• Z Master
    yeah it takes time to get it down right, I’m still perfecting it. I only use the mv1 at 428 because anything else doesn’t do it for me & I get very little vapor out of the mv1 on lower temps. So I get 2-3 hits out of a crucible, sometimes only 2 depending on my flower. I tried it on medium, & high but wasn’t getting satisfying vapor production. I’m cutting back on how much I use, so now I have some microdosing vapes ima be using. MV1, SplinterZ, & the Enano.
  • rft360
    that sounds sick dude! splinterz? never heard of that one how it it?
  • Z Master
    I’ve heard it’s a heavy hitter. It’s an on demand convection vape. Also a microdosing vape. I get mine Wednesday so I’ll let you know then haha. I’m expecting to like it more than the mv1, cause I love the glass on glass connection & it seems easier to load & unload. I use to hate on the Z because I’m not a fan of box mods, but now am super excited to try it.
  • Pablopicasso
    I have mine about 6 month and aI have to say that with correct technique it is a cloud maker and flavor savor...
    It is strange but I like to use it more like a session vape,
    Like one puff every 2 min starting on level 2 and fishing at level 4....(it make amazing clouds at 2 that some time amaze me)
  • Baron23
    It is strange but I like to use it more like a session vapePablopicasso

I do the same...one draw after another until the load is cashed.
  • Pablopicasso

I think is the best way to get best and most uniform extraction with the ghost,
    I know many people is expecting to get it at 5 level get moster clouds but I find that you don't have uniform extraction at the end not same result every time...
    I find more o les same effects and cloud with a gentle approach like we stated before and more uniform abv
  • WOLF444
    I shared a referral link with someone but I don't know if they used my link to make their Ghost MV1 purchase.... Not long ago I received an email from Ghost vapes titled 'Your Reward Is Waiting'... Did anyone else receive a similar email? I'm trying to figure out if that was a generic email sent out to everyone who's subscribed, or if that was an email notifying me that I have a $25 referral credit waiting... Looking for clarification...
  • Stants

I like the way you can use it both ways, if I want to I can do the whole crucible in quick succession or if I'm watching a film or working you can just pull as and when
  • Pud
    So figured out my MV1:
    —needed the material to be a little more dry
    —needed to pull the “straw” out more and hit it a little harder, then it’s awesome microdoser.
    I had read somewhere to push it almost all the way in and draw lightly but that wasn’t doing it. Thanks for everyone’s tips. I knew just had to switch up technique until I figured it out.
  • Z Master
    how fast/slow/hard/soft do you pull on each draw? My stem is like an inch out, & I pull pretty hard/fast
  • Pud
    I pull it all the way out then re-insert slow until the rubber in the heat sink clicks into the little slot near the bottom of the straw... then just good steady pull — maybe 1/4 or 1/3 as hard as my max would be then increase pressure to 1/2 or so, the longer I pull...
  • Trainwreck
    Good day fellow Ghosts. Just like to say thanks to @GHOSTTEAMfor excellent customer service. In particular thank you to Virgil
  • GHOSTTEAM
    We appreciate you @Trainwreck and everyone here. The best part of being helpful is making a difference in another person's life. A bonus that is never expected is being acknowledged for it. Pleasantly surprised and grateful. Be well and take care.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • upside
    @GHOSTTEAM I've been using my Stealth MV1 regularly for 10 months and am happy. A couple suggestions:

- Can you eliminate the electronic buzzing sound when taking a hit? It really bothered me at first. I've since gotten used to it but I'm very sensitive to sound and would love to have a quieter MV1 experience.

- Can the crucible lid be changed so that it locks into place on the crucibles? It would be easier to swap out crucibles especially when they're warm.

- The experience of changing temperatures, either with the buttons or app, could be improved. It would be great if the app had the ability to track and direct a session automatically. For example, 1 hit on low, then 2 hits on medium, and 1 hit on high to finish.

Thanks!
  • Z Master
    I’m having an issue with my mv1. After I turn it on & it’s in standby mode with the single green light in the middle, when I hit the fire button on the back of the device my mv1 just shuts off. Then I have to hold down the button on the front to get out of shipping mode because just clicking the button 3 times won’t get it back on. Sometimes I have to hold it down 2 separate times to just get it out of shipping mode. Once I get it on it’s good for one hit sometimes 2, then it shuts off again or will shut off in the middle of a hit. Then I have to repeat this process. It doesn’t bother me that much but I know this isn’t normal because it was working perfectly fine before. My app is closed so I don’t think that’s interfering with it but I could be wrong. Anyone experience this before?

Edit: I added that it shuts off during a hit because I just remembered that it did that like 4 times & wanted to add the info in case I’m doing something wrong & it’s not the device. It also started to display false battery life after a full charge as well after my issue with it shutting off happened. It would show 2 green lights after it charged, could be the battery or fast charger. Now the main issue I have only happens after I remove the battery to save the battery life, so I leave the battery in the mv1 full time now. Also haven’t opened the app since it first started happening.
  • Biesas

@GHOSTTEAM@ghostvapesofficial@ghostdigitalops@GhostVapesNerissa
    Any ETA on the firmware update??

The stealth mode and reverse order of battery/temperature levels are the two features I've been longing for.

My MV1 doesn't get that much love these days and to be honest never did, mainly because of it's dependency on the app to change the temperature levels or it is otherwise inconvenient on the device.
  • upside
    The stealth mode and reverse order of battery/temperature levels are the two features I've been longing for.Biesas
    +1 That sounds like a great idea.
  • Pud

I have to agree... I think what gets the buttons confusing is there are too many functions that those 2 buttons are being asked to do and it depends on what mode the unit is an as to what the same button pushing will do.

It’s like you told the engineers “I don’t care what you do but you have to make 2 buttons work. I don’t care if anyone understands or not, make 2 buttons work... but they’ll be stoned.... I know! :rofl so don’t tell them you can’t change temps unless they are in standby mode vs shipping mode vs vape mode... they can figure it out, why should we help them by simplifying our product or writing better instructions... because this button pushing is not obvious, it’s random.... shoot a slide switch on it for shipping (better term “reset”) mode, standby mode, vape mode, stealth mode... then your other button pushes are simplified and now make sense... I can see the slider and KNOW what mode I’m in.. granted with a few more months useage it’ll be obvious to me as well how to work around..... but I believe that is the crux of the problem holding people back from being instant experts with your device...
  • Baron23
    Can you eliminate the electronic buzzing sound when taking a hit?upside

I'm not Ghost but some of these items have been discussed a number of times in the past. The buzzing, worse on some units than others, is from the pulse width modulation (PWM) power control circuit and the MV-1 isn't the only one to make a sound like this. It would take a redesign, I believe, to eliminate it so probably not in the near term.

Can the crucible lid be changed so that it locks into place on the crucibles?upside

Many, incl me, agree with you on this.

The experience of changing temperatures, either with the buttons or app, could be improved.upside

From day one, Ghost has been asked to reverse the order of appearance between battery charge level and temp display. They said yes, it will be done in next firmware release, then crickets....for a long time now...crickets.
  • Baron23
    ’m having an issue with my mv1. After I turn it on & it’s in standby mode with the single green light in the middle, when I hit the fire button on the back of the device my mv1 just shuts off. Then I have to hold down the button on the front to get out of shipping mode because just clicking the button 3 times won’t get it back on. Sometimes I have to hold it down 2 separate times to just get it out of shipping mode. Once I get it on it’s good for one hit sometimes 2, then it shuts off again & I have to repeat this process. It doesn’t bother me that much but I know this isn’t normal because it was working perfectly fine before. My app is closed so I don’t think that’s interfering with it but I could be wrong. Anyone experience this before?JMH

No, I had one die on me and just go straight red lights and the RMA'd me a new device....this was just at release. I had it a day or so before infant mortality. I'm sure that they will take care of you. I think my new device was over-nighted to me...Satin Silver and still working fine. Sometimes stuff just breaks, right?

Hope you don't mind, but I will tag Ghost CS here for you.

@GHOSTTEAM @GhostVapesNerissa
  • martinstraka8282
    Count me in on those firmware updates!

I find the button commands rather cumbersome.
  • upside
    The buzzing, worse on some units than others, is from the pulse width modulation (PWM) power control circuitBaron23

Ohhhh! That makes sense and is actually a relief. To celebrate - a hit on the MV1 :cool:
  • Z Master
    I’m the second owner, & it’s an OG model so I doubt ghost can help me. Thank you though, much appreciated. It might be time to just buy a new one
  • GHOSTTEAM

Hi @JMH!
    Thank you for reporting this here. For future reference, you can also reach out to us directly from our site by creating a support ticket. >>> Create Support Ticket

The issue is an unusual one for the MV1. I can recall one or two other similar occasions where we received a report of the device shutting down the way you described. No worries about the warranty situation. The policy is there for a general rule and we've always done our best to make exceptions.

I just have a couple questions for the sake of clarification:
    When you say the vape shuts down, are you noticing that the LED turns off and the coils are no longer illuminated? What are you seeing, maybe also physically feeling, to indicate that the vape has shut off?

I look forward to resolving this for ya.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • GHOSTTEAM

Hi @Biesas and All,
    Out of respect to everyone following this thread I won't beat around the bush with customer service-like verbiage regarding the mystery of the firmware update. I don't know when it's coming out.

When we announced we were working on the new firmware we had the best of intentions and every reason to anticipate a subsequent release shortly thereafter. We were excited to share and frankly still are, but in retrospect we spoke too soon. Until we know the firmware is ready and set to release we will hang tight with information going forward.

In the meantime we've put a lot of work into creating and updating our KnowledgeBase. The quickstart guide and our tutorials on Youtube admittedly have their shortcomings. Being keenly aware of this I created videos and how-to articles that get to the heart of the matter quickly, clearly, and simply. If you haven't checked them out, you can visit this link (hover over and click here >>> GHOST Vapes Knowledge Base

For those new to the MV1, a great place to start is here (hover over and click >>> How to Use the MV1

We appreciate you all and thank you for continuing to stick with us.

Best,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • Z Master
    yes when the vape shuts off the lights turn off. There’s no vibration or any physical feeling letting me know it’s off. It’s very odd sometimes after I get it out of shipping mode & in standby mode I hit the button on the back to begin heating it up but it just turns off. It also happened multiple times after it had heated up & was ready for me to take my draw & once I began to draw from it, it turned off & I didn’t even know it.
  • GHOSTTEAM

Thank you for confirming. I'll send you a PM to gather your account details and we'll get this squared away today. Thank you again for your patience.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • Z Master
    thank you so much, you’re the best!
  • GHOSTTEAM

Always happy to help my friend.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • WOLF444
    What would cause your phone and MV1 to spontaneously cease pairing?

Tonight I came home from work and went to fire up my MV1 for my first session and it refuses to pair with my phone and the app... I've rebooted my phone several times, removed the battery from the MV1 and reconnected it... I cannot get my MV1 to pair with my phone/app right now.... Wondering what caues this and if there are any recommended steps to resolve the issue... Uninstalling/Re-installing the app didn't help either...

UPDATE: I downloaded and ran the Ghost Bluetooth Test app and the report came back saying there is an error that should be reported.

I currently have an open ticket regarding a prior issue (replacement). Do I need to fill out a new ticket for this current device and issue? Or can I simply continue communicating with the Ghost staff member who has been assisting me on the previous issue (initial support ticket)?

Thanks...

~WOLF
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube