• chaos191
    Hello Virgil how are you today? So I have MV-1 I did extensive research and studying up on this vape maybe like 2 months before I bought it I don't know if you remember my situation but you under that having to swap my unit out cause it came DoA. THANKS. So it's basically my daily driver I can consistently get a measured amount of medication I'm actually quadriplegic my fingers don't work so I end up needing help completely from my assistant :) it works out this is a pretty easy to work vape. So the replacement unit that you sent me right away Has been working nicely they were like night and day it's really great actually so yesterday evening with a low battery I try to vape a crucible as usual and just no vapor production seems like I wasn't getting any heat and there is still one green light on the unit. So I charged it all night I don't have a fast charger :( I went to use it and it would not produce any vapor battery was 100% through the app as well as on the unit it was barely producing any heed whatsoever. I looked at the crucible material is still green no sign of heat application at all, in a vape critic video he took the heat sink out and then you hit the Fire button in the Meadow unit that super heats turns red in his video when you push the button mine didn't do anything there is no heat production whatsoever. It seems like and I have trouble shot it my unit just went dead for who knows what reason. I love this Vape I guess I would own 2 If I could afford them for this kind of situation. I have the stealth version the heat sink is also showing and I have no even Cleaned this one There is a tiny little bit of peeling starting. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,dbz77tso7r3z7vbq.jpg
    i6e90w0g0bwya2xz.jpg

Nathan

Edit This was meant to be sent as a Dm Sorry
  • UbarDog

Made a Ticket but you Ghost guys are great on here so Im double up :D
    ckjlimbf76nvpw0j.jpg
    tb5jdkjqgsa7l16y.jpg

I got the Flakes !!! This CU has never seen ISO before and its only the 2nd time its ever been remove .

Sad Ubar :(
  • Gonzo
    Yeah, think the stealth was a good idea but has issues. I tried to exchange the unopened stealth that I purchased for a different one but they won’t do it so guess I’m stuck with it.
  • kiddvudu2
    Really? That's kinda unheard of from Ghost CS. Did they give a reason? :chin:
  • Gonzo
    Yeah, I’ve had great service from their CS in the past so was very surprised. I could have returned for a refund and ordered a new one for a higher price, which is what I had to do in the past with the original heat sink version that had issues. I decided to register the new stealth to get the 5 year warranty and will use and return if it has issues (hopefully I’ll get lucky and all will be fine). Don’t get me wrong, I think their CS is top notch so I’m confident I’ll be taken care of if needed.
  • UbarDog
    I never C&P from E-mails to forums but with this one I simply have to. Opening line from Ghost.

Thank you for writing in and sincere apologies for causing concern. The Stealth coating will peel/chip over time.

If I had read/known this I would not have purchased a stealth. Being in the UK I really need stealth and this would have altered my decision. They give stealth cleaning instructions I followed this, but more carefully.

Just wanna Add thou . Ghost are being great about it, replacement is getting sorted. Just shocked me enougth to post up
  • Stants
    @UbarDog

I feel you pain, I've three heatsinks the og stealth one that came in the box which I've managed to get it to peel by leaving it iso (obviously my own fault)

A replacement ghost sent me due to the gasket in the og one being a bit faulty, this had a slight chip in when it arrived where it would sit in the unit

And a third which I bought from vapo shop which arrived with flakey paint on the rear,

I suppose it's a wear and tear item, so I can't be too mad, but agreed for us over here the shiny heatsink sticks out like a sore thumb I get enough funny looks in the pub as it is, I have to say the ghost is a great conversation starter though

I presume these are powder coated? As the paint is thicker on the outside than inside, my door latch is staring to chip slightly in two places but again I put this down to wear and tear
  • UbarDog

Really trying to stay positive about this vape. I want to like it but its hard work this is why im yet to post my views on it. I stopped smoking to be healther and turned to vaping . I doubt im even 15 crusables in on this unit and I got the flakes . The fact they state that it will happen. They should just stop production and sale of that CU and only use coating they know will hold up. Stuck to the cermic and mouthpiece was black flecks of paint/Coating, Stopped only by oils . I suspect that the flecks came loose after cleaning and more so from reinserting the CU. So no oil to catch 1st wave of paticals, wonder where they are now ? In my lungs proberly. Noice!!!
  • Stants

Mines only really been flaking on the outside, but when you shine a light into the heatsink you can see where the coating process hasn't been as uniform, I have to really agitate the inside to get anything to come off, I don't think I've inhaled any crap as it looks fairly hard to draw through the holes in the ceramic 'innards'
    I'm using the desk top as the daily now so my ghost is relegated to out and about & the odd cheeky early morning wake & bake,
  • dfairles
    Ugg, @GHOSTTEAM. Fourth broken latch. Support ticket created.
    All stealths. Are just the stealth unit's breaking? Will this issue be resolved?
  • BestBuds
    It seems like it's only the Stealth models. Same with the flaking on the cooling unit, only the Stealth models. :confused:
  • Razzmatazzdank
    i was told its just an issue on the stealth after sending back my second one they did at least offer to swap it for a different colour
  • GHOSTTEAM

Hello again @dfairles,

Your replacement order has been submitted. Yes, the latch issue is a rare but known issue specific to the Stealth. For anyone who has a Stealth with a broken latch, we do offer to switch finishes for your replacement. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us so that we can fix you right up. Quickest response will be via our website >>> Support Request <<<

To expedite your request, please make sure to provide the following information when you reach out:
    1.) Order number or Retailer name
    2.) Serial Number of your MV1 - You can find it on the box, or behind the unit when you remove the battery
    3.) Contact information for shipping (Full Name, Ship-to address & Phone number)
    4.) Preferred color/finish for the replacement

Can't thank you all enough for your support.

Best,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
    M-F 7AM-3:30PM PST
    Visit our Support KnowledgeBase for the most accurate information about your MV1 and Accessories +GHOST Vapes KnowledgeBase
  • bulllee
    Yes, the latch issue is a rare but known issue specific to the Stealth.GHOSTTEAM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • dfairles
    Hardly a rare issue. I have had 4 break in 8 months. Others have broken multiple times.
    I really wish they would fix the issue with the stealth finish. I don't care for the other finishes.
  • jkod
    Do you need to replace the crucible after a while, or can you keep using and cleaning the same one? If they need to be replaced, how much use can you get from one?
  • spider
    I'd say keep using it, those crucibles are made to last and very resilient,
    It's ok if they are stained it's not going to effect performance. Just keep soaking in iso and you should be ok.
  • jkod
    Good to know. Thank you!
  • BestBuds

I got the MV-1 when it first came out. All my crucibles are only discolored and one went awol. They are ceramic and as long as you don't abuse them they will last through years of use.
  • spider
    Me thinks he got the point,lol
  • BestBuds
    Just backing you up dude. Many times people use repetition to emphasize something. :victory:
  • spider
    just playing, thanks,
    Being goofy, don't mind me: :rofl: : :blush:
  • BestBuds

That sativa got me nervous man! :joke:
    qla1vai0swr75vns.gif
  • jkod
    Will any fast-charging unit (not the one sold separately for the MV1) that takes micro-USB work with this vape? The fast charger is like $80 and I'm really not trying to spend that on top of a $300 vape, but it seems the device needs it
  • Baron23
    no, the Ghost fast charger is designed to accept their proprietary battery pack.
  • kiddvudu2
    It slow-charges via any micro usb cable, but takes abt 6 hrs from dead. Quick charger isn't necessary, I never use mine (but I have multiple batteries). MV1 is on sale for $200 when I looked earlier today.
  • jkod
    Yeah, the batteries are just as expensive though. MV1 is on sale for 220 right now, which is one of the reasons I'm so seriously considering (vs the regular $385). I'm just debating whether it's still worth it if I'm going to have to invest in all these extras (ie: extra battery pack or fast charger, crucible dispenser) just so that using it isn't a hassle
  • kiddvudu2
    I feel ya. I guess I would say that if u can justify the cost of the unit + a spare battery + a crucible dispenser then u would be a happy camper. But, I agree that's alot of cheese. But mv1 is a very solid vape.
  • EasyToSlip
    Main Unit + Fast Charger + crucible dispenser is the essential kit. And works really well when you get it dialed in to your preferences...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment