• Stants
    These have dropped to around £100.00 where I am, is it worth picking one up at this price as an introduction to desktop units ?
  • Robo7676
    Most definitely worth it as long as you get DDave mods for the Q, even if you grab only the 18MM mod set for $15.00, turns the Q into a real cloud maker.
  • BestBuds
    I definitely think it's a worthwhile buy. The DDave mods are good but not needed. Maybe get the DDave mods after you get a handle on the vape itself more. That way it will re excite you for this great vape. The price keeps going down because it's old, this is what we should be seeing with the volcano. :roll:
    It doesn't produce the best vapor but it's not bad it's quite good in fact. But for me if I want to rocket off into oblivion a few bags will do it.
    It's great for having some buds over and passing a bag or two, maybe the whip.
  • Stants

Thanks for the info, I love my ghost but when people do come over it's more of a hassle showing them how to use it and get the technique down, would love to be able to have a session vape that's easy to use for novices
  • martinstraka8282
    I love mine and picked up the DDave mods for it. It's my heaviest hitter and I really enjoy the big hits through my biggest bong.

For the price, it's a steal imo.
  • OhHello
    Definitely worth it, I paid $100 new here in the states and best bang for the buck
  • Jory
    @OhHello
    Where did you find it for $100 at? It's been about $150 everywhere I've seen. For $100 I'll order o e today.
    Thanks.
  • OhHello

Dankgeek with points
  • Trix
    I think it’s a fantastic vape. As others have already said the DDave mods definitely improve the overall density of the vapor as the bowl is much closer to the heating source.
    IMO this is one of the most versatile multi functional affordable vapes on the market.
    Several forum members speak very highly about the Extreme Q myself included!
  • Stants
    Payday today so, once I've paid some bills I'll see what's left in the pot, the hardest things going to be hiding it from the misses :rofl:
  • treecityrnd
    maybe this is why I'm single :chin:
  • Jory
    @OhHello
    Thanks. I've never heard of them before. I'll have to check it out though. Thanks
  • Stants
    Got one coming in the post tomorrow, one turned up today but they shipped the v tower instead of the extreme, can't fault vapefiend's (uk) customer service, as long as they'd received a proof of return postage they got the correct one on a 24hr service to me no questions asked, also got a ddave type mod from a uk seller & smaller glass screen whip attachment arriving,
  • Bruce
    I have the Extreme Q 7 years. I have owned a Volcano and other desktop dry herb vaporisers and the no question the Arizer Extreme Q is far better than the S and B Vapes. Just my opinion
  • spider
    The one thing that I have extensively heard about the EQ, is you definitely want to invest in the ddave mod, it basically makes everything function way more efficiently, I was actually going to buy it for my next vape but I changed my mind to the weedeaeter now✌⚡ddave is always updating his mods and he just came out with a direct glass draw with balloon function, I would def check him out if your going that direction
  • Brian420PM
    I just got the Arizer V-Tower with the DDave mod. I didn't want the Q features of an adjustable fan and bag options. Love it, my long search for a desktop flower vape is over.
  • Biesas

If it ain't a secret, where in UK did you find the ddave mods for sale?

I considered getting the Q before purchasing my Volcano, but now thinking of thinning out my collection of vapes or replacing the ones I've got.
    For example if I would sell my Volcano, I could get the Q and an OmniXL for roughly that amount of money :wink:
    Still need to free myself of my sealed Tera :groan: it's been sitting in the classifieds for nearly two weeks, looks like it's gonna have to go on ebay...
  • Stants

Hi mate, I'll put the link up for you it's an ebay seller, as far as I'm aware it's basically a shorter stem I'll need to put my own screens in but it was only £8.00 so if its crap I'll stump up for a genuine one and play the duty & customs roulette :lol:

I bought a ghost earlier in the year to replace my boundless cfv but trying to tell people how to get good hits is a pita, a volcano was a bit out of my price range at the mo as I'd like the hybrid but I can't justify 550 for something that will mainly be used for friend sessions, daft thing is with extra battery 2x crucible dispensers I've nearly spent as much on that than a volcano would have cost but it's all far easier to hide from the misses.

Was contemplating the terra before the ghost, think theres not too many uk members here so the sale section may not be as busy as our US friends glws!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F142239313106
  • Stants

Believe it it not there was only £10 difference between the two here at the moment, I went with the fan assist as it may help my misses as she has no draw capacity in her so this way she'll be able to just inhale naturally from a bag or the whip
  • Stants

Here's a comparison picture for you mate,

'Nockoff ddvave' on the right tum70xodg3c6d0wf.jpg
  • Stants
    8ldycyy9vaq8d6hq.jpg

1st one of these for nearly 20 years
    Not sure why it's been that long since I had one,

Run a bolw of stardawg through the nock off ddave mod & whip with and without with fan assist

Now trying the cyclone with balloon,

For a hundred quid this thing is brilliant,
    Attachment
    20190816_133601 (177K)
  • Igor
    Definitely, tons of people have them and I get zero complaints
  • Stants

Quick question, how much is a reasonable pack for the cyclone bowl with bag attached & could I elbow pack for the bag or would it not produce enough vapour for it ?

The 1st time I used it I filled the bowl to the brim and ended up very high obviously great for effects but bad for amount consumed,

The abv comes out alot darker than anything else I've vaped through and was comparing it with my abv from the ghost, decided for shits and giggles I'd run a bowl of that the other day and was surprised how much was left in the bud from the ghost, obviously flavour wasn't great but did the job
  • BestBuds
    could I elbow pack for the bagStants
    Absolutely.
  • Bruce

The Extreme Q, you can pack the elbow. I have done it many times. It doesnt lose anything, however it will fill the balloon a bit slower.

2 Grams Sound right? Works for me!
  • Bruce
    Not only is it brilliant, in my opinion its MUCH better than any of the Volcano's. I have not used a Hybrid, yet...

I think the difference between the S & B vapes is... If I were a care giver I would use the Volcano Vapes. Because of the simplicity (Valve System). It looks like a medical device and is. The Extreme Q is better in all categories in my opinion. It looks nice, tastes nice For the home user its the best. The glass is why I dont think the Extreme Q is for Medical Care Givers. I have seen them in action. I volunteer and see the Volcano in most NJ Medical facilities. Its simpilar and easier. But the Extreme Q is delicate.
  • Stants

Didn't actually weigh what I loaded in the 1st time
    Just packed as much in as I felt was ok and to allow for a bit of movement a9hx5bq8vgklh8ab.jpg

For the price point I couldn't fault it, I'd have loved a hybrid volcano but theres a few life issues getting in the way at the moment.

As a cheap desktop I can get out when my daughter is away its spot on
  • Jari
    I've got mine 2 hours ago. This is my first desktop and i'm impressed. Heater was about 20 minutes 250C to make new vape burnoff and then i dropped 180C. I packed 3/4 dome screens to elbow and start pulling slowly with whip. Good visible and potent vapor so low temp. I dont think you can get any better device this price range (126€)
  • BestBuds
    I have been getting bored lately. So tonight I decided to try the stems I use on my RBT vapes on the EQ. So I put on the ddaves adapter that gets me closest to the heater and damn it's putting out really good vapor with a lamart spikey stem insert in a Ed's stem. Lol what a combo! :lol: tasty and I'm feeling good too. I hesitated to post this as arizer has been sort of unkind to the accessories community lately.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment