• Dr green thumb
    I'm looking to see if we can find a vape for my friends mother. She is 85 and is looking to either start vaping or dabbing. We have let her try a ghost mv1 which was a no go as she just cannot inhale that long. And we let her try a dynavap m and she wasn't comfortable with having to use a torch lighter.

My vaping style does not match hers and I need some input to pass along.
  • LabPong
    Limited choices for those with short draws.....but someone as elderly....maybe a Pax.

But are oil carts possible as well? What is her purpose to medicate?
  • Dr green thumb
    arthritis and knee problems are why she wants to vape. Plus I think she wants reclaim some of her youth.
  • Nwhite2443
    maybe a fierce or fury2?
  • fatbiker
    Volcano classic
    Dynavap with the log vape that uses them? Ed’s TNT I think.
    Or, a log vape?
  • Baron23
    Volcano. No technique required, she can vape the bag as fast or as slow as she wants, she can take as big/small of draws as she wants, if she doesn't want to finish it then she doesn't have to, doesn't look like some scary science experiment, and is extremely durable and rugged.

My suggestion for an 80 y.o.
  • Dr green thumb
    volcano, sounds good and makes sense
  • Vapster707
    Are u able to get her cartridges ??? Cartridges and a 510 battery would seem easy enough for a 85 yr old ...
    Volcano, duh. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that. Good choice @Baron23 and @fatbiker
  • Tyedyesamuraiguy
    i cant like your post :rofl: but that was solid.
  • Baron23
    Yeah, the "no more like's button" is fucking me up too...I keep reaching for it and.....haha

As a med device, its hard to top a Volcano. Not the most herb efficient, but prices are coming down (or if you live in OR they are already in the basement) and it really does sort of look like a med device....not to strange if you saw one sitting next to a med nebulizer, yeah?
  • Hapo
    ...it's the first thing I thought of but WTF do I know...???...
  • fatbiker
    What the heck, I suggested the Volcano before @Baron23 but he is getting all the credit for the marvelous idea. ;) Good luck with getting her set up. Keep us posted.

Lol, I think we all posted at the same time. I didn’t see yours until I looked at the thread again. :kiss:
  • Baron23
    No man, its you! I acknowledge that, at least :up: :100:
  • fatbiker
    It’s all good I’m just giving you guys shit :-)
  • Hapo
    ...so long as Granny gets a Volcano...
  • fatbiker
    That’s right!
  • Mr White
    Pax or volcano
  • Bad Dog
    Just lent my 65 year old mother my crafty to possibly replace her terrible black mamba. I think it's simple ease of use will suite her newbie style. Simple 1 button user controls, strong vibration, bright leds, even it's out of the box settings are good enough if she doesn't have a smart phone, easy to fill, a little bit of a pain to clean, ability to half pack, there's a lot of reasons to like this vape. I'll let you know how she likes it.
  • SirSixPence
    Pax or Volcano
    I’m curious what Baby Bird Lungs would think? @Hazel
    I figure her experience could be key here. She isn’t crazy about the crack torch & takes smaller hits.
  • acstorfer
    Crafty. It’s portable. Easy to use. Very good airflow resistance. Decent battery, easy to charge on the fly. The dosing capsules are extremely convenient providing finger agility isn’t a problem.

Another option is an induction heater for a vapcap.
  • BestBuds
    Arizer EQ. For the same reasons as a volcano but it's cheaper. Or maybe granny wants some cannabutter?
  • Bad Dog
    Well my mom is a fan of my crafty, had a much better experience than with her old one and has already asked to borrow it for a bit. Looks like I might be out of a vape, time to upgrade to a mighty lol
  • Bad Dog
    Did you end up picking a vape?
  • Dr green thumb

Yes, we picked up a digital volcano with the easy valve. She's been having a blast filling the bags and just sipping on them. Sometimes she just takes down a bag as fast as she can and just sits there laughing so hard at the strangest things. Oh and if her cats do anything remotely funny she just starts taking pictures and laughing so hard.

So yes the volcano is a success.
  • Bad Dog
    Nice glad it was a rousing success
    :up:
  • LabPong
    Yes, we picked up a digital volcano with the easy valve. She's been having a blast filling the bags and just sipping on them. Sometimes she just takes down a bag as fast as she can and just sits there laughing so hard at the strangest things. Oh and if her cats do anything remotely funny she just starts taking pictures and laughing so hard.

So yes the volcano is a success.
    Dr green thumb

That's awesome! :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal