• okla68m
    Is this out yet ?

2qfpsc1n3xhjlaop.jpg
  • LabPong
    Should be very soon....not sure if just a week or more....but soon.
  • SourMalk
    I believe they said the 28th. Vaporizer Wizard has a written review up.

www.vaporizerwizard.com/firefly-2-plus-vaporizer-review/

Based on this I'm not too impressed, but I'll never know until I try it.
  • VapeCritic
    IMHO

The performance difference between the Firefly 2 and Firefly 2+ is barely noticeable, if at all. Blindfolded I would make a wager that no one could tell the difference.

The oven screen looks exactly the same to me, the holes look to be the same size as before, if they are larger it is by such a miniscule amount that it's not worth mentioning, and thus the draw resistance feels the same.

To me, this is the same vape with a plus sign after it.

IMHO
  • mmx
    Shame..
  • EconMan
    The performance difference between the Firefly 2 and Firefly 2+ is barely noticeable, if at all. Blindfolded I would make a wager that no one could tell the difference.VapeCritic

Thanks. That was my suspicion. I think they ran out of their batch, and to combat fakes, and to give them a face-saving excuse to lower their price.
  • fatbiker
    I think you are right. I was so hoping for something special. Time to recharge the Mighty.
  • LabPong
    At least we can soon buy batteries and external chargers soon when the + is released.
  • xaced
    The plus is available on the website along with accessories. The lids don't say they're compatible with the 2 and there are no 2 lids on the website. Other than the extra glass window meant for the logo, I'm not sure why it wouldn't work.
  • fatbiker
    Is the battery improved? I don’t see any mention of longer battery life on their site.
  • WOLF444

I saw mention about the battery life being ''modestly' improved in the Cnet article...

https://www.cnet.com/news/weed-tech-heats-up-with-a-new-smart-vaporizer-from-firefly/
    "Boasting easier air intake, a modest boost to battery life and a lower price than the Firefly 2 that came before it, the nearly identical-looking Firefly 2 Plus is hardly a dramatic jump forward for the brand."
  • LabPong
    Is the battery improved? I don’t see any mention of longer battery life on their site.fatbiker

The battery life is only improved by software and slightly less resistance. There is no change to the cell at all..exact same one as the FF2 uses. So you can use the new batteries in the FF2 and the chargers as well. I would also not want the bright logo light on the FF2+ so the old FF2 lids and lights are better for stealth.
  • SourMalk
    Just thinking about it logically, battery improvements can't be much if any different at all . They made "firmware changes" that would slightly improve the battery. But then "opened the airflow 33%". Which in turn will demand more power to the heater to keep up with the increased mass of cold air rushing through.

I have not tried the FF2+ though so that would really be the true test.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    "opened the airflow 33%".SourMalk

I feel like there could be a conspiracy about the number 33 with these guys :nerd:
  • LabPong
    I doubt the 33%...probably more like 15-20% if that.

The less restricted airflow will allow for less pressure and less duration of the draw. So in effect, would be utilizing the heat more efficiently as you can extract quicker I would think.

It would be like......."less time on the throttle" for the same or better output.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    im into that though :eyes:
  • Baron23
    I never trust a word FF says....for many good reasons in the past.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    there is a 33% chance they are lying :yum:
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    on a serious note though, it does make me a little suspicious :brow:
  • EconMan
    Ok, I have tried one. I agree with @VapeCritic it is just a re-packaged FireFly2. If you loved/hated the FF2, you'll love/hate the FF2+

My god it is SO CLOSE it begs the conspiracy theories. A simple re tool to combat fakes? A last drain before "taking the money and run"... etc???
  • Baron23
    My god it is SO CLOSE it begs the conspiracy theories. A simple re tool to combat fakes? A last drain before "taking the money and run"... etc???EconMan

Who knows, brother...who knows.
  • To the Cloud
    That's what I was told, the increased performance helps with the airflow and the micro drilled holes are just a smidge bigger.

Personally I feel I am getting a tad more airflow, however I have got so proficient with the original that it could just be in my head.

When you take the Firefly 2 apart and give it a super deep clean the airflow performance gets better, so using the 2+ out of the box feels like the airflow is improved.

Side by Side blindfold me and I have no clue with the vapor quality, it's the same.
  • BobCat
    Ok, I have tried one. I agree with VapeCritic it is just a re-packaged FireFly2. If you loved/hated the FF2, you'll love/hate the FF2+

My god it is SO CLOSE it begs the conspiracy theories.
    EconMan
    This news is great right? I have no vested intetest, but you are one of the few I know who love it, and I want you to be happy.

Now you can get backups at a lower price and load up on the proprietary items. That's a win my brother!!! :up: :victory:
  • LabPong
    Personally I feel I am getting a tad more airflow, however I have got so proficient with the original that it could just be in my head.To the Cloud

yea....I have a couple different ways to draw on the FF2.....I can normally get the vapor I need before it cuts off automatically. I can see where it may not be easy at all to tell if there is less restriction or not...but the ability to extend battery use is a plus for sure.

Now you can get backups at a lower price and load up on the proprietary items. That's a win my brother!!! :up: :victory:BobCat

Yes....batteries and that external charger.....2 things I needed after I got a used one...lol
  • Ctipp22
    anyone else give it a go??
  • fatbiker
    I’m very tempted...
  • LabPong
    Few people reporting back on FC......pretty much almost same thing and hard to tell the difference when you are using it. But battery issue is gone with new firmware and only very slightly more open holes in the bowl bottom.

Pretty much same experience in vapor. Any other differences are just refinements.
  • Cedar
    Used my FF2 last night for the first time in a few days and there was a firmware upgrade installed when I turned it on and used my phone to adjust temp. i wonder if this new firmware brings most of the same advantages as buying a FF2+.
  • LabPong
    Used my FF2 last night for the first time in a few days and there was a firmware upgrade installed when I turned it on and used my phone to adjust temp. i wonder if this new firmware brings most of the same advantages as buying a FF2+.Cedar

No....but you have a really nice cool logo now on your app. lol

You need to update firmware and replace the oven screen....$30 to do if you send back to FF for fix.
  • EasyToSlip
    For FF2 owners the $30 upgrade to FF2+ sounds like a good deal. You get all the new features except for the new lid.
    Any improvement in draw resistance would be welcome... 3% or 33%...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment