• Toked23
    I have the new jet black ff2 +. I happen to like the logo, not sure why, may be the nice blue color. Definitely easier to pull on, charging now. Haven’t used it yet but will later today. Need to give it a quick wipe down/clean for the first use as well. I loved the ff2 for the flavor and have used it since 2016 but do notice the constrained pull. New one is easier for sure, will report back later
  • Bruce
    Agreed. Consumer confidence needs to be repaired. I think the Pax 1 was terrible. But things change The pax 2 and The Pax 3 are excellent in my opinion. So a FF2 plus is exciting but the job of FF is to make it, and in time people will come around if it actually vaporises materials something the FF2 does not do.
  • Baron23
    Consumer confidence needs to be repairedBruce

Bruce - its not confidence in the device, though it didn't suit me personally it does suit many others.

No, my issue is with their exec management who I think are a bunch of silicon valley spin doctors and I KNOW that they have BS us in the past. Glaring example was the vid "Mark" did with an example of performance by blowing HUGE dragon clouds.....cause, whatever it was, it wasn't MJ (oh, and he just forgot to mention that, eh?). That's the kind of stuff that will just put me off permanently.

I just don't want to do business with them....now or ever.

Others may make up their own mind about the company and the device.
  • Chronic Pain
    @Baron23 Totally agree! "bunch of silicon valley spin doctors "

I always felt that they where always trying to be the "iPhone" of the vape world...
  • Bruce
    Great point. That puffing session was BS. I am sure more BS to come.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    I dont have the new oven bu i did notice a diffrence with my herb using the update. It could be that with flower the device is still new to me but it was a big difference to me anyway.

×edit× my flower tech is hit and miss i cant pin point what it is im doing right when im hitting a good sesh....
  • EconMan
    I have the new jet black ff2 +. I happen to like the logo, not sure why, may be the nice blue color. Definitely easier to pull on, charging now. Haven’t used it yet but will later today. Need to give it a quick wipe down/clean for the first use as well. I loved the ff2 for the flavor and have used it since 2016 but do notice the constrained pull. New one is easier for sure, will report back later
    10 hours ago ReplyOptions
    Toked23

Interesting. Thanks for this info...
  • Toked23
    tried it out earlier tonight, other than a little easier pull it is identical to my ff2. Made a different buzzing sound though, but otherwise nothing different to me. Haven’t used it enough to find out battery life improvements but I set it on 320 with some jack herrer I have and with no warm up or anything at all had a nice little 15-20 second pull and had a nice little visible vapor. Taste was amazing as usual, I would as agree with Bud here that it would be tough to tell them apart with your eyes closed. But seems to be a little bit easier to pull. Wish that was easy to put a number on but not sure how I would do that with any scientific measurement
    They are a MESS to clean and look gross after two uses, at least with flower. I did enjoy using it with flower, just hated cleaning it. I do wish I tried concentrate in mine before I sold it though.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    i find it incredibly easy to clean. Scrape the claim with a quitar pick and then alcohol wipe. For myself it doesnt evwn feel like a chore.
  • mmx
    Im in a big dillema. I was waiting Firefly 2+ release, but after reading all this comments.. Nothing really improved haha.. the only thing I like is price drop, since I was considering this vape for some time, but I was not willing to spend 300€ on it.

Now I have the chance to get brand new Firefly 2 for 200€ and I dig that. Im not sure for how much Firefly 2+ will retail in Europe but its going to be around 250€ for sure.

Btw I am a flavour chaser. I had crafty, now I own Solo2, Mighty and Lotus. Lotus was my last and oh man, it should be my first ;) I love the flavour and with proper technique-heating flavour just doesnt go away. Milky and tasty hits. When I use battery powered vapes I always vape on low temperatures 180-190 degrees, to extract as much flavour as possible. I read some comments that flavour on firefly comes really close to lotus, that is why I am considering it, but my mind is not set.

If you have any other vape recommendations for around 200€ with crazy flavour, hit me up :) Thanks
  • LabPong
    If you have any other vape recommendations for around 200€ with crazy flavour, hit me up :) Thanksmmx

Not really much in the actually portable end of it....but if you want flavor.....any vape with a glass bowl and the heater removed from the air/vapor path. IE Elev8r! G43 is awesome too.

If you use a WPA with a portable and you can remove a metal bowl.......you just made huge strides to the land of taste!
  • Dogster
    I wonder if getting just the FF2 with the 2 batteries - is the firmware update helpful or available to the FF2 to get more charged time? With your opinion of not really a noticeable difference, will you be reviewing the plus? I noticed firefly didn’t make your best vapes list.
  • BobCat
    Hi. Bud discussed the FF plus in the last livestream https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/comment/116066 . I doubt it will warrant a new dedicated review video.
  • Dogster
    Thanks Bobcat, I missed that. I doubt it too. Bud said it all and answered my questions. It’s sad.
  • WOLF444

Thanks too... Bummer because I was still interested in this device and thinking about picking it up as a second portable vape... Not so much interested now...
  • Dogster
    Wolf444. that’s my thoughts as well. Great concept. Poor execution and 4 yrs of development for me.
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    25% extra airflow? That could mean anything. Seems like the same vape with a slight makeover.
  • LabPong
    Extra airflow from larger holes in screen and MP screen (if you even use the MP screen)
    Different software controlling heating patterns via firmware update
    New logo light window (just diff...not better/worse)

Yes....just a small update all-round.
  • EconMan
    I possess zero proof for any of this assertion -- just a hunch -- but I suspect FF is smartly (from a business perspective) maximizing revenue from their IP that is getting a little old. The market is getting saturated, those who possess some demand for FF2's mostly have them by now. Those who love them love them, and those who view them as satan's spawn, hate them. The market has also changed. They know they can't get $325 anymore. The new $250 price tag implies to me the new "plus" *might* be "minus" the same quality components? I'll have to get one, take it apart, and compare.

It is clear to me, FF2 has sold ALL its latest production "batch".
    In production economics, "batch size" can make/break profits/losses. It is a fundamental CRITICAL decision -- one of the most important a producer can make. Too large or too small and your average costs can easily exceed your average revenue. Given the nature of the managers, someone did some quantitative analysis and it was determined profit would be higher with a new "+" model, not merely another batch run, so they needed to get something out WITHOUT risking the cannibalization of an upcoming FF3 innovations. So in plain language I suspect this is mostly them sucking some "last sales" with their legacy designs.

It's almost like video games. You just spent $50 on a title, now that you've played it and are bored with it now, we want you to buy a "Director's Cut" version (with stickers!) for $39.99 where an entire .5% of the content is different.

They are a MESS to clean and look gross after two uses, at least with flower.Startedat52

So strange as I have a TOTALLY different experience. My FF2 is the easiest and quickest to clean vape I have!!! I can quick-clean it in less than 30 seconds. Rigorously clean it in 2 minutes (always when converting from flower/trates). In fact it is SO easy and quick to clean, I clean it with EVERY new load of flower. I use a couple iso towelette packs I buy cheap on amazon.
  • Gonzo
    They now have the ff2+ lids listed as being compatible with the ff2 (which I'm not sure was the case before). Not sure if that's true or not.....maybe @VapeCritic can confirm.
  • LabPong
    They now have the ff2+ lids listed as being compatible with the ff2 (which I'm not sure was the case before). Not sure if that's true or not.....maybe VapeCritic can confirm.Gonzo

The dimensions did not change nor the fit. It is just that you have a big ass window for the little light of the FF2.

I actually would like to have a FF2+ with old lid.....lol
  • EconMan
    I actually would like to have a FF2+ with old lid.....lolLabPong

Exactly what I was thinking. And what was wrong with the old lid -- nothing.
  • Ctipp22
    Can’t help but just want to try it for myself but I would never buy it before trying it
  • Vapster707
    same here it ... Tha styling of tha firefly reminds me of old school glass pipe but hearing so much bad about it disappoints ...
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    its like anything there is the good too! Its a device thats not for everyone. Im not trying to convince you, but i took a chance on it and i quite enjoy it.
    The firefly 2 has been out for awhile and there have been updates and changes made and now there is the 2+ i feel like maybe a lot of the hate is still based on past performance, but that is just my opinion.
    Its a device you have to put a little bit of work and learning into. Once you have it down though if your willing to out a small amount of time in, its pretty enjoyable, once again just my perception.
  • EconMan
    Its a device you have to put a little bit of work and learning into. Once you have it down though if your willing to out a small amount of time in, its pretty enjoyable, once again just my perception.Tyedyesamuraiguy

Yeah, it is certainly my most used vape (not counting my dab rig.... is that a vape?... guess so).
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    the rig is a tko :nerd: tehe :snicker:

I wish i could get some more herb time in! All in good time though.
  • G-love
    I had the orig. FF2 when it first came out. It absolutely sucked and I was tempted to throw it in the trash! The 30 second draw, no vapor, very uneven ABV, just a bummer. For some reason I believed them about the Plus. And I don't care if Bud thinks it is the same vape it is not. I am getting great performance all around. I have not used my Mighty since I got this vape last Friday. And I used the Mighty along with my Peak every day. I have no affiliation with Firefly. I am telling you guys it works great for great hits, flavor and produces a very even ABV. I like to start around 280 or 290 for ultimate flavor and move up. I take about a 12 second hit. At higher temps (370-410) I can take about a 10 second draw and get great results. This vape is not picky. I have used the santa cruz 2 piece grinder and torn with my hands and got great results. The draw is not completely free flowing and there is some restriction but I am very particular and Im fine with it. Again Im not sure why I took a chance on this vape I just had a feeling it would be good and I am happy right now with it.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    i am waiting to get my ff2 upgraded with the new oven and what not.
    I thought i noticed a difference with just the software update, im excited to get that oven should make things even better.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment