• chaos191
    so gratefully my lungs are not affected by my paralysis oh me so slightly but not enough to affect my draw. From everything I've heard the mv1 has better flavor and again is on demand Etc. Of course the mighty has been around for a while and is from one of the most reputable companies around. So my paralysis happened 17 years ago but I've probably been smoking for 35 years almost give or take. Given that I'm fairly confident that after a few crucibles and messing with the stem length I should be able to get the hang of it. As far as dexterity and pushing buttons Etc that would all be done by someone else because even with the mighty I would not be able to push the temperature buttons or the power button for that matter.

I definitely wanna add a Dynavap As well as an induction Heater. The majority of those there are long wait lists for the more "popular" models.

Finally anybody familiar with the site Vapor[-dot]com?

They are selling the MV-1 for 35% of off list price... everything looks all good but sometimes things are too good to be true.
  • Baron23
    hello my friend, well...with this additional info it’s sounds like an MV1 would be right up your alley.
    Like I said, I have two and if your care giver is the one who will load and operate for you, then yes I agree....MV1 has great taste, no draw resistance, and very good extraction.

And Ghost CS is as good as you will find anywhere. They are terrific.

Vapor.com is a fine company. Used to be two other major retailers who combined and renamed. Big reputable outfit. No worries with them.

Be sure to get an extra battery and fast charger if it’s in your budget.

Best of luck and welcome.
  • chaos191
    Thanks Baron23 that's great news with the discount I'll definitely be able to aford the fast charger and Crucible dispenser from Ghost. It seems like extra batteries difficult to find right now I don't remember what side but ice found on one say somewhere I'm sure that I can locate but yes I agree definitely will add one of those as well probably down the line a little bit.
  • LouieB
    Hi, I did get an MV1 on that sale....shipping was fast....good price....good customer service. I didn't have enough at first purchase to get the Fast charger, and the crucible dispenser, but after 2 days with it, I see why everyone says to get the fast charger ,etc. I am learning how to use it, grind and draw variations, and so far it is working well. :)
  • LouieB
    Sale on the Ghost site, 20% off all orders with FALL20 ..... I did order the fast charger and crucible dispenser. Cheers
  • WOLF444

Yes I'm familiar with that retailer as that's where I purchased my MV1 from... A couple weeks later I noticed that they had undercharged me by about $60 - and I brought it to their attention so they could charge me the correct and agreed upon amount at the time of the transaction. They thanked me for notifying them about the billing glitch/error and said I could keep my $60 in savings - AND they offered me a 50% off savings on a future purchase...

Certainly left me with a positive impression of their operations....
  • chaos191
    Wow that's awesome! Good to hear. Are you happy with your set up?

Thanks again for the info I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't going to be getting old units or something like that that they're trying to unload from the sounds of it this is a solid company good customer service
  • chaos191
    There's a code to get 30% off your entire order have to look it up but I think it's vape 30 something like that I'll look it up and post it in case anybody could use it. It's good on any products they sell
  • WOLF444

Yes I'm pleased with my set up... I just got the WPA (Water Pipe Adapter) for the MV1 and then picked up a new water piece (bubbler)... Started pulling vapor from my MV1 through a water pipe and I really like/enjoy the effects and the experience... Here's a photo of my gear:

https://imgur.com/a/NWzb04S

However the MV1 is a heavier vape so I'm also in the market for a lighter, smaller vape which I will eventually use exclusively with water pipes/rigs.... This is my first experience using a vape in this manner so I wanted to test it out with the MV1 first before I transition to using another vape for this specific use/application... Currently looking at the Fury Edge and the Arizer Go...
  • Rudis21
    look into the boundless vapes too, they all come with a water pipe adapter. I have a cfv and pretty much exclusively use it that way
  • Ferdi
    hy everibody !!
    I am Italian, have purchased after a long research for medical reasons from two weeks.... I have never been so happy, it really changed my life and the effect that it has on pain I have never found from other devices...... I was luky also to meet the right temperatures also thanks to this and other forum. Love at first sight !! Unfortunately last night it stopped closing itself..... aready contacted @bruceisvaping from Ghost and we will try to see how to proceed .... hope everything goes all right .... cant do without and for me 295 euros are not peanuts ...
  • Cl4ud3
    Not sure who you tagged there. Ghost are @GHOSTTEAM, @GhostVapesNerissa
  • Ferdi
    thanks... I got answered by someone called Bruce ...
  • Ferdi
    Hope this is the right place to thank @GHOSTTEAM. I have been contacted from the Italian trader and have already sent them the failed device for substitution !!
    Looks like the outstanding support is to be a standard throughout the world !! Hopefully next week I will be back in ops.
    Will let you know !!
  • Dalork
    Howdy folks, just grabbed a MV1 myself at long last. I have a fast charger and extra battery on order but will have to wait a week.

Quick question about charging the battery, can you use your cell phones wall charger and is that quicker and more importantly is it safe to do so. I've got a few wall chargers that do from .05A through to 3A.
  • midas
    The quick charger is quicker, thus the name. Ideally you'll always have one battery fully charged, waiting to go.
  • Dalork
    Yes, I'm aware of that fact hence why I have already ordered a 2nd battery and fast charger. I was just wondering about in the mean time while waiting for them to arrive, or if traveling etc. Handy if you can use your phone charger for both your phone and vape.
  • Frosty1
    The fast charger is definitely quicker than the slow charger
  • Stants
    you can but takes about 8hrs via usb
  • MunicipalBlack

You can use any USB charger whether it's a port on your computer which outputs at 0.5A or a higher amperage charger for a tablet at 2.0A for example. A higher amperage charger should in theory charge the battery faster but MV1 batteries limit input current so there isn't an advantage. The sticker on the back of the battery shows this (5V - 0.5A USB) and my batteries still take 8 hours to charge on a higher amperage charger.

Using a USB charger that is branded "fast charge" will not charge the battery any faster as they need a compatible device. This would be different of course to using the official Ghost Fast Charger which outputs at 12V - 1.5A.

Don't forget you can always charge the batteries if they're removed from the MV1. Red light while they're charging which then goes out when it's ready. The fast charger has a red light when charging and a green light when complete.
  • Gonzo
    The fast charger should just be included with the MV1 instead of having to wait 8 hours to fully charge the battery again....also a second battery is a must.
  • Baron23
    Got this email from Ghost today:

MV1 Was $295, NOW $225

We have permanently dropped the price of the MV1 from $295 to $225.
    Now is the best time to buy one of the most advanced full flower & concentrate vaporizers!
    — Ghost

I applaud this as it makes the vape much more affordable.

And, I absolutely LOVE Ghost CS personnel and their activities as well as some folks running the company and in the development arena. I truly can't say enough positive about how transparent, open, and accommodating Ghost has been.

And I have two MV1s. A Silver Satin and a Black Chrome.

So...why don't I use them more often?

Primarily because I'm an older, vape almost entirely at home, guy and to me nothing beats a good desktop (think EVO, FP SH, Volcano, Enano).

But also because there are times when I just don't feel like fiddling with the crucibles (which I still don't like), fiddling with the temp change process (FFS, it can't be that frakin hard to change in firmware so temp comes before batter level and almost every owner who has expressed an opinion wants this change), and fiddling with batteries as performance changes with battery charge level, etc.

To me, the MV1 does indeed generate wonderful, cool, tasty vapor....particularly for a portable. It is indeed on demand, full convection and I have tested this by taking a couple of hits, setting it down, and coming back to it later in the day and this will suit many, many people's use case. There is hardly another vape truly in this category.

I just wish it was more simple to load and use and when confronted with choices I often reach for another vape.
  • midas
    Price drop like this usually means a new model is coming.
  • Baron23
    Quite possibly.
  • Terry1951

I'm more worried that the ECig scare is being conflated with dry herb vaping, which is like chalk and cheese.

Punters are easily scared, especially when the people writing about it haven't a clue what they're talking about.

Totally different animal
  • Dalork
    Thanks for the replies folks, answers my question. So restricted charging unless via the OEM fast charger, which is meant to turn up today. So it won't be an issue for me anyway lol.

Not sure I'm so stoked about the price drop 1 day after I bought my Ghost, but it's great news for people who have been sitting on the line thinking about getting one. Other than that I'm already enjoying the Ghost, seems to work very well.

Thanks again everyone for all the input you share.
  • Pud
    I’m betting if you called they give you a corresponding credit for the difference... usually how a price drop is handled for the fringe peeps who ordered that close to the date
  • Dalork

I didn't buy it direct from the folks at Ghost HQ, I'm in another country so I bought it locally from a shop. Though if I'd waited a day or knew there was a price drop coming, at the new price I would have bought it from the folks at Ghost HQ is all.

It's not so bad really lol, while the price for them over here is really expensive I did get a deal on it which wasn't that much more really. I'm still happy :smile:
  • Pud
    cool deal... that’s all that matters :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube