• Zep4
    I’d been using the quartz but after I broke one of my two Q buckets trying to remove it from the alcohol soaking atomizer, I figured I’d go back to Ti for awhile, seeming less breakable. I was pleasantly surprised by the increase in vapor it seemed to produce over the Q. Just my imagination or what?
  • fatbiker
    I like quartz best.
  • bulllee
    I'm lovin on the Ti, best for rosin imo.
  • EconMan

Assume you're talking about the Carta?

If so, I totally confirm.
    Ti works MUCH better. It is as if it lacks the power to get a good run on the Q, and to give it the power required, I go so hot it becomes harsh. There simply is not enough surface area on the bottom of the bucket. In fact, I've yet to take a GOOD hit from the quartz bucket. I've had several from the Ti.
    Still tinkering. Thus far though, the Peak wins with Quartz.

Best I can do with the quartz on the Carta is a "nice" taste hit OR I crank the heat to 3 on a dry run, get the Q as hot as possible.... then load my oil (on the walls, not bottom) at the beginning of the 2nd cycle on temp 2, as it drips down the walls onto the hot bottom.

The entire purpose of quartz for most people, certainly me, is better taste.... but the Carta's Quartz game is poor. I much prefer the Ti on both taste and vapor quality variables.

Also, like the Peak, the extra energy required to "do quartz" (Peak does it better - more surface area of the heater) puts a lot of strain on the atomizer. I noticed this from the battery drain -- takes significantly more energy to get the quartz bucket to make reasonable vapor than with the Ti. That is, the Ti gives me better battery life.
  • Zep4
    Thanks buddy. Total agreement.
  • Bobr
    quartz
  • Zep4
    All which led me back to my Saionara Ti. But at 24w I’m not getting much vapor. I know next to nothing about mods...but I think I’m going back to my sweet Carta with Ti and back in the drawer for the Sai. Drats. I think 24w is the max for Ti so I’m scared to go higher. What happens anyway? Does it blow up or die?
    Ok...next day....fearless me boosted to 25w and NOW...oh yeah, baby, I’ve got satisfactory vapor. What a difference 1 little Watt makes! Now THIS might work for me. And the Sai seems pretty indestructible:)
  • Zep4
    I broke one of my two quartz buckets, trying to gently lift it off the atomizer after trying to unstick it in iso for 10 min. I like Q too, but it’s too fragile in this case I’m afraid. Or I’m too cheap.
  • Gman
    you guys are crazy, I run the Quartz on my carta all day every day. 2-3 sessions on level 1, it gets a bit hotter each time you run it back to back.
  • EconMan

God bless you brother. I struggle hard with them. To the point, I don't bother using them anymore.
  • Zep4
    I guess you’re managing to get that quartz bucket off before it gets irretrievably stuck. I thought I was, but it just took one time for me to see they’re not for me. It finally released after I’d shattered every bit of Q bucket wall...then I gently lifted off the bottom of the bucket, threw it away, vacuumed every it’s bitsy piece of bucket Q off the floor lest my Thor & Loki’s sweet foot pads get injured....and swore off Carta quartz buckets....cuz Ti ain’t bad and is SURE a helluva lot less WORK. I’M retired.
  • Gman
    If it's getting stuck you are not cleaning it properly. I should make a user vid for this thing.
  • LabPong
    If it's getting stuck you are not cleaning it properly. I should make a user vid for this thing.Gman

This is one of the biggest reasons I will stick with my KP Crystal and FF2 with pad or Elev8r/G43 with healthstone. Clean up is virtually effortless and takes very little time to administer after every session.
  • EconMan
    I don't have a problem getting the Q not to stick, I just struggle getting a "good hit" from it. Consistency is poor for me with it. However, the Ti is just fine and each time. #variances

FF2 with padLabPong

A giant advantage of the FF2. It is quick and easy to clean.
  • Gman
    I have easier to clean and maintain devices, but they don't hit like the carta while still being somewhat portable. If I leave the house, I use the mole, or TRVP, or SAI bucket or donut.

It's not like I don't have all the options everyone else has. I've just been using the carta for months now and once you do, there is no going back to other devices.

Just like when you switch from flower to concentrates, you don't go back.
  • Azn2101
    if I had to make a very educated guess (from actually disassembling the atomizer and holding the insert right after for cleaning and tinkering) that lip is the difference between why the corners of the quartz don't Seem to vaporize as well because the heat has to hit that extra metal that is the lip and through conductiom/radiant heat, gets those corners better than the Quartz with nothing to keep that heat from dispersing right out the sides.

Another reason I believe this is because after a session with a quartz bucket the actual walls of the atomizer are definitely a little hotter after a session than with the Ti inserts walls making me think more heat is escaping. And the Ti insert the walls of the atomizer were still to sticky to just run a swab across them

Still this would support the bucket not sticking as long as long as you're not using a V1 atomizer

Edit: I should add this is only what I think, not fact and also that I'm sorry that your buckets broke man.
  • Zep4
    Agree KP Crystal is a sweetheart to clean. The shortest battery life winner is she as well imho. So I always have to take something else with me....
  • LabPong

I agree the battery is not huge...but the way I use the crystal....I get at least 2 long sessions with it on a charge. I do not go back to back sessions.....so charging is simple and battery life for me is nothing. I only use my press on Fri-Sun to make rosin....sort of a forced limit.....so I do not send my T levels through the roof....lol
  • Zep4
    Yep, if charging is np, the Crystal is definitely worthy. No gunk anywhere like with my Puffco wax pens, Plus (now in the drawer) and my Pro2 (better but still messy) and I love it’s concept. I wish I could load more wax in it (a common problem for me) and the filter clogs easily but it is in my arsenal as one of the best performers I have. Perfection is elusive for them all, but we make do. And not everyone has a Pax3 and Crafty in a drawer that don’t get used much. We get spoiled very easily.
  • EconMan

I get what you're saying, and I'm certainly enjoying the Carta, as I enjoy the Peak, but I prefer at "normal home" to use a glass rig and torch. So I like the Carta and Peak, I don't love them.
    That said, I suspect for MOST people my preference is too much. As a "dabbing appliance" the Carta is quite nice -- I like it on net better than the Peak and it's less expensive -- the torch and dab rig require a tech devised around the banger of choice and the material, and honestly, just like with vaping.... most "regular" folks want an easy to use and dependable appliance and will not want to take the time to learn how to master an art.

The other day I met a guy who had never smoked weed in his life. Never vaped. Never consumed edibles. His ONLY mj experience has been concentrates and the only way he had ever used was via his Peaks. Of course, my personality being what it is, I immediately wanted to turn him on to a dab rig.... he would have none of it. He owns three Peaks and consumes two grams a day. "If it isn't broke, don't fix it" was his reply. It is as if he psychologically identifies consuming concentrates with the Peak appliance.

This is the future of the industry and it is being transformed by the new hordes of "cultureless" consumers generating demand.
  • Gman
    after I've used a torch in the room I have to leave or I can't stand the smell anymore. The whole room is ruined for me the moment you torch a banger, I'm that sensitive to smells and air pollution. I've tried every level of butane filtering and I still detect it. So unless I want to go to a separate room every time I want a hit, the torch is just not an option. Neither is leaving an enail on for 10 minutes.

Just because you guys don't detect the impurities from your torches, doesn't mean it's not there. That shit is killing you.
  • Zep4
    Got it!bb1s7edw3959xpkw.jpeg
  • Zep4
    So.....first bowl I did on 1. Nothing. Well, it dried it out a bit so I added more. Ceramic oven. A screen covers the holes under the oven at the bottom. Not sure if it’s built in. Boosted to 2 and got immediate vapor. After a few hits, boosted to 3 and me and Jack got hi. I shut it off while still getting minor vapor and resulting avb looked evenly brown. No burnt taste. Got a pleasant bud taste. I had it tightly packed with coarse bud and it was a tough draw but doable. Probably finer grind would be better and easier to load. It’s deep. 2 thumbs up...so far.
    Of course, it came with no instructions, and a little black silicone ring I have no idea what to do with. I poured the avb into my AirVapeX and it only filled it halfway so it’s pretty economical.
    1az10iwg8hfba1tz.jpeg
  • Zep4
    Figured it out....the ring goes on the carb cap to make a nicer seal. I like it:)5bmkmz7rbal44axp.jpeg
    hs7bseuwvf9amvb3.jpeg
  • Gman
    ohhh that's what that is for lol, I just got one in the mail yesterday and left it int he box.
  • Zep4
    I gotta say I can’t see this taking the place of my AirVapeX. You have to unscrew the atomizer to empty it and scrape out the weed and that’s a pain. So...maybe just 1 thumb up.
    Glad I could help you out Gman.
  • EconMan
    I gotta say I can’t see this taking the place of my AirVapeX.Zep4

I may have to get one of these just because you like it so much :)

Just because you guys don't detect the impurities from your torches, doesn't mean it's not there. That shit is killing you.Gman

First sentence is necessarily true. Also true, is just because some are NOT sensitive, that data in and of itself does not make the less sensitive more likely to die. It just makes differences in sensitivity true across the population. It is entirely possible the more sensitive possess a higher likelihood of death?

But I get your point. For you it's electric or not happening.
    I'm VERY sensitive to perfume.... I have to tell some women, I can't be around them if they wear that fragrance and in that heavy amount.... I don't think it is killing people just because I am sensitive to it.
    That said, I do wonder how they breath with all that fragrance, yet they live on and to old ages. lol

I bought a Peak because a girlfriend I care about liked to dab, but the torch scared her. Gave her "crack vibes" and fear of being burned (rational fear). The Peak/Carta solved that problem.

Me personally, I just can't get the same intensity of a hit (without serious harshness) with the electrics. Now I don't always want an intense hit, but I often do.
  • Gman
    Perfume is bad for our health. And I can't be near any of it, not just heavy amounts. If you can smell it, you are ingesting it. And I don't mean it alone will kill you. It's just adding to your total poison intake
  • Zep4
    2nd day with herb atomizer...
    Started on 2. Stirred when vapor slowed. Then finished on 3. Evenly browned. The vapor is so smooth it’s crazy and nice hi for me & Jack. I approve.4ofxj8o89rl7wmfi.jpeg
  • Zep4
    I’m up to 26W on my Saionara. Working well.
  • Zep4
    Are you getting much vapor from the weed atomizer? I am still trying it every once in awhile but not getting satisfactory vapor so I’m disappointed:( What is your technique & experience?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment