• Bud
    Just tried out the mechanic's stethoscope I bought to see where the ticking sound is coming from...

IT'S THE FUEL INJECTORS

A very clear ticking sound that gets louder and faster as you rev,

What do I do???
  • Bud
    They're new injectors installed last year, do they need to be adjusted or something?
  • BestBuds
    I know, stupid question. Did you check your plugs to make sure they are tight? Did you put the good gas in?
    Other than that maybe take a look at the lifter?
  • Pud
    Get some lucas injector cleaner... maybe some junk got in there... are you one yo run your fuel down to below E before you refill?
    As long as you are positive it is coming from the fuel rail and not a rocker arm
  • Dr green thumb
    i1bgbmu0ndzsk94y.jpg
    0p8g01wsjm72d4xm.jpg

Injectors tic, even on stock fuel systems. The fuel additive quieted mine down. I add the oil additive when changing the oil. Hope it helps
  • Bruce
    what does it look like now? BiYatch?
  • Bud
    Changing the brand of gas and adding a healthy dose of marvel mystery oil seems to have helped a little bit, it sounds a lil quieter, hope it stays!!
  • Baron23
    marvel mystery oilBud

That shit is the BOMB!! I have it and use it on rifle bolts and its magic stuff. Never heard of putting it auto oil, but I bet stuff has way less friction.

Where did you run across this product...its not that well known, I believe. I mean, its not a common household item, right?
  • Bruce
    Looks like a kick ass car. Sometimes mufflers or catalytic converters can make noise. I used Cata-Clean no more noise.
156789Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet