• EconMan
    Price drop like this usually means a new model is coming.midas

It is also good pricing strategy. What is something worth? -- whatever the next marginal buyer is willing and able to pay for it. "Early adopters" ALWAYS pay a premium in demand.

Indeed, knowing what I know now, I would easily spend $500 on an MV1, but Ghost doesn't know that so they price me as an average rather than marginal customer.
  • ShayWhiteGrow
    Plus no available batteries through ghost themselves. Not a good sign... I grabbed 2 from POTV just Incase :grin:
  • Dalork
    Why would there be no batteries about? Seems the same over here as most places said they couldn't get any
  • WOLF444
    A cautionary heads up not to soak your MV1 heat sink in isopropyl alcohol for too long... I was cleaning my components and accidently left the heat sink soaking in 91% isopropyl alcohol over night... The next day when I went to rinse it off I noticed the interior coating of the heat sink was now peeling off (photo below)... Doesn't look safe for me to continue using (could inhale the peeling/flaking coating)...

ZX5UtmC.jpg
  • WOLF444
    On a more positive note: I've been using my MV1 with a water pipe adapter and glass bubbler for about 2 weeks now and it's been really enjoyable vaping through water (with the MV1)... This is now my preferred method of consuming...

8Vuz9lw.jpg
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    yeah i did the same thing. Forgot i was soaking the heat sink for like 2 days, and now mine is also flaked, fortunately i have a 2nd heat shrink.
  • Frosty1
    When you're cleaning the heatsink heat it up first with a few draws at high temp. Put it in the iso straight away, leave for a few minutes then qtip. That is sufficient to fully clean, a few redips in the iso will do it otherwise. No need to go soaking overnight!
  • Dalork
    Got my extra battery, I'm happy guy.
  • PTSDGIRL
    I have also had a wonderful experience with their customer service. I would have to have someone seriously work at it to convince me to switch to a different device.
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    yeah, ghost CS is definitely amazing
  • LabPong
    I've been using my MV1 with a water pipe adapter and glass bubbler for about 2 weeks now and it's been really enjoyable vaping through water (with the MV1)WOLF444

Wolf....what rig is that? Do you have a link?
  • WOLF444

Sure...

Be sure to apply the promo code listed at the top of the site if you decide to make a purchase....

Bent Neck Version:
    https://www.badassglass.com/products/8-showerhead-bubbler-by-diamond
    - Gold decal only

Sidecar Version:
    https://www.badassglass.com/products/showerhead-sidecar-bubbler-by-diamond
    -Currently sold out... Check back for availability, I was able to snag one the other night after being sold out originally

~WOLF
  • Stants
    Tempeted to sell mine, as it's just too hot for my throat even with the bubbler, dunno in two minds as mega flavour and portability finding I'm using the desktop more and more these days now the misses has accepted it as a feature in the kitchen :rofl: but with the recent price drop I've no idea what to ask for it
  • EconMan
    with the recent price drop I've no idea what to ask for itStants

Certainly, significantly less than $225 :nerd:
  • Stants
    2x crucible dispensers 2x batteries fast charger 3x heatsink and a bubble straw, what do we reckon ?
  • LabPong
    Stants.....id say $230-240 max....if you did not have the fast charger and extra battery..it would be less. Those 2 things are the most important to use this vape. GL
  • Stants
    I'll see as I love it and I'd only end up spending again on a portable, I'll prob change my mind in a day or two ! Cheers for the input though peeps !
  • GHOSTTEAM
    Good Day All,

I hope everyone's been well. Just popping in to let you all know that GHOST Vapes is hosting a contest of sorts on the Instagram account (ghostvapesofficial) where the winner gets an MV1, Crucible Dispenser, and a Fast Charger. Winner is chosen October 14. Good luck everyone!

Here's a link to the post: Instagram

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • acstorfer
    :(. I dumped Instagram :(.
  • acstorfer
    My experiences with concentrates. It’s been a while so I thought I’d give concentrates another chance in the MV1. I watched the video, realized I did it wrong last time, but I did somewhat blow off the video made by Ghost. They recommend a full battery. I had one light. No joy in concentrate land. So the next morning I had a fully charged battery and it worked EXTREMELY well. I took four hits, put it away for a few hours and switched back to flower. After that I couldn’t get any vapor. I dropped Virgil a PM and problem resolved. Concentrates are very icky so the heat sink needed to be cleaned. All squared away!

The concentrate setting does blow through the battery. Just a warning to have a spare battery if going out.
  • GHOSTTEAM

I don't blame you mate! Instagram can be really distracting :groan:
  • Dalork
    I don't do social media either sorry
  • Rudis21
    I also have also been using my mv1 with the WPA a lot lately. Almost exclusively, and I have found out that it is really a great way to learn technique to get the biggest draw. Having the ability to watch a rig fill up with vapor really helps you figure out exactly how to draw from it
  • WOLF444
    I have a second heatsink now that has some of the black coating on the INSIDE of the heatsink - which is now cracking/flaking off....

The cleaning video on the Ghost MV1 Youtube channel says you can soak the heatsink in 91% Isopropyl alcohol to clean it: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Fahq6DDzyoo

However repeated soakings/cleanings of the heatsinks with 91% Iso is eroding the heatsink coating... This wouldn't be a problem if the coating was only on the exterior, outer part of the heatsink - but the coating when applied at the factory is getting on the inside rim of the heatsink... Here's a photo of the 2nd heatsink that I've had this occur to, just snapped this photo last night:

https://i.imgur.com/Kocykzr.jpg
    Kocykzr.jpg

Because the coating is flaking off, and this is an area of the heatsink where the superhot air is going to pass through - I'm paranoid now about using this particular heatsink because I''m concerned that a piece of the coating is going to get dislodged and I'm going to inhale it into my lungs... I can't imagine this coating is safe to ingest (but I don't know it's chemical makeup)... I've already seen flecks of coating come off when cleaning the heatsink and trying to remove the coating that's already peeling off (on the interior)...

Now I'm also reluctant to soak my heatsink in 91% ISO because it's causing the coating to erode and I'm concerned about ingesting/inhaling any of it...

I would appreciate it if someone from the Ghost Team/Staff would comment on this... Is this considered a Warranty issue? I already have 1 Heatsink which I had to retire from the coating issue... Now it's occurring with a 2nd one... Should I fill out a support ticket for this or would someone like to speak with me privately about the issue?

Thank you in advance...

~WOLF
  • Rudis21

@GHOSTTEAM@ghost-ops
    Tagging these two has always got me close to immediate communication with the Ghost team. They will quickly address your issue I'm sure of it
  • GHOSTTEAM

Hello!
    Sorry to hear you've had 2 heat sinks affected by this. It's a fairly rare occurrence and we're happy to send you a couple new heat sinks. I'll collect your information via PM shortly.

Our video on cleaning was created before the Stealth and will be updated soon. Until then, we've got a handy knowledgebase article on this which makes special mention of caring for the Stealth/Components: +MV1: Cleaning

Thank you once again for reaching out and we'll get you back up and running asap.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • Vahn
    Hi all. Kind of newbie here...as I m fairly new to the vaporizer world.

Not a mothertongue so i’ll try to explain what’s my problem and what I’ve done trying to solve it

I was a proud owner of a firefly 2 but it recently broke in the process of deep cleaning it. The only thing that I really didn’t like was that tough draw resistance

So I made some researches as everyone does when it comes to buy a new thing. I found this Mv1 that seemed like the perfect choice for me.

I made my bet and bought it.
    From the very first time I used it...about one week ago...I got only a handful of good hit of vapor from about 15 crucible.

Low temp and high temp
    Medium grind and Hand ripped
    Slow and fast inhalation
    Packed tight and loose

I had a learning curve with the ff2...but when I understood what was best for the device I started to see some improvements in the overall experience. this time it seems to get me nowhere. Results are always inconsistent.

I used it mostly with cbd starting from lower temps and gradually tuning the temp up to produce more clouds...but most of the time it seems I can’t even get a good puff of vapor at 210C/410F

I thought it was the strain so I tried other samples and nothing changed

Thought it was the cbd so I tried some “stuff” I had and the result has been the same

Although I have to admit that the effects are potent...vapor or not....I am starting to think that I got a faulty device. From what I understood in my research...the Mv1 was supposed to get me at least the same results of my old FF2

Can you help me? Is there something I didn’t think of ? Do I have to surrender to the fact that I have to file an Rma and quit vaping for at least half a month ?

Sorry for the long post :)

Ps. Abv seems to take forever to get brown/dark...and when it does it’s always unevenly burnt
  • SouthboundPachyderm
    are you drawing for the full 15 seconds? Is your heat sink installed correctly? Have you watched the videos on ghosts sight?... The MV1 can be a bit finicky, but once you figure it out its a beast. It may be that it's faulty, but it may not be. Hard to say without knowing exactly how you have been using your MV1. Rest assured if it is faulty @GHOSTTEAM has awesome customer service, and they will get you set straight for sure.
  • GHOSTTEAM

Thank you @Vahn for writing in. We do try to make it so an RMA is the last step in the process of troubleshooting but for your peace of mind even then turnaround is rarely more than 10 days (with some exception) before a resolution is reached.

Definitely appreciate the amount of information in your post, very useful for troubleshooting purposes. I try not to have a post with blocks of how-to text so instead I dropped links to our Knowledgebase articles below. The information in these articles is the same information I would provide via formal support request and here on the forums. I hope you find it useful.

MV1: Vaping Dry Herb
    MV1: Vapor Production

I look forward to hearing how your next session goes.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • Vahn

Thank you! I watched those videos (and many others) so many times while I was waiting for the shipment...that I could probably repeat those same words one after another :)

The only thing I didn’t tried is to let the herb sit for 15/30mins before using it...but I tried various samples so I don’t know if i can blame the moisture of the herb

Thanks!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet