• It's in the details
    I just want to say one thing about the distillate D-Line Rubi cart I've been using from Boston's NETA that may apply to all distillates, I don't know. NETA sells these as being sourced from five different various sativa and indicas, making it seem as though they're more full spectrum than you would expect from a distillate. (That's not my issue here. I know a lot of people think they're shit.) Aside or corollary to that, is my experience of them, which is this: They've increased my tolerance through the roof! And I'm somebody who gets high on a whiff! This little devise is highly addictive to me.... because it's so easy to use... so delicious (I'm sorry, added terps or what, it's delicious)...and so ultimately stealth. But now I can't get high on flower. I have to throw this thing in ocean, and start using flower in my FF2+. It's hard for me now to remember that I used to get high on a draw or two from flower. This is nuts. I can't believe it. Not good. And I love the thing. It's going to be really hard to give it up.
  • Hapo
    ...it's always the details...
  • treecityrnd
    Glad you found the next level in the game! Make sure you get test results from a reputable lab for each cart! Distillate can be very easy to fake and cut.

Wait till you try a full spectrum live rosin cart :fire:
  • EconMan

The nature of the jungle you live in. This is the statistical nature of evolutionary life. It is true all consumption involves opportunity cost -- what other thing could have been done with that time?

Giving up that which you love is not the only choice. You could simply, like Alice In Wonderland, run faster but so too does your tolerance. Can you run faster than your tolerance? Yes, but not over the long run because the Red Queen eventually catches up, and you can't run "faster" forever.

Red Queen Hypothesis
  • It's in the details
    I should have researched around before I posted: obviously you and everybody else knows that this is a common thing. I can't run faster than the queen! What's impressive about it is how little I do for how high my tolerance has gotten. I want my low tolerance back!
  • EconMan
    This is how I run faster. My own distillate.
    Gets my marginal cost down to about $25/ml.

Of course my red queen is a “Wealth Effect” of having an entire jar! — results in an increase in demand. Big Dabs.
    I want to rewrite the lyrics of that baby got back song “I like big dabs and I can’t deny...” lol

jsawe8kdntqis6k7.jpeg
  • It's in the details

You're hilarious: get your guitar out. (drums?)
    So, you've got the money issue out of the way so you can outrun the queen. Your only problem, then, is the lung effect! (maybe that isn't a problem for you.)
  • Bad Dog
    I resently pick up some distillate myself and it was pretty good but I didn't have any problem bouncing back and forth between my cart and flower like you. Still only need a dynavap and I'm good for a little while. I try and keep my tolerance down by spacing out my daytime sessions as much as possible so when I hit it more heavily at night the effects are good
  • EconMan

You can never outrun the Queen. Just when you think you got her, she zooms by and rolls over your ass! lol :nerd:

There are always constraints -- time is the tightest of all -- and for me it is in my other loves of academics, business, and music. Those other loves compete with my love of getting really high -- in academics, business, and music I need to maintain high-witts -- which tend to increase my perceived price of consumption, resulting in less consumption.

So I tend to "schedule" and "ration" my consumption as they relate to my other values. It is an optimization function. If I don't get high at all, I won't do much. If I get high too often then I won't do much. Dabs seem to work best in this regard for me because they are potent, can be taken quickly, and I can to significant degrees choose my cannabinoids and terps.

“Wealth Effect”, lol. Love it!! Another word for hoarder(me) :lol:
  • EconMan

Yeah, the "Wealth Effect" is a real bitch. The other day my business partner cleaned his Carta and Peak and got some reclaim. It looked a little dark but not bad at all -- I've so dabbed worse -- but being that I have a 2oz jar of pristine 90+% oil I didn't want to dab it now. Totally turned my nose up at it, for which he laid into me for being an unappreciative :gasp:

I want to save it until after we run out and will then appreciate it, and only then use it; he wants to "weave" its consumption into normalcy postponing our expected "run-out", even mixing good fresh oil with reclaim which to me is just a hideous abomination of biblical proportions. :gasp: :vomit: :death:
    LMAO :rofl:
  • Baron23
    I have a 2oz jar of pristine 90+% oilEconMan

When you say oil, exactly what do you mean? Hydrocarbon extraction then distillation or ethanol wash and??, or what, please.

That term is often used to cover a lot of different products.
  • EconMan

In this context (distillate), BHO cs blast, ethanol single-fraction distillation.

But yes, it can get confusing. To me in many contexts, it is all "oil". I often refer to rosin as "oil"... pretty much anything that melts :)
    I haven’t found distillate, cart or pod I care for. Doesn’t keep me from trying though, I have s few hundred invested in them and they just sit in a drawer. I think I’m going to dump them all into a jar mix it up and run in my Vrod over flower, twax style just to get rid of it. I should organize a Colorado weed swap, a get together to trade weed and oil you don’t care for, for other stuff no one cared for, lol. I have been told by people (with no authority or reason to trust ) that it’s not illegal to give/share/trade mj products as long as $$ is not exchanged.
  • okla68m
    It IS ILLEGAL in Oklahoma. ..NO SHARING of Any kind.....makes NO DIFFERENCE if money is involved or not !
  • EconMan

Technically, it is illegal in all 50 states and territories (federal).
    Even under the california system, giving weed is technically illegal as it circumvents the licensing structure designed to control distribution.

I and many other people who professionally watch this space, are not certain so called "legal-weed" is here to stay. I am very concerned about access to teens, and if the industry is not careful, a severe backlash will be experienced. It is not "clear" at all that state-legal weed will remain legal. I would favor strong penalties and long jail sentences for giving/selling to minors. Similar thing happened to CBD. About half the merchants seem like morons as far as anything business goes, and their antics ruined it for the other half who were engaged in serious business.

Re carts, I make my own distillate now and I load it into CCELL or ICRUSHER carts. It is really nice knowing precisely how your oil was made. If I just knew how to grow, life would be complete :)
  • okla68m
    I Haven't Grown ANY since 1970, until OMMA voted June of '18.....I learned As I Go...LOTS OF INFO OUT THERE. ....I even learned to make my own Concentrate using Everclear, BOMB STUFF !
    I Realize what you are saying, and Respect that, just Elated to have it the Way it Is....IMO, Oklahoma has Very Relaxed Rules, compared to Most ! Don't know How it is in Other states, but, CBD can be purchased almost on Every Street Corner, it's Crazy.....Reminds me of SNAKE OIL SALES I read about and saw in early films and advertisements Before the FDA was created.....I Know they are Clamping Down on some of the Ridiculous Clams made about it.....Cure everything from Cancer to Limp Dick, it seems !
    STICK SOME BEANS IN THE SOIL, DUDE !
  • EconMan

Yeah, I've never seen anything like it. And the merchants are stubborn. It got to the point when the calls were coming in so repeatedly.... I had to be ecological in my time, and be quasi rude.... "If you don't want to clean up your website and its absurd claims, then the answer is "Declined".... no need for an application...stop wasting my time....

One vendor actually had a "chart" of diseases to be treated with different types of CBD right on the front of their webpage. Wanted to argue with me... "my aunt so and so took this and got better.... etc....

They never got past the first call with me. They are still not processing, and now PayPal just shut them down. They called again (now are willing to change website) and I can't help them.... They were put on the dreaded "list" (it is a blacklist) and unless they hire an expensive lawyer, and even then, they will probably never process credit cards as long as they live.

Re growing. My business partner has a "green thumb". He grows everything well, plants, vegetables, even fruits. We got the land to grow, and he wants to get started, but he wants to do it indoors so he is educating himself now. If he grows it I'll "process" it. :nerd:
  • okla68m
    I have 3 outside in my backyard....small, 3 gal bags, 2 are from the last "street" product I purchased a year + ago and the 3rd is from a "Hermi'd" plant I grew indoors first crop....if they "make it, and Female", Sweet, if Not, it was Fun Growing Openly in my backyard after 50 years of Hiding, lol ! My "Serious" crop is Indoors, a Tent and now a Closet also (bad as VAS), LOL ! I've so far successfully grown White Widow from Seed, currently Cherry Pie and 2 Tangcicle Clones are flowering in my closet....4 total inside.....
    Don't Ever think it's not WORK......I STRESS over my plants as much as I do over my Dog ! They are visited Daily, sometimes Several times a day.....to Watch, Wonder, Talk to, Tweek, Bend, Trim, Coax, LOL ! Learning as I go, going Blind Reading AND Continually Exposing my Eyes to INTENSE UV(as my Method 7 glasses lay on top of my tent, SMH)....
    And Growing can REPLACE "VAS" in a Heartbeat, lol.....Lights, Tents, Fans, Pots, Soil, Nutrients, SEEDS.....OMG....LOL !
    I LOVE IT !
  • EconMan

This brings back memories of my youth in Oklahoma. Traveling to the Ouachita mountains in eastern OK ... go backpacking for a couple weeks, and bring back five pounds of Oklahoma/Arkansas "jungle weed".

I and a friend grew (well I planted seeds) shitty weed at the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge and would go check on the plants weekly. When we went back to harvest, the rangers had already removed. At one time, MJ was OK's largest "cash crop" exceeding wheat in terms of dollars sold.

And yes, I did have long hair, and I did drive my Honda 750 through Muskogee and I did smoke a joint on main street. And white lightening is a thrill, but Okies mean "moonshine" by that :joke:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment