at all. I could try direction the cooler air via fans to push the cool air towards the computer room. That is about where I am with my dilemna.

Startedat52, that is interesting about refreshing the Bodeva packs...will have to try that.
  • Dr green thumb

Do not use an evaporative cooler around computers. The cooler uses cool moist air to bring the temperature down. That cooler works well in hot dry climates but will quickly corrode the internal parts of a computer. If the room has any windows you can set up a portable air conditioner. Can you store your flower in another room?
  • LuckyVape
    None of the rooms get that much cooler...but i guess a little cooler is better then not. as for a window air conditioner...we live in a coop apartment building and they may not want us to do that. good point about the moisture and computers, I already thought about that myself as another negative for that as a solution.
  • LuckyVape
    I was able to purchase a second hand, portable air conditioner from two floors down in our partment. It does have one hose that vents out of the window, but is no big deal.

i am hapopoy to report, it is working well to cool down the room. Now, I need to wait for the first electric bill to see how much it is costing.
  • Daniel659
    Use mini-fridges, they will work on electricity and always maintain the right temperature. Inside it will be possible to install the lamp.
  • LabPong
    Use mini-fridges, they will work on electricity and always maintain the right temperature. Inside it will be possible to install the lamp.Daniel659

You would create a mold environment that way. Just use room ac or get a humidor for cigars. Never put your flowers in a frig or freezer...keep them above 50F... to 65F for long term storage if you have to.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment