• Hapo
    ...it's time to ask if it hasn't been asked already...

...some of the things that developed during the recent live stream aboot the Weed Eater got us to thinkin'...

...which of the two is better...???...is it that simple...???...
  • Bad Dog
    That's definitely a loaded question, it's not apples and oranges more like Granny Smith vs golden delicious , both apples but different experiences. I can't really comment I haven't had the pleasure of trying either but I have put in to be in the G43 wait list. Someone with more experience should be able to give you a better answer
  • Hapo
    …I misread that at first...

...two kinds of apples is a good analogy...

...but they seem to me to be more like two kinds of delicious...
  • Bad Dog
    Yeah I can be a little hard to understand sometimes lol. I was on the fence between the two and I'm not 100% sure why I picked the G43, buzz, curiosity, something. Now I play the waiting game.............. the waiting game sucks, who wants to play hungry hungry hippos
  • Ctipp22
    I say lets not do anymore VS. threads. They are both great.
  • McNuggetsTrip
    I agree they are both great.

I personally like the flowerpot better in taste and one hit extractions. The metal is a + since I'm clumsy.

The G43 is way too good for its price point. Some people don't like the big load size but the elevator bowl makes up for that. Great flavour and milky hits. (I take this out on the go when an outlet is not available. Great for camping)
  • Ctipp22
    But the prices are so far apart its not even funny. Flowerpot is more refined but G43 when using the right wattage is pretty even comparison of vapor quality. G43 is definitely more portable to bring around too.
  • Hapo
    ...well of course they are both great or I would not be comparing them...

...VS threads are pretty much the backbone of my interest here...

...it was Vape Critic comparisons that got me here in the first place...

..I have already learned something of interest in one post here...

...the lower draw resistance and smaller load size are two things I much prefer aboot the Flowerpot...

...the complexity and expense weigh heavily against it...
  • Ctipp22
    OK well heres the thing. If its gonna be your at home daily driver get a FP . If you move around a lot and shit get a G43. Both are excellent but I would give the edge to the FP but it also costs ALOT more. G43 you gotta replace batteries and tinker a bit more.
  • McNuggetsTrip
    I stuck my wattage to 10.5 to get all those terps :razz: The G beats any vape by a land slide. The G is the first thing I pick up to get blasted. But on those long work days and I'm sick of the pain I throw on the flowerpot as the heat up time is faster
  • Hapo
    ...the comparison of vapor quality was what I was especially interested in...

...I thought maybe the 'Pot might edge the G43 in huge dragon hits that don't choke you out...

...or is it the other way around...???...

...also there are so many types of flower pots now I don't know how to really compare them to the G43...

...does the Wedd Eater have less draw resistance than the other flower pot types...???...
  • Hapo
    ...youse guys think and type much faster than Hapo...
  • McNuggetsTrip
    more draw resistance with the Weed eater. I personally would recommend the G as you can take monster rips and pull as hard as you want. I have the flowerpot and I can't really get fat milked hits without the carb cap (personally). If find the G fits most situations when the FP is mostly just a home thing
    Flowerpots have such low draw resistance it’s notvevrn measurable and almost needs water to create some. G has a little and is better if you if you use your glass dry. G can be used through a Jhook easier.
  • UbarDog
    You want to compare excatly ?

Value ? Price is like x5
    Quality of Vapour produced ?

Maybe more fair would be .

Flowerpot VS Five G-43's - Let talk about this instead .
  • Ctipp22
    What do you have currently to judge vapor quality? Im telling ya both are pretty spot on. and adjustable. The thing that's better about the G is you can take it anywhere also. The flowerpot you aint going nowhere. Vapor quality are both pretty equal IMO. But for me leaving a unit on my desk ready to go whenever I poke into the room is a huge benefit since I have to take care of house shit.
  • Hapo
    ...FWIW I am (hopefully?) on the list for the Mod Model G43...

...I originally decided on a Flower Pot, but I was overwhelmed by the choices and complexity when I actually checked out the FlowerPot more then the expense...

...I bought an E Nano and a Dyna Vap to hold me over...I just may be set...

...it's all boot the vapor quality/potency...
  • McNuggetsTrip
    G heaven
    I've put my FP through my J hook and small rig dry. A little harsh through the J hook but nothing we couldn't handle
  • Ctipp22
    How long is a typical session for you? How many Huge rips back to back do you need?
  • Hapo

...LoL...see above...

...before that it was an OG Pax and some time with an Extreme Q...
  • Hapo
    ...session...???...well, I sleep severl hours a day so I don't vape then....

...otherwise it's three nano pack per hour or so...

...I lik to mix 60% THC kief with 30% THC flower...

...genrally prefer hy brids...doing sativas today...
  • Ctipp22
    If you need a lot of bowls in a row back to back for over 30 minutes to an hour the FP is easier. If you take a few big tokes and just want super good vapor get a G43 and go take somebody on a date and buy some lobster
  • Hapo
    ...so...I you're saying I need both...check...:grimace: :up:
  • Hapo
    ...as ungainly as the G43 is compared to to other vapes it is svelt compared to the Flower Pot...

...that thing looks like a science project...

...I greatly prefer the form factor of the G43...

...Bud seemed somewhat surprised by the Weed Eater though...
  • Baron23
    Alright....I hesitate to post here because I'm sure to step in shit with someone....but I'm impulsive so here it is! haha

First, Bud ( @vapecritic and I are good personal friends and I strongly support ALL of his efforts to make and market a very simple but very good vaporizer. There is no mitigation in this statement, none at all, right?

So with that said, I do tend to agree that the comparison is not really valid given the differences in material, build, and cost.

IMO, they both are heavy hitters...VERY heavy hitters.

In my G43, with the new mod that Bud sent me (old one went bonkers and wasn't reading resistance correctly and hence ran a bit cold), I can run it with top shelf flower (last night was Captains Cake at 31%), a .2 g load (more or less), and get two house on fire rips, a stir, then a small clean up draw (that really isn't worth it but I'm also obsessive haha). To me, this is the def of heavy hitting, no doubt. I guess you can sip with it rather than rip, but why???? LOL

My Flower Pot Shower Head can rip a .1 - .2 g load in three draws with a stir and a clean up. If you draw slow enough you can really get it done in one or two draws. Def a heavy hitter also. No doubt.

The G43 is, as we all know, almost all glass with great taste, its inexpensive, and its simple...and Bud even wants it to be more simple with the battery slide version (a desire I agree with, by the by).

The main differences, IMO, are durability and cost. The G43 is home made (and many people love certain vapes for this artisan aspect) and made out of glass. I'm glad to dip mine in ISO to the screen level, but I'm NEVER going to take the damn thing apart, get all of the balls out, and clean it to that extent. So, to me...while I believe that my G43 will last quite a while this way, I do view it as an essentially consumable item. BUT, its $99 and I expect my G43 to last a lot longer than a lot of other Hunert' Dollr' vapes, right?

The FP is all precision machined Titanium, you would have to run it over with a tank to damage it, yeah...coils can go bad but they aren't expensive and I have some that have been working fine for a few years, and while NV is a "small business" they are in fact a bit more of an established company and hence CS, repair parts, etc are perhaps a bit more assured.

In my view, for $99 everybody ought to plan for a G43. You just can't get better vapor for anything like that price, anywhere...I believe.

But I also think that the FP (and the EVO frankly) is a the top tier professionally built desktop that will last you a lifetime, literally...but the cost is much higher and only the buyer can evaluate value vs cost as its so personal a judgement (this is where @economan needs to step in! haha).
  • BobCat
    Where is the Glass Symphony Contingent to further muddy the waters?

I said the 43 was easier, didn’t say impossible with the FP :rofl: Your a brave man for trying that!

I have both while the FP being new I’m sure there is a lot of NVS (new vape syndrome) going on but my daily driver use to be dynavaps and induction heaters, I have not loaded a cap since Saturday morning(received the FP Saturday). I only used the G43 at night but haven’t touched that either. I look forward to using them again but with having the FP on all day I really have to go out of my way to use something else while home. It was and continues to be expensive(keep ordering more shit, lol) but not overpriced, there is a difference. I went with the Vrod and it’s 3 vapes in one, weed, dab, and both. I am not real experienced with dabbing but the Vrod replaces all my concentrate vapes. The thought of using my SAI or dynacoil or even the carta I had(I couldn’t get the temp right) while mobile scares me. Dabbing from the Vrod is a completely different and enjoyable experience, while before i was just using a concentrate delivery device.
    This morning At 5am I did a half bowl and a dab over it with my favorite morning strain in each and It was twice as intense, enjoyable and long as my normal dynavap routine I have done for months. It was a heavenly morning and lingered till about 11:00.
  • Terpenetime
    @Baron23 I don’t own either but that would appear to be a fair summary.

I can’t wait to get my G43 (but I’m going to have to!)
  • LabPong
    Where is the Glass Symphony Contingent to further muddy the waters?BobCat

I shall raise the pot and throw in my Elev8r....... :wink:
  • Trix
    Never tried a Flowerpot....
    The G43 is a fantastic Vape at a great price!!!
    Huge flavorful rips and as long as you have a few extra batteries to spare you can go as long as you want. Almost no draw resistance with G43.
    Still a daily driver for me. :up: :up:
  • Hapo
    ...the draw resistance was a thing of great interest...

...Bud noted the nearly non existent draw resistance of the Weed Eater in his livestream and this intrigued me...

...it made me think the G43 had a signifigent amount...I am weary of draw resistance...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment