• Friend from Russia
    Hello, friends!
    This is my first post here, and I`am happy about exist of this place :)

Currently I use Mighty, but after reading your conversations here, I`am ready to take new expirience with the Ghost!
    Unfortantly, 420 culture is really low in my country yet, thats why i can`t take enough information on subject on russian resources..
    Can you explain me please - how can I visually identify updated version of Ghost MV1 vs old version (which wasn`t so good)?
    I'm afraid of dishonest sellers who will sell me the old version and I will get a bad experience...

Thanks for your attention)
  • rft360
    id say you save your money and buy a desktop unit the mighty is way better than the ghost O_o you want to elevate you high try the new volcano or vapexhale well worth the bang for the buck!
  • Stants
    I bought mine from Vaposhop in the netherlands they always carry the latest versions of the products they sell, arrived within 2 days
  • Z Master
    If you’re afraid of dishonest sellers Get your Ghost MV1 from ghostvapes.com if you can, they won’t let you down. There are other legit sites too. I know you update the MV1 threw a phone app, my MV1 will be arriving in a week or so. I traded for an older model. Don’t have any experience with the MV1, someone here will provide better info. Goodluck with your MV1 purchase, get the Stealth MV1 it looks awesome!
  • BestBuds
    @GHOSTTEAM @ghost-ops @GhostVapesNerissa @ghostvapesofficial Sorry, I don't know who to tag.

Is there something @Friend from Russia can look for to make sure it has the new parts?

Friend From Russia, you can also look for a stealth edition (all black) I believe that is the newer version and they didn't make a stealth version before the upgrades. :up:
  • Frosty1
    As @BestBuds says just get the black stealth, that's definitely the latest version.
  • Detroitvapes420
    I believe the serial number on the bottom of the box starts with the year it was made. I believe everything from 2019 is the updated maybe even some 2018. I'm pretty sure
  • Z Master
    Is there anything different from the older models compared to the new stealth one?
  • Bad Dog
    at the very least the heat sync was changed to be a little less free flowing, not sure what else. If you're interested in the old heat sync bud has a few extras he might be willing to part with if you hit him up on the next live stream. I'm not guaranteeing anything
  • Z Master
    I traded for an OG model MV1. So I’m sure it has that in it. Should I buy a new heat sync, is it worth it?
  • Baron23
    Should I buy a new heat sync, is it worth it?JMH

No, the prime reasons for the slight change to the heat sink was two fold (well, maybe three).

1. Make a better seal for those who had a hard time reassembling their heat sink...I never had that issue with mine.

2. To eliminate the slight scratchy sound when pulling the glass mouthpiece in and out

3. Some people like glass while others break it almost immediately. So, changed glass mouthpiece...I believe Macor.

Very small changes, I have both, I don't find a preference for either and use them interchangeability.
  • Bad Dog
    I'm not a ghost user, but the subject came up last stream about the heat sync having more restriction, that's the extent of my knowledge. I'm use to my crafty it has really free flowing draw, if I were to get a ghost ( and it is on my radar ) I might seek out a og heat sync for that reason. But you at least have experience with a ghost, so you got to ask yourself would I mind that way?
  • Z Master
    thanks for the info, I might pick one up just to have a spare
  • Z Master
    okay thanks for your help, my mv1 will get here in a week or so. Haven’t used one yet but I’m excited to see what it’s like
  • Frosty1

I've owned the older and newer versions - if you want my opinion neither had any issues with draw resistance, both free flowing. Draw resistance can be varied with stem height as well.
  • Frosty1
    Seem to remember the main change being gasket and stem material. Neither of these would effect flow resistance.
  • Bad Dog
    didn't mean to indicate that the new mv1 had any draw resistance problems only that the vape critic could notice a slight difference between them and he attributes it to the heat sync.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment