• Terpenetime
    @spider I recently bought a used Showerhead bundle. I haven’t needed to clean the Showerhead itself yet but the stand had some minor surface scratches. I used a Cape Cod Polishing Cloth on it and it came up like brand new with very little effort.

6lddlotk6mdy35yu.jpeg

Let me be clear, the cloth isn’t going to clean away any resin and I don’t know if you’d want it near your air path anyway. But it is great for refinishing any non critical areas.
  • NVChris
    None of our parts ship polished. They are shipped with a factory brushed finish. You can choose to polish them if you'd like. But they do NOT ship polished. The Scotch Brite pads are only for restoring that factory brushed finish in case of stains.
  • spider
    oh, I'm sorry, I must have mis-understood you? You talk of scotch brite pads witch I'm tracking, but were do the sanding pad, 'wheel ' 'disc's fit in,
    I know me and you spoke but me throwing out this thread was basically my way of reaching for more clearer, accurate information possible from old time FP users, just trying to get a better gauge on if its necessary and to see up close what these guys use.
  • spider
    Thanks , good stuff ⚓
  • NVChris
    Understood! No worries!
  • Pud
    I have a dcup version 1.... does anybody know if the dcup carb cap will work on the vrod? Trying to figure out cost if I use my weedeater 5 wrap coil and buy the vrod head. I know they say you need the vrod one but for $40 was curious anyone else's opinion. I'm not concerned with terp balls spinning at this point due to the angled holes
  • NVChris
    it's the same coil!
  • Pud
    I'm curious about the carb cap from dcup working on the vrod.. sorry I wrote that confusing... Thanks!
  • NVChris
    no, unfortunately the DCup carb cap will not work on the vrod. But the new universal cap works on all of them!
  • Pud
    Thanks Chris!
  • chaos191
    Can anybody recommend the best way to clean my silicone carbide dish after taking a dab? Q tip and water well it's hot or should I use some iso and A Q tip?
  • Baron23
    SiC is a wonderful surface and generally most folks (well, me haha) just qtip it clean after a dab. I use two qtips.

When it starts to get a bit sticky or just after a week or so of dabbing, then yes....qtip and....well, this is how I was advised to do it and it works really well:

1. Set your PID to about 200 F. Your insert will be a lower temp as there is always a delta between coil's reported temp and the actual dab surface.

2. Add a few drops of water.

3. With qtip in hand, add one drop of ISO. Water will immediately begin boiling so be fast with your qtip.

4. Swab that sucker out. If not completely clean, repeat but this usually gets it in one for me but I'm not a heavy user compared to some.

When done, its spotless, IME.

Now, you can use just water or even just a wet qtip and get decent results if your banger isn't too dirty, but I have found what I outlined works best.

Well...this is just my input, I guess. Others may have a different view.
  • chaos191
    Thanks a lot Baron sounds simple enough I am a light user so I probly won't need the iso that often Q tip after dabbing with water sounds easy enough Cheers :)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment