• NVChris
    Hey y'all! I heard there was chatter around here and it looks like a cool place to chill... anyhooow... holler if you have any questions. Be happy to help!
  • Hapo

...let me be the first to welcom...thank you for your appearance...

...methinks there should be a cap for the Weed Eater...

...it seems like lots of folks are capping the Weed Eater but the cap used is an imperfect fit...

...it looks like you've really knocked the ball out of the park though...

...all us flower heads really appreciate the attention...
  • Baron23
    so they did fix the order but I don't know exactly how, as I kept changing what I wantHapo

Yes, I'm sure made their day with this! haha jk :joke: :rofl:

On the subject of PID controllers, I do have an Auber RDK-300 and like it. I personally didn't find it to be expensive when compared to items like the Augusthaus or Maxvapor controllers.

https://www.theaugusthaus.com/

I like it for the rotary dial, as mentioned, but mostly because it is an assembled and supported in the USA with USA based CS and its price (was $99 when I ordered it...clearly they have seen their sales go up and upped the price...sigh). Auber is an industrial instrument and control company in Georgia. Yes, components are mostly likely most/all Chinese but...designed, assembled and supported in USA.

But, I also have a Chinese controller with an Omron E5CC PID subassembly and this is a rock solid, great performer due to the Omron. If looking for a Chinese controller, look to see if you can find one with the Omron E5CC QX assembly (QX is the one that drives and external solid state relay). If you look into one of these boxes, its really just the Omron, the SSR, a switch and some mechanical interfaces for power and coil. The Omron is very good in my experience, is totally well documented, and is the controller I use with my Showerhead (just because). Yes, it has little arrows to adjust temp set point, but I don't really change that too often so its machs nix to me.

If you are handy with a soldering iron and can follow a wiring diagram, you can easily build one yourself for less than $100, I believe. Me....I break things so no tools allowed in my hands. haha

Now this is just my opinion, but PID is a well established temp control algorithm and what we use it for is a very simple and undemanding application for the most part. Key for me is that the box uses an full size XLR five pin connector with the D-nail pin outs which have become somewhat defacto. Edwyn has his reasons for using a screw on aviation type connector on his NV boxes, but it is something we do not agree on. Same with the pin outs which are different. High Five also uses different pin outs. But the ones used by D-nail, while not an official IEEE or ISO standard, have become the common standard and let's me buy coils from many sources. Pin outs are 1 & 2 = power, 3 & 4 = TC, 5 = ground.

Hope this is helpful.
  • Baron23
    Hi Chris - wonderful that NV has joined up. Lot of NV long time supporters here.

Please do drop in from time to time and also we will tag you if we have questions...this should result in an email notification to you, yeah?

if you don't include a tag, he ain't going to see it. How to do that: 1) hit the reply button at the bottom of someone's post and it will insert a tag in the text entry box; 2) to to the @ button in the top banner of the text entry box and then enter text in the popup window of the handle of who you want....you will get a selection list....doesn't always work well with handles with multiple words separated by a space; 3) type the following - @name of person. Note the full quotes before and after.
  • Hapo

...thanks Baron23...

...NV was really quite accommodating...

...I don't feel as terrible aboot the Weed Eater Nut SNAFU after seeing how Bud ended up capping his Weed Eater anyway...

...the not-needing -to-cap feature was what made me interested in the first place...

...I suppose it doesn't need a special cap but that would make me more interested in one...

...I would imagine it would be a Bad Idea to use anything not highly heat resistant...

...I was thinking grade 2 Ti might be a decent material...
  • NVChris
    true, that's just cause the WE was designed to be used with no cap. It's still a debate I guess, so e don't use a cap and some do...
  • Hapo

...yea, well, I wanna be big and smart like Bud when I grow up...

...seriously, he has enhanced the quality of my experience here on the planet...

...FWIW, the guy came right out and said the Flowerpot was better than his G43 on today's live stream, although there are those here who would disagree with him...
    Well that was fast :lol:
    lrsaijhk8ed0qayb.jpeg
    Didn’t get 20% of of any of this but at least I got 5% off. Probably couldn’t have waited another week anyway, lol.
  • Ctipp22
    I’d buy a flowerpot even if it wasn’t discounted! Oh wait.... I already did twice. Quality is quality
  • Tdog420
    Damn i really really want a flowerpot but my wife may kill me due to the massive collection i have. What to do.........ps have 2 mv1 black chrome for sale good price!!!(so i can get a flower pot lol)
  • Baron23
    Uh, yes? LOL
  • NVChris
    lol I'm sorry, it was not intentional. Phone things...
  • Hapo

...so how did the sale go...???...did you get backed up and/or sold out...???...

...my order shipped within hours...

...the sale did put an attractive package within reach for me...it was good timing, eh...
  • NVChris
    We are starting to process orders today. But it was a great day! Thanks all for the support!
  • Mangu
    how’d You get them to ship yours so fast?
  • Hapo
    ...ordered very early and was apparently quite alarming...(ask Bud)...LoL…!!!... .!.:D.!.
  • Mangu
    I remember. I order like 20 minutes after ya! Hopefully works out quick for me too
  • Luderrr2
    Purchased the Vrod bundle yesterday and am excited to receive it. Was wondering how long the order will process for, or rather how long others have waited. It’s been roughly 30 hours since I placed the order and the money was removed.
  • NVChris
    we always like to anticipate a lot of orders so we announce a 3 to 15 day delay for processing orders to give ourselves some room. It's on the banner on the site. At this point, I am not quite certain as to where we are on that queue as I've been on the phone with customers all day... Perhaps I can give a broad update in the coming days.

Its busy at the shop though, that I do know!

But thanks for the business and welcome to the FlowerPot club!!! You're gonna love it!
  • Luderrr2
    appreciate the quick response and welcome! I’m sure it’s plenty busy so however long it takes is good to me, excited to try it.
  • Hapo
    ...they appear to have actually shipped what I actually wanted even though I didn't actually know what I actually wanted...
123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet