• BestBuds
    Sidecar for me. Thanks for the tips I am going to try it tonight. :cool:
  • LabPong
    ↪LabPong
    Sidecar for me. Thanks for the tips I am going to try it tonight. :cool:
    BestBuds

Any changes?
  • BestBuds
    Definitely better but I'm still not milking up the bong like if it was loaded normally. I even upped the watts to 12 but it's still not crushing the bowl. I dunno. You guys see anything wrong besides my battery? I just finished the session and this battery is going in the charger.
    wjvk9a4oi9ndi63p.png
  • martinstraka8282
    I had the same experience with the G in the elev8er bowl and after trying everything I could think of or get advice on, I gave up on it. I had moments of mild success but it was mostly whispy vapor and I could not kill bowls no matter how long I went at it. I had no problems when direct loading.
  • LabPong
    You guys see anything wrong besides my battery?BestBuds

Your Ohms are quite high at 1.17 Let it cool off and then put in a new cell.....what is it then?
  • LabPong
    ↪LabPong
    now it's .98
    BestBuds

Ok...not bad...it's on the high side of acceptable. Once you start getting into say.... 106Ohm and higher..your mod might get too warm after 12 mins or so and it will not output enough power to the heater.

Also, though I just have to ask.....is your flower dry enough?
  • BestBuds
    It's in a mason jar with 60% bovida. Any idea why my Ohms would be high? Does my G need servicing?
  • VapeCritic
    Important G43 Update

• zancru

“It takes a lot of hours....” jajajajajaja jajajajajaja :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:
    ....”and I hate labor”.... jajajajajaja jajajajajaja
    Unless it’s “Moose-stang” related....jajajajajaja
    Stay vaped!!!
  • Vapedude
    “It takes a lot of hours....” jajajajajaja jajajajajaja :lol: :rofl: :lol: :rofl:
    ....”and I hate labor”.... jajajajajaja jajajajajaja
    Unless it’s “Moose-stang” related....jajajajajaja
    Stay vaped!!!
    zancru

gd685yvziqjalc72.gif
  • Terpenetime
    Bud has got to be massively applauded for getting the G43 project as far as he has, although I’m sure this news will come as a huge disappointment to those unfortunate enough to miss out :cry:

I can’t help wondering if his one error was to price it too cheap? Sure the parts are relatively inexpensive but it’s difficult to comprehend how any low volume product that takes an hour and a half to build can be sold profitably for just $99? :chin:
  • LabPong
    It's in a mason jar with 60% bovida. Any idea why my Ohms would be high? Does my G need servicing?BestBuds

Ok.....there is one thing there then...if your taking your flower from its 60% humidity controlled container....that is pretty moist for vaping in general. I would set your bud out for a few hours or over night. Then grind it up and vape that. You might be only held back from your moisture levels here.

You could do a quick check of the wire contacts at the 2 RDA screw connections....just make sure they are tightened down enough...dont force it...just make sure the screws are tight. Unscrew the RDA from your mod..then lift the cover off it and slide it up the wire a few inches to get to the connections.

Also, when people say...."kill a bowl" "finish a bowl" .....do not go by color of abv alone....I go by how my hits I can get off the load size with a specific vape. I have taken semi green colored ABV from my g43/elev8r bowl after vaping it down....then I took my Elev8r heater and torched up the remaining bowl leftovers......I got little to no vapor with the "end of the line" taste from it.

Having the load so close to the heater will allow for fast even browning compared to using the G43 injector style with an Elev8r bowl. I recall this happening somewhat with the flowerpot showerhead too. Strain dependent as well.....

On your mod settings....you can set it up with more useful info ....like session timer and mod temp, and unlock the Ohms. (pic below shows ohms at 0 because there is no heater connected to it.

Primo-Mini.jpg

To change the editable settings.....hit the fire button 2 times and then use the up button (left one) to advance to each setting....and the right fire button will change the value of info in that setting.
  • Hippie
    I would unclip the quick connector, unscrew the atomizer from the mod, clean the 510 connectors, zero the locked resistance, then connect it all back up again and see if you get a better cold resistance reading (everything needs to be room temp for this) as that reading should a lot closer to .8 ohms
  • LabPong
    I would unclip the quick connector, unscrew the atomizer from the mod, clean the 510 connectors, zero the locked resistance, then connect it all back up again and see if you get a better cold resistance reading (everything needs to be room temp for this) as that reading should a lot closer to .8 ohmsHippie

Yes exactly....but also tighten up the wire rda connections.

I am hoping that BestBuds issue is only too moist of flower.
  • BestBuds
    The lowest I got it down to is .89 everything is tight. On the RDA connectors, there is one wire under one screw and two under the other, correct? I am going to give it another try tonight with your suggestions. I would like to get the external bowl working to keep my G clean! :cool:
  • LabPong
    The lowest I got it down to is .89 everything is tight. On the RDA connectors, there is one wire under one screw and two under the other, correct? I am going to give it another try tonight with your suggestions. I would like to get the external bowl working to keep my G clean! :cool:BestBuds

If you can keep the Ohms to under 96....will be fine.

On my beta unit....Bud used 2 wires in the crimp connection to the RDA. On a normal one and a spare part... I got after the first 70-100.....it had possibly thicker single wire I think.

But....more over BestBuds....Id like to see what happens if you can get the flower below 45% humidity. Just for a test....put a bud in the microwave for 10 seconds....maybe 2 separate times. That should dry it out a bit. Or just leave it out over night in some place that is hopefully not too humid. You could even just grind some up and leave it out overnight.
  • BestBuds
    I had some 45% bovida packs and let the bud sit in a mason jar with that over-night. I'm loading a bowl now I will report back! It might be the herb but I tried to do a dab on the HS loaded as intended for the G and couldn't get vapor. :worry: I had to put the stone in the lotus to finish the wax. That was before I tightened everything down. Ok, brb...
  • LabPong
    BestBuds...if your using a healthstone..I would suggest using the small ones inside the G slide. You will need much more heating power to use the bigger stone in an Elev8r bowl. I never do that.....I just use my elev8r with the bigger stone in the elev8r bowl or the small one inside the G slide.

Oh....also, Id like to see you get your flower down to 30-35% to vape with. Some strains/grow-quality..... the humidity wont make too much of a difference....they start to vape well after the first or second hit when the excess water is baked out. But some strains just need to be fairly dry in comparison.
  • EconMan

You should make a dab rig. :cool: I'll be your personal economist. I'm in charge of pricing though :nerd:
  • BestBuds
    I think it's the bud. I'll have to get it to the correct humidity or get new bud.
    The HS i use is the one VapeCritic sells for use with the G43. As in stock setup.
  • LabPong
    I think it's the bud. I'll have to get it to the correct humidity or get new bud.
    The HS i use is the one VapeCritic sells for use with the G43. As in stock setup.
    BestBuds

Got it.....good deal then....have you tried to do a double decker with a pinch of flower below the loaded up HS in the G43?
  • BestBuds
    have you tried to do a double decker with a pinch of flower below the loaded up HS in the G43?LabPong
    Yeah, I wasn't a fan. It was messy because herb gets everywhere and once the bowl is done the HS was a pain in the balls to get out. I actually damaged a HS so bad that way I had to throw it away.
  • EconMan
    Just an FYI, fiddling, I took a good dab out of the G43 using two S&B liquid pads stacked together with the wattage pumped way up. I load the pads with oil sandwiched between them and put them in the fridge for a few minutes and then place them as a "glued" unit into the bowl of the G.

I'm not recommending it as a dab rig or course, but it does work! (I was out of butane, Carta on loan, Peak has no working atomizers, and wished I had not given my DynaCoil away)

It tasted good and got me high -- although I'm a novice on mods and related so I do believe I cranked up the wattage a bit too high. It used up almost an entire battery in one session.
  • Law7764
    G43 for sale in the classifies
  • EconMan
    G43 for sale in the classifiesLaw7764

I am seriously considering using that and the G43 in general as a one of my take home essay questions in Microeconomics....

"Evaluate the following statement with as much rigor as possible:
    "The G43 Vaporizer is UNDERpriced."

I did the exact same thing with the "Hang Drum" a few years ago. Beats "widgets" for young people :nerd:
  • Pud
    did you compare and contrast with Hapi drum?... lol!
  • EconMan
    did you compare and contrast with Hapi drumPud

LOL. I love the "tongue" drums. I have a HAPI ufo pentatonic scale, and a HAPI mini.

One a month I have a standing gig at a bar where I do a one-man show using my Zendrum, HAPI's and my Hang.
    HAPI
    hapi_steel_tongue_drum_ufo_top_lowresbb.jpg

Zendrum
    Korina%20ZX%20Text-500x350.png
  • Pud
    very very cool! I’m going to have to check out the zendrum.... I’ve never tried to play one but they are all supercool! I was super ripped and played three YouTube videos simultaneously, a guy playing a Hapi and another vid playing an electrified Indian sitar...and an electrified stringed digidgerdo... it was perfection! lol!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jit2YOCH-4
  • Tone
    @VapeCritic you should at least try and make 420 of them..
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment