• Zep4
    At what wattage (voltage?)?? 5w?
  • EconMan
    I use the P80 that came with the G43 with my carts all the time. Prefer it actually.
    On the P80, I don't like going over about 3.5 volts.

And that is about all I know about mods and stuff. :nerd:
  • Zep4
    Thnx so much Econ. U so helpful, buddy!:) :heart: Btw...maybe it’s the novelty and newness but I’m enjoying the weed in the Carta a lot. I was filling it a little too much, and it’s dumping out better now that it’s baking more thoroughly. Still helpful to stir.
  • Baron23
    Yes, I have a couple of Eleafs and that's exactly what they are used for in my house.

Carts are different so I start with a wattage that gets me about 3 volts. The display will show both. As you increase wattage, voltage goes up.

But yes, somewhere in the 5-6 watt range is a good place to start and then just see if you want more or less.
  • Zep4
    Thank You Baron. I feel much more confident with you guys’ help. :heart:
  • okla68m
    What matters the most when using a Box Mod with a Cart...Watts or Volts ?
    When i set my Aegis Geek Vape mod to 5 watts, its only 1.19 volts...havent tried it yet for fear of cooking the Cart....???
  • Baron23
    What matters the most when using a Box Mod with a Cart...Watts or Volts ?okla68m

They are proportional given a fixed resistance so either will do. I just happen to know that around 3 - 3.3 volts works well for carts I have tried.

When i set my Aegis Geek Vape mod to 5 watts, its only 1.19 voltsokla68m

That's pretty low. Are you getting good visible vapor? If you are, then stick with it but for me that would be on the low side. I have had no issues in running carts at what comes out to be around 7 or so watts. I have even cranked them up higher but it gets a bit too thick and harsh and like yourself, I don't want to burn the cart/oil.

The carts I get in MD are CCell hdwr and I buy those because I think its a great cart, never have had a plugged cart, and they don't seem to be susceptible to being "burned" like old wick carts where (and when you crisp up a wick, it does taste awful).

Hope this is somewhat helpful.
  • badbee
    Cart pen batteries typically are used in the 3 to 4 volt range as mentioned by Baron23. You can calculate the wattage as voltage squared divided by resistance. So for a cart that has a 1.25 Ohm resistance you want a wattage of 7.2 W (3*3/1.25) to 12.8 W.

So, what Baron23 said but with more math...
  • okla68m

I figured it out. Was keying the mod with the SAI in place, not the Cart. With the Cart in place, the voltage jumps to 2.88 when set at 5 watts.
    These Are CCell carts. Oddly tho, one will work on one brand of ETwist battery, yet wont work on another and the Same cart, Different Strain(same brand) wont work on the one the other does AND VISE VERSA...Super Weird...like the Strain is making the differance, yet Both work on the Mod box !
  • Baron23
    Wont work as won't register and show a resistance (which would be the 510 connection) or won't work as just won't fire?
  • okla68m
    I have 3 carts, 2 ego twist batteries and a Tantra Vape stick battery...All carts work on the mod....2 of the 3 will work on the ego twist, but, not on the Tantra. One will work on the Tantra and Mod, but, Not on the Ego Twists, yet, All are the Same brand of Filler, K.I.N.D., and all CCell !
    I can see No Reason for the differance. Had i gotten home and only had the Twist, I would have been upset, them Not working !
  • okla68m
    Wont Work ! Does Nothing, yet, both work fine when switched !
    The new Northern Lights Cart does Nothing on either ETwist, yet works on the Tantra. The 2 Blueberry Carts work on the ETwist, but, Neither work with the Tantra...oddly ALL work with the AEGIS GEEK VAPE mod !
  • okla68m
    I will say that it was quite Cost Effective....the Carts are 500mgs and cost me $29 including Tax(25+4). Tomorrow will be day #5 using it exclusively and staying Very Medicated. AND, Enjoying the Taste alot....!!(its advertised to deliver 150 one second puffs per 500mgs Cart)
    I May finish it tomorrow. (already picked up 2 more, lol ! Was getting really Bored doing the same half dozen strains of Flower over and over)
    I actually find it as strong or stronger than the QWET I make and Definitely More Pleasurable in flavor !(may be that its Easier on my fkd lungs than my QWET)
    K.I.N.D. LIVE RESIN is the BOMB !!!!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet