• okla68m
    Ooppps, redundant, last 2 the same.
  • The Rogue Wax Works
    @okla68m looking good. how did you get it to split so low?
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    very nice! This is my latest project swlxgj8ypaqd60i0.jpg
    p0lzee90o3c59r2c.jpg
  • okla68m
    Topped above the 3rd node, once those had grow a couple nodes, tie them to the side, then take off every other node (verticle/down), leaving the horizontal growths, do that 3 time, the top it again...that will give you 16 main colas...you tie/train those to grow horizontal also, allowing g the center to get light also....."MANIFOLDING"....!
  • okla68m
    "ILOVEGROWINGMARIJUANA.COM"
  • okla68m
    Pretty....I've yet to decide what is Next...sorta depends on how the effects of Cherry Pie are. (grew it on a whim). My other crop, "Tangcicle" went into its 48 hour dark stage today....It's from clones of a friend's mother plant which I've had..Tasty Stuff.
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    if you wanna grow something high yeilding, check out Bomb seeds!
    Im growing gorilla bomb right meow, because who doesnt love gorilla glue and this stuff is supposed to be super resioney delicous for extracting, thinking itll make some nice rosin. Ive read that every other strain they have is generally i light feeder with the exception of gorilla bomb.... And it is a pig let me tell you!!

These guys crossed bc big bud with something high thc and thc bomb was born, then theyve been crossing that with some other amazing strains, in a couple grows im gonna try something else, but it wont be the main event, ive also been looking into Reggae seeds for my more medicinal main event kinda stuff im actually really excited to try their dancehall.

My gorillas are starting to flower :blush: qg6srbed0b6oz5dl.jpg
  • okla68m
    Broke down and visited a new dispensary and picked up some MK ULTRA.....After trying it and then reading about it, think I'll include it into my next grow....!
    Would have got some GG4, but, my friend has some hanging, so, will get to try that soon.
    Getting ready to Further upset wife as I'm about to take over another closet, this one for Drying. Will use the current closet to house next grow, along with tent with a 2nd strain (maybe 3rd, idk).
    After last grow I got lazy enjoying the fruits of my labor and par for my MO, didn't Start the Next round soon enough...i.e. Ran Out basically !
  • okla68m
    bfj1qzk5hxt8t7n5.jpg
    From this....
    To this in 90 dayst70ij045i8owkwpz.jpg
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    vci4hp734dksyvmz.jpg
    151opvw853b73j8w.jpg
    Air layering experiment!! :razz:
  • Alexis
    Growing 101 by importance:
    1. grow environment (lights, tent/room, hvac)
    2. genetics (seeds/clones)
    3. nutrients
    4. knowledge....podcast/youtube grow shows (do not waste time on forums....too much bad info..but we are cool here on vlf.. lol)

Oh.....and some $$$....then your off to the races!
    LabPong

Easy bro. You forgot the all important number 5- Luck! Every grower still needs a bit of good luck. A strange, but I fear real phenomenon. So many things can go wrong no matter how attentive you are to all of the details and processes, not least of all ending up in jail lol! :lol:
  • Alexis
    It's amazing how much they have come on in the last 2 days.
    — Alexis

This reminds me of a lesson a friend drilled into my head. Dont get too eager to harvest. There is a window of ripeness that stays open for a few weeks. The difference of a few days right at the end can be huge.
    The Rogue Wax Works

Absolutely. And I have harvested plants just slightly too early before. But much more so, I have messed up massively and harvested many a plant too late totally ruining the enjoyment of the effects for me, with far too much cbn for my own personal liking.

And it can only take a day or two for the trichome development to come on quite rapidly and take the plant past where you ideally would like to harvest it for your own preferences.

So it has to be timed just right from both ends and in many ways can actually be the trickiest part of the entire growing process.

3 out of 5 are hang drying currently and I'm pretty confident we have got them pretty much spot on just two left now which I am studying as well as I can but it really isn't easy always to see the difference between clear and cloudy and also you need to really examine the whole plant and take a mental note as you are doing this building up some type of statistical graph in your imagination to refer to the decide when the plant is ready.

I don't find this to be an easy task and it causes me quite some anxiety and unrest. I really dont know if I will be harvesting one fantasmo Express tomorrow, both of them, or neither. I will have a thorough inspection of trichs then take it from there.
  • okla68m
    SOOO TRUE...the most Anxious time is deciding WHEN to Harvest. Seems Trichomes can Drastically change in 24-48 hours. Of my 2 Cherry Pie plants, one seems to be a week ahead of the other, yet, examining trichs the Smaller of the 2 is Already showing some Amber...trying to get to 75% Cloudy, 25% Amber...so this causes Anxiety...like WTF...you've been Behind your sister all this time and Now Maturing Faster ? According to Normal Timetables(9 weeks) they've got another 9 days...most of the Pistils on the larger plant are still White, where the shorter one is starting to Brown...so, it's like Slower to Grow, yet, Final Maturing Faster. Gonna have watch CLOSE !
    My Tangcicle clone pistils seemed to All go Brown over night...along with the Trichs...so in the dark and chopped they went....NICE AROMA !!!!
  • Alexis
    yes mate I hear you on all of those points. For sure it's no exact science and never totally predictable. I have exactly the same experience with plants of the same strain developing at different rates and then catching each other up and overtaking each other etc lol.

But we start everything from seed and we always get a variety of phenotypes even the same phenotypes will vary from plant to plant by a few days most likely.

Personally I dont want much amber, just max cloudiness for max THC. I cant wait for the rain to finally be clear tomorrow so I can get them out in the garden again for a good inspection it might be chop day it might not.

At the same time it might be time to trim the first two plants in the cupboard then again it might not!

Trimming and jarring is also another extremely important and anxious part of the process for me because you really need to use your senses and judgement and I am highly compromised with both.

If only we could get an app to tell us exactly when to harvest and when to jar. :rofl:
  • okla68m
    Yes, the ability to take a couple pictures, the App analyze's the pics and gives you a answer according to your entered specs, lol !
    "THERE'S AN APP FOR THAT" !
    OK IT people, get busy !
  • okla68m
    Is that a Potato ? Trying to grow roots mid-stream ?
  • Alexis
    Is that a Potato ? Tokla68m

I think it is a sheep's bladder!
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    ideally you would use roxul, im not a big fan or spender.
    a little tlc got hard core and i broke the stem a bit and i though what a great opportunity to try something new. Threw some root gel on it and wrapped a jiffy pellet around her, to make things even more intresting shes a week and a halfish into flower so its almost a "monster crop" i guess thats what they call cloning froma flowering plant.

I think this is how im going to be cloing from now on, im taking a whole little plant pretty much its gonna be cool if it works.
  • okla68m
    Broke several Training them...I use Tape! Cloning a flowering plant....kool.....I've Revenged one but never cloned one...Best of Luck !
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    i actually had this one saran wrapped up and then i was hit with something.
  • okla68m
    Growers...HELP.....
    Cherry Pie..supposed to take 9 weeks to complete....it's been 54 days....The Majority of the Pistil's are still White, yet, Trichomes are about 30-40% Amber...do I Chop regardless of the White Pistils....at Max Amber Now, but, technI call still have 9 days..??????
    WHAT TO DO ?????
  • Gonzo
    Don't go by the average time to complete....the best way is to look at the trichromes and harvest when they get to where you want them (amber percent).
  • okla68m
    Regardless if Pistils still being 50% White ?
  • Gonzo
    It's personal preference on that but if you wait for the pistils to turn color you may end up with the trichromes going too far.....it's hard to really say because I think each strain can have different effects depending on how mature you let the trichromes go....harvest too early and you get anxiety and wait too long and you get couch lock. How did the trich's look on your past harvest? Too me, harvesting too early is worse than harvesting a little late.

Edit: definitely depends on the strain
  • okla68m
    First time with this strain....Oddly it's the Slower Growing of the 2....
  • Gonzo
    This may help:
    d9afcnndnkt7hfik.jpg
  • okla68m
    Contrary to these examples...my Pistil's are 70% White, yet, 40+% of Trichomes are Amber...that's what has been confusing me....the Ratio is Off....too many White Hairs Pistils, yet, Too Many Amber Trichomes in comparison........I CUT THE LIGHT TO DARKNESS !
    Hopefully me watering them Before I realized just How many Trics have turned Amber Won't Fk things up...I left the 240cfm(tent is 40cuft, lol) exhaust fan on to help evaporate the moisture. Will leave them in pots for 48 hours in darkness before I Chop. My Tangcicle is on its 3rd day hanging/shrinking, lol !
  • Alexis

This is good advice, and the sort of thing that a lot of growers especially new ones are not aware of so well done for mentioning this.

I do believe this phenomena exist although I haven't sussed it out to tell you how it works. Like for example whether a sativa dominant strain is more likely to have lighter Pistols at peak potency or vice versa and the same for indica.

And then and you say it is also very strain specific and not just sativa and indica ratio.

And this is essentially why it is important to at least have a look at the trichomes. I was getting a bit concerned early on in our grow this year because it looked like the trichomes were going cloudy very early while the Pistols were completely white but actually the Pistols caught up on all of them all and have turned colour and just about turned in at the same time as the trichomes are at their maximum cloudiness and potency.

I am studying the last 2 like a hawk daily. They are so so close. Very few amber on the whole, just isolated select patches. Mostly cloudy and perfectly formed trichs.

They were inside the kitchen all day yesterday for a rainy day but I got an amount this morning in excellent light for a good inspection and some decent photos:
    20190815-072030.jpg
    20190815-072105.jpg
    20190815-072129.jpg
    20190815-072138.jpg
    20190815-072207.jpg
    20190815-072212.jpg
    20190815-072214.jpg20190815-072231.jpg20190815-072254.jpg20190815-072450.jpg20190815-072456.jpg20190815-072507.jpg20190815-072519.jpg20190815-072527.jpg20190815-072547.jpg20190815-072731.jpg20190815-085113.jpg20190815-085146.jpg20190815-085201.jpg20190815-085209.jpg20190815-085222.jpg
  • Alexis
    And... I just found a really interesting link which I never saw before maybe it's quite new when I was looking for a good link for somebody about the magnetised water we use:
    https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/documents/cases/1999/09/painstopcmp.htm
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment