• NVChris
    Nice going! Definitely a tweakers vape! That thing will be so efficient!
  • spider
    So I got an issue right now and I got to say I'm not getting much help from newvape right now, now so hopefully someone else can shed some light on my issue

Since I recieved my FP setup I have definitely noticed that the 5/8 screens that came do not fit at all into my 14mm glassbowls? They fit fine into my 18mm glassbowls, but they dont fit into my 14mm glassbowl, because of this I compared the 2 bowls, and it looks like the 18mm glassbowl might be a little bigger, which makes me believe that I possibly have a defective 14mm glassbowl?and when I say im having an issue with NV, I'm referring to the fact that I'm telling them, the screens fit fine in the 18mm bowl, but not in the 14mm bowl, and there trying to say nothing's defective? Well if that's so, then why do the screens fit fine in one bowl and not the other? Obviously because of that there has to be a defect?

Has anyone else had any issues with there 5/8 size screens fitting in any of there glass bowls, because mine definitely, absolutely does not fit?
    I could use some comparison or advice 8x5hz8p0yqlxjrsa.jpg
  • Baron23
    the bowl is not defective.

It’s just Chinese glass and I would be shocked if they didn’t have variance.

My only thought is to just press t in if it will stay in that way. Always used to have to push screens into pipe bowls.

Or take a small wire cutter or the like and trim it up a bit.

Cheers
  • spider
    thanks man, I probably will have to trim it, it just bothers me a bit, because I'm the kinda person when I buy something that claims to be well made, craftsmanship, ect, I expect it to be that way,
    I mean it fits nice and perfect into the 18mm glass bowl? Why cant it do the same with the 14mm? Lol.. anyway I appreciate your help baron, I think that's some good advice, I know you have quite a nice FP setup, did you notice this issue with any of your glass bowls/screens?
  • Baron23
    if you want NV quality, get a Ti bowl. They only carry the glass bowl because FC members clamored for one, I believe.

I did not use metal screens in my glass bowls as that seemed to defeat the purpose.

In the end, I returned to use of the Ti adjust-a-bow as I just liked them better.
  • spider
    oh yeah, I agree I do own the titanium bowl and I agree it's nice, hell I even got a 14mm post so I could use it with smaller rigs, anyway I do notice a slight difference between the two, the one thing I noticed was that I was getting constant blowback from using my glass bowl last night, versus using the titanium which I get none?
  • Baron23
    I get blow back on my rig and sort of think its my rig. Its a C2 65mm stemless can and when the water drops back down, the AVB goes up.

My approach is to carb cap...which I do always....lift the cap to clear the rig but drop it back on before stopping my draw.

Others, with other rigs, say that they don't have this problem.

For me, this was with both Ti and glass bowls.
  • spider
    That sounds like a good idea, yeah I'm using the stereo matrix rig right now and when I switched to the glass bowl last night is when I noticed the blowback? It kinda sucks because now when using glass, I have to grab that hot glass handle to lift before that water settles, I lost 2 nice loads yesterday getting used to this, lol.

For some reason I dont get any when using the titanium bowl? Interesting:: , perhaps it has to do with its dimensions? I actually feel like testing it out right now, lol.
  • Baron23
    oh, just another thought.

The FP is sensitive to draw speed. The slower you draw, the hotter is the effective air. Contrary wise, faster is cooler.

Sort of points out the fact that for this application, the PID gets me close but real temp? Nah, that has to account for my draw speed.

If you haven’t, try a REAL slow draw and I’m sure you will see it right off.

Cheers
  • spider
    very true indeed, when I use a 18mm rig I sometimes subconsciously draw faster as I start losing my breath, I get a real nice vapor productionw/FP when using it with the small sneaky Pete's bubbler with whip, I can just sit back and watch with my eyes, which helps me control draw speed, it's my go to for sure

Hey while I got you expertise attention I'd like to ask you about the blowback on the stereo matrix, I didn't even notice till last night this was happening?, now is it best to rest the head on it until the water settles,?I can take the bowl and head off at the same time as well, but was curious which is the perferd method, now I know you'll probably suggest a carb cap but I'm using a weedeater, so no cap,
    Anyway you will have to escuse my curiousity on this, never used a 18mm rig before a couple weeks ago, still need a lil fine tuning.
  • BestBuds
    I have a DHGate Mobius Matrix sidecar bong. Do you guys think I should get new glass too? I'm concerned about how close to my face the coil will be. :fire: :fear:
  • Mangu
    The mouthpiece on mine extends about 2 inches from the body of the can and it’s fine. It is close. But not really an issue.
  • spider
    So to reinforce what I was saying last night, after using the stereo matrix for about 2 weeks I have to say I wish I was a little more educated about blowback? I don't necessarily disagree with my choice on buying it, buy honestly the glass piece I recommend and should have bought was the Mega sneaky pete globe, I have the small one and it works perfect, no BLOWBACK at all,

I definitely wish I would have grabbed this globe due to the no-blownack issue, and you can use a whip, or glass mouthpiece which is some nice variety, also its nice to sit back and watch your vapor build up in the bowl, I usually will use my eyes/visually to control my draw speed with this glasspiece,,I guess all of NV pieces have blowback and I wish I knew this? Oh well, I will say one thing, I used the stereo matrix dry last night and it's the best, no more water for me in that one, much better performance m9t61u82jfviftvd.jpg
    I’m embarrassed to show this publicity but someone might learn from MY MISTAKE, I stretched and tightened my coil so tight it will not come apart, not with my garage tools at least. I started with tape and clothes under the pliers, vice and channel locks but finally said fuck it I’m getting this thing apart!!! Nope. It still works awesome though. It runs 40-50° hotter with the tight coil and I vape flower around 620° instead of 665°. She ain’t pretty but it’s a tank with battle scars. Moral of the story is, if it ain’t broke...
    ft17goxzw5i7er75.jpeg
    nuzscrxkzua6rg64.jpeg
  • LabPong
    I have a DHGate Mobius Matrix sidecar bong. Do you guys think I should get new glass too? I'm concerned about how close to my face the coil will be. :fire: :fear:BestBuds

No.....the single matrix rigs are the best in my opinion! Just get a dropdown never look back....your rig will be cleaner too!

THIS ONE ON THE GATE WORKS WITH AN ADAPTER IN YOUR SIDECAR

The short wide cans like the matrix ones need a wide angle off the top to clean the sides.....so this one works as it will be at the same level of your current joint.....but puts it much farther away form your face. It collects most of the reclaim and bits too....so if you use water....the water stays much cleaner longer.
  • Baron23
    I don’t think it the coil. Can maybe just the Ti stuck to itself from heat and maybe reclaim.

The coil should only be sticking to the top part with the post

How could that stop the two halves from unscrewing??

I mean, even with the Vrod and the notch for the end of the coil, I imagine that it must unscrew away from the direction of the coil (that is, away from the notch)???

You got me, I can get it to spin about a quarter turn like it’s almost loose then it stops dead like the coil is catching something. Maybe I’ll sent it to NV and let them decide, maybe but it in their museum, lol. @NewVape420
    The DabWacker :lol:
    cu55fgewiyoa8r3s.jpeg
  • Hapo
    ...WTF is that...?!?...

You definitely wouldn’t like it.
  • zancru
    Do-Si-Dos in Ti bowl.
    WeedEater at 666F.
    Stone SGW by Preston Hanna.

Sweet and relaxing. Do-Si-Dos is good at night.
    Have a nice one.
    Stay vaped!!!
    Mantente de la mente!!!
  • Chandler
    @zancru and everybody else with a FP. Big question. How does the vapor quality of FP compare to G43?
    Is the FP vapor superior in any way?? Any advantage over G???

I'm reaching a level where I want to slow down on acquiring new vape tech, But I need to be satisfied with the equipment I have or it won't stop. I took about 4 weeks away from G so I could test other vaporizers more thoroughly without bias. I returned to G43 yesterday. Easily better quality vapor than the vapes I was trying enjoy..

@VapeCritic my brother. Real talk. You knocked it out the park with G43! It's a shame everyone who desires one won't get the opportunity to acquire one!

I know I still need a Lotus cap with WPA. Besides that if FP is on or above the level of G43 I'll take the plunge and go all in

Thanks for the help
  • Mangu
    this is my opinion: vapor quality is on par between both units. I like the idea of glass over titanium, but I really cannot tell the difference in the flavor. The fp gives you a whole different level of flexibility with a very wide range for heat setting and the ability of dropping a dab on variety of surfaces (sic, quartz, whatever other dishes they have). The one thing that makes me keep the fp out at all times vs whipping the g out every now And again is the fact that I keep that sucker plugged in and no need to stop my session and switch my battery and then charge them all because my session carried on for too long :lol: You won’t be mad If you have both :up:
  • Chandler
    @Mangu thanks. I appreciate your response/opinion
    Blue Dream in a blue grinder.
    sa5bp3a93zqj31fk.jpeg
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention