• Momor
    I have an OG MV1 and don't use it because of the same behaviour @22spider is describing.

After all the good reviews about the stealth version, I bought one but got same results : I'm able to get only 1 good hit per temp setting. If I try to take a second hit at the same temp I get almost no vapor.

Even if I have a splinter V1 and a boundless Tera and I have no problem taking multiple draws a certain temp (no matter the temp),
    I began to think that the MV1 could be so efficient, that it manages to extract all my herb can give at a certain temp in just one shot (I live in an illegal state so my herb isn't as good as yours).
    After the few comments above, I now think it can be a real issue with my unit.

After 1 month of use my latch broke so my MV1 is now in the RMA process. I'll get my new one hopefully on Monday so I'll see if this time I can get more than one good draw per heat level and will report back.
    (sorry if everything I said isn't very clear)

Have a good weekend guys
  • 38spider
    exactly, I am starting to see that these issues I'm having are common problems other people are having, your right, I cant seem to get consecutive hits on the mv1 without resetting the battery, I notice that the next draw is always significant shorter and gives me hardly any vape, i was also thinking for awhile that maybe I was also extracting my entire crucible in one hit, I would love to see some work on getting the heat cycle to perform better, maybe a mv1 in the future? Lol? Who knows, but honestly the stirring and rotating, ect is inevitable, I dont know a convection, or a conduction vape that doesn't need a little tending to during the session, but the vape cycles has to be consistent or else things just start to build up, anyway let me know how your other unit performs, it will be interesting to see if this heat cycle shortage is a constant. ✌
  • MunicipalBlack
    @Momor
    That definitely doesn't sound right with the heating issues and once you get a new MV1 you'll see. I can sit at Yellow 1 and take successive draws to the point of my unit getting quite hot, although I have yet to go into temperature protection so I'm not worried.

@22spider I find I need to reset the battery every once in a while for reasons unknown. If I don't see decent vapour by my 2nd or 3rd draw I do a quick reset and it clears everything up. I don't believe I'm pressing the back button too quickly but something is going on. This is pretty rare and more so what will throw the heat cycle off is a battery that is mid to low charge at least that's what I find. As soon as I'm at 1 green light I charge but typically at 2 green lights. I have 3 batteries now so I just rotate through them and pop them on the fast charger so I'm at a full charge every morning.
  • Boombastik
    This might be a stupid question;

When you connect to the MV1 via the app and edit the heat temperature on either level 4 or 5, Is there a period of time we’re suppose to wait after adjusting the temp or is it live. Example; if I select edit on level 4 which i think is 410 degrees F and I adjust the temperature lower or higher it automatically adjusts it (live)?
  • acstorfer
    yes, it’s connected Bluetooth so make an adjustment on one, and the other is changed real time.
  • GHOSTTEAM

completely understand where you're coming from my friend, feedback is and always will be appreciated and taken seriously. I can't say that I've experienced what you're describing but I know you're not the only one report it. In the past we've brought in vapes to evaluate with the hopes of recreating this but so far have been unsuccessful. Without that data it can be difficult to find a solution. That however hasn't stopped us from developing and continuing to brainstorm to find solutions to every problem that arises.

Feel free to PM me if you'd like to have us evaluate your device or if you'd like to bounce ideas off of me. I'm always happy to help.

Cheers,
    Virgil from GHOST Vapes 
  • 38spider
    thankyou virgil, I appreciate you and your team, one thing that I've always liked about you guys is that you guys are receptive, I wish more companies could be that way, thanks again Virgil✌, I've found that a simple reset corrects any short heating sequences:)))
  • Stants
    Had a play around with mine last night thought I'd try something a bit different, temps over 200°c were starting to hurt my throat even with the bubbler, so started backing off to 190° all seemed to be better but I noticed that after 6 or so pulls there want much vapour left so assumed the bud was done,

Upon inspection of the avb it's still quite squishy, so much so I loaded up the airizer exq the other day with the ghost avb and got a balloon full of vapour (admittedly not the tastiest) but led me to start thinking about why the ghosts not cooking it all,

Last night I thought I'd try rotating the crucible more than once, here's what I did,
    all temps in Celsius.

2xpulls at 170° rotate crucible
    2 more at same temp, then rotate
    2x180° pulls & rotate again,
    2 more pulls, then finally one at 190° and the avb was super crispy and quite dark. these all lead to nice tasty clouds though !

Anyway I know it's a bit more fiddly but I was sat at home bored &just thought I'd share it with you all here see if it helps out
  • ElG992
    @ghostvapesofficial what about the firmware update?
  • Whofarted
    Hi all I’m new to vaping, and the ghost is my first vape. Getting some decent results but I am wondering what temperature I should be using to get consistent, medium draws... since I’m used to smoking and feeling how much smoke is in my lungs, with the vape I’ll just think I’m inhaling air, and then a second later I’m choking my balls off lol...is there a good temp to stick on if u just want consistent draws that are good but not blowing your brains out?
  • Boombastik

I think others will have better answers.

Lately I’ve been setting the MV1 to 350 F when it’s full charge. Keep in mind if you heat it up again straight after at the same setting you’ll get more smoke because it’s already been heated once. Sometimes I'll even turn it down after if I do back to back heat ups.

I use to set it on level three until I messed around with the edit option on level four.

If I had a suggestion; download the app and adjust the heat. It may take a few trys until you find the sweet spot, but once you find it Im sure you will enjoy it more.

Keep in mind, once battery life goes down you will notice a difference in performance and youll have to increase the heat. In addition, high humidty areas kind of mess with performance as well. Over labor day weekend we stayed at our friends place at the beach and they dont like to use AC a bunch and I couldnt find a sweet spot even after like 6 or 7 crucibles.
  • Whofarted
    thanks for ur answer man... so sounds it’s a moving target as the battery life goes down...
  • Pud
    Yes why most of us have either 2 batteries or a quick charger or both... I switch batteries when I get down to 1/2 charge or sooner just so I don’t deal with it as much... actually I switch batteries all the time and throw it in the charger... lol!.. not that I’ve had a problem but to avoid one
  • Whofarted
    Gotcha...I just got the fast charger in the mail today so that should help. So on a full charge do u have a temp setting u like to stay at?
  • Pud
    I use level 3... it works fine for me... I don’t feel compelled to use the app to tweak the temp... guess I’m not a true aficionado... lol!
    I rate my success by buzz achieved rather than vapor produced
  • MunicipalBlack
    @ElG992
    Virgil will probably pop in here soon but when I asked him yesterday he said they didn't have a concrete release date but they're concentrating on the Android app right now. The iOS app sounds like it's in good shape. He said they want to make sure there are no potential issues which I appreciate even if the wait can be hard. Not that the app is broken or anything I'm just excited to see what they've been working on.

@Whofarted
    If I have a full to 4-5 crucibles deep battery I can usually set my MV1 to yellow 1 and with back to back draws nicely toast all my material brown. That's pulling the battery after every crucible to avoid Bluetooth drain. Sometimes I'll bump the temp gradually through level 1, 2, and 3 or maybe higher but never more then 210°C/410°F.

I have been cycling my batteries usually after 5-6 crucibles at max although on friday I drained one of my batteries completely after 10ish crucibles. I honestly don't remember how many crucibles just that I ended on level 3 while walking my dogs at midnight baked out of my mind :blush:
    I was throughly impressed because it wasn't very warm outside (10°C/50F° which I thought might impact the performance) and I kept taking draw after draw.
  • Whofarted
    I would prob fall into that camp myself...I just like to stay high with minimal tweakage lol
  • Whofarted
    interesting...after more experimenting I’m finding I’m digging the lower temps, more draws also
  • Justpassedu
    Maybe something is wrong with my Mv1 but I do enjoy it. I only get good hits at the highest temp so that is what I leave it on , It must have a freshly charged battery or be used plugged in to achieve big milky hits and I average about 2-5 hits per packing. It is more so a desktop now for me as the good hits only come with a freshly charged battery and after 2 crucibles worth on that battery I cannot get good vapor out of it after unless I re-charge. The hits I do get are very nice but on any other vape I own , I never go so high in the temp range that I do with the Mv1 . I'm not prepared to drop the money on a new battery just to figure out if that may be the issue. Maybe @GHOSTTEAM can help ?
  • Boombastik

I’m going to re-test mine again after full charge. Yesterday I felt like performance fell off real fast (had to be battery related). I’m wondering if my battery is starting to depreciate.

Seemed like before I could go through a few crucibles then I’d have to crank up the heat. Yesterday, seemed totally different
  • Whofarted
    Btw got the fast charger, and that’s helped a ton. Also I was running it way too hot before, I dialed back the heat settings this weekend quite a bit and got great results...baked as hell with minimal coughing...mostly kept on the 3 amber settings
  • WOLF444
    Does anyone know if there any businesses other than Sneaky Pete's that are offering a water pipe attachment for the MV1?
  • WOLF444

Thanks for the link(s)... Hopefully the Adapter piece will come back into stock...
  • WOLF444
    Update on the water pipe adapters... I emailed PuffItUp about the backorder status and the response I got was that they don't plan on re-stocking that product/item... So I opted to order from a Canadian retailer (VapeNorth) and pay the increased pricepoint... Ordered two, in case I end up breaking one... Now I need to settle on a water pipe... This is the leading candidate:
    https://www.badassglass.com/collections/bubbler/products/showerhead-sidecar-bubbler-by-diamond
  • Summer
    I only get good hits at the highest temp so that is what I leave it on , It must have a freshly charged battery or be used plugged in to achieve big milky hitsJustpassedu

Huh? I don't think the Ghost has a pass thru mode. ???
  • EconMan
    Huh? I don't think the Ghost has a pass thru mode. ???Summer
    It doesn't. If they do now, news to me. ??
  • Justpassedu
    That’s weird bc mine works plugged in and the battery light stays on also .
  • Summer
    @GHOSTTEAM HI, Virgil. Please see my comment 3 posts up & the post above this one & weigh_in. Is there any danger in charging the vape while using? Since it's not pass thru, the result is that while your charging the batt, you are also depleting it - if it's even possible to do both at the same time.
  • Trainwreck
    The mv1 does have pass though charging, but the battery has to have a low percentage of charge before it can be used on pass through :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment