• SirSixPence
    Yea its past 20 days. About 34 now. I just threw this thing in to see what would happen.
    I dont have proper lighting. Just keeping the PH levels on point. a bit of some Fox Farm Tiger bloom i Had laying around.
    I hope to buy a HPS setup in the next week or so, This was not a serious attempt in any way.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    1df30j6unzorsn4r.jpg
    Picked up this rather agressive feed at a local shop the other day for 9 bucks!
  • Alexis
    Guys your gardens look lovely, and I'm kinda sad to be honest that I dont have our own still to nurture and admire, although I am glad that the work is over of course.

hey man. Fantastic sight isn't it. Enjoy this time now just like we really should, each and every time without fail really.

So sacred is the plant and never to be taken for granted especially these precious and magnificent stages as they unfold before your eyes now over the coming weeks.

I always wish I could hit pause. Actually I fancy a throw back, seeing as I'm feeling somewhat sad and melancholy seeing all these lovely images and feeling your varying levels of excitement.

As the plants get closer to harvest they actually get a lot more ugly so there is a peak time for their beauty several weeks before chop. I had the idea a while back that I wanted to take a trip at this point this year and really admire the glory of the flowers and I managed exactly that on August 4th.

After a 200ug dose and returning from a short walk by the river, I got home peaking spectacularly on the acid to the most incredible sights and smells to me at that moment.

Simply so good I had to do a photo shoot because it was too hard for my own eyes alone to take in in at that moment haha and ot was the perfect lighting that day, not really sunny but not too dull either.and this is what I saw:
    20190804-125328.jpg
    20190804-125340.jpg
    20190804-125428.jpg
    20190804-125452.jpg
    20190804-125518.jpg
    20190804-125739.jpg
    20190804-125821.jpg
    20190804-125842.jpg
    20190804-130105.jpg

I hope you can all appreciate why I was so blown away with awe, at the amazing beauty of the flowering cannabis plant in its prime.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    i have an appreciation for beautiful things and bloodshot eyes as well! :starstruck:

Im getting really pumped up for harvest time!! Unwatned wanders look out im fired up :naughty:
    eazfcfdgrbk1kkqo.png
    Getting caked up :love:
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @Alexis I understand your feeling of loss for the pleasure of tending the garden and also the anticipation of he harvest.

I have been thinking on this today as the weather the last week has been pretty wet and cold. The harvest is always a little bitter sweet. I always miss tending the garden but the anticipation of the next garden holds me over.
  • Alexis
    yes I feel you. And you've just triggered I thought in me about a perception and way of seeing things which has revealed itself to me more clearly than in the past but which I have not really processed or considered much yet.

I'm not sure how to explain it but it's kind of like at one stage when you are still several weeks of finishing so not exactly anticipating harvest and planning anything but the plants are at the absolute magnificent prime and shining with beauty and glory, and still not so advanced in flower or so late in the season that you are stressing and worrying about whether and damp etc.

And it's all just magical and wondrous and that's what I meant about catching that moments and freezing it and keeping it there are wouldn't that be neat?

Because what I realised is that every year after this point the way that you kind of feel about the grow and communicate and express it sort of goes downhill and drops off in terms of enthusiasm and pleasure as you get closer to harvest and anxiety creeps in in relation to weather, bugs, and just general preparation and anticipation of Harvest and the coming work without knowing what you will end up with and what sort of hurdles may come.

Plus the fact that the leaves begin yellowing and the plants rapidly begin to look worse for wear lol!

"Neighbour- come here quick and have a look at my withered, yellow, dying cannabis plants don't they look great?"
    Haha. All of my own energy and thought and attention was so heavily directed towards trying to harvest everything at the optimum time without making mistakes and panicking too early or letting things go too far for the final weeks of the grow that I just couldn't enjoy it as much because of the anxiety and share physical burden of spending so much time each day bent over and different angles examining all parts of every plant trying to stay really on the ball and not miss any tricks with rapidly developing trichomes.

And then we had many weeks of Passing showers but generally good weather where we had to be on guard 24/7 to get them covered at any split-second notice but make sure that they could get all of the available light and sun possible without taking too much of a risk.

So @The Rogue Wax Works your phrase "bittersweet" is absolutely perfect for how it feels sometimes towards the end when you are doing an outdoor grow in particular I don't think the same principles and feelings would apply to an indoor grow, not in quite the same way at least.

That day, 4th August, was the absolute peak of the beauty of our plants this year. With such perfect lighting that day you really didn't need to be under the influence of LSD to appreciate the the beauty but wow was it a magical sight and experience. It was honestly too much for me to take in! :cool:
  • Bad Dog
    My girls are starting to get close, their frosting up and taking on some colour. Yield isn't going to be out of this world especially with the C99. So I'm going to have to hope that the potency is good :lol: I'm still hoping for another few weeks before I chop them
    Attachments
    IMG_0140.HEIC (2M)
    IMG_0141.HEIC (2M)
    IMG_0143.HEIC (2M)
    IMG_0144.HEIC (2M)
    IMG_0145.HEIC (962K)
    IMG_0147.HEIC (947K)
    IMG_0148.HEIC (997K)
    IMG_0149.HEIC (932K)
  • Mr White
    One is struggling a little but she'll be fine figured out her issue. 3stwjhuuczzww865.jpg
    M.j
  • Mr White
    This is from the plant in the front of last pic. zstqtsw8dtxfxu7r.jpg
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    x49ry5l6qy84t8js.jpg
    Picked this up from a local shop today for powdery mildew, it acts like a vaccine the plant wont get pm anymore, its clones wont etc pretty intresting.
    Im going to spray down the vine that is the insyagator of the problem as well hopefully it works on perrenials then i shouldnt have to deal with it again.
  • Bad Dog
    Has anyone else seen the 2 week forecast for Ontario and shit a brick? Not sure my girls will be ready for harvest by next week barely got any brown hairs. Fingers are crossed that the weather guy is wrong as per usual
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    i was planning on chopping oct 17!? I needa check accuweather

@Bad Dog no negatives until oct 27th i might push it later!
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    @Bad Dog you in our nothren parts?
  • Bad Dog
    I'm about 45 minutes northwest of Toronto in a tiny town called Caledon east. My weather app says a few days of rain then a cold snap.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    ouch i think im an hour and a halfish the other way, i hope your weather man is wrong too!
  • Bad Dog
    My most colourful girl
    Attachments
    IMG_0151.HEIC (1M)
    IMG_0152.HEIC (2M)
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    i can never open your files dawg... You on insta?
  • Bad Dog
    Really? Lame...... I have to post from my tablet cause my computer bit it a while back
  • Bad Dog

This is just a test! I do not control the vertical nor the horizontal of your screen, please stand by
  • Bad Dog

So there’s my garden, I’d like to have a few more weeks to really finish them off but I’ll have to see what Mother Nature has in store
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @Bad Dog your girls look good.

We'll this season was challenging. After struggling against bud worm and rot for the last couple of weeks I decided it was time to salvage what I could before the rain the next day.

I lost a lot of big tops :(

I also didn't feel comfortable just hanging whole branches like in the past so I bucked it all down so I could inspect every last bud.

I still have about 30% out still growing plus one whole plant that still has 3-4 weeks to go that has no sign of worm or mold. Who knows maybe this lagger will be the savior of my season.

w2zyui83ccwmd01f.jpg
    aawme5jbkk6dokke.jpg
    3zb3yegfqxvu68yv.jpg
  • Bad Dog
    They are coming along but ideally I’d like another couple of weeks. Friday might be harvest day as the overnight temp is hovering in frost territory. All this being at the mercy of Mother Nature has made me yearn for the simple control of indoor growing :lol:
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    i love the battle :party:
  • Bad Dog
    Don’t get me wrong I still plan on growing outdoors next year I just wish this season hadn’t been so challenging. It’s hard to stomach all that hard work to end up with some subpar bud. I’ll definitely be uping my game next year
  • okla68m
    DAMN NICE....Grew my 1st bud Near that size this last round (indoors)....Didn't even Think about Breaking it Down(size)Prior to hanging....MILDEW, Internally. ....FML.....Lost about 2oz (LOTS for a Small 2x4x5 tent grow).....VALUABLE LESSON LEARNED THE HARD WAY !
  • Mr White
    They are coming along but ideally I’d like another couple of weeks. Friday might be harvest day as the overnight temp is hovering in frost territory. All this being at the mercy of Mother Nature has made me yearn for the simple control of indoor growing :lol:Bad Dog

This is why I use smaller pots. It gets cold here early in the season so with the smaller pots (just more of them) I can move my plants inside at night and outside in the day when it starts to get cold. Mind you the daytime temps are still in the 60's and 70's.
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @okla68m I prefer to hang the whole branch and in the past have hung whole big plants without any issues. These baskets are handy and I'm glad I had them.

Next year I'm going to do a couple things differently. First I'm going to do some auto flower. After seeing @Alexis's plants I'm going to do a half dozen of those in addition to my regular big pots. I'm also going to have to address the bud worm which has always been a problem at my house but never this bad.

So I just had a Vapcap full of some of the flower, Deadhead. It was a little damp still. It had an obvious green taste but also had good flavor. The high is strong, up and heady. Not the typical head band high of early harvest and no head ache yet so this is a good sign.
  • Bad Dog
    This just wasn’t the best year for me, cold spring, dry summer and now a cold wet fall. Had a bit of bud rot and now one of my plants looks like its getting powdery mildew on some of the leafs. The weather is against me, what isn’t cold is supposed to be wet! At least 5 of my 8 plants have some brown hairs and seem to be right on the cusp, I can’t check the tricoms because I lost my jewellers loop but it doesn’t really matter I’m going to get what I get this year its all I can do. I’m already planning ahead for next year, what strains, air pruning smart pots, maybe a few auto flowers, early indoor start. I wish my bud was a little prettier the purple is just on the sugar leaves and hasn’t made it to the bud just yet

bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment