• Z Master
    Hello everyone, I’m going to buy my very first grinder. I’ve always broken it up by hand. I’ve narrowed my decision between the Santa Cruz Shredder 3pc Vs Space Case 3pc. I’m wanting to know if either one of these is better for a course grind, if anyone knows I’d appreciate the help.

• Ctipp22
    I love my shredder and that's all I know lol
  • cilantroAccepted Answer
    I have both and they’re both great. SCS has the coarse fluffy grind vs more ‘flaky’ consistency of the SC.
  • Z Master
    thanks appreciate it. Will be buying my shredder rn
  • EconMan

I would seriously checkout the@HerbRipper. He has a large and small, and it is 100% solid stainless steel... if it gets gunky, throw it in the dishwasher (seriously). He has also put a lot of effort into developing a real "coarse" plate.

My favorite grinder I've ever used.

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/3144/the-ripper-stainless-steel-grinder
  • Z Master
    ima look rn thanks
  • Z Master
    is the 3pc one a course grinder it doesn’t say, should I contact them
  • EconMan
    is the 3pc one a course grinder it doesn’t say, should I contact themJMH

Yeah. He just finished his new coarse based on our discussions and his other research. A *real* coarse grind.

The two big things I love are the stainless steel construction and the "firehose" threads that only take a quarter turn to fully open and close -- quicker than magnets.

Att! @HerbRipper
  • Z Master
    if the 3pc is a coarse grind I’ll spend the extra money for it. I like coarse grinds the best by far!
  • EconMan
    I like coarse grinds the best by far!JMH

Essential for some vapes. With fine grinds I've made a high correlation with taste degradation.

You can get any of the plates you want when you order or you can get a discounted set. I got the set without the pollen screen, because I find them annoying and unuseful. But if you like the screens, he has them -- all ss too of course!

With set I got I did not think -- like with most grinders - coarse was coarse enough. So he redesigned it with input from others and he has made the "holes" much bigger now. Coarse MUST be somewhat "chunky". I think you'll like it. He can even engrave it if you desire.
  • Stants
    Had a two piece & 4 piece space case for years, I'd say the grind is more medium to coarse,
    Pros, they seem to last forever and are well made
    Cons, they are made out of ally where as the newer grinders are made of stainless, which is better for your health as you won't get any soft ally shavings from it (depending on where & what you read)
    They do clean up well when soaked in iso though !
  • Z Master
    thanks for the info, I appreciate it. Now I want a stainless steel one
  • EconMan
    Now I want a stainless steel oneJMH

No paint, anodization, coatings.... nothing to chip, flake, etc. For me it is like my glass and quartz. :love:
  • Z Master
    I don’t want to spend over the $89 3pc so hopefully it’s a course grinder haha
  • Z Master
    will the Course-Grater-Plate that’s sold separately fit the 3pc?
  • EconMan

Yes. They are all (by size of course) interchangeable.

I have fine, medium and coarse. I never use the fine.
  • Z Master
    which one do you have? Im buying the 3pc rn, I like it all stored together & no screens.
  • mmx
    If you dont want medium plate and like course instead. Write to @HerbRipper about it and he will probably swap them for you - price stays the same. If you want both medium & course, then you will have to pay 30$ extra.

I bought XL Ripper when it got out with medium plate. I love the fluffy consistent grind, but I am getting courser one very soon.
  • Z Master
    that’s really cool, I have to get the small one first. I’m really excited. I will see if they will switch it out cause I don’t want a fine grind plate. the main reason I’ve never owned a grinder of my own before and always use my fingers. Is the medium to course grind that much of a difference?
    Worth the $30?
  • HerbRipper
    did I receive an email about this from you? The answer is heck yes I can swap them out. Now our regular grinder is 2” in diameter. I just want you to have all the facts before you make the greatest decision of your life.

@EconMan will receive his newest course grind by Tuesday and will be able to answer any questions you may have. I am happy to but it’s always good to hear from a non biased opinion. Plus it’s all relative but it in fact is a course grind.
  • EconMan
    Worth the $30?JMH

To me, yes :)

I have fine, medium and coarse. I never use the fine.
  • mmx
    Well, I cant see myself without medium plate. I use it for everything - perfect grind for most of my vapes and also for rolling Js.

But few vapes (firefly, g43, even solo2) "need" courser grind for better flavour etc... I will also experiment with other vapes and see how it goes. When I saw Kevins new course plate, I said fuck yea - its the most course plate I have seen in my life and thats exactly what I need. Those holes will rip :monkey: haha.
  • Z Master
    Im going to place my order for the 3pc grinder. So you will put a course plate in it instead of the fine grind plate? Do you want me to dm you with my order# or how does this work? & thank you so much for replying on here so fast! You’re awesome and I appreciate you doing the swap of plates for me. I want to add a medium with the course plate but don’t see it on the website.
  • Z Master
    I think I’m going to invest in the medium plate too! I don’t like fine grinds in my vapes, I feel like the course will work just have to bump up the heat a little. Thanks for your help I appreciate it. The Herb Ripper will be my first grinder!
  • Z Master
    what do you use your medium plate for? I think I’m going to invest in one with the course plate
  • Z Master
    I did email the website yes
  • HerbRipper
    I’ll get you taken care of for sure!
  • Z Master
    thank you, much appreciated!
  • LabPong
    Brilliant Cut Diamond grinder.........if you have no need to separate kief.
  • Z Master
    I bought the HerbRipper 3pc Stainless Steel Course Ginger, thanks tho
  • LabPong
    ↪LabPong
    I bought the HerbRipper 3pc Stainless Steel Course Ginger, thanks tho
    JMH

Good deal.....pretty tuff choice between the two top of the line grinders. In the end...my decision to go with the DC grinder instead of the Ripper was because of weight. Price did not matter to me that much.

But I must say.....using the DC is pretty nice as I like the lower section and how you can use it for a temp store point. And I actually have no need for my pax scoop with it....as the center post and heavy radius outer edge in the bottom... make it super easy to "pinch load" from your thumb and index finger. I do not like handling my grinded flower....but doing this to fill an Elev8r bowl is so fast and easy now with the DC grinder.

Pretty much can not go wrong with either choice.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment