• 38spider
    I appreciate your guys help, nowayout I am glad to here that I'm not the only one who this has happened to, I have already had to have replacement for a slight similar incident, I noticed the last couple of days the scratch has gotten worse, I'm most likely gonna send it in for a replacement if it gets worse, Virgil is very good at costumer care, thanks guys✌
  • 38spider
    Hey, got a question for any of you ghost guys, I noticed whenever I'm taking consecutive hits, the second hit I go for, the heater seems to give me a short sequence without much vape, I noticed that the time the coils stay on is also very short? The only way that I have found to correct this issue is to disengage/engage the battery with every hit, I noticed by doing this my coils stay on longer, and I always get a good vape cloud, anyway has anyone else noticed this issue or anything similar? Thanks✌
  • martinstraka8282
    Can't say I've experienced what I think you're describing.

I almost always immediately release, press, and hold the button down after the first draw finishes so that I can go longer than the 15 second limit, and the second pull will always allow the full 15 seconds no problem.
  • 38spider
    yeah, I think I may have a heater issue, as long as i disengage/engage the battery it goes the whole 15 sec? Oh well i may have to get it sent for a new one, as you can see on the pic above, I'm also having some door scraping issues? Thanks.
  • martinstraka8282
    Ya saw those door issues, thats a bummer too.

When you say you disengage/engage the battery, do you mean physically disconnecting and re-connecting it each time?
  • 38spider
    yup, I tap the button, let it slide out, then pop it back in real quick, this seems to give it a full heat cycle, if not the coils only heat for about 7 sec?
  • 38spider
    im wondering if this could be a battery issue, or a mv1/firmware issue, I'll use a different battery tonight and see what happens.
  • martinstraka8282
    Ya definitely I wonder if thats a firmware issue too. I think I remember reading at one point that people "trick" the Mv1 by popping the battery in and out between each hit because it gives max temp on the full hit, whereas subsequent hits get full for half and a reduced heat for half. Maybe its glitching and giving no heat after half instead?

I tried on mine with no crucible or heat sink in and it does look like I get fairly reduced orange glow about halfway through the 15 seconds on pulls after the first one.
  • 38spider
    I had a quick sesh before work, I took a draw, it was good vapor quality, then after, I took another, it buzzed/engaged but it definitely was shorter, almost no vapor, popped the battery out and got a bell ringer , so I wonder if I possibly need to wait a little longer between draws for the coil to fully cool down, maybe this will help the heatup? I wonder if this is a overheating mechanism, to ensure the coils dont get too hot? But if I pop the battery out and engage it, it doesn't seem to have an issue with the full heating cycle? I think tonight, I'm going to try to space out my second hit at maybe a 2 minute mark, maybe that will possibly do the trick, let it cool down a lil longer? Definitely appreciate the feedback, it's nice to know I'm not imagining it,lol.
  • Kinick23
    @22Spider what temps are you running generally and is the battery fully charged when this happens? I recall this happening to me quite a bit when I first got my ghost.
  • 38spider
    hey whatsup man, I'm running it at level 4/5, usually 5, and always keep a full battery, anyway I noticed after alot of extensive testing last night that when you do consecutive draws, the heat cycle seems to shorten, if you pop out battery and reset, you get a full cycle everytime, you still get a little heat of course if you don't reset, but not the whole 15 sec? I don't know If its mine? Or if everybody's mv1 reacts this way? I'll be honest, I know the ghost has great flavor but the inconsistencies it provides is starting to not fit very well into my lifestyle, this is my 3ard replacement, and each one there has been door/latch scraping issues, and the techs just cant seem to work out all the bugs in my mind, I think in gonna put erh away, I'm getting a flowerpot next month, and also have my eyes on a grasshopper which will be a nice replacement for my mv1, I think after 2 yrs with the ghost I might be ready to move on, ✌,
  • nowayout

Man that sucks. I haven't really seen any inconsistencies with the recent replacement units I have had.
    If I have had them, it is by user error on my part. I make sure to see if the heat sink is properly placed and sealed good and I don't have any issues with it.
    They do have 5 year warranty so you could possibly ask for another replacement and see how that goes.
    I think the scratching on the door is just the rubbing of moving parts and cheap coating.

I do remember the inconsistent days of the MV1 when they first started out. It was not fun at all and it's understandable for you to move on. The only thing I was having issues with a couple of months back was overheating after a couple of back to back sessions. Eventually it will get too hot to use but that's my only annoyance and I haven't really had back to back sessions in a while. I might have to test out my new unit to see if it does the same.
  • 38spider
    I hear ya, the ghostmv1 is nice, especially the flavor but I've noticed lately that I'm constantly fiddling with it and not getting as much out as I would like, I realize the heat issue I was having is basically after the first draw, my mv1 gives me a shorter draw afterwards, and I noticed resetting the battery I get a full 15 sec/when before I would only get a 7 sec draw? I'm pretty sure it's just a overheat mechanism or something, anyway I guess that what I mean by consistency, I'm ready to put down for a bit, i think the hopper would be a good replacement in the future,not the taste aspect, but the effecient constant i heard it provides, i would like to see ghost possibly come out with a better model in the future, theres a couple of bugs, but there close, dont get me wrong I'll still use the mv1 to taste good product, but as far as my rotation, I'm gonna let it take a break.:))
  • Pud
    not sure if you noticed but double check the rubber boot on the heat sink. Make sure it is turned the right way...that flat spot goes where the notch is... just wanted to be sure as that rubber piece is directional and only goes in one way and will cause your heat issue too. Hope it helps!
  • Boombastik

So when you take your second hit consecutively the long buzz that tells you its heated up is shorter or the last buzz saying you cant stop inhaling is shorter?

Ive noticed that on my second consecutive hit recently on even 349 degrees the long buzz takes a shorter amount of time and sometimes I cant inhale to the last buzz because im getting more smoke then the first. Ive always wondered how can we make sure the temperature we set the MV1 is correct other then resetting it and using default presets.
  • Baron23
    The time to the first buzz (the "I'm ready" buzz) will indeed be shorter on subsequent draws than the first one as the overall unit is already heated.

The duration between the "I'm ready" buzz and the "stop drawing" buzz should remain constant.

@ghost-ops Virgil - can you confirm this for us. That is, the draw duration before getting the stop buzz should remain constant...what, 15 seconds, I think?
  • GHOSTTEAM

Yep! That's right @Baron23 ... I wrote a little bit on this in our KnowledgeBase here >>> http://support.ghostvapes.com/support/solutions/articles/33000243609-when-do-i-take-my-draw-

In there I break down the difference between herb and concentrate settings. Short anecdote, I've been doing more video calls lately and I've noticed more and more of us are not inhaling at the right time. For example, some (on herb settings) begin drawing as soon as they press the button but not all the way through to the end of the heat cycle. Others are inhaling closer to the last buzz. I can't express how much this tiny detail has helped the customers I've been talking to lately, which was the reason for writing the article.

Any questions friends let me know. Always happy to help.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • martinstraka8282
    I like to immediately press and hold the button again for more of a 20-30 second draw. Any reason I shouldn't do this? 15 seconds is too short for me, but I'm wondering if it's too hard on the coil or something. I've never had it overheat doing this.
  • Kinick23
    @22spider I feel you on that, I’m in a similar boat now. I didn’t realize you’ve had the mv1 for 2 years already. When I first got I complained of same thing, I kept pulling the battery out to reset the heater to get stronger draws cause I felt after the first it just went downhill in terms of performance. I get it’s the power mgmt chip at play once it’s already heated it’s not going to provide the same heat up time on subsequent draws as the initial one which makes sense to me. Then with time I got my technique down/crucible pack/stem height/heat settings/always full charge sorted and from there had no issues ex the occasional “ghost” hit. Once I added the Tubo to my collection and started using that consistently I found it so much more forgiving, can use multiple ways, pure taste and big clouds easy. After going back to the Mv1 from there I started minimizing my usage cause as you said it’s very finicky and sometimes I don’t want to fiddle, and just rip something easy and quick which the Tubo, splinter Z and omnivap all do for me easier imo. At this point it mainly sits in my room after 15 months of daily use and now gets used a few times/month when The situation warrants. I do like that the stem and herb is all contained in the unit so makes it more portable out of the house vs some of the others I have with removable glass stems. But the funny thing is despite that I still choose (lately) to take my Tubo out with me instead
  • 38spider
    I'm very happy to here that someone else notices that the heat drops off after the first cycle, when the cycle goes the entire cycle there's no issues, but me and you both know that unless you reset the battery it doesn't give you the heat you need, anyway I think alot of people don't notice because the coils do get hot, but for me I can definitely tell, especially when I'm getting towards the end of my hit, and the heat gives out just as I'm getting vape buildup? There's something to be said about having a vape that you load and go that's for sure, I have never heard of the tubo, but I'm interested to check it out,
    The ghostmv1 definitely won't be retired, but I will not have it in my constant rotation anymore, I'll be using it more as a taste tester, something to taste that new flower that just hit the market, anyway thanks for the input ✌
  • GHOSTTEAM

Hey there!
    So if I'm understanding correctly this is your sequence:
    1.) Press vape button (immediate release)
    2.) Immediately press/hold vape button and inhale for 20-30 seconds

Is that right? Do you feel the 3rd haptic at all when you do this?

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • martinstraka8282
    Hey, thanks for the reply! This was my hack as 15 seconds can feel a bit light sometimes.

That sequence looks right ya. Basically a 20-30 non stop draw in total with respecting the initial heat up buzzes, but ignoring it on the second 15 second sequence right after.

-Press and hold button until 2nd buzz to indicate heated

-Then start the draw

-I wait for that sequence to end with the 3rd buzz

-Upon feeling the 3rd buzz, i release the button but don't stop my draw

-I then immediately press and hold vape button again starting a new sequence while not stopping my draw

-I draw through the first two buzzes ignoring the "heat up" time and go until that 3rd buzz again, or when I release the button a bit before

I've never had it give me overheat warnings and have been doing this for a while, but I have wondered if its hard on the coil or something else.
  • Biesas

If I read that right, that's a 30 second hit? :yikes:
    My lungs would fall out after that long of a hit on my MV1 :lol:

Though I do notice that my replacement unit is running considerably hotter than my first MV1
  • 38spider
    hey I cant help but notice your apart of the ghost team, so I have a concern that should probably concern you, the last couple of days I have obviously been talking with and going over a glitch that I believe has come a problem for me with the ghost, the consecutive hits are significantly shorter than the first? Like I was saying earlier, you get a full 15 sec cycle, and everything after that is significantly less, now I have talked to enough people to confirm that this is not just my unit, I have to reset everytime to get a full 15 sec heatup time and that's not cool, so after 2 yrs of off and on use I've decided to hang it up, only bust it out every once in the while in the blue moon as a taste tester, anyway I know you guys have bugs to work out so let me tell you as a person who vapes,
    If you can improve the vape to were it extracts without having to fiddle/rotate/ and has a full consistant heat range on every hit, I would be interested in throwing it back in my rotation, but I'm unfortunately looking for a more improved mv1, thanks✌, let this be know that this reflects my experience/ opinion, not everyone else, I would say the most discrepancy for me is dealing with the inconsistencies heatup after the first hit, I'm sorry, but resetting after every hit has become cumbersome, I hope I don't come off as rude, I want to see tha mv1 get improved that's all.
  • Frosty1

Thought I'd chime in here.
    Sorry to hear you're having this issue. I've had several MV1s over time and none have done this. If anything the more hits I take the hotter it gets without shortening the cycle. I know this isn't what you want to hear but thought I should say so you more information. Could you post a video of the problem?

This hack is a beast, love it!
  • martinstraka8282
    You bet! Too many years of smoking on bongs have had an effect I guess. My wife can only do about 10 seconds lol.

Happy to help! I complained briefly that there was no option to extend the 15 seconds and at one point it dawned on me to just release and press again and keep pulling.
  • Frosty1
    Like when the monkey touched the monolith!
  • Baron23
    You must have lungs like a sperm whale...that's a 30 second + total draw!! haha I can't do it. 15 seconds and I'm done-done. :lol:
  • martinstraka8282
    Haha I will take that as a compliment!

My wife insists something is wrong with me.

I'm sure Bud would be able to out do me...
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment