• badbee
    Does anyone have an old\dead MV1 battery that they want to donate, or sell cheap, for a science project. I'm getting a little irritated that my battery, from a Black Friday purchase, can only support 2 - 2.5 crucibles. It was 4, which seemed too few, when I first got it.

The plan is to carefully cut the battery housing open so the cells can be removed and an external socket wired in. A variable 20A DC supply (I'll verify that amperage once I've get pigtails inside the housing) can be purchased for just slightly more than what Ghost used to sell batteries for (when they still sold batteries). There is something not right with this battery, a Splinter Z gets 5-6 sessions from 2 18650's. I doubt the MV1 is drawing significantly more power than a Z.

I hope this doesn't violate any rules about selling\buying since I'll post the results of the experiment back to the community.

[edit] fixed a minor typo
  • okla68m
    Exactly why i purchased 2 batteries and a quick charger...while im draining one in use, the other is charging. Have never depleted one before the other is charged. Normally i wont do more than 2 crucibles before being completely medicated and No Need of a 2nd battery to finish my session. Ive Never counted how many crucibles i get out of one charge. Once it gets to One green light, i switch it out for a fully charged one.
    I started with 2 batteries, after a year plus of daily use, one bit the dust and wouldn't take a charge. The other is still plugging along. Contacted Ghost who Immediately sent me 2 New ones(NO CHARGE, THANKS GHOST)!
    The MV1 can be a Finicky Bitch, but, once you figure it out, it is a Monster Vaporizer. From Tasty, Whispy Microdoses to Dense Clouds that would choke a Gorilla !
    Im using one of the Original Nickle finish units. Looks like the chrome bumper of a '59 Cadillac. My wife calls it the Silver Bullet cause it will Blow You Away !
  • kiddvudu2
    haha, that's awesome.
  • Stants
    Anyone having app and or pairing problems after the latest android (10) update?
  • kiddvudu2
    I received that update this morning. When I read this post I grabbed my MV1 to test it out. Connected fine for me. Just as smooth and tasty as ever too! Good luck brother! :victory:

EDIT:
    Have you tried going through that extended process that was sent out by Ghost

Try this, Virgil from Ghost posted it before.

Please try as best you can to follow these steps in order. Any deviation from this sequence (as tedious/arbitrary as it may sound) will affect results.

1. Delete/uninstall the GHOST App
    2. Re-install GHOST app
    3. Remove battery from MV1 and re-insert (this essentially resets the device)

Next ...

PAIR TO THE APP
    (1) Make sure bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device
    (2) Open the GHOST app
    (3) Click the icon in the top left corner > Remove all vapes currently connected (if necessary)
    (4) Turn on your MV1
    (5) Press and Hold the home and vape button down at the same time for 3 seconds to search for app (even though it still might be flashing yellow lights).
    (6) A notification will pop up on the app saying that it's stuck and needs to reset
    (7) Click okay and reset the device (Reset vape via app takes 60 seconds to complete)
    (8) Put MV1 in pair mode > Pair to app

**** If pairing is unsuccessful ****

(1) Remove battery and re-insert battery
    (2) Turn device on
    (3) Put device in pairing mode

**** Once paired, if there's a firmware update, you will get a prompt ****

UPDATE FIRMWARE
    (1) Click on the icon in the top right corner
    (2) Your MV1 will be displayed at the top of the next page; click on it
    (3) If a firmware update is available, you'll see a (1) next to "Firmware Update"
    (4) Click on "Firmware Update";
    (5) During update unit will display 1 Amber LED moving side to side; update completes in 60 seconds
    (6) Once done unit will flash 1 solid red LED 3x.
    (7) Put MV1 in sleep mode > pair to the app
  • Stants

Hi mate, it was pairing fine the other day but it pushed the update through overnight,I'll double check bluetooth settings and what not, before going down the re install app/repairing unit, I really need to do a full reset on the unit so I can have all my temps back,but that's another story
    Just wondered if anyone else had had a problem so I could narrow it down a little
  • Stants
    @GHOSTTEAM
    @ghost-ops
    Are you aware of any issues with android 10& pairing ?
    As i've re installed the app & deleted the ghost off my phone re installed app and gone through pairing process again, no luck, the phone cant see the ghost
  • GHOSTTEAM
    Hi !

If Android 10 is the same as Android Go (I believe it is), then yes. We have gotten 3 reports from customers in the past two months. Interestingly enough the customers all had the same device, which was an Android Onn Tablet, purchased at WalMart.

As of today the issue has been raised to our developers but I do not have any update unfortunately. The good thing is that the MV1 does pair just fine with most Android devices.

Let me know how this information finds you my friend.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • Bruce
    You will get used to it. If you go to the VapeCritic.com look at the review on the MV1 and that is really the way, a few times over you will be quite happy to learn!
  • WOLF444

Also make sure you didn't accidentally/inadvertently turn off your Location services... App requires that to connect/pair...
  • Pud
    no idea what you are talking about.... i sold my mv1 6 months ago... but thanks for the help.... lol
  • Stants

Cheers virgil, I'llhave another go tonight as I gave up last night and just used the buttons,

@WOLF444 it has been on but it looks like the android 10 update now gives you multiple choices about location services & when they are on, running in background & what permissions they have, so it may be a case of it not working properly with it and I need to alter them again,
    I'report back later with any findings
  • Stants
    @GHOSTTEAM

Good news on two counts 1,I have managed to pair up again & 2, have my default temps back after that weird glitch in the summer,

So if people are having problems on android 10 you need to go into app access permissions along with your location settings/permissions
    Looks like the new update reverts all apps back to default settings, and location services specific to app usage so if anyone else has issues go into both and have a play around granting various access levels to the app & location then they should 'see' each other again
  • GHOSTTEAM

Brilliant mate, thank you for that added detail. I'll actually add that bit to our troubleshooting article.
  • bulllee
    Still waiting on my refund.How long is this going to take ?
  • GHOSTTEAM

Received and taken care of. You should have an email from me.

For anyone new to the GHOST MV1, I can't stress enough how important our introductory article is. Up until now we haven't been providing it to our customers in our welcome emails (which makes me sad) but I hope that changes soon. Anyhow, here's the article to get you started. Your time and your herb are too valuable to waste figuring it out without it!

+MV1: Initial Setup

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • bulllee
    So did you ever figure out what causes the door latch on the Stealth to break, or why the heat sink chips?
  • GHOSTTEAM
    Hi

While the material of the latch on the Stealth does play a part in it breaking, moreso it's a combination of the following that contributes to the frequency of the breakage:

1) Heavy usage (multiple crucibles per day/back to back sessions)
    2.) Not following best practice with handling

Best practice is to wait 3-4 minutes to allow the device to cool down before opening the door. When opening the door, put pressure on the door by hold the door closed and then hit the latch button to open it. When closing the latch, hold the latch button open then close the door.

Regular cleaning of course will prolong the life of the MV1 as well in general.

I've been providing this information to our customers that receive replacements and so far we've seen positive results, even with our heavy users (~30 crucibles per day).

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
    Visit our Support KnowledgeBase for the most accurate information about your MV1 and Accessories +GHOST Vapes KnowledgeBase
  • xen
    Virgil and GHOSTTEAM, thanks for taking care of me. You guys are the best. Sent you the requested info.
  • bulllee
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • xen
    @GHOSTTEAM

Not sure why I find it hard to figure out how to tag someone.
  • Oscar nunez
    any news on batteries for the ghost mv1?
  • GHOSTTEAM
    Hey
    Still in between shipments. We have to make sure we have stock for warranty replacement situations for batteries which we do. Until we receive more we have to hold off on relisting them on the site.

On another topic I will try to make sure I post whenever I make an update to our support articles. Every now and then a customer will write in with a new angle or nuance to an old problem and through troubleshooting I find improvements to the process. I just added to our article on Overheating and I wanted to make sure you guys had eyes on it. Hope it helps!

+MV1: Overheating

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST
  • Oscar nunez
    oki doki, I am just a little worried not having any, I like this vape a lot and want to keep it, but if no batteries on the horizon i will be sad.
  • Demonscars
    Very sad I get no use out of this vape anymore because I can’t get new batteries.
  • Ooziah
    @GHOSTTEAM

Loading crucible video: “That’s how it’s done, you gotta use it like a scoop! TAP TAP TAP! :rofl:

Man that video is good!
  • GHOSTTEAM
    @Oscar nunez @Demonscars

Hi guys, totally understand. But again while we're between shipments, we have enough stock for warranty replacement situations. If you're concerned about your battery, please note the following:

* Bluetooth connections will drain the battery. Since there is no "power off" button on either the MV1 or the app, your MV1 and bluetooth are still running.

* Best practice is to charge the battery when your MV1 is not in use. The benefit of following this practice is the MV1 will perform best with a fully-charged battery. That means you'll be getting the most out of your herb.

It is okay to leave the battery docked on the Fast Charger or attached to the micro-USB; it will not degrade the battery. If you're out and about and cannot charge your battery, you can detach the battery from the chassis of the MV1 to completely power the MV1 off.

If your battery goes cold, send us a ticket with the following information and we'll get you back up and running.
    1.) Order number or Retailer name
    2.) Serial Number of your MV1 - You can find it on the box, or behind the unit when you remove the battery
    3.) What helped you determine that your battery was faulty?

+New Support Ticket

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
    Visit our Support KnowledgeBase for the most accurate information about your MV1 and Accessories +GHOST Vapes KnowledgeBase
  • Baron23
    you can detach the battery from the chassis of the MV1 to completely power the MV1 off.GHOSTTEAM

This ^^ I do every time. Just pull the battery and all is good.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment