• Bruce
    Make sure you're getting the version 3 Extreme Q. Lots of extras also
  • Other Side
    thx for the plug my brother!
  • 38spider
    So I have recently discovered this water filter that you can put on the volcano, its called the Magma, apparently it gives your bags water filtration, I have noticed a couple times when using the volcano the vapor getting a lil harsh, but that's usually due to high heat, and also getting towards the end of a sesh, The magma looks interesting and I would definitely give it a shot, using it permanently is another question, when I first saw it I thought to myself? Why would I need this for vapor that comes out of a 600$ device? But I realize that in my 2 yrs of vaping to keep an open mind, and review and try, before I disregard,
    Anyway, just wanted to see what people thought:))33pufw8c81lx8raf.jpg
    Is this something you would use?
  • fatbiker

I’ve never used one bit have strongly considered buying one. I’m torn between the obsidian and plastic. I like the glass for obvious reasons but I am afraid of breaking it. I like the durability of the plastic hit not the health aspects.

My only confer is how much moisture will get into the bag.

I’d like to hear the feedback from those of you who have used it.
  • Chingas
    The plastic version of this has bad reviews on amazon. Warping, melting and leaky cracks were mentioned. I'd love to hear more about the glass versions. They look interesting.
  • 38spider
    yeah, I have been using my volcano digit for about 3 yrs now and although it gives me consistent vape, I think seeing a different way to use it can be intriguing, I may think about going with the plastic magma over the obsidian, but I really like glass and probably would get that one if I did order, although I usually buy the best of the best when it comes to add ons, I think material would much of a difference in this case, get the quality every time, hell, they have a limited boraset glass edition, its bout 160$ I will say one thing though, I consider the volcano to have more on the upper shelf type of vapor so I would probably not get one for that reason, but I'll keep my eyes :cool: , and ears open for sure.
  • ShayWhiteGrow
    Does anyone know if the obsidian will fit on the hybrid? Thanks :smile:
  • Biesas

Don't see why not.

I was considering getting one of the when I got my classic, but after reading the whole Volcano thread on FC I decided it is not worth the money. As well didn't fancy any water being suspended in any shape or form above my beloved Classic.

The impressions in general were that it does make the vapor less dry, a bit more conditioned.

If the glass one was the price of the plastic - I would have given it a shot...
  • ShayWhiteGrow
    l1bjzvs58px7c0ml.jpeg
    Much more tolerable dry at 446.
  • Other Side
    nice solution! Gotta find someone to make Drydro's for me. They were popular!
  • ShayWhiteGrow
    see the little kinks in the vapor trail or am I trippin? Lol
  • 38spider
    yup, the obsidian glass would probably be the best bet, I just recently saw an advertisement of the obsidian glass mated with the hybrid whip, now that looks like something I would look into if I had an hibrid, especially after seeing how the hybrid whip has been inducing cough attacks, anyways I think the volcano can get predictable sometimes so who knows, maybe throwing in a water filter could spice it up✌
  • VapeCritic
    Good idea!! :strong:
  • 38spider
    So I have actually found a really easy and really inexpensive way to add water filter to your volcano, just grab a 14 to 14 Male adapter, one side in the balloon, one side in a water piece, looks like a lot cheaper option to see if you like hydration with your volcano, versus breaking the bank for an obsidian, anyway hope that helps, hell you can grab a 14 to 14 Male from dank stop for only 9.99, might have to try it.:))
    Attachment
    male-to-male-glass-adapter-14mm-1_1024x1024 (2).webp (19K)
  • Bruce
    I love that bag it looks so yummy..... But I did notice you were heating at 448 (F). Do you mind doing one at 385 (F).

Alfred, send out the Vape Signal, We need the Vape Critic.

Bottom Line. In one sentence. Do you upgrade, Did you test on how long it took to heat up, and fill a balloon,, any other performance additions.

If price is not an issue, do you upgrade your Classic for the Hybrid?

Buds Kandys Pens Review 2 years later.....

2 years ago you recommended the Kandy's Pens. I bought the Galaxy (?). I used it a lot when I was dabbing.. and the Kandy's atomizer is very very good still in excellent condition. I never needed another one I am on the original dual Quarts. I got an oil cartridge with 5mm and glass mouthpiece, the battery on the Kandys Pen fantastic, and the 4 settings is a BIG feature for me. Vaping oil at lower temperatures helps a lot with any kind of harshness (Cough). Vaping oil on first setting, on a 1/8 sized cartridge - 3 Puffs and I am D O N E. Capital D.

Vaping OIls with 4 temps,,, on Kandys Pens...

350 is the low temp on Kandys Pens - Gravity - Thats very enjoyable.

the 430 is the highest, and that is an EXTREMELY Strong nice shot...

Peace, Love and Vape,

^ ^ ^ The Vape Master ^ ^ ^
  • Bruce
    From my experience, its better to get the Volcano to a bong and use the bong for water filtration. I use it with the Extreme Q balloon...

All I do is make a regular bag like you can on the Volcano, and plug it in to the water tool, with cold water and ice. It make the balloon experience - much much better... in every-way possible.

iwx1qjwmbjawewz6.jpg
  • 38spider
    oh yeah, I've seen people do it that way as well, the frosted tip I heard works good for 10mm fittings I believe:, the volcano to water pipe hack has probably been out for awhile but I felt like a caveman discovering fire when I saw it done this weekend, lol.., hey so I've heard nothing but great things on the EQ paired up with the ddave mods, I seen he has this new mod, glass stem direct draw/w ballon function, he always is making improvements on the EQ and I commend him for that, I was so close to buying an EQ that I actually bought a 18mm original ddave adapter, I had to postpone because I'm gonna probably go the flowerpot direction, anyway thanks for the good info✌
  • Bruce
    ddave mods rock. My EQ is 6 years old. I did a maintenance cleaning. I took out every thing. No gook just dust. its brand new again. The frosted glass 10 mm mouthpiece is out of the box ready for a water tool. Its worth the experience. I broke a cyclone bowl 2 years ago.... I am still using the 2nd one that came with the EQ. The experience of the EQ balloon and a water tool, its like your puffing clouds and their is no harshness for me at 387 (F).

Peace, Love and Vape,

• Bruce
    Where did you get the glass piece? do they sell small ones for portables?

Peace, Love & Vape

• ShayWhiteGrow
    fzjq8n6fcfacr948.jpeg
    Some kind soul please make an aftermarket glass, TI, or even my favorite zirconia cano elbow! This will take the initial heat shock and greatly preserve the flavor! The whip function is on point so why fuck with it? But hitting the silicone first at oven temp. Fuck that. Plus possibility of 14/19 mm glass joint add ons and water pieces.:up:
  • 38spider
    very nice, you are using ddave's 18mm adapter right, if not I would invest in one to enhance the ballon, I heard it kicks ass, if you get one from him, he will also throw in a extra slightly taller adapter, I heard that the 18mm v3 is also a winner with his mods, if you are in to using the whip function of course, good stuff✌
  • Bruce
    I am going take a look at ddavves stuff. Thank You, The whip I find is ok for personal use but to me its a party favour. Pass the whip around. You can put in less or just fill the elbow and its kick ass. I used it at a party once and it was hit!

Peace, Love & Vape,

• justjustin
    I would love to see a titAnium whip adapter! I wonder about the heat though? 420 EDC works with Ti and they are looking to do more, so maybe Mark would be the guy to talk to at EDC...
  • TheZman
    So on just thinking out loud. In regards to the Classic Volcano vs the new Digital. If someone like myself is looking for the purest Vapor because of sensitive Lungs would the Classic be better for that? Being that the Classic Volcano is pure Convection vs the New digital Volcano being Convection and Conduction.

I've seen reviews on comparing the new vs the old and a lot of people say the new Digital produces a lot more Vapor. But at what cost. Because you will get more Vapor from a Hybrid that also has Conduction mixed in. But at the same time you will get some level of Combustion because of it. Even if it's very little. It won't be as clean as a pure Convection right? So for someone like me is the Classic better?
  • evolve
    Hybrid heating doesn't mean its not pure vapor. Convection and hybrid heating are both pure vapor. The Mighty has the hybrid heating and that does not produce combustion either.
  • TheZman
    I know. It's just when you hear people talk about Vaping devices having Combustion issues its always with the Conduction ones. They can have hot spots and if the Herb is sitting there getting over heated in a spot that its touching it can Combust. Also with Conduction it would be less on demand right? Even as you turn the heat off the chamber will still continue to heat the herb until it fully cools down. My Boundless CF is both Convection and Conduction and that's what it does.
  • evolve
    Unregulated convection vapes can also have a lot of combustion instances from what I have read, like the Milaana, Splinter Z etc. I don't think I have ever heard of any combustion incidents with their Mighty before. You are correct about some conduction devices having hot spot problems but I have never seen that with Storz and Bickel devices. They produce some of the most even AVB of any vape out there at the moment.

Yeah I agree that the conduction element can make it more "session" like than on demand.

I think the main differences between the Hybrid and Classic vapor will be a different vape signature and the vapor feeling less dry as it isn't pure convection. I think the quality of vapor will be similar, although the added conduction may help extract more from your herb resulting in darker looking AVB and a more milky bag of vapor.

This thread seems quiet today, there should be some users with the hybrid able to help you better than I can.
  • TheZman
    Thanks. Yes as you said a Hybrid will always produce more vapor without a doubt and definitely cook the herb deeper. Depending on the device that may not be a good thing for people with sensitive Lungs that wants a thinner vapor like myself.

Also this time around if I'm going to save up money and buy and expensive device it had to be on demand and not session. I'm a medical Cannabis user so I use all day every day through out the day. So a on demand would fit my needs a lot better. It would be nice to pack a chamber and take 2 to 4 hits leave it and then come back.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    for 2-4 hits at a time the volcano might not be the best IMO, I suppose you could short fill bags, but if you dont finish a bag, all that vapor would go stale.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment