• Z Master
    yeah I bet it’s badass from what I’ve seen
  • Bad Dog
    it's definitely peaked my curiosity. I think you got a good list, but my word of caution about the crafty is if you need more that 5-6 sessions while your out and about the crafty is not the vape for you. I don't take it out very much so it works for me but if you need more you can get a portable battery bank. That said the mighty lasts twice as long but is a bit less portable so it's a trade off
  • SourMalk

Out of your final list there
    " Ghost / Mighty / Crafty / Firefly / Milaana / Tera / Pax "

I only have not tried the Firefly and Milaana (from your list).

From what I heard the Firefly is not exactly the heaviest hitter, more of a flavour chaser.
    As for the Pax, its not very potent either and a session last a long time. I personally would eliminate these two from the list.

The crafty is very nice, but as a heavy user, you will more than likely have to charge it multiple times per day, so I would eliminate that as well.

Now we're down to the Ghost / Mighty / Milaana / Tera

Ghost - Quite powerful and can give you some amazing hits. The downfall of the ghost is the cleaning and the crucibles. The crucibles are quite a pain in the ass to swap out on the go (not impossible, just annoying because the lids don't stay on). The cleaning is quite tedious as well with so many tiny little parts that need to be disassembled and reassembled.

Mighty - Load it up, turn it on, and its smooth sailing from there. Perfectly even AVB everytime. The downfall of the Mighty is the non removable battery (which will last you 7-8 bowls) and the heat up time is a little outdated.

Tera - This was one of my favourite vapes. It requires a longer pull, but the vapour that comes out is astonishing for a portable. It has removable 18650 batteries, which I think is the absolute best. Very easy cleaning and maintenance. It takes the hit size of the Ghost, and puts it into a device that is as easy to use as the Mighty. Personally this would be my choice for best portable.

Milaana - I've never tried one, so I'll leave my input out on that :D

Edit: A note about the Tera, is that you probably cant fit it in your pocket, its quite bulky. But a small purse or bag would work perfectly.
  • Z Master
    what do you think about the Tubo? I like that one too, and wanna know your thoughts
  • SourMalk

Personally I've never tried the Tubo, it's always been on my radar though. But if you said you aren't interested in fiddling around with a Mod, you probably won't like the tubo. Its basically a Heater and mod all packaged into a wood box.
  • Z Master
    just because with the splinter I’d have to buy one and I heard you have to upgrade the firmware and stuff, personally don’t want to do that. That’s the only reason
  • Nwhite2443
    With your updated list, you might want to consider if you’re going to be able to session or need something on demand. Milaana is great for on demand vapor. The Tera is a session vape so it’ll take time to clear the bowl. The only vape you list that offers both sessions and on demand aspects is the tubo evic. I have not personally tried it but I hear is is similar to a milaana. The mod attached to it doesn’t seem too complicated imo as it is uploaded with the software already.
  • Z Master
    Ghost MV1, Mighty, Firefly 2+, Tubo Evic.
    These because the build quality, the reviews I heard about them, and they look fun and enjoyable to use as my only portable.
  • Z Master
    got down to 4. On the go I might need a full session like at work at lunch. Or on demand like at work in for a quick hit. I’m not to sure. I just know it won’t take me long at all to clear any session bowl.
  • SourMalk

Yes very true about the software already being uploaded, but if you're confident in your ability to navigate through the menus, uploading custom software shouldn't be too difficult.

All that being said, if you don't wish to fiddle around with any software and technological doohickies, the Milaana from what I hear is amazing and its one button operation.

If you'd like temperature options, the Tera is very simple to navigate and very potent.

And if you're feeling adventurous, the Tubo I'm sure is a very rewarding experience, with the options to make it the exact vape that suits your needs.

At the end of the day it's definitely your decision, so look at the pros and cons of each and pick what will be most suiting to you.
  • Z Master
    thank you so much for your insight, it’s helped more than you know. Much appreciated
  • SourMalk

No problem amigo, let us know what you decide.
    Maybe post some pics when it comes in!!
  • Z Master
    I will, it will be a hard decision by Friday. I like the mv1 cause it looks awesome! I like the mighty because the ease of use and cleaning, I like the firefly 2+ cause the glass and it looks awesome too! I like the Tubo because it looks unique and I’ve heard great things about it.
  • Z Master
    thanks appreciate you
  • SourMalk

If you do decide to get the Ghost, I would urge you to get the Combo Kit with fast charger, extra battery and crucible dispense. The Ghost is damn near useless as a portable without the Crucible dispenser.
  • Pakalolo2

I agree that you at the very least need a crucible dispenser but the package deal is the way to go! I have 2 MV1’s setup in the exact configuration SourMalk describes above. They are my go to in rotation after a year of service. Just keep them clean and enjoy some of the best flavor to be had in a convection vape (IMHO). .
  • Chronic Pain

VGoodiez sells the Wismec Reuleaux RX Gen3 Dual Mod and Sinuous P80 with the sur_myevic software preloaded. It makes using the Splinter Z easy peasy.

I like my Mighty, Crafty, Volcano, Plenty, Ghost MV1, Milaana, Pax and the tons of others I own...
    I'm just playing around with mods right now.

Oh... IMHO the Mighty (with its digital display) is easier to use than the MV1.
  • MothChewMoth
    @JMH out of those, I personally would pick the Milaana. Swappable 18650 batteries and it'll hit as hard as you'll let it. If you want to be more portable and not worry about breakages, you could snag a wooden stem from Ed's TnT. I just got one in Wenge and love it. I'm sad I didn't get one earlier

I'll comment on the other ones I've owned :

Mighty - taste wasn't as good as I wanted and was annoying to clean. Traded it. I expect the same annoyance from the Crafty.

Ghost - Worked really well, but was annoyed having to swap crucibles so often. Flavor is top notch and very efficient. Every person I had try it really loved it. Traded/sold, but mostly because it didn't fit my usage enough and got a great offer on it from a friend who was frustrated with other vapes. She loves it.

Pax - I get why people like this, but it's just not my cup of tea. I bought the 2 and ended up giving it to my dad (who loves it). For me it just got too warm and the flavor wasn't top tier (but still good). If you need extreme portability and discreetness, it's hard to beat.
  • 420vapezone
    I still consider the Mighty to be the best experience.
    The interface for loading and unloading is one of the fastest and easiest of any vape.
    The power/temp interfaces are simple and straight forward.
    The vapor is great and the cooling unit does a good job of cooling the vapor.

I used to consider maintenance it's biggest challenge, but now I q-tip the cooling unit out while its warm (every 5-10 bowls) and its remarkably easy. I haven't soaked anything in nearly 6 months.

Removable batteries, a faster heatup, and a higher temp range would make the Mighty more modern.
  • Baron23
    I still consider the Mighty to be the best experience.
    The interface for loading and unloading is one of the fastest and easiest of any vape.
    The power/temp interfaces are simple and straight forward.
    The vapor is great and the cooling unit does a good job of cooling the vapor.

I used to consider maintenance it's biggest challenge, but now I q-tip the cooling unit out while its warm (every 5-10 bowls) and its remarkably easy. I haven't soaked anything in nearly 6 months.

Removable batteries, a faster heatup, and a higher temp range would make the Mighty more modern.
    420vapezone

This ^^ +1
  • Kinick23
    @JMH I picked up a Tubo a few weeks ago and though still in the honeymoon phase, it is hella fun to use. For one you can use it on demand like an MV1 or session (cruise mode) like a Mighty. Can use diff stems (j hook, bent, straight), water adapter for rigs, even has a temp step mode so you can set it to say for example stay on for 120 seconds and cycle through 4 temps btwn 340-375 then once you activate that mode you don’t need to fuss with the temp changes, or go cruise on a specific temp until whenever your done and shut off by clicking the button. You can even set the mod to reduce the temp when your not inhaling, just goes through batteries quick so need to have backups. Last thing I’ll highlight for now I enjoy is that the mod and heater are side by side instead of vertical - this is where most of the mod style Vapes suffer from a portability perspective imo, too tall. Holding the Tubo in your hand feels very comfortable and solid. Best of luck to you.
  • Z Master
    Thank you all for this great information and guiding me to the best decision.
  • Z Master
    thank you, much appreciated.
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    Lil Bud Elite by a long way.
  • Z Master
    what needs to be cleaned besides the cooling unit? Just brushing out the bowl?
  • Z Master
    ima check it out, thanks
  • MothChewMoth
    the cooling unit. For me personally it was just annoying enough with that plus the Good but not GREAT flavor that I traded it.

I still highly recommend it for all the points Troy and others have made, just not my cup o tea :razz:
  • Z Master

Yeah it seems like a must buy bundle if you get the ghost. The dispenser looks awesome and is a great idea
  • Z Master
    what’s your go to portable?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube