• Dr green thumb
    Common tactic when you really want something is to bash it and make it seem like it has no value to others.
  • BestBuds
    Do you live to complain dude? Most of your postings are super negative and complain a lot.LabPong
    Don't be too hard on him.
    I have no idea who he is or anything about him save for the fact that many many post by him are negative and eye roll worthy even if it's true. But I think there are many people who live in a very negative way. It effects their views and perception of their world around them. Our brains form pathways that make common thoughts and acts easier.
    I used to work at a printing press facility and there was this dude who worked there for 25 years and I have never seen someone assemble a box and fill it with binded books faster. Like 3 seconds fast. He naturally did these actions without a thought because his brain made it easier to process what he physically needed to do to assemble the box and pack it properly. It was second nature.
    Negativity is the same! If we are always negative and we are surrounded by negativity, that's what our minds go to immediately. Our neural pathways have made it easier for us to view things in a negative manner. Thus when we are in our "cyberskin" with no consequences of being a d!ck (not saying you are Gweilo) we feel more at ease letting those things out that we might not say face to face.
    I believe chronic negativity needs to be addressed like any other bad habit such as fingernail chewing, swearing, or burping loudly in public. You need to actively work to be more positive, you need to actively try....
    My mother in law is like that. Unfortunately when they are told that they are negative the negativity pops out and says 'eff you I'm not negative, you're just an @ssh0le'. So there is that too. But I hope (maybe falsely) that the constant stream of negativity can be broken with a kind words or a show of understanding. If everything is negative inside a mind once positivity creeps in it has a chance to grow like a fire. We just need to give the world more positivity. :victory:

Back to RBT.....
  • AsUwish
    @Mr Gweilo 420 One man operation for truly custom pieces dude.
  • Kuzko
    Pretty sure he’s already been banned on FC.

In other news, I’m glad I stocked up on Splinters if they are not going to be made anymore. Still loving my pre production model on a Lost Vape Therion. RBT made some good products which in-turn inspired many other good products. And so the Wheel turns...
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    Guys tell me one thing that I have said that is not true. Just because the message is seen as negative does not make it any less true.

Whoever buys RBT would need to travel to China regularly. Ideally the person could communicate in Cantonese as this is the language most common in the Shenzhen Special Administrative Region.

RBT is not really producing American made handcrafted products at all. Zion is dead. Milaana seems dead. So we have the Splinter and the Splinter Z which are manufactured in China.

Most Chinese products will be illegally reproduced.

He mentions accessories. What accessories? Glass stems? lol

He is selling nothing. He was almost banktrupt a year ago. He can not make money from the products he is trying to sell for "strong six figures".

The reason I would not take his company for free is that whoevever does is going to have to invest all of their time and efforts into making the company a success. I'm already rich and successful so it would be an exercise in futility,

Even if you own the rights to those vapes anyone can copy them. Also the new buyer would perhaps require the expertise to build a Milaana or Zion themselves. I can't do that? Can you?

For six figures I would need a mix of things like retail prescence, machinery, stock in hand, reat estate, fitted out shops or factories, etc.

RBT has made some nice vapes but anyone who purchases this company will lose their money.
  • Mangu
    I’m a rich guy....lots of money to blow. Some dude who’s made a few very, subjectively of course, super nice vapes is telling me that for a couple hundred thousand I can own his “company” and have him on hand to make me some cool shit, or at least try.... sounds like a decent deal. Shit if it makes him my employee sounds like a steal. I bet with some capital and the right mindset someone could work with Ryan to turn RBT into something legit. But that requires some creativity and effort and apparently the filthy rich people of this world got nothing better to do than put down lil old Ryan on vapelife forum. :groan:
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    He won't be your employee. He will be your competitor. He is working on the Sprout or Seed or whatever it is called this week. Money is hard to come buy. Anyone who gives it to Ryan will lose everything. I promise you that.
  • Vapster707
    so what tha guy tired Maybe he failed ... I dont know mostly new to tha vape stuff but why add in hating on him ... U own 4 RBT vapes use them for what they are ... Like I said I just got a OG milanna and I luv using it and finding them wonderful hits... more positivity less negativity ...
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    All I'm doing is adding my opinion as to why buying the company for several hundred thousand dollars is an exceptionally bad idea. Facts are neither negative nor positive. They are facts. Sorry that they make you all so uncomfortable.

It is not my opinion that the Zion can not be produced at a profit.
    It is not my opinion that Milaanas are not being made at the moment.
    It is not my opinion that RBT has no significant assets.
    It is not my opinion that Ryan plans to compete against RBT.
    It is not my opinion that the Splinter and Z are made in China.
    It is not my opinon that dealing with Chinese manufacturers is a difficult and challenging process.
    It is not my opinion that Chinese manufacturers are inherently dishonest.
    It is not my opinion that RBT has few to none accessories.
  • AsUwish
    We need a thumbs down button for this thread lol.

Edit: just to clarify, for comments not the thread itself.
  • BobCat
    Like I said I just got a OG milanna and I luv using it and finding them wonderful hits.Vapster707

Guys tell me one thing that I have said that is not true.Mr Gweilo 420
    A year ago Ryan was in his mother's basemenMr Gweilo 420
    Ryan had an agreement to work in a space his friend Bruce had in a pizza shop Bruce owned. Bruce unexpectedly passed away. Bruce's brother took over the business, honored the agreement, and Ryan worked from the pizza shop NOT his mother's basement. There's your one falsehood so now please move along.

Like I said I just got a OG milanna and I luv using it and finding them wonderful hits..Vapster707
    My Milaana is an OG too, and it is great! Enjoy! :victory:

We need a thumbs down button for this thread lol.AsUwish
    I began this thread as titled "Milaana 3 abandoned?" because I knew several who were awaiting this vape. The thread went off topic and never reset. A prime example of why Bud asked for input on how to make to forum better. IMO, mods are needed. Sorry it took a turn for the worse.
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    Right you are. He lived in his mom's basement while contemplating bankruptcy and worked out of a basement in a pizza shop. That was also around the time he was formulating and publishing his social media aetheism. Now who wants to pay $500K?
  • UbarDog

Ohhhh man I been tryna bite my toung .
    You claim to be a millionaire. Therefore the world is your oyster as they say. You can spend your time doing what ever you can dream of.

YET..... You spend a large portion of your time posting quite negative stuff, I don't mean just here and on this subject. Elsewhere too, What is it, that makes you stop counting your bitter dollars and take your time out to make these posts. WHY? Atm you are running a working man's life through the gutter. Given out private information on a public forum. He is putting his life on the line to make a business. Don't matter if he's doing it from the gutter or a skyscraper the fact your bringing up this information is ugly. Do you know the stress of creating a business or are you a silver spoon baby? The fact is, its "behind the blokes back, " he is not here to defend himself.

Also.... What the hell has he done to you? RBT has no bearing on your life apart from the 3 vapes you enjoy.

You puzzle me. Choosing to spend your time shitting on others.
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    No you are wrong. The information is all public. I am also a working man and I never said the word millionaire. Every dollar I have was earnt. Actually, where I come from that figure barely buys an average home.

I'm doing people a service. I'm saving some poor hard working individual from considering giving this guy a large sum of money that will never be recouped. Please consider the bigger picture.
  • UbarDog

Yes I maybe wrong about some things

I'm doing people a service. I'm saving some poor hard working individual from considering giving this guy a large sum of money that will never be recouped. Please consider the bigger picture.Mr Gweilo 420

I'm sure that RBT investers are on VLF looking for busness advice.... but to me and I feel others too, It "looks" like you are just running the guy down.

Personally I could easily buy RBT but I can't see any reason why.Mr Gweilo 420
    RTB wanted a 6 figure offer only, Yes house's here in UK are a lot more than other countrys as a whole. Some save their whole life to purchase one. Others die still paying it off. I mean it takes some one with alota of bank roll to "easily buy" at this price. Thus "Millionair" or Maybe I'm wrong about this and the average Joe can make these whimsical purchases.

Just go back over your comments and look at what you have posted in past and ask yourself why you posted them and how other view them. Yes we all make emotional posts and foolish ones. Most of yours are randomly unpleasant.

I should not post this but hey :heart:
  • EconMan
    Don't be too hard on him. I believe chronic negativity needs to be addressed like any other bad habit such as fingernail chewing, swearing, or burping loudly in public.BestBuds

I just love it when threads turn philosophical. :party:

I actually believe "chronic positivity" to be worse than "chronic negativity", which I argue is much more "rationally human" given the reality of the universe. Perhaps, the most annoying type of human on Earth, is that noodle of a person who just can't go negative. They are useless at work, at home, as friends, partners, etc.
    So by my philosophy, along with dirty fingernails, chronic positivity must be managed just as well.

Barring trolling and other disingenuous behavior, it takes guts to be negative. My most favorite book I've ever read, DOUBT: A History: the Great Doubters and their Legacy (read it twice!), shows through history the disproportionate contributions of negative people. Copernicus was very "negative".

It is also rational to be negative. As Neil Tyson has said, the universe wants to kill us. As i write, the earth (a rock with a big-ass volcano inside it) spins like a top and then revolves around a sun that spins and is itself revolving around things and traveling through space which ITSELF is dynamic. From all sorts of radiation, to collisions, to "red-queen" germs, and even space itself, the universe is going to kill us. Even something simple like "where are you" is impossible to answer. You're at 123 abc street? Where is that?

Moving on, my suspicion is, psychologically, a lot of this is just the personality we were born with. I've questioned consensus since I have memories. It is not something I learned to do. It is who i am. As the Buddhists say, find the most annoying person around you, and make them your best friend. Often, the people around us who push our buttons, are just mirrors of our own fears around that button.

And then there are relationships within the ebb and flow of the negativity/positivity matrix. Too often, negativity is defined as "picking" at someone or thing one likes or loves. I like UbarDogs thought of calling it "ugly" behavior rather than "negativity". I do not know Mr. Gweilo personally, but I suspect he is not a "feeling" type and is known in real life for being a person of clear and concise speech not much influenced by emotional factors. I also don't know this Ryan or much about his company, but I can tell some people like him a lot, and when they hear "mother's basement" even if 100% truth they "circle the wagons" in "defense" of their friend. Many personality types find it very difficult to compartmentalize relationship and business. Hell, I won't mention the name but a person here who likes me a lot got into an argument with a guy because he thought the guy disrespected me -- but I had had no problem with what the guy said. It ONLY bothered my friend on my behalf. My friend was not wrong nor was the guy. They are just different personalities. Different not better or worse.

Likewise, my daughter is a strong "F" Feeler, personality wise. She hates it when I negatively logically call her a nonfunctional alcoholic. (see my post in the drug testing thread). I love her, but it is easy for me to say "My daughter is a drunk" because that is the truth. If I was "positive" about it she might be dead by now. My very negative assumption, based on past behavior, is that when it comes to alcohol, she will make the life-damaging choice not the life-enhancing choice. Little room for positivity. She's doing better than she has ever done as an adult but that is only when I got hyper negative with her. And I mean HYPER

Most of us, if we are honest, are usually secretly running from some dimensional horror that is in fact ourselves to ourselves. Hyper-positive people are probably actually rather negative people, but it scares them so much to engage their negative self, they get trapped in the ugly pit of positivity. And vice versa.
    Like most things in life, balance is called for.

Peace, love, and logic :nerd:
  • BestBuds
    chronic positivityEconMan
    This was never an option. Rather positivity was a tool to be used to help combat chronic negativity. The entire point is to be balanced, as you said.

the personality we were born withEconMan
    This is something I don't subscribe too. Personality is something we make up and can change at will. (If the will is strong enough.) But this might be differences in belief systems.

She hates it when I negatively logically call her a nonfunctional alcoholic.EconMan
    :yikes: My brother-in-law is working on 3 years of sobriety, if I told him back then when he was drinking that he was anything negative we would have found him swinging from a beam. In fact he was an alcoholic because he was treated like that when he was a kid. He needed love and tough love at that. But he is doing fine now. Sometimes love hurts. Sometimes love is perceived as negative, such as punishment.

when they hear "mother's basement" even if 100% truth they "circle the wagons" in "defense" of their friendEconMan
    I don't know Ryan and my opinion of him is he has a great vaporizer idea but is a poor business man. Just because he did/does live in a basement what does that have to do with anything?

What happened to the golden rule?

I have never been a fan of the acceptance of "bad" simply because we live on the edge of a razor. Every thing wants to kill us, we live on a rock flying through space, and so on. Yeah so what? Just because I'm in a bus going 75 doesn't mean I'm going to stick my head out the window to get a better look at the telephone poles.
  • Mr Gweilo 420
    I think that the darkness of life must be faced directly.
  • BestBuds
    I absolutely agree. But I think we differ on how to handle that darkness.
  • Baron23
    Personally, I too do not see any real value in RBT. Not in facility, product design/IP, or goodwill.

If he can sell it, good for him.

By they by, someone mentioned that he just needs someone to handle the business end for him. But, didn't that happen recently? Some gal...invested I believe (but may be wrong) and took over the business management end of it?

Cheers
  • EconMan
    This was never an option. Rather positivity was a tool to be used to help combat chronic negativity. The entire point is to be balanced, as you said.BestBuds

This is absurd. Two half-things don't make a whole, and if you fight chronic cold by placing your left foot on a hotplate and fight chronic heat by placing your right foot on a block of ice, you are NOT on average comfortable.

Re personality, it is not necessary for you to subscribe to it. It isn't a magazine, but a robust an elegant non-falsified scientific theory well researched in modernity. Peruse the appropriate journals in neuropsychology, behavioral economics, and evolutionary sciences... the various "twins studies" using panel data shows pretty clearly so much of who we are is nature, not nurture (nurture is incredibly important though). But research it for yourself, but perhaps read something not written by a journalist selling papers. And by "personality" I have a specific meaning in mind. Another word might be "temperament" in the Jungian sense of the word -- your emotional engagement of the world. We are NOT tabular rasa that is for sure.

Personalities don't change. They can be hidden. If a young girl is in fact a massive extrovert and every time you danced, your fundamentalist mom said "quit acting like a whore jumping naked on the bed" perhaps you learned to hide your real personality for emotional survival. Regardless, we each have propensities at birth. Even lesser animals have this. Anyone who breeds animals knows what I'm saying without studying it.

Sometimes love is perceived as negative, such as punishment.BestBuds

That is because it is negative. I was there. I was very negative.

I don't know Ryan and my opinion of him is he has a great vaporizer idea but is a poor business man. Just because he did/does live in a basement what does that have to do with anything?BestBuds

It has a lot to do with it, because the context of this thread is concerning a potential sale of a company. My first post was simple... is there any value in this company beyond goodwill? Being negative about such things, I was skeptical -- much more so now. :nerd:

If he was to come to me for a credit card merchant account, I would require PROOF (more negativity!) he is a real business with real numbers which would at least include
    1. Past two years financial statements.
    2. Past six months bank statements.
    3. Past six months of processing records, if any.
    4. Pictures of the front and inside of the building (homes are ok)
    5. Proof of fulfillment capability - pictures of inventory
    6. If he lives in his mom's basement, that would be perhaps ok, if everything else looked right, but I would need an affidavit (or lease doc) from her confirming her son is authorized to run a business out of her home.
    7. Explanations for every negative (there you go!) report at the BBB and social media.

The above is just so he can sell things to customers using my access to credit card networks. If he wants me to buy the whole company, I need to know EVERYTHING -- especially the negatives -- again because my strong suspicion is the entire economic value of the company, if any, is at least % goodwill.

So yes, that he lives in his mother's basement is ABSOLUTELY relevant to this thread.

It would matter less to me (but would still matter) with regard to the product. If his hobby makes a little $, and folks like his product, then I say awesome.

There are industries that are exceptions, as individual exceptions, but generally speaking, a business that has not earned a profit in two years is a hobby, not a sustainable business.
  • EconMan
    I think we differ on how to handle that darkness.BestBuds

This I 100% agree with in general about life.
  • Frosty1
    :lol: opinions tricking us into believing they're facts, it'll be our undoing!
  • BestBuds
    This is absurd. Two half-things don't make a whole, and if you fight chronic cold by placing your left foot on a hotplate and fight chronic heat by placing your right foot on a block of ice, you are NOT on average comfortable.EconMan
    Absurd indeed. A more appropriate description would be if you are too hot a cool washcloth is refreshing. Or if you are very cold a nice warm blanket is a good solution.

Personalities don't changeEconMan
    I agree to disagree.

:victory:
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention