• acstorfer
    On May the 4th my Ghost MV1 is officially named my weedsabre. Here’s Darth taking in a pull between feats of intergalactic murder and war crimes. GO EMPIRE!!!!!

mg2ztp21zarvfgec.jpeg
  • Baron23
    hahaha...I was about to post my pics of my two MV1's from my vape pic folder...then noticed the "Vape Critic" watermark on the bottom! haha

So, mine are Satin Silver and a Black Chrome.....but look at these and just imagine...."satin and black, satin and black, oooh...satin and..."haha
    2mlwi546gdakl4kh.jpg

I do like my MV1s but in truth I don't use portables all that much. I'm older and mostly vape by myself at night with desktops but as far as portables go, I do love my MV1's. My OG MV1 failed within about a day of using it (solid red lights) but Ghost replaced it within a day or so and I haven't had a a problem since.

I did use one of my MV1s the other night and again ran into a situation that's discussed from time to time. That is, after killing a load, I open the crucible and dang....it looks green in there. As I have commented before, however, this is just from the tiniest pieces that are right on the top next to the lid. If you stir it, you can't see green, if you dump it into an ash tray, you don't see green. I guess what I'm saying is that once I get to the kind of burnt popcorn taste, I consider the load done and the little flecks of green that remain are very inconsequential. The load is extracted.

Here are some before/after AVB pics but..... between the camera, uploading and compression, and the display you are looking at......its really hard to capture and display accurate color.

mjlmjcxcqzbbcaw0.jpeg
    4edf0o0jeaauykxz.jpeg
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    2km7zvl2vc6k73q1.jpg
    I love my MV-1. It can be a bit finicky, but once you learn to properly use it, theres no denying that the MV-1 produces top notch vapor quality, IMO both the flavor and effects are nothing short of amazing. I have yet to find a company (vape related or otherwise) with customer service that even comes close to being as good as Ghost's. They built a product and they stand by it 100% if you need support you will definitly get it from them. I would definitely advise getting all the extra accesories for the best experience, but it's not 100% necessary, but at the very least if you want to take it on the go your definitely going to want the crucible dispenser, with extra crucibles. I personally feel the fast charger is a must, but I know there are plenty of people who get on fine without it.
  • Ctipp22
    I don’t even own one anymore due to a trade and honestly it’s one of my favorite vapes and would definitely would recommend. Hits hard enough for me which is rare.
  • MothChewMoth
    I'm a former owner of the Ghost MV-1, and here are my thoughts from my own personal usage.

TL;DR - The Ghost MV-1 is a very well designed device that tastes amazing. It's a convection vape, so there is a learning curve for some. I sold/traded the bundle I had, but I will own another at some point in the future.

Vapor quality - Flavor here is pretty amazing. Unit required burn-offs, but no more than normal. The glass and heatsink combination works extremely well; vapor is very cool once it gets to your mouth. Grade : A

Design - I love the aesthetics of this, and it feels like a nice premium device in-hand. It has a well thought out vapor path/cooling system. The crucibles are a little on the small side for me, but they're very convenient for pre-loading up a dispenser. It's also got a pretty solid app companion.
    Grade : A

Battery - Interchangeable batteries, available quick charger, and long battery life. I don't recall what their advertised usage statistics are, but I was getting 6-8 crucibles per charge.
    Grade : A

Cleaning - Cleaning after use is quite simple; simply empty your crucible and brush it out. Deep cleaning is a little more effort, but still pretty simple (compared to some other vapes). Here you must remove the heatsink, take it apart, and clean the individual pieces (stem, ceramic insert, metal heatsink, gasket). The chamber and door can get wiped down. My only gripe is that the heater is inaccessible and not possible to clean out. The heater is exposed to crumbs and other things dropping into it, so you just need to turn it upside down and run through a cycle to clean it.
    Grade : B

Usage - Here is where the device can have a little bit of a learning curve. Your draw must be SLOW and LONG. I've got big monster lungs and was pulling way too hard at first because the draw is so unrestricted. Once I figured this out, the device worked perfectly. This device is marketed for both flower and concentrate, but I don't like using it for the latter. While yes, it does work, it can be EXTREMELY messy and gunk up your MV1. It's also harder (imo) to get a good hit in concentrate mode. Using the device, the single button is a little strange but works great once you're used to it. I like the haptic feedback.
    Grade : B

Overall, I really did like this vaporizer quite a bit. It's got a lot of cool features, and the flavor really is top notch. If you're picking one of these up, there are three essentials I think you should get. Get an extra battery, the quick charger, and a crucible dispenser. If you can only get one, get the dispenser :)
  • Stants
    zsyqv87573qxlqpr.jpg

Mine last night before a clean, loving Pete's bubbler, can anyone tell me why I'm getting more vapor at all temps using this ?? Its baffling me my only conclusion is the extra length on the stem is giving me a better pull ? And I get maybe 6-8 pulls on a crucible where as with the stem I'm done by 5-6

Weather using with or without the bubbler I'm still loving it, 2xbatteries is a must if you can, as

Although the 2nd battery I picked up seems to be better than the one that came in the box & again with the other heatsinks, they seem to have firmer seals round the mouthpiece ,
    I'm also averaging 6 crucibles before a fresh battery is needed
  • CDN24
    That’s pretty cool. I didn’t realize Pete’s bubbler would be a perfect fit like that. Is it snug or can it easily fall out? Do you feel like you get bigger hits or just more hits?
  • Stants

It's made for the mv1 has the little ridges at the bottom of the stem & can retract for more resistance as you would with the mouthpiece,

I feel as if I get bigger hits and more out of the crucible as there is a lot of vapour across all temps and at least 2 more hits after I'd have usually not been able to get any more out of the regular mouthpiece

I'd recommend getting one as it's only $25 with free us shipping, mine ended up costing about double but I really wanted to be able to vape a higher temps to get that really stoned effect at the end of the crucible,
  • CDN24
    I never noticed he had one specific for the ghost. Very cool. Think I will need to pick one up. Thanks for sharing!
  • Terry1951

Hi man. Hope you're well.

I always rotate the crucible 180 degrees horizontally to get a few more hits out of it. I don't mean turn it upside down. Lid remains on top.

I see you use a very coarse grind.

I always finer.

Must try that.
  • Baron23
    Hi Terry - hope you are doing well also.

I always rotate the crucible 180 degrees horizontally to get a few more hits out of it.Terry1951

Yep, a lot of people like to do this but they are too dang hot for me to handle! haha And, like I said....I'm not at all sure that for me there is much left in there.

I see you use a very coarse grind.Terry1951

Does look kind of coarse....those pics were taken when the vape first came out and I can't remember the exact circumstances but I should have been using my NV Fine Grinder for everything then. Dunno.

Personally, I fine grind everything, either BCG or NV Fine, so who knows.
  • WOLF444
    Anyone here have and use the (Sneaky Pete's) bubble straw accessory? If so, I would like to hear your feedback....

Rather than opening the door and handling the crucible, I've gotten accustomed to simply rotating the device in my hand a few times during the course of my vape session...
  • MothChewMoth
    I had the bubble straw. It's actually pretty great, and gets noticably cold to the touch during use. I'm not sure what magic it uses, but it works really well with just a tiny bit of water.
  • WOLF444

Thanks, Moth... I think I'm going to purchase one in the near future...
  • kebcatmorgan
    Oooh new MV-1 thread, I can finally put my 2 cents in (kinda).

So for me this is the heavy hitter to go, great ergonomy and A+ vapor. I think everything else had been said already, so I just say my personal usage.

I mostly use it as Bud, that means that level 5 all the way and like 3-4 puffs. Recently I'm starting on level 3 (3-4 puffs and then bump it to 5 and finish the bowl with last hit), because the AVB looked way too dark in the bottom of crucible and too green on the top if I used only level 5. And there's more flavoury hits on lower temps.

This is my Stealth Black MV1 with Brilliant Cut Grinder (and epicvape storage container)
    im1odf1hsd5m9di6.jpg
  • Stants

4ymzlziwli8qc9bj.jpg
    me i have his bubble straw,really liking it, posted above my thoughts on it,
  • Pud
    I was reading the older thread on firmware and apps for the MV1. Do you have to use an app? Or this is just something you can do? And there’s firmware that keeps changing and needing updates to use the vape? ... cause if there’s firmware I’m wondering if I can accidentally brick my vape?... all just seems very odd.. will only be using for flower
  • WOLF444

Thanks, somehow I missed your post last night before asking my question...

Pud, you don't have to use the app... You don't have to download new firemware to the device but doing so may lead to improved functionality.... I prefer to use the app as I change (increase) the temperature as my vape session goes on... I've not come across any reports of firmware updates bricking this device - but I'm certain if something like that ever did happen, the manufacturer would take care of you...
  • Pud
    From reading it also seemed the sequences of lights might be confusing where the app would simplify changing temps, is that why you use the app? Appreciate your help
  • WOLF444

I use the app because it's easier for me to change the temperature settings during my vape session...
  • Stants

No worries mate, I'd recommend picking one up as if changes the whole expeience, most annoying thing is cleaning it, I need to get some small syringes or pipettes, save pouring iso all over the place & as for the app it's all I use, I've only just worked out how to set the temps without using it :yikes:
    @pud if you follow the install sequence for the app & syncing you'll have no trouble,
  • JMH
    2t5qr3hojlxligoo.jpg
    Finally got my MV1! Man I absolutely love it!!!!! Best I’ve used by far! Love the feel it has to it, the weight to it, & the quality of the vapor is great! To me it’s really fun to use.
  • Gonzo
    VAS has taken over!! Good choice
  • JMH
    I need the stealth edition now! Haha
  • Dr green thumb
    I must be really high, @JMH welcome to the ghost world. Three things to remember. 1.coarse grind 2. Keep it clean, especially the crucible lid 3. Don't multi tap the fire button as it causes the vape to register a misfire and reduces power until you disconnect and reconnect the battery.
  • JMH
    thanks for the info. Yeah I’m still getting use to it haha, a lil tricky.
  • WOLF444

And when you're done using the device - disconnect then reconnect the battery real quick... It will extend your battery life but putting the unit back into 'shipping mode'...
  • JMH
    thanks that’s good to know. Does it always go into shipping mode when you take the battery out? I’m going to buy a couple dispensers and extra battery for it
  • JMH
    How often do you guys clean your ceramic crucibles? & with just iso, or soap & water?
  • MothChewMoth
    I had 10 crucibles that I'd soak in ISO about once a week. During the week I'd just brush it out, soaking when it was gunked up.

And yes, any time the battery is pulled it goes into shipping mode. This is a really great way to disable the bluetooth and not have it drain your battery if not in use for a while.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment