• The Rogue Wax Works
    Could not find another thread like this so I figured I would start one.

I hope there are others who either live in legal states or are still willing to share photos of their garden, progress photos, tips etc.

The thing I like best about legalization in Oregon is it allows you to grow 4 plants in your yard. It does very city to city but where I live in Ashland, its allowed.

My garden is pretty simple because I dont have much space. I have grown here for 4 years and have had good luck. I have 6 x 45 gallon fabric pots. I average about one pound + yield per pot. When I had a larger garden and grew for 7 medical patients I used 250 gallon pots for comparison. The bigger the pot, the bigger the plant.

I am no expert. But by asking a lot of questions of friends with much more experience, reading and watching videos, and chatting with the guys at the grow store, I have been able to consistently grow some pretty nice buds.

The experience from start to finish is incredibly rewarding (except trimming). Sitting down in November and trying, for the first time, what you spent 5 months lovingly caring for, is an awesome experience. I love being able to share with friends and family, and never having to go to the dispensary except for some specialty concentrates on occasion.

Lemon OG and Strawberry Banana
    06qo01holhuzdhjo.jpg

Oregon Diesel and Dead Head. The OD sounds like its right up my ally
    f5pdaitrjgr1wgb2.jpg

My little garden
    4qfje30c8bcz6qgz.jpg
    781u3nhyd3v18qpj.jpg
    yg9pydexz1r06j3o.jpg
    kyy1dpijjmf2gxv2.jpg

I just need some hay to top dress and I'm hoping to set up a Tea tank with a 50 gallon tub I have.
    Hey guys, is it too late to start growing from a clone, outside in Colorado? I just want to try one plant for now, just for kicks. Thanks.
  • Gonzo
    Very cool....which Florida would allow us to grow a few plants (legally).
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    im not sure about your area, but if its just for kicks put one out anyway, its worth the experience. If possible with your living situation you could always let her finish up in a sunny window if she needs more time.
  • Gonzo
    It looks like the daylight doesn't get down to/under 12 hours a day until September (for the Denver area) so you should still be good. Should have a lot of time to veg before then.
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @Startedat52 you should be good if they are ready to go outside now. My plants are dinky but they will get big(er). Starting this small, at this time, in my experience, will effect the density more than the potency. I'm always late getting in with small plants and am always happy with what I get. Go for it!!

Thanks guys! I’ll pick one up this week, then do some reading, then ask a bunch more questions :nerd:
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @Startedat52 get one of those fabric pots the 45 is perfect for home but the bigger the better and shallower is better. Good soil and amend with worm castings and perlite.
  • Bad Dog
    I'm growing this year too, got my growing prescription so I can grow 8 plants. I'm growing sweet jack/ blueberry x big freeze and blockhead x c99 and a couple cbd plants for my mom and one bag weed seed. Money was tight this year so I got cheep non femzised seeds, planted 20, 17 sprouted and I'll pick the best 8 ,the rest are already spoken for by my cousin. Looking forward to being flush with bud.
    Attachments
    IMG_0098.HEIC (668K)
    IMG_0100.HEIC (603K)
    IMG_0102.HEIC (1M)

Where would one acquire these supplies?
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @Startedat52 if you are in Colorado I would think almost any garden supply or grow store. The most common brand for the fabric pots is 'Smart Pots" just ask for them or similar. Perlite is just the white rock looking stuff in potted plants. Garden enter will have worm castings. You dont need the pure worm castings.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    i got my fabric pots on amazon. 5 gal is the standard but i would spring for the 10 if you can.
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @Startedat52 no problem. If you have room go for the 45 gallon
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @Bad Dog looks like you have some room outdoors, nice!!
  • okla68m
    obixdcm4wqgalcvy.jpg
    This pic is from a cpl weeks ago, Tangcicle Clones on the ends and Monstercropped/Mainlined Cherry Pie the middle 2 from seed.
    My 3rd grow since Legalization June '18.....only go to dispensery if I want something to break the Mahogany of Homegrown !
    My cat "Oobie", gives her approval !
  • Bad Dog
    Yeah I've got plenty of room but there not far away I can see them from my bedroom window. It's so nice to grow at home it's a far cry from all the gorilla grows out in the bush for all those years lol. I'm especially excited this year because it will be the first time I vape my supply and I'm hoping for a tasty experience. What nutrients is everyone using? Or are you strictly organic? I'm using fox farm and I've had pretty good results
  • EconMan

Digging Oobie :love:
  • Gonzo
    I use a 50/50 mix of Fox Farm Happy Frog and Ocean Forest soil (it's a little hot in the beginning so you have to back off nutrients a little for a couple weeks).
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    i transplant to either happy frog or ocean forest. I like ocean forest better but sometimes its hard to find a bag for a good price out here, so we improvise.
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    I have been using "Age Old" because i have a bunch. This year i want to get my friend to come and help me set up a system to make teas.
  • standingsideways
    Not exactly a garden but for a windowsill job I'm pretty stoked with how this Peyote Cookies from Barneys Farm has been doing.
    mxrv6yc5bh2jsgeh.jpg
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @standingsideways shes a beauty!! Is she going outside? She needs a bigger pot!!!
  • standingsideways

I have been putting her out on the balcony for sunny days but I'm in UK so a little worried about the neighbours preying eyes. I didn't expect it to sprout quite so well so yeah it seems like it's worth stepping up the pot size.
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @standingsideways yah it looks great. Go with a 5 gallon bucket if you can.
  • standingsideways

Thanks I'll have to pick one up

Feminised but not auto flower, I have just started putting her in a dark cuboard for the 12 hour blackout.
  • Bad Dog
    Had my first casualty of the year, from the last windy day one plant blew over and snapped its stem. I immediately propped up with a barbeque skewer and twist ties and for the first few days it seem like it was bouncing back but yesterday I found it wilting so I bought it inside put it under lights, on a heating pad and in a humidity dome but she just keeps withering away. Good thing I got back ups
  • Bad Dog
    Got my baby's transplanted today, got everyone's hair combed and teeth brushed for a group photo. Weeded out a couple males and a few females are showing. Even with the better weather lately they are still behind where I want, once the transplant takes root I'm going to go a little heavier on the fert.
    Attachments
    IMG_0103.HEIC (2M)
    IMG_0104.HEIC (2M)
    IMG_0105.HEIC (1M)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention