• Tonda24
    Hi I bought Davinci iq the first problem does not work bluetooth (can not be paired) another problem I have damaged my silicone ring under the aroma chamber. No support for my bluetooth problem. On the internet I have now found a lot of information about the awful support of Davinci. Should I deal with a fix or try another brand? Davinci is 3 months old.
  • rc-01
    Davinci IQ apps seems not to be working for many months. My IQ was not heating up after 3 months, contact IQ for warranty on the website. Send my IQ photos with the serial number and proof of purchase. After a day, received an email from IQ that device is valid for warranty.

Send Davinci a video as requested by them. After a day or two they emailed to send the IQ in with RMA no provided. 2 weeks later it was fixed and ship back to me. No charges at all except for shipping to them.

Overall, communication with IQ is easy and each communication is kept within a ticket number.
  • trulukkyphrank
    I had also good experience with them but last time was over a year ago! I had 2 RMA and got everytime a brand new unit. ONce the vibrator motor was loose inside and the other case was a dead power button.

try what @rc-01 stated above
  • Hapo
    ...I passed on the Davinci behind a story a sales person told me...

...he said he had the Davinci and at first it was good but it's heat sink or something shorted out and the battery would only last one session...even putting in a new battery would not change this...

...Davinci pretty much blew him off, with their best solution being to "plug it in"...

...some "10 year warrrenty"...
  • Dr green thumb
    and what were you buying from said salesman? Let me guess it was the pax3. I have yet to find anyone in a smokeshop or dispensary that knows anything about vapes.
  • Hapo
    ...correct...I was initially attracted to the removable battery feature...

...I don't think he was making anything up...

...he uses a Pax3 now but there was no percentage in it for him...

...I certainly like the concept of the Ghost MV1 but the reality of it is a bit much...

...I may be checking one out soon anyway, as don't think the Pax3 is all that much of an improvement over the Pax, much to my disgust and disappointment...

...they may have greatly improved some features but it is still like hitting a Pax, eh...
  • Dankpup
    it would seem odd to blow off a vape shop sales person, especially one carrying/selling your product , but who knows. I have I miqro and haven’t had issues yet.
  • Hapo

...I didn't blow him off...I followed his advise and bought the Pax3..

...the guys seems to be a good merchant with no bullshit to him...
  • Dankpup
    sorry, I meant a vape store employee selling davinci getting crappy customer service from davinci would seem like shooting themselves in the foot.
  • Hapo
    ...no shit...it sure put me off, especially seeing the defect rate in the Davinci...
  • Metallurgico
    I contacted DaVinci two months ago requesting help for my unit that won't go over 135 °C.
    They kindly reply asking me to do something but it did not help to get the device to work again.

The 16th of October mr. Rich Miguel wrote me "We will be sending you a replacement unit in exchange for your faulty device. You will receive a notification from our shipping department with a tracking number when your replacement device is ready to ship".
    I wrote to them the 6th of November and mr. Patrick told me "We apologize for the delay we have been having issues with our mail system. You device will be shipping out no later than Friday."
    It's the 19th of November and nothing has happened.

This is what I call SCAM or FRAUD.
    This is not a customer service, it's real shit.

I will never buy any DaVinci product again.
    You tell it has 10 years of warranty just to get people to buy your products and then you give no help.

That's bad, really bad.

Is this something normal with DaVinci?
  • Metallurgico
    Great news!
    This is the reply of today.
    "We promise we are not a scam we have been migrating the EU warehouse to a new facility so we have had to ship all EU items from the US and they automated email system has been having issue with the migration."

I may receive the new unit today or next week.
    I think they need to improve on communication, but hey it's great to say their customer service works in some way.
  • Karec
    My only problem with the IQ is that after some usage the MP lid pops off (dont know exactly why besides the high temp making the silicone ring that secures the cooling chamber start to do this with continuous use....).
    The IQ have other "issue" that comes from the box and thats the air flow or air resistance, sometimes its a pain to suck hard on that sH!t (for me that is the worst in this device.... besides that it is a wonderful vape, stealthy, small, wonderful design with replaceable bat and the 10 year warranty.
    I only got an IQ after got heart broken with the Crafty and S&B RMA, they only offered a discount on a new device and didnt offer a repair (2nd unit 13months of use but died after purchase warranty period...) i wasn't willing to get a crafty every 2 years (they didnt last that long in my hands) and i went IQ, later i found some videos and i repair my old OG crafty... i dont rate it as high as the Crafty, im just comparing these 2 because of the price, i think the IQ is minus 50usd at least compairing to the Crafty.
    I still use my IQ especially on the go, my Migthy is not pocket friendly although is a portable unit...
    Cheers
    :cool:
  • Gloeck79
    airflow should be free flowing. I have had the IQ for 2-3 years and no problems except one. About a year ago it had a Connection problem, would turn off by itself. All it was was the metal connecting the battery at the bottoms of the device needs to be pulled slightly up. As far as latch or door, most likely the door is not latching properly, I had that problem once, all I did was close the latch then press really hard down on the latch after it’s closed, never had problem since. Make sure when you press down it kinda feels springy as then you know the latch should be in place. As far as batteries, you should get at least 4-5 sessions with the batteries, that’s about 40-50 mins of the device being on 10 minutes a pop. The whole lack of airflow I would really give it a cleaning! Sounds like maybe grind was too fine and material is coming through the holes of the bowl clogging that area between the bowl and ceramic flavor chamber (which I would not put anything in the chamber). Also the top of the flavor chamber can get clogged too with those little holes needs to be cleaned and this again only happens if you do not clean your device. Also the customer service is usually just ok, they usually get back within two days or so and they kinda just are internet based meaning they want pictures and stuff. My friend has one too and had an issue with when he dropped his device with the door opened. Door bent and never closed right so they replace his device with a brand new one, he has never had a problem since that was a year ago. I have never heard any problems with the airflow unless not it’s not cleaned, not saying this is the case but I know I have never had airflow issues unless not cleaned and I mean like not cleaning it for a month or 2 weeks depending all on usage you might get that problem.

I sent a great cleaning video, IQ is a beast and you can get massive clouds with it. My ceramic ball broke broke recently but I use the ceramic spacers that really work well. Funny I recently contacted IQ this week and they responded in 2 days their customer service and all I have to do is take pictures email them back then they email me what I need to do next meaning send back for free and they fix or replace it free of charge. You really can’t beat that but I get some may have horror stories because that’s the nature of the beast with any product. Here is that cleaning video and also check out his review on the IQ and Micro or his review on the IQ, it’s pretty much spot on.

https://youtu.be/Nx0D2R5etLw

Again this is just my experiences and others may have good or bad experiences with the IQ so I’m not dismissing anyone else’s experiences with this device. This is just my opinion through my experiences and through a friend who has this device too.
  • Metallurgico
    I just received the new IQ, I'm glad all went ok.
    It seems like they addressed some issues with vapor path, battery lid and mouthpiece opening while in use. They changed the vibration motor to a more silent one.
    I think they silently released an IQ+ fixing some problems
  • Karec
    Mate i appreciate you input, but the airflow is crap with the IQ... i dont know your vape arsenal and which vape you are comparing to but its not the same as the Crafty or Mighty for sure...and im happy that you are happy and ok with yours but the airflow is a turn off widely mentioned by many that owns this device (maybe yours its on point there...)
    I didnt talk about cleaning... satans hole is also widely known but i keep my vapes well clean just because since im a flavour chaser thats one point that as soon i notice i clean, and i do a deep clean, not like Troy because putting ISO inside is one way to damage your device in the long run... but yeah is also one of the worst to clean....
    Never put anything on the flavour chamber because i assume it will constrict even more the air flow so why bother.... grinding it too fine or not for me its not the point because i feel the air resistance empty so ... why bother with different grinder?, and i have a 4 piece grinder so as soon it fits the holes it will not grind further...
    Regarding warranty they are the best in paper because they are the only company that offers 10year warranty, and although i think 5 years should offer from every company 10 years is far too much... but not complaining there...
    Maybe i sound im bitching too much but i own the IQ for more than 3 years and i have some vapes in my arsenal but that my thought on the device, its a love hate relationship :lol: :rofl: :lol: if, with what i know now do i buy it again? probably not its too expensive nowadays vs the vapes around...
    Cheers
  • Gloeck79
    I hear you why I said different experiences will give other users different issues or experiences. I have, Mighty, Ghost MV1, had Air, and the IQ, out of all those I prefer IQ when traveling. Again as in portable discrete or portable by comparison to the Pax as those two are very similar I would personally get the IQ. I am not comparing it to Craft or Might, that’s just not a fair comparison as those are more expensive devices and let’s be honest Crafty or Mighty are a pain to be discreet with or pocket sized. I would bring my Mighty for in door around the house or if I travel and I want to use it at a hotel or vacation home. The IQ is the device I would use to go out on the street with, walk around maybe to a show or concert in parking lot tailgating. I do not know other devices that hit like a beast that small and with excellent flavor too, that battery’s not butane. Plus the ability to change temperatures manually or have 4 preset modes that can rise in temperature gradually. I have heard problems with IQ in the beginning when it 1st came out and lucky I have never had any major issues. As for Air Flow, I really do not have much restrictions comparing to other similar conduction vapes because the smoke is thick or available and the airflow really doesn’t effect your pull or drag because again the IQ has a big hole at the bottoms of the flavor chamber, then big hole on the top of chamber with tiny holes on top too. Those tiny holes may get clogged after over usage. So I guess my point is, what device are you taking in your pocket and use discreetly? Pax, Crafty just too much or bit bulky in pocket, Mighty too big, and I guess comes to Pax vs IQ and I’m sure other devices that might get a runner up. As far as the App. I never use it, I preset the modes long time ago and never use the app. Why because they are set to a good temp or I can manually change temps it I want too.

Anyway like we both said, depends on each users experience with each device. I have had no issues, airflow comparing to other conduction as most conduction vapes have less airflow. So IMHO I don’t see another vape that does everything IQ does in a small discrete way. The fact that I haven’t had issues is the main reason I have liked this device so maybe I got lucky and my other friend got lucky and we didn’t get a lemon or we lucky had no issues with it. Maybe luck of the draw? Good luck and as long as we both find something that works for each of us we are high in the clouds. Enjoy
  • Karec
    we are saying the same things mate, as a portable device i would take a crafty but right now the IQ is my best portable for parties, concerts etc but the airflow/resistance is way different than the Mighty (since you have one im comparing). Another thing is i have to mention the Crafty or Mighty can handle different herbs and still perform i never found an herb that doesn't "work" on the Mighty but concerning the IQ i already had herbs that didnt perform well in the IQ...
    Cheers
  • Gloeck79
    Lol...Thats funny I have never had problems with different herbs with the IQ, I just adjust to them by the different modes they offer or I just dial it in with the manual temp and never had problems with dry herbs on the IQ. I mean with herbs we are just talking whether it’s moist or dryer and with all dry vapes you have to adjust temps to get the correct extraction. I agree Mighty/Crafty has greater airflow and is a better device, but my point I guess was the IQ is just a better portable discrete device than crafty/mighty not as in better performance as the mighty/crafty as the mighty/crafty has better performance but I find them just too big for portability. For price and everything you get for the IQ I just find it one of the better real portable or discrete devices out there. Again comparing IQ vs Pax as they are similar to what target market that it targets or similar in type of devices. I just want to reiterate I don’t think Pax is bad either just my preferences on what the devices offer and practicality as the pax is a good device too. The crafty I hear is good but heard the Mighty was better as I got the Mighty because it fit the need when I was at home walking around the house. Crafty I passed on because I had the IQ and felt the IQ was smaller and had more options. Plus using the ceramic spacers in the IQ also help extracting materials and therefore should never have problems in that area which also helps micro dose. I can fill the IQ at only a quarter of the way put spacers on top of materials and wow it hits hard and you get enough hits. I rarely fill it up past halfway now and I save on materials now by doing it. Again this is all just opinion lol.

On a side note I just received the Ghost and will be experimenting with that, can’t wait lol. Enjoy, love the conversation and you seem cool too, I’d smoke up with ya but cheers to you too. I love the honest posts and everyone’s feedback on this forum, Bud has definitely set up a nice forum where everyone can express themselves.
  • Karec
    Tried the PAX3 once and didnt made an impact, yes the size is perfect but thats all. Im waiting for an opportunity to try the Ghost, that is one im curious .
    We agree more than disagree mate and you're right about this forum, i would love to try the Ghost and share come crucibles :lol: :rofl: :lol:
    Cheers
  • Gloeck79
    Lol same with me with the Pax 3 . Yeah we definitely agree more than disagree lol. I’ll post my experiences with the Ghost when I use it more.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment